Why aren't millennials buying houses?

Why aren't millennials buying houses?

Houses are expensive and I neither want to be in debt or save up tens of thousands of dollars. I rent a house my grandma owns and live by myself in Niggerville, Suburbia, where the rent is cheap, but I'd really rather live in the country.

But houses and property are way cheaper in the country than in the city or suburbs. If you want to live there what's stopping you from doing it?

I'm glad they aren't. I'm 21 and about to purchase a 20 unit apartment complex. I have it under contract and I've been approved through the bank.

We're forever a renter nation

because they'd rather spend 100k on getting a degree on feminist basket weaving theory

the cost of living has gone up faster than the minimum wage. the minimum requirements for "entry level jobs" are climbing higher every year. the number of kids pushed right from highschool into college debt, instead of going for trade training, is ever on the rise.
TLDR: less money mo problems.

>Buying a house

Unless you're gonna start a family there's no point in buying a house
I'd rather buy a nice condo since there's not much upkeep to it

They got retard degrees with big loans and can't afford it. They have no skills whatsoever, so maintenance is terrifying to them. They can't cook and need to be within walking distance of a restaurant or else they will starve to death because they don't have cars either. They need to be within walking distance of bars because how else could you possibly meet one night stands? Even the idea of living in something other than a college dorm is disgusting. The only remaining choice is a city apartment.

Mississippi fag here. The 42.7% is mainly, you guessed it, niggers in the projects/the Delta. If you're not a Cletus or Jamal, then you're doing good.

The only people who move out are rural and suburban retards.

Ultra high IQ city people dwell in their mothers' basements well into their 40s and 50s

THE SPAMMER MAKES THIS FUCKING THREAD EVERY HOUR

STOP REPLYING TO SPAM THREADS

SPAMMERS
FUCK
OFF

DO SOMETHING MODS

Well done user. I'm working on my second house purchase now and its a fixer upper on my dream land. Going to restore that while renting my original property. Having other people pay your mortgage is just the most satisfying thing.

lmao at city and apartment retards who live with mommy

Because the average cost of a house where I live is over a million dollars, and there's no jobs in the country

t. Renting till I'm 50

Boomers shipped all the good jobs overseas

Baby boomers invested in their homes thinking it would add the same dollar value to their home.

Fuck these graphs, 18/19/20 year olds are gen z.

This

>Hasn't moved out of Toronto yet

There are no jobs there unless your family has been there for generations or owns a farm/ranch. It takes connections to get on a logging crew.

*Vancouver

None of the jobs I have training for exist outside of cities

Seriously though, what Id give for a decent wage 9-5 factory position. Even skilled positions pay for shit. I spent a year as tech support but had to get a fast food job because it payed more. Boomers fucked the economy hard for short term gain.

They're all in their teens and 20s

I dropped out of uni and joined the military
I can retire at 42 and make a good salary in a technical field

Just a suggestion

>supporting the residential jew
that's right goy, take out more loans, get a mortgage, or if you can't participate in the increasing rents. Otherwise no girl will want you man child

Why bother when you can stay at home & get everything for free?

I let out 2 flats that I bought with an inheritance, but have no need to live on my own.

Market distortions that have been going on for decades that haven't been corrected yet.

The housing bubble burst that resulted in "Great Recession of 2008" was part of the correction that was needed but TARP fucked it up.

The heatlhcare (Once boomer's retirement funds dry up) and student loan bubbles (Gen X and Millieunals that never pay it off with worthless degrees) are going to be ones that will cause that needed correction.

I've considered joining the CF before.
What position in what branch of the forces ?

I don't like being tied down to one place

Owning a house locks me into one location longer than I would like and I haven't found an area I'm willing to do that in.

I'm 30, just bought my first house this year

>over priced houses
>over priced condos and condo fees
>stagnant wages (if you can find a job)
>taxes out the ass
>gov. importing tons of shitskins to raise the cost of houses
>people being greedy when selling houses

BUT WHY ARENT THEY BUYING HOUSES?

You need an income of at least $74k to be able to live like a white person in MD, can.

Construction technician, pretty much build shit all day. Its in the air force and army but most of the time the army

I would suggest picking a field that applies to more than one branch

Houses are way too overpriced. In some ways renting is too. A one bedroom apartment is just as expensive as a mortgage + HOA fees on a small condo or house.

Because millennials don't have the foresight to not spend 4 years getting a worthless degree - how should we expect them to make sound financial decisions?

>Why aren't millennials buying houses?
Because with a womens studies or liberal arts degree you cant really afford one.

>>Buying a house
>Unless you're gonna start a family there's no point in buying a house
>I'd rather buy a nice condo since there's not much upkeep to it

>Not much upkeep,any thing from.plumbing to noise bother neighbors
>Have to pay association fee

Apartments are a Jewish scam.

>21
>Getting a loan for a 20 unit complex
>21
I don't think you understand real estate and mortgage/finance law lmao

You're not looking hard enough

Do they train you from scratch and give you a red seal

There's an airforce construction flight in Agassiz BC

I live in Michigan,and make 11 dollars an hours,can I afford a house

You have to make $133k on average per year to afford a mediocre place in LA County.

