Should we bring back extinct animals?

Should we bring back extinct animals?

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/51424-woolly-mammoth-genome-sequenced.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene_Park
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657396/Hitler-wanted-bring-prehistoric-wild-Auroch-cows-dead.html
youtu.be/mZbmywzGAVs
youtube.com/watch?v=cVIS31ghLNQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

No.

why?

why not?

No.

White man, maybe?

sure, seems fun

Yes

yes

How?

A Mammoth is just an Elephant with Bear fur glued to it, and plaster tusks. They never existed.

depends: are they tasty?

livescience.com/51424-woolly-mammoth-genome-sequenced.html

only to weaponize them.

Oh.
Well, I'm ok with it.

they're north america native and part of the almost completely extinct megafauna
they do existed and they could even be released on nature nowadays since their big furry body helped the pollination

Only if it's one that will kill off the human race.

only if i can ride it into battle to fuck up some shitskins
or train it to just fuck up shitskins

I want an army of T-rex with Tomahawk missile on their back to defend my manor.

Wooly mammoth cavalry regiment of my slaves could be cool too.

Only the sith deals in absolutes. I say maybe.

yes, so we can kill them again

If they went extinct via natural processes, no, but if they went extinct via overhunting by humans, then I say yes.
Animals like the Moa or the Dodo deserve a second try.

we should bring back Neaderthals

Even if we could. Dinosaurs would not be possible. We do not have the oxygen level needed to keep them alive.

But we'll be et

Only if we can bring back saber tooth tigers and drop millions of them off in Africa.

No, they already had their chance.

Over hunting by humans is a natural process, you silly fucker. Humans are a natural process, therefore human activities are natural.

Furthermore, if we succeed in reintroducing extinct species, this too, is a natural process. If not, please tell me what is super-natural about it.

Saber tooths belong in North America though.

what about chickens idiot

You mean French post-1900?

Some people still don't realize birds are literally dinosaurs.

*squak*

Sure, bring back neanderthals and let every human have a neanderthal sex slave. Next generation, we are all white, kill off the neanderthals again, interbreed with each other with everyone having 50+% neanderthal DNA and everyone is happy.

What is your favorite extant dino? Mine is pic related.

Yes. We need to have the technology ready, so that we can some day bring whites back.

Nah son, that's not the way it works

they taste yummy af let's get some raptor breeding stations I want a McRaptor
you know it's funny

we called them raptors before we even knew birds were related, it was just country slang. but nobody actually thought birds and dinosaurs were the same family lmao

A compelling argument. Either humans are a result of evolution, and thus what we do is natural, or if what we do is unnatural, we must be somehow created outside of evolution. And if we're separately created, we must be so incredibly special that we have the right to do whatever the fuck we want.

>implying Anglos were any better.

>Should we bring back extinct animals?
Yes, you go ahead & do that, post again when it's done with pics.

Yes, it is EXACTLY how that works. The idea that humans are somehow separate from nature is retarded and in no way justified by reason or evidence.

>Show me the part of the human that is super-natural.

this guy knows what he's talking about the grayskin zborxzzxxxxzyklon vbenvccvizmorth III are the ones who have humans the ability to be not an animal, now everything we do it unatural

so let's all just die lawl

I think the term raptor came from the bird-like pelvis. I could be wrong but that's what I remember hearing. I think it's really cool to think about the history of birds, especially when you catch them acting like monsters.

Some group of scientists is trying to bring the Aurochs (ancestor of modern cattle, went extinct in the 1600s) back by crossbreeding close relatives and a bit of genetic engineering. It seems like a neat project.

it's funny as shit to me that they used to even think that flightless birds had lost the ability to fly when it was the opposite hue

horny lil guy

what's the point in bringing him back

>"We support the come-back of large herbivores as they are key species for the specific role of grazing and browsing," says Frans Schepers, managing director of Rewilding Europe.
>"Bovines can shape habitats and facilitate other species because of their behavior, and the more primitive and close to the wild the better because it means that eventually they can become part of the natural system."
Many European landscapes are in dire need of grazing animals, which can otherwise become uninhabitable for other species.
>"Without grazing everything becomes forest, or barren land when there is agriculture," says Schepers. "The gradients in between are so important for biodiversity, from open soil to grassland and 'mosaic landscapes.'"

Basically there used to be massive herds of these things in the wild piror to the middle ages, then humans pretty much hunted them to extinction. The last one died in Poland in the 1600s and it's one of the first recorded cases of extinction.

The Dodo?

They were the old time equivalent of meals on wheels. They were so used to not having predators that they would walk up to portuguese seamen just to see whats up.

I mean I am pretty stupid but not even I would get within ten meters of a portuguese person.

I think they deserved what they got.

>oh my gawd they're bringing back animals that are extinct, this is not natural
>oh my bog they're making animals extinct, this is not natural
Make up your fucking minds.

These things were like 8 feet tall by the way

ahaha good one lad come to America ek kan jou red
they should just bring back tinier more fertile grazing animals, maybe bioengineer the rabbit or squirrel

do we really need the bign's?

Only as part of a program to build hybrid animals to order. eg. combining foxes with humans to produce sexually-compliant human sized furries

Yes, bring back Neanderthals desu

The bigger ones are better for the purpose they're trying to use em fore cause they roam more, eat more, and are harder for predators to kill. Plus Europe doesn't have any large wild grazing animal after the extinction of the Aurochs so I suppose that's a niche that could be filled again.

hm I suppose but from my exp viewing the changes in the biosphere it really seems like the future for most animals near any sort of human settlement need to be tiny, and that seems to be the case in what we're seeing these days.

tiny predators, tiny monkeys that live in the city (macaca monkey not Bantu) and tiny grazers.

humans are less likely to kill lil tiny things so we're poised to be the giants of the future

Ha. Seattle tree man.

