Millennnials why are they shit?

So far they are described as
>Lazy
>Refuse to actually do any work, just expect to be paid no matter what
>Entitled to the point of almost forming a religious mindset around it
>Expect to be rewarded for each and every meager task they are set to perform
>Live at parents house well into their mid 30's
>Expect a six figure income seconds after graduating with their Women's Studies degree

What the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Nu-male#So_where_did_they_come_from.3F
youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ
strawpoll.com/z212yer
strawpoll.com/9yd8xcx
strawpoll.com/7ce59zc
strawpoll.com/52a8fxw
editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Nu-male#So_where_did_they_come_from.3F

Those first 4 (((qualities))) you described are endemic to Baby Boomers, though.
>source: have been working since I was 13 and every boomer I have worked with has been lazy and entitled
I can go on about how they too seem to be entitled to "muh benefits"; I used to hear so many boomers unironically bragging about "muh double dipping" and how "im not s'posta get away with it but i do!" (e.g.: drawing full social security/retirement/pension while "working" a job).

I'm actually doing pretty well as a young millennial.

Donno but the problem will resolve itself.

Reality TV and the internet destroyed us.

Social media.

It made everyone concerned with their outward appearence to others and focus on superficial relationships. This was made worse by the generation being coddled and kept safe from opposing forces and the internet allowing people to hide in an echo chamber.

nice

I don't even know many people who fulfill that stereotype. There are vapid people in every generation but most millennials are working hard paying off student loan debt, they're much nicer than the generations that came before them, the shittiness isn't unique to them and they're objectively better in other ways.

>Expect a six figure income seconds after graduating with their Women's Studies degree

I'll preface this by saying anyone who actually expects this is retarded. But I do hope that we can have a quick discussion on the - what I find to be irrational - demonization and parody of non-STEM majors. Why do people clown liberal arts and humanities majors as being useless and dumb? In my opinion an advanced society like the west SHOULD have an open space and support of those who study and create art. Expression and further understanding of the human condition is a noble goal, something we've been striving for since the very beginnings of what we call civilization. So why is anyone who actually wants to expand upon the works of respected artists and thinkers before us considered a dipshit who will die poor? Shouldn't we support those who wish to pursue that kind of shit?

Why are there no divorce spikes?

On a serious note, skip to 11:31 and you'll see why this is bs

It probably counts married as in 1 or more.

I agree they are shit. We must save my generation, the ones who are just entering the workforce.
strawpoll.com/z212yer
strawpoll.com/9yd8xcx
strawpoll.com/7ce59zc
strawpoll.com/52a8fxw

>Why do people clown liberal arts and humanities majors as being useless and dumb?
Because the Chinese are kicking our asses in the STEM department.

Surprisingly in-depth.

Because overwhelming majority of them are dumb and do not lead towards anything but teaching the same thing. Taking a degree in a field that has zero industry behind it means no jobs exist for it. So it turns into a huge waste of time for nearly everyone involved.

Me too.

>>Refuse to actually do any work, just expect to be paid no matter what

lmao sorry we're not as fucking stupid as the shitheads who lived in the 20th century birthday . I'm not going down a mineshaft and getting black lung when I can collect govt. money at the expense of idiots who do work.

>tfw you are constantly assblasting Sup Forumsacks just by existing

feels good mane :^)

Art isn't useless or dumb though. I work in an artistic field (UI design) and probably make more than most people here who make fun of it.

Fascinating. See how the unmarried levels are levelling out? the 1980 age range specifically. Ar going to reach a point where we have ~50% of all women never married?

What the fuck is coming socially in the next 10 years?

>something something welfare state

>Live at parents house well into their mid 30's
Live only with your wife and kids in your own house right out of college? Such a scenario was only possible under the very specific economic and technological conditions of post-war America. The idea of the nuclear family was always unsustainable and traditional/extended families will become the norm in the near future.

I get to live, eat, and drink alcohol even all on the government's dime. tell me again why a welfare state is bad? the only people in the U.S. who are poor are those too lazy to go down and collect their money, which they are entitled to by simply being born here.

>What the fuck is coming socially in the next 10 years?

but only if you are Mexican, no one gives a shit about anyone else being born here

This graph is horribly wrong. Your legend dates are the opposite of reality

I'm not saying everyone should be liberal arts major. STEM is mad important, but it's also over-saturated. Lotta dipshits are going to school for STEM, wasting time, and never getting jobs and making money. EVERYTHING IS OVERSATURATED, not just arts.

I'm just saying the arts should be respected more.

