Roman Catholics! Can i recieve Communion if I have premarital sex?

>been with girlfriend over 5 years
>Living with her for a year
>Do everything together and never fight
>Have sex everynight and sleep together always
We are happy, real life partners. Both our families consider us both family. But we are not married.
The only "mortal sin" i commit is premarital sex! I refuse Communion every Sunday since i was taught this was a sin.

Here's where i have an issue... I'm the only one refusing Communion every single mass! How is this possible? Am i the only one that truly knows the Catholic laws? Or am I missing something and i should receive Communion?
There is absolutely no way out of 200 fuckin people I'm the ONLY one getting laid.

What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther's_canon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation

Then why haven't you married her, you piece of shit?

No, you cannot. You are living in a state of mortal sin and therefore to receive Communion would be profanation of the Holy Eucharist. You're absolutely right to not receive it.

There are two possibilities, here:
1) Everyone else is in a state of grace and goes to confession regularly
2) People are profaning the Holy Eucharist, knowingly or unknowingly.

Ever heard of this other sacrament called Confession? It works like this:
>sin
>confess
>sin magically goes away
It's not rocket science. I don't remember how churches are in the US since it's been a while since I've been there, but there should be at least one confessional somewhere in there.

Arguably if you confess and are absolved between every instance of this happening you can receive the Eucharist as you are not in a state of grave sin
However I would question the validity or likelihood of absolution if you had no intention to stop your actions, part of full and true contrition
Very few people pay as much attention as you are in this case unfortunately which would explain the absent refusals

Why aren't you married if you're so well-integrated to the point of being recognized as family? Communion is the most important portion of attending the mass and it seems like an easy fix.

It's not the simple. In order for the sacrament to be valid he has to perform the Act of Contrition, which means he makes a genuine effort to amend his life. The only way to do this would be to break up with his girlfriend or tell her that they must live separately, stop fornicating, and wait until they are married. You can't simply go to confession without any intention of avoiding sin/near occasions of sin, although I'm sure many Catholics do.

>AMERICAN """""""""""""""""""""""""CATHOLICISM""""""""""""""""""""""

>being a catholicuck

salvation is free and a one time thing you faggot

you should get married today, that is very sinful

According to catholic doctrine sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin. You cannot receive communion.

If you believe enough to go to church every week and get communion why don't you just get married? Or quit being religious. Most people willing to attend church weekly are probably much more apt to follow the other rules which is why you are the only one refusing communion. If you want communion and pussy get a piece of paper saying your slam piece is your wife and let the priest see the paper and wave his hands to make it official

>This entire post
I hate Cafeteria Catholics.

This desu

why haven't you married her then my dude

>I'm the only one refusing Communion every single mass! How is this possible? Am i the only one that truly knows the Catholic laws? Or am I missing something and i should receive Communion?
you're one of the few people that actually gives a shit. I bet everyone else just assures themselves that they are fine and that they didn't sin.
I haven't been to confession in a long, LONG time so I don't get communion either.
I really want to though...

>What does Sup Forums think?

A lot of bad Catholics out there desu

You are correct to abstain. Please do get married and regularize your relationship. BONUS: SACRAMENTAL BLESSINGS!!!!

Dude get married. Unless you're not sure about it... Then, you're doing a double mistake with that girl. Sex is for marriage only.

Being in mortal sin is terrible. If you have an accident and die, you go to hell.

You are only absolved of mortal sin in confession if you truly repent.. I've confessed my past crimes that i no longer take part in but premarital sex is obviously something i can't promise i won't do again.. we love eachother and are happy, i have no reason to stop slamming her other than taking part in Communion, which isn't worth getting cheated on or left over just cuz the bitch isn't being satisfied

To be honest, the Catholic Church is so desperate and loose these days that you can probable openly not believe in God and still receive Communion...

Well you know fornication is a sin. Why do you have to follow Catholic laws? Why can't you just follow CHRISTIAN LAWS?

That's what I have never understood about Catholics. They call themselves Catholics before they call themselves Christians.

You need some scripture and you need to follow it.

>For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Peter 1:21

>All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16

>Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 1 Corinthians 6:13

>come into a thread specifically asking a question for Catholics
>shocked that Catholics follow the doctrine of our own Church
This is why I don't come to religion threads on Sup Forums any more.

>Stop living in a state of sin OP! Don't you know there is absolutely no spiritual consequence for living in a state of sin once you've been saved!

As an atheist I have never comprehended retard Protestant logic

Nigga i guarantee you 80% of the people recieving Communion shouldn't be if this really is mortal sin, especially in this day in age.

But if you call yourself a Catholic before you call yourself a Christian what doctrine are you following? See how that works...

Guess what. Once your saved it doesn't say anything about never sinning again. Plus you're an Atheist so why are you even in this thread to begin with? You know nothing of scripture.