I'm Filipino and asian parents just love having their kids live with them. They want to give me this house.

It's great but my girlfriend and I want to own our own place.

in detroit

Average price for houses in Toronto is 916000$. It was 688000$ last year. A detached house in my town is now worth 200000$ more than it did last year.

>get into debt for STEM degree
>sorry you need at least 5 years experience for this entry level role to get hired for it unless you are female or black
>flip burgers until something comes up
>check bank to see credit availability
>sure user we are happy to lend you up to 60K to buy a house :^)
>why aren't millennials buying houses

wtf I hate my house now

>tfw I live in one of the 20% states and own a home...working on buying a second.

>it's simple guys, just rent out your inherited property like I do XD
why is there always one of these in these threads

North Dakota Stronk
Why is my state so much better than yours?

because college.

Why the fuck do you come to pol?

>living with relatives/roomates

> bad thing

Pick one

It is very efficient and fiscally responsible, especially as you are growing or learning marketable assets or skills

There's still white people in Mississippi?

A decrepit decades old double wide on a tiny gravel plot 30 minutes outside of town goes for $300k. I checked it out, and just the BASIC repairs needed to make it habitable would probably be half the cost of the house. And that's just what I could see.

Housing is just overpriced. I looked into land to buy to build on, and honestly it's not much better with how much it would be to get utilities or set up off the grid alternatives. Best case scenario I was looking at 250 for a 6000 Sq ft lot with a yurt with nothing but basic utilities, a sink, and a bathroom.

Millenial (25/M) here.

> Income: 52k/year + health/dental/401k
> Median family income for city: 50k
> Currently paying $830/mo on rent for really pretty nice 2bd/1ba 1100 square foot 3rd floor apartment with built-in washer/dryer/dishwasher, walk in closet, water/garbage/sewer included, pet friendly, mountain view, garden plot, etc

I'm just waiting to pay off my car loan before I go for a house. My credit score by then should be about 800 (it was 780 before getting the car loan).

One thing, though, is that I feel fucking stupid for paying $150,000+ for a house, when it has GOT to be cheaper than that to build one. There has *got* to be a better/cheaper way. I've been looking into building one myself, or going the route my grandpa went and buy a small house then just build onto it.

>staying with your parents past 20

why don't you people just ask your parents to buy you a house instead of whining

You're paying for the land too.

I'm closing on a small house in a couple weeks, on just under half an acre. It's super cheap, but I'll outgrow it in a few years, and will add onto it then.

yeah building is way cheaper

But of course you need things like:
-Land
-Cuck federal and depending on where and which state you live in, state and county permits
-The skill to build a house and all the minutia of safety and area around it.
-supplies
-workers (family/friends?)
-Time and patience

Building is the way to go If you can do it, but so Is finding a good deal on a house and land. Whichever comes first I guess

What state? I live in rural Nevada and a double wide on 2.5 acres of land only 150k

>Why aren't millennials buying houses?

Because despite making 60k a year here soon banks will not allow me to take a loan out for a home because of student debt.

Even if my student debt payments (after being smart about them) were 50 bucks a month the banks still wouldn't let me get a loan for a home.

My cousin and his girlfriend, who combined make less than I do, were able to get a home though because they are a "couple".

If you weren't smart enough to go to school on a scholarship you shouldn't have gone.

That or you blew thousands upon thousands on going to live on campus to get the "college experience". That's no different than taking out a loan to go live in another country for a couple years.

I've been living in hotels for the past few months. I can afford a really nice house, but I'm stuck in limbo until my medical procedures and recovery are complete. I am thinking of maybe buying a big house in Fort Worth. Selena Gomez's mansion there only costs $3 million, I considered it for the meme of it, but it looks terrible on the inside and I'm too lazy to remodel. I used to be poor and had to move every year to an ever-shittier apartment, it's all I ever knew. I just want to move one last time and be fucking done with it forever. I would like my own place with a fair amount of land where it's warm year-round so my organic garden won't die in the winter. This is partly why I was thinking Fort Worth. I would also like enough distance from the neighbors so they won't complain or hear if I play drums. I also need to be able to autistically scream at the top of my lungs if I get angry, without worrying about anyone eavesdropping or calling the cops. You probably need to do this too but you've gotten so good at suppressing it over the years you forgot the appetite even existed, or your T levels are just low. Again, I also need to be able to give myself occasionally loud/screaming pep talks in front of the mirror without neighbors eavesdropping, especially since I never have guests and the only human presence I feel on a given day is usually just seeing myself in a mirror. I would also like to not have snobby rich people or old retired people or nosy people as neighbors, but I don't see a way around that if I'm going to buy a really nice place. I doubt I'll be in a neighborhood with much presence of our age group. I guess nothing stops me from buying a condo in Dallas or Austin and spending time there whenever I get bored of being around old people, though. Not really sure what to do, I'm not used to having this much control over my life. I'm more used to endless struggle, and thinking of removing myself from the struggle makes me feel guilty

Source or gtfo. How is getting a mortgage loan with student debt different than getting a mortgage loan with auto debt?

Do you have like $100k in student loans that's getting in your way and your debt to income ratio is too high?