However I do think it is interesting how people who grew up almost entirely in an economic recession are then blamed for being products of said recession. Because the most common complaints about millennials and the economy are

>Why aren't they buying homes?
>Why are they not buying cars
>Thy refuse to support the economy
>Why are they still working at Wal-Mart and Starbucks? They need to grow up and get real jobs!

Almost to the point where people are actually blaming the recession on them, or at least getting angry with the generation who has the hardest time finding employment just out of school with zero experience as opposed to companies being as picky with their hiring as they want because nearly every industry has more willing applicants than spaces available.

editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf

They are the offspring of two of the worst generations of people this world has ever seen, Boomers and Gen X. Of course millennials are going to be self-indulgent, narcissistic, petulant little shits.

>expect not to work but to get paid anyway
Think back to high school or whatever your equivalent is. If you had a group project, common practice was to make the nerd of the group do all the work and then copy off his paper. This is just an extension of that
>expect to be rewarded for every meager task
This branches off of the previous point but their consensus is that their effort is so precious, you should feel honored that they took even a minute out of their day for you
>live at parents house well into 30s
Inflation is the big blame here. A min wage job back in the 70s could pay for a house/rent payment with proper budgeting but that same job now falls woefully short.
>expects a six figure income seconds after graduating college
The college shills are to blame here. They went through school constantly being told that simply graduating college would net them their dream job/salary. All those people care about is collecting that tuition. They dont give a shit if the degree you're after can achieve your goals. Sure if the students had done the proper research they'd be less likely to graduate with a useless degree but lots of teens would trust those counsellors because its their job to be knowledgeable about those things.

I didn't say it was. I'm explicitly saying that someone who says they're getting a masters in Studio Art or Art History are clowned on by society as being useless offhand. I'm not saying that any individual with a Fine Arts masters is inherently useful, they might suck. I am saying that we shouldn't just clown on the arts as a whole.

I'm hoping for orgies frankly

less marriage could result in more libertine attitudes towards sex, approaching a legitimately open sexual society

Imagine a world where you could go take a fuck break like you would a smoke break with that one cute from accounting. Or where swinging at parties wasn't some kinky taboo but just par for the course like drinking a beer or two.

You strip away sanctimony we've built around sex and the fear/stigma it is meant to serve, and you have a sex positive society where people fuck because it feels good.

I just want the world to collapse into a Dionysian freeforall

Masses of unmarried men and women going absolutely fucking crazy and starting a nuclear exchange?

>everything is overstaurated

Yup. Even I.T. I laugh at the hyper-arrogant STEMfags who have bought into the hype. They're going to get a smack of reality when they graduate. Look around on job boards and they are filled with regretful engineering students.

Not saying STEM is shit, it is obviously a higher-precentage-get-a-job choice, but people treat it like it is some guarantee. It isn't, not even close.

It's correct, research it.

Liberals are literally going extinct.

What is there to say?
Who would listen?

The act of this millennial purposefully having a child saved both my Waifu 3D and myself.

When in public all the brown babies and childless white millennias look at my child as a God, knowing that soon they will have to face darkness before sleeping alone.

On a friday night asleep with Child and Waifu 3D

The quiet whispers of friends and substance lose their grip,
and I life for eternity

>less marriage could result in more libertine attitudes towards sex, approaching a legitimately open sexual society
We are at this point and have been for decades. Women are picky and shallow about their choice of men. Unless you're rich or a chad don't expect attractive girls to give out free sex.

You'd have an easier chance getting laid by someone attractive in the 19th century.

>Masses of unmarried men and women going absolutely fucking crazy and starting a nuclear exchange?

You got it backwards. WW3 is the solution to all our problems.

>nu males make shitty fathers
>kids fend for themselves
>new generation of people with sense and cohesive thought

Living at home with parents because they can't afford to buy houses or rent.

>go to panda express interview
>hey user, so what makes you uniquely panda?
>what do you bring to panda?
>what makes you panda material
>where do yo see yourself at panda within 5 years?
>How would you make Panda a better place?
>what do you bring to panda?
>we will see
>have to compete with spics with work visas
>don't get the fast food job
>other warehouse jobs are filled to the brim with Spanish speakers on visas
>everything is except trucking local but fuck that job you need a CDL
>living wage jobs require a degree and 5 years exp
>vegetable clerk requires a degree

-Apply for gov gibs,1k per month,not including 195 in ebt foodstamps,medicaid ,and rent help
>how's it going?
>here's your ebt card and your medicaid card

tough choices

lol my bad I'm feeling as dumb as a blue pilled fag right now.
>Liberals are literally going extinct
Praise kek. Do keep in mind that they realize this which is why they are descending into a frenzied state of spewing propaganda endlessly at our children in order to try to turn them.

