Would a ban on fast-food restaurants in the US solve (or at least help) the obesity problem?

Would a ban on fast-food restaurants in the US solve (or at least help) the obesity problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

fee.org/articles/why-is-government-subsidizing-junk-food/
youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not even slightly.

No because you can still get junk food.

Also, banning weed didn't stop people from smoking it by the millions.

Weed is a plant that could be grown by anyone. Not everyone has fast food-grade materials. Sure, you have chickens, cows, and vegetables, but you probably don't own a grease fryer.

Fast food restaurants would just start selling their shit at Walmart. All healthy food which is sold at grocery stores would be fast foodified.

The problem is sugar-water(soda and shit) and people who don't drink water. Like, my dad dad never drinks water because "it's gross" and that's why he's a fat fuck.

Give a fine every month to all fat people. Because fuck them.

They stink, they're impotent, they cost money, we don't have to suffer because of thoses greedy glutonous pig.

That would just fuel the underground burger market. I'd be sneaking truckloads of Mcdoubles across the border.

I'm unhealthy as hell; I'm 25, 1.82m, 75kg. It's just genetic, and as a perfect 8/10 Aryan European, and superior to all the human kind, my genetics are just perfect.

No, but ending SNAP and other shit will. Obesity is rampart among poor people. Force poor people to get themselves out of poverty(by abolishing welfare, SNAP and other shit) - they will stop being obese.

fee.org/articles/why-is-government-subsidizing-junk-food/

Just kill them in gas chamber, it'll be faster and easier.

but I love fast food and i'm not overweight why should i be punished?

this, soda is killing america.

Soda is the worst thing at a fast food place

Yep. The average American doesn't own a grease fryer.

Why killing them when you could make money out of them?

And with a bit of luck we could transform thoses into good citizens after a few diet/fit class.

>he doesn't own his own personal deep fryer

What the fuck kind of American are you???

I was talking about the fryers that you see in those restaurants (the ones where you put them in a specialized pan and dip them into grease.

Nah. Just stop subsidizing corn so heavily so high fructose corn syrup isn't effectively free, so it's not in everything, so people don't get 300 stealth calories a day.

That's literally why America is fat. Well, that, and we overfeed our retard underclasses, but that's directly relevant to hfcs and corn subsidy.

>fast food grade

WHY DO YOU NEED AN EXTENDED CAPACITY FRYER FOR?
TO GO WITH YOUR ASSAULT FRIDGE? ?

Also things like this, which are, frankly, a miracle of calorie cramming

Would a ban of alcohol and cigarettes help with my alcoholism and 1 pack a day habit?

Fast food doesn't just magically have more calories.

You're stupid.

Nah, your addiction is provably strong enough, and your circle of friends reinforced enough, that you'd find it on the black market

if you want to solve the weight problem in america

>ban high fructose corn syrup
>put a calorie limit on fast foods
this would help by themselves
if you realy want to go all out

>add a 100$ monthly tax on anyone over the obesity line
>mandatory daily exercise hour (anyone who does not comply gets a $200 fine)
>daily fat lynchings

For only more than the average calorie intake of a healthy man and 600%+ of daily sugar intake, you too can die at the age of 30

It ain't magic, retard. They use sweeteners and loads of oils, which add flavor and calories, but do not fill you up.

Less full, more calories, more sugar. Insulin spike, still hungry, already over raw energy needs for the day = fat fucks everywhere

Which you don't have to go to a fucking fast food joint to get you mouth breathing fuckwit

>>daily fat lynchings

I'm more conscious of oils and sugars when I'm personally putting them in a dish

My family and I are healthy as fuck. A few times a year I fry a turkey because shit food should be a treat. Easter Sunday a 15 lb bird will bob to the top of my fryer and I will destroy that fucker. Then we'l wait till Thanksgiving to do it again.

Just bring the japs over to hunt the whales.