Because we believe the Roman Catholic church is one true church. That's why i can't just switch and pick and choose what rules i follow, i just accept I'm unworthy of the body and blood of Christ

To be a Catholic is to be a Christian. We're simply specifying our Church so there can be no confusion about our doctrine. Nobody seems to have problems comprehending this except Protestants.

Motes and beams, brother. Worry about the state of your own soul. There's no question that there's a lot of abuse and laxity these days but I assure you "Every last farthing will be paid".

Protestants are just a cop out to justify their degenerate behavior

Dude, seriously, are you willing to risk your eternal salvation for some pussy? If you really love her, marry her. Don't be an eternal cuck.

>Person 1: Hay are you a Christian?
>Person 2: No, I'm Catholic.

That logic everytime!

You must go to confession first then you can receive Communion.

To do all the things i do with her, and to have what i have. If the man in the sky really truly hates me for what I'm doing.. an eternity in hell would be worth this short life on Earth with her

It's the protestancucks that say we're not Christians. For us Christian and Catholic mean the same thing.

The vast majority of people will go to hell. This was known by God from the very beginning, it's just the way it is.

and you're a Protestant so why are you in a Catholic thread? you guys always shit up every religious thread possible.

If you believe in Jesus you cannot sin, as your sins will be forgiven. But this does not mean that you can enter into sin on purpose or with impunity. Your attempts must be honest, but the failure of the flesh is taken into consideration at every stage. As you continue to take commune and believe in Christ, you should naturally not want to sin anymore.

>I'm the only one refusing Communion every single mass!
Same. People are full of shit.

He doesn't hate you, but what you're doing has unequivocally driven a wedge between you and Him. There's no sense in your attitude. On the one hand, you seem to recognise that the Church possesses the fullness of truth and believe that God is our beginning and our end. On the other, and in spite of these things, you are willing to jeopardise your immortal soul. Seriously, why do you not marry her? Nobody is saying you absolutely must abandon her, and if you love her as much as you say then marriage seems only logical.

I don't see anything wrong with it, OP. I'm not in a state of grace, and I still receive communion. The way I see it, the church has no right to deny me the body and blood of Christ. Nowhere did Christ say his body and blood was being sacrificed only for those in a state of grace. Instead, he says it is being shed for you and for many so that your sins may be forgiven.

>an eternity in hell would be worth this short life on Earth with her
but user, if you just marry her then you get to keep doing what you're doing and you won't go to hell for it. what part of that aren't you getting?

Just marry her and get her pregnant already you fucking loser.

>being involved with a girl for 5 years
>not marrying and starting a family
Why would you do this? If you don't want to be married then why are you keeping a woman around for 5 years? What's the point?
What's your endgame here?

>The way I see it, the church has no right to deny me the body and blood of Christ.
And this is the sort of attitude which is prevalent today and profoundly worrying. No obedience, no humility. Why not just be a Protestant if you're essentially going to act and think like one?

Here's another issue i have. Even when i do marry her, which i will soon.. how can i truly repent for premarital sex if I don't regret it, I doubt getting married will solve this issue

>Once your saved it doesn't say anything about never sinning again.

No one born of God commits sin; for God’s nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God. By this it may be seen who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not do right is not of God, nor he who does not love his brother. 1 John 3:9-10

>120527245

Maybe he's just interested in sex. What better way to guarantee regular sex than keeping some dumb bimbo hanging on?

But it's true.
Christians are followers of Christ.
Catholics follow mary

This is a very stupid notion. It is literally eternal excruciating torment on a level so extreme that we can't even begin to comprehend it. If you're actually Christian you wouldn't do this.

Then why don't you have kids yet you piece of shit?

Learn about what the Church teaches about sexuality until you feel guilty enough for doing wrong.

American protestants have hijacked the word "Christian" to mean only themselves like the criminals they are. They have to ductility to claim anyone before Martin Luther isn't a Christian

What is your contemplative/prayer life like? The reason you don't repent of it is obviously because you don't understand the gravity of the act. You need to think on this, a lot.

audacity*

Okay, I see your issue now. You're living in sin and you feel you're not worthy of his body and blood. Since you believe you can take the blood of Christ I believe but I would strongly recommend obeying him.

You currently have....

>Salvation
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
-John 5:24

>You haven't lost your salvation
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
-John 10:28 (BY THE WAY NO MAN MEANING YOUR POPE EITHER OR YOUR PRIEST)

What I think you need...

>Follow JESUS'S COMMANDMENTS
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
JOHN 14:15

>Pray and ask to be forgiven
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

>I'm the only one refusing communion at mass!

go to a better mass. at a more conservative mass probably 1/3 refuse communion because they know they aren't worthy

Kek, good for you man. These niggas are in for a rude Awakening when they reach the gates. We'll probably get in with mortal sin not recieving Communion before they do for not being honest

fornication and masturbation are motal sins

No, but you can receive excommunication.

>There is absolutely no way out of 200 fuckin people I'm the ONLY one getting laid.

first time on Sup Forums?