Every adult promised us the world and we could do everything on our own. The world then proceeded to fuck us in the ass with no lube.

The millennial generation is the result of (((their))) social experiments on the young.

>hurr 19 year olds back in MY day weren't a bunch of lazy pot smoking bums

I didn't ask or agree to being born, and suicide is practically illegal thanks to the state.
They insist on me living? Fine, let them pay for me.
t. Millennial

Simply preparing to stay eternal teenagers voluntarily locked in the towers of our own castles getting evertything we want and even those things we didn't manage to dream of. The future is now and it's gonna save you all motherfuckers.

>Anti-Imperialist
>White Guilt
>Unrealistic sense of entitlement
Fuck (((Millennials)))

Yes it's the millennial's fault that everything is bad, even though the Boomers and Gen X controlled the world for decades and the Boomers especially were alive during a time where America controlled the world and jobs were everywhere and they had the luxury to act like hippies and get addicted to drugs and free love while young people today are broke, in debt, will not have access to pensions, and will likely get cuts to social security

Social media is one of the key problems. Millennials and Boomers both parallel one another in many ways, but Boomers weren't raised with the internet where the most average person could be exposed to hives of crazies.

With the internet being used as a tool to push agendas, it's much easier to brainwash the generations raised on technology. So now you have disillusioned adults complaining about simple tasks saying it's "adulting" getting a bunch of likes. Other young adults see this and try to conform to it.

don't think for a second you would not be the excluded one or that one creepy dude.

Your views now are far out of the norm if you lived in a society that had this your views would probably be more perverse/out of the ordinary.

The future currently looks a lot more strict with islam growing faster than any other religion so your dreams are likely to become punishable by death eventually.

I am in stem. I laugh at the "c's get degrees" mentality, cause they sure as hell don't make you competitive.
I am on my second PAID research internship, and basically get 60% of the scholarships I apply to (I am in my jr. year next year for reference). I know no guaranteed job, so I work my ass off. Turns out that getting good grades and internships is cheaper than being a degenerate.

>pic
So you're part of the group brought on the cancer that is flat design huh.

Dude, we're pretty much there. Talk to a girl for a couple days and you're practically in with some choice moves.

Shrinking economy with just no actual attempts at resolving it in the area of 16 years has taken a toll on post college opportunities.

There are a lot of jobs in stem. Unfortunately most stem grads didn't do well enough in school to do them.

Atheism, reduction of bullying, encouraging "uniqueness" and shunning society

>Joel Stein
they don't even try to hide anymore

How is any of that positive or helpful at all?

Nobody wants to be in trades apparently.

Where is this crap coming from? Everywhere I go, from large stores to small private businesses, I see nothing but young people working. They're always smiling and never complaining from what I see. This lazy narrative that I keep hearing about is complete bs. If older generations call us lazy because we work worse jobs for less pay, then maybe they should direct their criticism towards the businesses that have no interest in paying decent wages. They should direct their criticism towards the crap housing market that charges me $2500 a month to live in a box. I know successful people that still live at home because they aren't interested in flushing money down the toilet for that kind of apartment. They would rather save and buy a home if possible. Boomers should realize that back in the day, they didn't even need to finish high school and the very next day they could walk out, meet an employer and get hired right away making a fair wage. Today, I need to become 1000 times more qualified and need a good degree that takes years to get just so I can reach that same standard.

If you can't get a job in IT right now that just means you suck at it. Period.

you are a fucking idiot.

Atheism encourages mememe thinking.
Reduction of bullying lowers penalties for being retarded and makes them soft
Encouraging uniqueness makes them have to be even more retarded to be unique.

First generation raised 100% by the Jew.

Trades are 99% male. For the time being they are still dominated by whites, but entitled metropolitan blue pilled fags only join heavily unionized trades where they only want to work 4 days a week. Many white metrosexuals are as lazy and retarded as sand niggers who themselves look down on physical labour.

I have one, fag

Young people are working their asses off, and are more depressed and addicted to alcohol and other drugs as well.

This is just more boomer jack off horseshit. Notice it is always propagated in media catering to boomers.

>we've been at this point for decades

yup. A lot of the degeneracy is so ingrained that it seems natural.

>This is a christian nation
No, this is a nation free from religion
>REEEEEEE PRAYERS IN SCHOOL
You can pray, on your free time.
>REEEEE ALL ABOUT MEMEME

yeah no, christcucks are the most "MEMEME" on the planet.