What's a good way to determine serving size? Like if I'm just grilling chicken or steak my only indicator of how much I should eat is when I get full. Not exactly a good reference since I'm trying to cut down.

what needs to be done is these fat people need to be repeatedly shamed and shunned exactly like smokers have been. It should be a social stigma to be a fat digusting piece of crap. not something celebrated. advertisements everywhere telling people how ugly it is to be fat. except in nigger and beaner areas couldnt care less about them.

Goodbye millions of jobs

F A T T A X
A
T
A
X

Seriously if we tax the shit out of smokers who cost less to the healthcare system we should junk food and raise medical premiums for obesity related illnesses and fat people in general

Fucking over the economy and depriving millions of their source of income, causing welfare to shoot up and crime rates to rise?
>Gee, really thought that shit through, user.

No. Banning all unhealthy food would not help either, as a black market would develop for such food. Even if you could ensure that no unhealthy food exists, people would consume healthy food in excess, again leading to obesity.

Bans solve nothing. Fuck off commie faggot.

fuck off you authoritarian

Blanket bans on anything are seldom a good idea.

Go ahead and ban fast food if you wish, but you still haven't addressed the problem of technology creating a nation of sedentary people who sit on their ass glued to a screen all day.

Diet is one component of our obesity epidemic, and certainly a big one, but so is inactivity.

Inactivity is one component, but even the most active person will burn only 500-1000 calories more than a sedentary person. That's roughly two cans of Coke. Diet is the biggest factor.

It would be like what happened in the movie Idiocracy.

no

>even the most active person will burn only 500-1000 calories more than a sedentary person.

That's nonsense, and two cans of coke is only 276 calories.

This desu.
I'm honestly shocked when people drink soda every day. There's this guy I know who drinks one of those 6 flags huge soda bottles EVERY FUCKING DAY.I don't like it cuz it makes me have a lot of phlegm. Water and coffee for me.

>my only indicator of how much I should eat is when I get full

"Fullness" is the feeling of your stomach distending, and it means that you're already eaten too much. Eat slowly, and only until you no longer feel hungry.
Don't or eat or drink shitty processed foods, particularly anything with refined sugar.

That's all there is to it, user.

I eat as much shit as humanly possible and I'm just barely above the underweight line. I eat at least 3800 calories a day and that's just to maintain my current weight.

more and more children in croatia are becoming obese
americunts, help me, you are obviously experts in this field

in many cases kids are brought up with it shoved in their faces.

i was never fat but always drank at least one coke a day, because I was brought up thinking it was the norm

i still drink dr pepper, but i've been making an effort lately to reduce portions and ultimately quit entirely.

Is it that hard to eat healthy and not be fat in the US ?
Most people i know don't do any sports and are still relatively skinny.

Now you see that blows my mind. I literally wasn't allowed to have soda until around age 11. Maybe sometimes at a restaurant but god damn I can't believe the prevalence of this shit. I would say about half the kids at my college get a soda with every meal. It's fucking disgusting.

Not it's not that's the thing, the only way to get to U.S obesity is to eat an insane amount of unhealthy food. What made me scratch my head when I went to Italy was all the people eating like shit and not exercising, but still being relatively skinny. It's your guys' lack of sugar in every drink I think.

I just ate the family platter chicken nuggets from Wendy's AMA

shit's addictive as well.

i can eat a slice of cake, or a slice of pizza, etc, and not crave for more.

but if I go any extended time without a soft drink I'll get an urge to drink one.

seltzer (carbonated water) has eased it but not entirely.

How about ask someone who isnt the reason for spreading this new obese and unhealthy trend?

Did your parents let you drink soda young?

they don't have the same portions as us, and they don't walk very often.

it's all calories in, calories out

particularly in America, we consume a lot of liquid calories.

this is why lots of fatties talk about how they don't eat much, as they proceed to guzzle multiple bottles of coke on top of what they already eat.

i don't remember how young, definitely not as a small child obviously, but easily from an age that i could grow addicted.

from about age 10 or so I was hooked.

No. When food is abundant, animals get fat. They'd just find another food source.

I fucking hope not. I work in healthcare, my whole existence is dependent professionally is rooted in the fat of the land. These people power the system. The system the requires medical supplies made, medical facilities staffed and built, transportation, the dialysis machines, the ambulance stretchers, all the way too the medical gloves worn and needed.

