Is breakfast really "the most important meal of the day"?

Since the end of the 19th century lobbyists and owners of the dairy industry have shilled for breakfast, and nowadays it's seen as common knowledge that breakfast is supposedly obligatory for a good day.
Are there any of you who can confirm that breakfast is without a doubt necessary, without pointing to studies that only show association, not causation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dR1FCJS8DoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I drink mate for breakfast unless I'm going out on a hike or to the gym. If I'm just going to the office I don't need all those calories of a full breakfast.

its called break fast for a reason.
breaking the fast.
as in not eating after lunch until the next morning.

>Croissant
My neighborhood bakery started selling those a while ago but stopped soon because it was not popular. I hope they didn't but i guess business is business.

yeah it is sorta common sense

you need energy to start out the day, it also gives you time to burn the calories

i'm a carpenter and yes a good breakfast makes for a great day, but i need energy when i work

when i'm traveling or on days off i say fuck breakfast and just eat a huge lunch

if you need breakfast it means you're a weak fat cuck to be quite honest with you guys

Definitely not the most important when you have work to do and food to save on. Eat when you're hungry and stop eating when you're not hungry. Some hunger is a good thing. It activates your dna.

I don't often eat breakfast, just a cup of coffee and then lunch at 13:00 when I start to feel hungry.

At the most I will eat a slice of bread or some yogurt in the morning.

You drink actual yerba or that Mati/Guayaki shit?

Studies say that breakfast is both good and also unnecessary so whatever

It starts up your metabolism and essentially your whole day so I'd recommend it.

Or is it that you live in detroit and you just cant afford it? Get off your fat ass. Take some tips from /fit/

Yes. Big breakfast and very small dinner is the ideal way to distribute your food/energy intake to give yourself the most energy during the day, not gain weight, and not disrupt your quality of sleep.

These same idiots say ceral is nutritious. So no. Good meals throughout the day are important tho

My breakfast is a double espresso, no sugar.

Never notice any lack of concentration or strength before lunch.
Food takes up to 2 days to fully digest.

no, fast until noon. intermittent fasting is red pill. let your god damn organs have a break to regenerate themselves.

i never eat breakfast

>youtube.com/watch?v=dR1FCJS8DoM
Stop eating breakfast.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for many reasons. It stimulates your metabolism to get calories burning and get your energy for the day. Don't eat 3 hours before sleep, huge breakfast upon waking, then taper off having smaller meals every two to three hours after making sure you hit proper macronutrients.

Research high fat intermittent fasting.
It's the red pill diet

im never hungry in the morning though.

>coffee and smoke for breakfast
>small sandwhich and coffee for lunch
>moderate dinner

if you're not a construction worker or something i cant imagine needing more calories unless youre fat or something?

/fit/ here

No

isnt that what sleeping is?

No. I do intermittent fasting

My parents always flip out over my eating pattern and diet: IF, eating a lot of eggs, fatty foods and meat, not eating bread and potatoes.

They're brainwashed the sugar and carb industry from the eighties

Sounds like the neet diet

>politics
slide thread

Over rated jewish marketing gag. On lazy days eating in the evening is enough. On active days, two meals should be considered. A small meal after 5 hours of activity and another bigger meal in the evening. Unless hard physical work, than a constant supply of food should is better, like like after every 2 hours of labour.

I have cafe Cubano, even if I'm going to the gym. Best preworkout desu senpai

t. alberto ruiz pablo martinez al-californiano

Yes

You basically starve yourself for 8 hours when you sleep and your body is hungry for calories. Literally every fat/obese person i know told me they never eat breakfast

i work in pharma. the majority of my physical exertion is just riding my bike to/from work (40mins). other than that i just use my brain all day and despite memes its pretty energy efficient

>lobbyists and owners of the dairy industry have shilled for breakfast
This might actually be the single dumbest thing I've read on Sup Forums, and that's saying a lot.

I don't eat until atleast after 5pm on most days. Fuck the breakfast kike.

Well personally I am a fitness instructor who works out with clients all day. I use more calories than the average person. But having an active metabolism equates to more energy and calories being burned. Activating your metabolism early means you'll be burning more calories sooner. Granted I am trying to put this in layman's terms and really it is much more complicated than that.

I don't eat breakfast (my breakfast is coffee and cigarette) and most of the times lunch aswell. Usually a normal dinner followed by a couple small things to eat before bed is enough

I'm healthy, fit and don't even have any low energy moment at work during the day
eating less often is the true redpill

back when people toiled like peasants, they required breakfast. This is a less relevant case today, (intermittent) fasting such as skipping breakfast has a lot going for it.

>ITT: People who don't realize how insulin levels work

>you gotta kickstart your day xDDDD
>You must be starving if you don't eat every hour :DDDDD
>Your metabolism only works when 90% of your body is distracted by digesting food

le cookie amphibian approves

(((Breakfast)))
Just like everything else...

im going to go out on a limb here, and suggest i know more about biology and chemistry than you. thanks for the layman explanation though

haha this
If there isn't at least a few hours in a row where you're not digesting something, you're not energized at all, you're tired, sweaty and wasting the benefits of what you ate

elaborate

>Is breakfast really "the most important meal of the day"?
No, its a meme started by cereal companies and other shills so that they could get the consumer to buy special breakfast food (cereal, toast, etc) and create a market that was never there to begin with.

You can eat when ever you want, eating a few hours before you sleep sleep will make you store more of it as fat but its not like that is necessarily a bad thing. Having some fat can be good, maybe not so much in our society but in the past and in the future.

It helps set your metabolism for the day. Now obviously everyone is different, but generally speaking eating soonish in the morning helps your body function sooner. For some people this translates to weight loss and more energy.

However, the first thing you learn in any anatomy and physiology class is that every person is different. So.

*shrug*

Potato fuck get off the board