Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lEssh-ifWmo
youtube.com/watch?v=wwvImf92XiA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return#Friedrich_Nietzsche
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

to a cemetary

there is no "you" after you die

It depends on the situation.

To the same place you were before you were born.

Only one way to find out

Personally I think that time is relative; that the book of Revelation is happening concurrently with this "reality" and when we die we go to be judged by God, that we will be in heaven or hell depending on whether we have lived a Christian life; that paradise is essentially becoming an immortal and limitless and hell is simply the death of the soul, which is what atheists want and will get.

If you were a bad person in life you get reincarnated in Russia

What this picture is suposed to represent ?

Oblivion or just mystery ?

>where do you go when you die?

My theory is that if you're sentient now, then by making an analogy between deep sleep and death, then death will not be your final state of sentience.

God i'd love to speak a better english to elaborate my idea, I hope i'm clear enough.

Reddit.

under the car #Stuckholm :^))

youtube.com/watch?v=lEssh-ifWmo

If you go to Hell you're reborn in Africa.

The only true answer.

Heaven unless your a filthy kike

It's really boring but also timeless, so you get used to it.

usually in maggot's digestive system.

The Bardo

I'm not going to die.

that makes sense you can't be conscious if you're unconscious so it makes sense that you'd only experience episodes of consciousness when they arise because that what experience is...

and when you're dying the give a shit part of your brain eventually shuts down anyway so there's no reason to be afraid of that either

You wake up.

Neurons cause sentience
Neurons die
Sentience dies
You die
Nothing else to it

kek'd

I'm not sure i had understood well ( no biggie, i'm bad at english too ).

The idea is that when you're in deep sleep, everything you know about time and sentience disapears.

So if eternal death is the final state of your sentience, how could you be sentient right now ?

RIDDLE ME THIS FAGGOT, WHERE ARE "YOU" NOW.

All wrong.
You will go to Hell unless you believe in Jesus as your savior. Otherwise you will most likely be in Purgatory. Very few go straight to Heaven.

/thread

We still know shit about brain.

See

Back to earth or unification with the infinite depends on your karma

>What this picture is suposed to represent ?

Primordial void.

>Neurons cause sentience
neurons hold sentience, nothing says they cause it

South Korea

Savage

You do know the 'deep sleep' or REM sleep in characterized by very high brain activity levels we don't achieve while we are awake

Either Heaven, or Hell. All depends user, you kind of are the captain of your little boat, nobody else can decide where you go. Don't fuck it up, son.

Gotta be ready for the right track 24/7, it could happen at any time, your very last entry, MAYBE overwritten by earlier ones, will determine your destination, mate.

Just don't be a colossal faggot IRL, you should be OK then.

no i mean it's possible that we've been iterations of life before and that we'll continue to be iterations of life after because consciousness is the only thing we can experience

>falling for the religious jew

Not funny

But you're not sentient in deep sleep through.

To the beginning. There is a theory that all universe after a certain length of time starts to contract instead of expand. In short we are the big bang.

>tfw people still believe this shit

This is the only wrong answer I see in the thread. The others are viable. This one just sounds like made up fantasy bullshit

The true redpill is in the Enneads. We'll rejoin the world soul, the collective unconscious, the eternal dream, nirvana, the potential of being, the Godhead.

A part of this collective unconscious is put into a cage of flesh at birth and undergoes individuation. It develops an ego and becomes a person.

And at the end of life, this personality is stripped away again and your soul shard reunites with the stream of the collective unconscious.

And so goes the cycle on and on but there will be never a you again.

God tells Eve: You die.
Satan tells Eve: You will not surely die.

You go to the grave OP.
Revelation talks of a resurrection and a new BODY. You will receive a NEW BODY when you are welcomed into heaven. But according to Revelation there are only 2 resurrections.

You go to the grave first, asleep for as long God desires, and then you'll be resurrected to be declared righteous or unjust. You will be granted life or eternal destruction (or in other words: destroyed forever).

Dude honestly, Hell is reserved for BAD people, and if you've been along long enough, you would know that seriously BAD people do exist, they KNOW they're cunts, act like complete monstrous cunts, but keep at it. Hell, most of them probably celebrate that fact.

The thresholds aren't so lean, you have to be an absolutely motherfucking piece of shit human being to be cast out to Forever getting skullfucked to deserve it.

I don't think Hell is as populated as people think, but every motherfucking cunt deserves their place there.

mother's bagina?

To Heaven, hopefully.

Easy

This user knows

>religion exists to force morality on subhumans and those who need authority to order them
>most people are only "good" because they expect a reward

fpbp

If there are infinite universes and timelines, you can't even die.

There is always a timeline where, through some miracle, you continue to live.

Another theory about God is that it is the reunification of all energy and matter into a single entity. From your perspective, when you die, you will be instantly reanimated into the final state of the universe. You may have taken an eternal nap but it doesn't matter because all the energy and matter that made up your conscious no longer had a way to write memories in it's chaotic form.

You become nourishment for the world around you. You become part of the trees and animals. Your ideas, however small, and actions form the future from big decisions to small influences you had on passing people. You become part of everything, which is what you came from. It's sad and beautiful. Whatever you believe in, this is a truly amazing planet and I love it more than anything.

Ruskies btfo

Kek

Rather take your post-mortem advice from 3rd worlders, we experience death more frequently than 1st worlders, they watch TV and get enlightened by the internet, that's it.

Your life is much cheaper than you might think,so make a point to enjoy it, and don't be a cunt, you'll be forgiven for your shit, it's not all fire and brimstone, there ARE motherfuckers who DO go to hell, and they deserve it, just don't be a dick and you'll be OK.