Sort yourselves out, your starting to sound like a faggot.

Relax, i was just trying to make americunts who read my post feel bad about themselves because they are obese and at fault for spreading the disease worldwide

I'm not as addicted as some I used to drink fuCKING g gallons of it in a single day but I just quit it no worth draws

oh man, I can remember being in probably 6th grade (12 years old for euros) and drinking 4 cans at a time in summer camp. That's like 600 calories right there.

it's a wonder i didn't become fat then.

>Assault Fridge

Sweet baby infant Jesus this is hilarious.

I am fat now so it's all jolly

No but a price increase on all unhealthy food would.

Odds are this will give you diarrhea before you can even absorb all the calories.

amount of healthcare you pay should factor in ur weight

Perhaps it's just me and my attention to food and drinks, but things like this Oreo milkshake look terribly unhealthy.

Heavily tax pop so people are discouraged from drinking too much of it. Also, start punishing parents of fat kids. Kids typically take their unhealthy habits with them into adulthood. Promote exercising as well.

No, but it would give birth to another Al Capone.

this

bring back vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M

It would never work, the people who are fat not due to something like the thyroid are fat due to their selves. It's their own unwillingness to change that causes it, and you can't forcr people to change.

>you probably don't own a grease fryer

What fucking country do you think you're in?

I want alcohol under more control, should have stayed illegal but since it's a tool for demons ya know, the powers that be.

No, because the real problem is all the cheap, processed foods you can buy in any grocery store, and the fact that there's at least 20g of sugar in damn near everything these days.

THIS.

I've never understood why the bashing of smokers, who are now seen like plague-bearers, haven't been extended to junk food addicts. Junk food is equally unhealthy, and can lead to painful body conditions ending in death as well.

Nope. The shit people make in their own kitchens is as bad or worse.

You could do a boycott to all fast food restaurants that target children.

No but high fructose corn syrup bans might.

>why should i be punished?
You arent making your own food like a redpilled white male. That's what you should be punished for

It's extremely unhealthy from most every objective viewpoint.

Fuck, can't express how much I hate those kind of things. Joking on the heart diseases by giving stupid names to foods, people eat them anyway (and maybe even think it's funny), and then they end up in e.r. with a REAL heart attack.

What would solve it is to put chemicals in fast food that render people who eat it sterile. Natural selection.

i used to drink that shit every day but I quit cold turkey just a couple of months ago. Feelsgoodman.

Because second hand fat does not exist as long as fat people pay higher premiums on the health insurance

No, kicking out Blacks and Beaners would.

People don't seem to realize they are the ones inflating (no pun intended) our obesity percentage.

Banning HFCS would be a good start as it's engineered to be as addictive as possible.

Banning unhealthily oils (Canola, Safflower, Palm, and especially Vegetable) would do a lot too. Also bring back butter and fuck a lactose intolerant.

Palm and coconut oil are the best ones for frying

Eh, Peanut oil is better.

Hell No. People who don't get enough enjoyment out of their lives but who don't want to use drugs use food instead. Life in America is miserable as fuck, so everyone eats.

I am fit and I love fat people, they make me look better and remind me why I go to the gym 4 times a week and watch what I eat.

You aren't winning if someone else isn't losing.

>You aren't winning if someone else isn't losing.

Nice one, user. I'll keep that in mind.

I don't even understand how it's possible to get fat, when I eat I'm no longer hungry so stop eating, why would you carry on eating more, I just can't understand fat people.

>not avocado oil

Me neither.

I can understand being a little overweight, but I can't understand how people allow themselves to get so fat that they can't find their dick.

They are fun. Anyone who is healthy can eat some food from there once a year when the fair come to town. It's not going to instantly kill you, Giorno

I'm fat and I support this post.

Except maybe the lynchings. If they are refusing to comply then I absolutely condone the lynchings.
But if it's random, then I don’t want to be lynched while trying my best to not be fat.(Which I'm already doing. Thanks, /fit/)

you're gonna make it bro