Are jobs worth the environment being destroyed?

Are jobs worth the environment being destroyed?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2017-04-10/abbot-point-coal-terminal-released-into-wetlands/8430934
archive.is/12nNN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.”

Depends on the level of destruction, im all for a HEP if a couple of fish die but if its lioe burning down chunks of the amazon so a few cows can graze. Nah

What am i missing it looks the same

>What the hell have they done?!

You just said it was blackened with coal, probably put coal in it. If that's even what happened - that sort of just looks like the wetlands were cleared. Brackish/clear water looks a lot different from salt water, it usually looks darker just like in that picture.

As long as it only hurts non-whites

Its local. And from the picture to judge, quite small as well.

>wetlands now black with coal
Coal doesn't do any harm to ecosystems at all. IT sinks down to the bottom and it actually works as a natural water filter.
Environmentalists are fucking retarded and think something is bad just because it looks ugly.

Where did he get those pics?

Yes, if it results in a better economy.

Made up liberal land

Let me drop some nuance Sup Forumsacks some feminism is good and its so fucking important to differentiate between feminist in real life and internet feminism. Same goes for MRA betas online

Just looks like the wetlands were flooded or something.
Probably a seasonal thing...

Living in a coal state, it's all people want to see. In exchange for cheaper electricity, we get mountaintop removal, ash ponds and smog.

It is terrible.

The truth is Earth has surpassed her carrying capacity for humans. If we continue at CURRENT rates, we will convert the entire set of baryonic matter in the universe into human flesh in one or two hundred years.

Cull the niggers.

The water level changed, that is all. Second photo is likely following a flood, or during a wetter period of the year.

wrong thread, tony

>environment being destroyed
WRONG

>temperature rises
>polar ice melts
>oceans warm
>evaporation rises
>higher CO2

Result:
>more land available for vegetation
>higher humidity, promoting rain and vegetation worldwide
>cold oceans become more productive, hosting species from warmer waters
>more CO2 for plants

Why do you think there's a shit-load of oil in the arctic? It's because it used to be covered in rainforests, before the ice age we're currently still in.

Tony?

also it's most likely just flooded from rain or the end of winter lol

these people literally think that if you have a coal mine there will be random coal littered all over the surrounding area kek

What are tides

And yeah i just realised that, sorry anons

This, I dont see a problem with the earth getting warmer.

abc.net.au/news/2017-04-10/abbot-point-coal-terminal-released-into-wetlands/8430934
I presume ABC in Australia is just as cucked as the ABC in America. With that grain of salt in mind:

>Adani was granted a temporary emissions licence (TEL) to help it manage water on the site during Tropical Cyclone Debbie.
>A department spokesperson said sites such as Abbot Point Coal Terminal, run by Adani, were allowed to release water of suitable quality under certain conditions of their environmental authority.
>During major weather events sites can apply for a TEL to allow temporary changes to the conditions of an environmental authority.
>The department's initial monitoring indicated Adani's releases to the wetland were in accordance with the TEL conditions.
>The Adani spokesman said the company had applied for the appropriate licence and it was granted.
>"The department has been conducting ongoing water tests which show that to date there has been no breach of the licence conditions," he said.

>tldr: regulatory capture happened again. government are industry are too close so regulations were ignored, for profit.

Charcoal filters are good for your drinking water.
If anything the wetlands are a lot safer for the animals now.

people can't comprehend that the Earth is in a Ice Age right now, and the natural state of the Earth is ice free all year long.

Not to mention the fact that coal is literally a byproduct of wetlands. Admittedly anthracite is a highly metamorphosed version of the peat that wetlands form.

archive.is/12nNN

>Scientists just back from a 5,000 mile aircraft survey of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef pronounced a dire verdict Sunday: Warm waters have severely bleached large swaths of its corals for the second year in a row in a deadly one-two punch.

From a rapidly changing climate caused by one species taking up way more than Earth's carrying capacity can admit, we will get:
A lot of bad.
Some good.

American's retarted level: over 9000.