>I think they deserved what they got.
And you'll deserve what you get.

Shame still sad about being called a lazy cunt?
Don't worry, I am sure you prefer the NEET life anyhow.

The truth hurts

Just because we can doesn't mean that we should.

Yes, and start a Zoo full of them.

This. An extinct animal zoo would be awesome as fuck.

Bring back extinct animals to release in to the wild would be incredibly irresponsible, though, unless they are recently extinct and fill an important ecological niche.

Good question.

>a Zoo
I was thinking more of holding them in a giant park.

save t-rex

Why?
In a controlled manner/environment there's nothing bad to come out of it, quite the opposite in fact.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene_Park
They kinda trying to do so. First step is recreate tundra into northern subarctic steppe grassland.

Yes and we should put some go pro cams on them and send them to africa to fuck shit up

It's what Hitler wanted.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657396/Hitler-wanted-bring-prehistoric-wild-Auroch-cows-dead.html

Don't you see the danger, inherent in what you're doing here? Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet's ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun.

go take care of your black daughter, malcolm

there are four fucking jurassic park movies that prove this is a bad idea

Yes. This is the only way to take down Disney World. It has reigned over the theme park sector for TOO DAMMN LONG.

Spoken like a true 80 IQ philosopher.

wtf I live aurochs now

a mammoth is not a t-rex

Well? Good question! I'd be willing to deal with wooly mammoths and brontosauruses if we could replace niggers with them. Why not? The extinct animals would probably do less damage and be less costly and bitchy anyway.

>Europe finally bans trucks
>ISIS resurrects mammoths to take their place

>megafauna never existed goy, just ignore these giant bones in the ice

Yeah, why not?

you dont want neanderthals to come back

youtu.be/mZbmywzGAVs

No we'll just justify bringing back neanderthals and other sub humans and give them rights and shit

Imagine war mammoths. Even better, war sloths. It's a shame the native americans killed almost all the good megafauna. They're could have been some cool war-related animal husbandry

Seems like a cool idea.

theres no proof neandrethals looks like this lol

good theory, but we'll sequence the genome soon enough so keep ur theories to urself sicko

well the thing is, we dont know if they looked as similar to us as we think they did, or as different as the video says

not to mention, it is already known that horses and zebras can crossbreed as well as tigers and lions, animals wildly different from eachother that in nature live continents apart

We can try, but for every extinction there is a co-extinction and therefore simply bringing them back may not make them sustainable in the wild.

i want to see this zoo break

youtube.com/watch?v=cVIS31ghLNQ

yeah but not -that different-

you have a point, and personally it is somewhat believeable however i would point out that the reason the people with the most neadrethal dna seem to always be pretty hairy, is just a remnant of that. I don't think they were hairy like monkeys though, the image is inaccurate.

It would've looked more like what super fucking hairy fucks look like today, but like... say maybe x2 or 3? Remember neadrethals hunted for clothes, the evolutionary advantage of them being super hairy was not needed because of their ability to make clothes, so they didnt have to become SUPER hairy.

Look at the depictions of germans when they first met with Rome, they called them hairy beasts!

I do agree with you though, but at this point in time I haven't been able to find anything that support the theory that denisovans nor neadrethals were different species, and not just sub-species.

We love treating our own species like its unnatural, free from evolutionary process, and not natural, but I think more likely than not you the real actual complete split was homoheidelburgus, everything since then in terms of Homo Sapien, Neadrethal, Densiovan, and whatever few I'm missing that were proven to be able to cross-breed, were.

Evolution happens very fast, very very fast, especially when a genetic bottleneck occurs. For every 99 retard baby you spawn with 6 eyes, a 40 iq, and 4 legs, you might spawn one thats normal except they have some sort of evolutionary advantage. This is probably how whiter(We're descended from Khoi-san a tan looking people, not Bantu the black people from west africa)skin became so prevalent.

And there WAS a genetic bottleneck and something that would cause it, and a horrible Ice Age that would FORCE people to survive or perish.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

Just theories though

Is this scientific shitposting? He sounds Australian.

nah thats a legit theory, but i think the artists depiction is a bit goofy

they could've just used an albanian as example

>A legitimate theory
I mean there are some point to be made about giving Neanderthal's tattoos and making them clean-shaven.

However we know enough about their genetics to know they were basically a sub-species of homo-sapiens.

i think we still havent answered the question if they had fertile off-spring

however in that case then yeah they are a sub-species, but then we'd have to admit that there's def a lot more sub-species that still exist today :^)

well not a ton more like 4 or 5, i wonder if we'll ever stop thinking we're so special and we all bleed red and actually fucking do things properly

if theres still neanderthal dna in the human genome today, those kids werent infertile

Species is determined by the eight barriers of a species, which can be inconsistent.

This means that things can be labeled different species for reasons outside of having infertile young.

While Hybrid Infertility (Sterile hybrids) Hybrid instability (Weak, unhealthy hybrids) and Hybrid Breakdown (Kids of fertile hybrids are completely fucked, more common in plants) are really big definers of separate species, a species can have completely fertile children but things like behavior, geographical, mechanical and other factors can prevent them from having young under normal circumstances.