It's because you have almost zero knowledge of history that you see this as fantasy. Enjoy continuing to bathe in darkness retards. Or just spit on literally everything that has happened to humanity up to this point, see how that works out.
One day this dream will end and you'll regret never studying history outside of academia, because basing your entire education from the system is to put it into the hands of satan.
Until then, keep pondering.

>If you don't believe in a dude that died 2000 years ago you will be in hell so you better believe in him
Wew lad

I work all day, and get half-drunk at night.
Waking at four to soundless dark, I stare.
In time the curtain-edges will grow light.
Till then I see what’s really always there:
Unresting death, a whole day nearer now,
Making all thought impossible but how
And where and when I shall myself die.
Arid interrogation: yet the dread
Of dying, and being dead,
Flashes afresh to hold and horrify.

The mind blanks at the glare. Not in remorse
—The good not done, the love not given, time
Torn off unused—nor wretchedly because
An only life can take so long to climb
Clear of its wrong beginnings, and may never;
But at the total emptiness for ever,
The sure extinction that we travel to
And shall be lost in always. Not to be here,
Not to be anywhere,
And soon; nothing more terrible, nothing more true.

This is a special way of being afraid
No trick dispels. Religion used to try,
That vast moth-eaten musical brocade
Created to pretend we never die,
And specious stuff that says No rational being
Can fear a thing it will not feel, not seeing
That this is what we fear—no sight, no sound,
No touch or taste or smell, nothing to think with,
Nothing to love or link with,
The anaesthetic from which none come round.

And so it stays just on the edge of vision,
A small unfocused blur, a standing chill
That slows each impulse down to indecision.
Most things may never happen: this one will,
And realisation of it rages out
In furnace-fear when we are caught without
People or drink. Courage is no good:
It means not scaring others. Being brave
Lets no one off the grave.
Death is no different whined at than withstood.

Slowly light strengthens, and the room takes shape.
It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know,
Have always known, know that we can’t escape,
Yet can’t accept. One side will have to go.
Meanwhile telephones crouch, getting ready to ring
In locked-up offices, and all the uncaring
Intricate rented world begins to rouse.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.

You become dead. Meaning you go nowhere, you fuck. You DIE.

You can certainly feel emotions but yeah probably not perceive in the conventional sense

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Nowhere. You just cease to exist. You won't even know you're dead because you'll be dead.

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

that's all i've got

>0000
HOLY FUCK

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They've been to Saturn. Hey, I've been to Saturn!

When a person die, the only thing they can bring to the next life is their memories. Hope for the best you don't become a lowly peasant in your next life.

Why is death never looked via science? I'm assuming governments do not allow this in order to keep control and ensure everyone goes yolo style. But really if you think about it, once you die there should be nothing left, all stops. Just like when you step on a bug, BAM life stopped, it is now gone.

Sorry to StopPill you guys, but knowing this keeps me awake at night sometimes.

*tips fedora

o-oh

Ensure Everyone does not go yolo style*

lel

If your memories in the previous life was too painful you can wipe them and start a new one. You'll reminiscent similar events that took place because of deja vu.

lets be honest, you paid nipmoot for those 0000

Ah, Plotinus. What a guy.

So true, this is what i was trying to get across in my below post - but You summed it up perfectly.

You awaken in your next life. Multiverse theory proves reincarnation mathematically.

Every possible combination of atoms, in repeating multiple universes, on an infinite timeline, means you reappear infinite times, including this very lifetime infinite times. Nothing un-scientific about it.

well maybe its all just a simulation and that offers some hope

>muh science
It boils really down to wether idealism or materialism is correct.

precisely this
youtube.com/watch?v=wwvImf92XiA

>And so goes the cycle on and on but there will be never a you again.
I hope you enjoy your Eternal Return

Quick rundown on the simulation meme?

See

The problem with that kind of threads is that everyone is in their echo chambers, not exchanging ideas.

If you think Nietzsche meant that literally you are pretty retarded.

And if we were to take it literally what would be so bad about that? My life has been good.

Not quite. Imagine a lava lamp along an infinite timeline. Each bubble is your individual. Over time, the molecules of wax will reappear precisely in another bubble, an infinite number of times, despite always returning to the source.

You are dead, user. This is hell

But seriously, think about it, why has it never been publically looked at? I effects everyone on earth

Congratulations Übermensch, but some of us think this is hell.

Indefinite. Life. Extension. :')

That's Eliade, you dolt.

how exactly would science study and research death you mong?
you can't study nothingness

Well, because any attempts have been ridiculed as pseudoscientific. Science operates on a materialist basis. It can literally not account for the mind and its qualia. All it can do is provide a mechanistic blueprint of its functioning and how one could manipulate it.

But if you are so interested, there are people like Ian Stevenson who sought to study reincarnation and other phenomena scientifically.

Not sure Mohammed, this is why reasearch needs to be done

*coughs heavily*

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return#Friedrich_Nietzsche

Eliade's eternal return describes something altogether different which does not deal with the immortality of the soul.

Thanks, i will look this up

I don't like the simulation theory because, whats the point of the simulation? It's obviously not for entertainment, and if its to collect data, they could do it without making conscious beings that feel pain unless - the entire point of the simulation is to measure conscious beings' reaction to pain.

once again roo, you can't study nothingness

we can't do research to learn how to study death, because there is nothing to research or study

It's based on self determination. If you believe in God and heaven, your brain will create it for you. If you're a God hating commie shitbag, your brain will sent you straight to hell, very simple.

Maybe you should look at life not as a sum of missed opportunities or potentialities.

Maybe you should just accept the place in society that fate has given you.