Catholics are not Chrishtians. Pope is the God for them

5 years is too long for that. Pump her and dump her and move on to another if that's your plan.

It doesn't get more conservative than Roman Catholic man.. doubt it

Anyway, thread overrun by Protestant loonies and therefore ruined. Fun while it lasted! God keep you.

He's suggesting going to a more conservative parish, not a different religion altogether.

catholic lent is bitch mode compared to orthodox lent

>t. roach

You can't be excommunicated just for getting laid, get out of here with your Jehovah's witness crap

Go to confession, Iesus Christ
Read the fucking CCC loser

>you know nothing of scripture

Lol punkass you don't know me, there are many people that know a lot more about scripture than you that don't believe in god

Ok I can't argue with that

You need to pray more and ask for conversion. Also, the way you speak so slightly about eternity, means you haven't given it enough thought. You basically need to be more close to God and only he can give you that, provided you start being humble and ask him for grace.

You never sin? Or you just consider sinful things as not sinful?

And yes, your 100% correct in the fact of people committing mortal sin at mass every week

there's a big difference between your hippy dippy novus ordo mass and a latin mass (or even a conservative NO mass- my parish does NO 90% of the time but it's a very traditional group)

>Had my dick sucked now I'm going to hell

That isn't how it works family.

Similar case here, dude just marry her.

And yes, if you confess that's it, and you're posting and asking here, you probably think about it, it's not like you don't care.

Good luck!

Dude, no. Me and her have built a great life together. The only thing i understand the gravity of when it comes to this sin is running around slamming random people one night stand mode and catching diseases

Meaning after you're saved God doesn't recognize your sins since you have believed on Jesus Christ as your savior.

Catholicism is borderline false religion. There is no eternal hell for sinners. Only eternal destruction (Gehenna). That is only if you are truly unworthy of salvation or refuse to come to Jehovah even after the dead have been risen from the grave. Hallowed be His name.

There is consequence though. God will chasten you in this life in many different ways, he could even kill you for being too sinful. Still going to heaven though.

Besides there is hierarchy in heaven, if youre constantly sinnign and have no works you're gonna be low on that hierarchy

Talking about the new spirit of christ that you receive when you get saved, while you're in the spirit you wont sin but you cannot be in the spirit all the time, read romans you cuck, he clearly says he keeps on sinning even when he tries not to, i guess hes going to hell according to you. Also this tidbit 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If you do everything that the King James Bible tells you to do it makes you a Christian and not a Catholic or a Protestant. God wants you to follow him not some other religious church doctrine.

Luther eviscerated the Bible to fit his mindset, he was in favor of removing the book of James from scripture because it says "not by faith alone" James 2:24

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther's_canon

The Church is the pillar and bulwark of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus prayed at the last supper that we all be one yet you continue to spread your terrible schism

THAT IS BY FAR THE BEST PASTOR EVER IM GLAD SOMEBODY POSTED PASTOR STEVEN ANDERSON IN THIS THREAD!

that's heretical too, hell is eternal, read revelation

>Protestants
Not even once.

>That isn't how it works family.
Yes, it is. Extramarital sex is a mortal sin, as is masturbation. If you die in a state of mortal sin you go to hell.

Reading the King James Bible that has been passed down for centuries from the original Textus Receptus instantly makes me a Martin Luther follower?

Guess what! the Bible I'm reading has the book of James at it just so happens to be one of my favorite books!

>catholicucks

only once, cause afterwards you'll burn in hell forever with no chance of redemption

Don't you think it's suspicious that your translation of scripture is the only one that translates everything completely differently than EVERY other denomination's translation?

No wonder protestants contradixt the early christians

who even reads a lutheran bible

no biblical fundamentalist gives a shit about luther

this BTFO sola fide

Early Christians lived in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd century.

The catholicuck church was created by a roman dictator in the 4th century.

"Church fathers" were not early Christians and they are burning in hell.

Whether you are a Lutheran is irrelevant. Luther started the reformation. Your religion is the result of a man who wanted to eviscerate the Bible, and did, with Maccabees et al. to fit his doctrine, not that of the early church.

Honestly this...

Will Catholics even take this seriously?

>extra-biblical reasoning

No Christian cares, you crypto-pagan heathen.

The word "Hell" has been used but the original translation is the grave, the second death, eternal destruction. Satan will be destroyed completely also at the end of the 1000 years. No longer existing. No satan, no hell. Only eternal destruction. Hell was a construct that's used to frighten and keep parishioners from straying. In short, to keep the church from losing power.

Except of course the canon of early christians and bible intepretation of them xontradict protestantism

Good Lord Protestants are the fucking WORST

Shut the fuck up heretic

>The only "mortal sin" I commit is premarital sex!

You Christians are so good at deluding yourselves!

Instead of refusing communion why not stop sinning?

You're too into pussy to live a righteous life so you somehow think not having your sins forgiven will cause everything will work out fine?

See you in the pit.

>there were no bible-believing christians until luther

top kek