>i deserve cheaper hamburgers, even if that means my grandchildren starve

I agree on principle, but at least I realize I am being unethical while doing so.

The Adani mine will provide stable well paid employment in regional areas that don't have a whole lot of it. It will put food on the table for a lot of families.

You worthless city cucks would make all of Australia work in a bank, the government or a refugee organisation in the middle of Sydney if you had your way.

Says tiny country who couldn't change environment if he tried

Why do the wastes of space deserve the future over my own kin?

There is actually no information there that suggests a breach of regulations.

It suggests that Adani has applied for a temporary emergency discharge license due to cyclone induced flooding.

Most likely they have had to discharge rain water that has interacted with coal handling plant within their terminal. The terminal could only have contributed a volume of water to the wetland in proportion to its area. So the majority of the level change you see in the wetland is likely due to the rains directly entering the wetlands.

>tldr: There is nothing in what you presented, nor in that article to suggest that Adani has done something legally wrong, or environmentally harmful

>liberals whine when some swamp plants bet BLACKED, but don't care when the same thing happens to their women
If you support burning coal in the bedroom, you have no grounds to complain about it being burned in the power plant.

>triggered enviromentalist pussies
You still think that the wold can be saved?

>It will put food on the table for a lot of families.
That is exactly the problem. Too many humans are extracting too many resources. Their byproducts are distorting systems far out of their natural equilibrium.

We ask the question of carrying capacity for every single species on this planet except humans. That has to change.

Australia lives within our means. We're only 25 million people on a vast continent the size of the contiguous US states.

City cucks, third worlders, maybe even Americans must go back into the stone age, but Australia has a future of greatness to look forward to.

>Coal doesn't do any harm to ecosystems at all. IT sinks down to the bottom and it actually works as a natural water filter.

Are you retarded?

holy shit what a stupid question. OFC
Fuck the earth, fuck it in its stupid face.
Fuck ebola, smallpox, the plague, ticks, brain parasites, scorpions, fuck it all.

>being this stupid

IF coal is responsible for the color change: Coal is a "rock". It used to even sit on the surface in places until we went around and picked it all up.

Stop being stupid.

BUT THE SATELLITE PHOTOS

How do the satellite photo's indicate a breach of regulations?

I'm suggesting the majority of the water that you can see in the wetlands is due to rainfall, and that perhaps some of it has been discharged from the coal handling facility.

You have not presented any evidence of a breach.

Coal is used in some water filters to clean out the water. So no he is not.

Move the reefs somewhere else. Artificial reefs are easy to construct.

Also, 99% of fish stocks subsist on the ecosystems surrounding sea grasses, not reefs. Reefs are bio-diverse, and important, but not a staple of our diets.

Youre kinda fucking braindead huh? You realize this is THE ONLY PLANET WE HAVE the others are not livable you shitstain

Oh no! There isn't algae in it any more! The horror! It's just regular fucking water.

>Abbot Point
There was literally a cyclone in Queensland just over a week ago. Are people fucking retarded?

it's 1200 miles long. do you want to pay for its relocation?

>If we continue at CURRENT rates, we will convert the entire set of baryonic matter in the universe into human flesh in one or two hundred years.

This is why you shouldn't do math while on meth.

How are they going to starve when hamburgers are so cheap? Huh?!
Checkmate

It's the only planet we have - for now.

I'd rather they destroy environmentalists

We'll enslave Africa and tell them they'll get food after they finish with the coral. When they eventually die of starvation we'll use their bodies to fertilize the ecosystem and colonize Africa like we should've done centuries ago. Trust me, this plan is fool proof.

You have no fucking idea what exponential growth can do. Educate yourself faggot.

this works for me.

>You have no fucking idea what exponential growth can do. Educate yourself faggot.

I am pretty sure humans are literally incapable at reproducing at such a rate as to use up all matter in universe in 2 centuries regardless of distances or optimal circumstances just given our current population size. There is a limit how many births a female can manage over a certain time span.
Humans aren't like single celled bacteria.

/thread

Is your job worth the enviroment?

We just need to leave a little bit.