>or Janitorial

lmao fuck you hire a janitorial staff if you want people to clean your shitty retail hole-in-the-wall

Because it is not helping anyone to continue working minimum wage jobs. Not them, not the economy, no one. And continuing to hold onto that 17 forever lifestyle was once only damaging to the individual. But now when you have hundreds of thousands to millions doing it then the whole nation suffers from the loss of a workforce.

kek no, you can thank the Germans for that.

whereas that does apply to a lot of Millenials, I've worked shifts outside at -20F (as a plumber and a driller), done hitches of up to 3 weeks, 12 hrs a day over the road as a welder, and yesterday I was doing siding on a shop in 35 mph winds. Millenials arent the problem, its the breed of worker that's becoming more predominant who doesnt actually do any real work. because they've never done real work, they perceive themselves as working hard by just punching a time card.
tl;dr
white collar is the problem, millenials are not

This is true to an extent. I am going to finish post secondary soon and houses in any metropolitan area are on average upwards of a million dollars. Despite this, before tax the average household only makes several million during their life time before tax. We're getting fucked over with: Stagnant wages, skyrocketing house prices (grew by 33% on average in ONE FUCKING YEAR), more hours. Many blue pilled fags gave up and now continue to support the system which props this up (Mass immigration, low interest rates resulting in the bottom of the house market dramatically rising - you pay an extra 20% and the house you get is twice as nice, high taxes, green policies which make it take decades to get approval for infrastructure projects and make infrastructure far more expensive than it should be

So is this why I have any friends? I remember I always couldn't relate to almost anybody around my age but could easily do it with older folk and kids. ffs

It does seem like society changed in a bad way in this regard. Now being a plumber, or a welder is considered to be low class and only for people who could barely graduate high school much less count to ten.

The term Blue Collar now has a very negative connotation to it. It is synonymous with toothless inbred redneck. Larry the Cable Guy used the term to describe himself for years. Now being someone who works with their hands in coveralls is considered to be a failure.

Even at less than 25 years old for the younger generation there is a full 5% gap in marriage rates between men and women.
We truly are doomed.

t. triggered atheist

>free from
Freedom of. Not from.

>multi-purpose clerk
>two year degree

>Millenials are stupid, all they do is use technology that i hardly am able to grasp to it's full potential instead of reading books that aren't a now archaic form of information processing and presenting and don't retain knowledge that they can access at any time without arduous mental retention
Also they enjoy interests and taking photos, fucking morons. Why aren't they having kids at 19 like we were and don't connect with the outside world with ever increasing crime rates due to our imported cheap labour and diminshing sized property attached land

If Bernie ever got his wish of free college for everyone, this would be the norm everywhere.

Imagine a world where an associates is necessary to be a Wal-Mart greeter, or parking lot cart collector.

In my job my number two is a Millennial. When I asked him if it's true what they say about milleannials he said

> what that we're lazy. Yeah it's true.

Yes he is lazy.

>Job listing for ditch digger
>Must have a doctorate degree in applied physics

>Women's Studies, Gender Studies, African American Studies degrees
>Perfect for a job that allows for interaction with all of these on a daily basis, waiting tables
>You get added tips on top of your $3.75 an hour rates. Hope all those hours studying helps with relations, you might get better tips.

Everyone else before us literally had shit handed to them. You didn't have to have degrees or experience to get started in a field. On the job training was literally provided in every field. Now they want you to magically already have experience and training. People are living and working longer so there is no chance to move up or get into some fields. Sure we can get grocery store jobs or restaurant jobs but explain to me how that pays for a house and kids? FFS im sick of this existence. I try to get into good job fields but literally you have to be related to the boss somehow or already have 5+ years in the field. Furthermore, the jobs we can get now are pitiful slavery to make some fucking Jew richer. Thought about offing myself but that would just hurt everyone around me. but tell me again how every young person wants a hand out. I would prefer a hand up but nobody wants to take a chance on the younger generation anymore, not when there's plenty of older spics and niggers to do jobs for next to nothing. Fuck.

This right here.

t. butthurt millennial

More pipe fitting for me, then.

Not an argument

Who is this semen demon?

Because they were raised to be shit, and because they have less opportunities than their parents

/thread

Seriously, just invest yourself into skilled trades. Most, if not all, trade programs provide an apprenticeship which is basically a paid internship for X years/Y hours which results in a certification and a starting salary that most people in the college-pipeline pretend they'll have out of the gate.

>Furthermore, the jobs we can get now are pitiful slavery to make some fucking Jew richer.

Many many many people did this their entire lives.

This complaint is a part of the problem

>shut it down.jpg

Grade inflation and credential inflation is a problem, "a bachelor's degree is the new high school diploma" and university "administration" overhead grows as the cost of tuition rises each year. A Bernie Sanders "K-16" program would only accelerate it.

I feel for you, have you considered becoming a mechanic or electrician?

ME ME ME