Has anyone here ever taken a legitimate accredited IQ test? How much did it cost you...

Has anyone here ever taken a legitimate accredited IQ test? How much did it cost you? What was the format of the testing (written, oral, etc)? How long did it take? Any details you could remember, including specific questions asked, would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

test.mensa.no/#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Trying to study for an IQ test

It was mandated by the school district. I don't know what it cost the taxpayer. I don't recall which of the many standardized tests it was, but my guess is the really SUPER IMPORTANT one we had to take under controlled circumstances in the special room, and I guess it took about an hour.

I don't remember the questions because all I really cared about was getting the answers right. Also it was 2nd grade, so I wasn't exactly paying a lot of attention to school at the time beyond watching the world go by out of the window.

My brother has a high IQ, he's 40 and live at home with my mom and has no real life. I'm often surprise he hasn't killed his self yet.

I'm guessing your IQ might be very low if you need to pay somebody to tell you if you're really intellgent

Mine was oral. I gave this guy a bj and he told me I had 120 IQ

I took one, it spanned two days of about 4 hours each.
Didn't cost me anything, state wanted to see how stupid I was.
Memory test, add/sub + remembering number test, vocabulary test, pattern recognition, reaction time, hand/eye coordination. That's what I remember, none of it was written.

now that you mention it i guess that is kinda what it looks like i was asking. i was just legit curious tho.

neat. thanks.

too smart to wanna live

K selected in a single parent household is terrible.

oh hey stefan. visiting norway i see.

I got a thousand on it brainlet

It took an IQ test as part of a dyslexia assessment I once had.

It's remarkably easy to get like 130. You just have to not be retarded.

1.Yes
2.Don't know, parents paid for it when I was a kid
3.Written. Mostly general problem solving questions
4. A couple hours
5. Weird questions involving shapes. Reading comprehension questions. What is the next number in the sequence questions.

135IQ master race checking in.
Jk i hate my life
>20 years old and my best friend is mom
>hairloss
>no libido
>socially retarded

Having high IQ is not special, trust me.

O fug, y u has my brain?
It's pretty shit, I know.

Sorry buddy but if you weren't approached to take one when you were a child your gifts are not apparent. You're just another sub-110 white or sub-100 swarthskin.

>facebook quizzes
>accepting results

his self? Your brother must have been given ALL the brains

A one hour session with a psychologist or psychiatrist. Rate depends on how much that costs in your country, and if your country gibs you that or not.

My psychologist wanted me to take the wais because she was under the impression I was some sort of gifted faggot. At the time I was in vocational rehab for some college money and they paid for it but it had to be at least 250. Either way, I scored incredibly high and my psychologist thought i was a Will Hunting. Lol

Made one with the psichiatrist scored 120 IQ not that bad i guess

i had to take an iq test at the age of 8 to get into the "gifted" program at my elementary school, it had to be legitimately done by a licensed professional, you have to score 130 or higher and i got in with 132
then again everyone on Sup Forums is hurre durr my iq so dont believe me

hey it me ur brother

I also took an IQ test in 2nd grade, but at the time I had no clue what any of it was for. I vaguely remember some of it, but what I remember best is being asked to arrange colored blocks to create a certain pattern with the use of a mirror. You had to consider both the blocks positions from your perspective as well as reversed via the mirror to produce a single image. All I know is the next day I was pulled into one of those "gifted and talent" programs. Took another IQ test at the age of 14 as part of a psychological evaluation by the Mayo Clinic and I scored 142

I've never had much faith in IQ tests, but I don't mind being invited to Mensa either

You take them when you're young and don't know what is because the school can get gibmedats if they have a genius in their district. But you can find a psychologist to give you a test as long as you fill some paperwork that says you understand that IQ is as meaningful as foot size.

>Has anyone here ever taken a legitimate accredited IQ test?
yes, with mensa
>How much did it cost you?
I don't know, I was 12
>What was the format of the testing (written, oral, etc)?
Written
>How long did it take?
Over an hour-2 hours
>Any details you could remember, including specific questions asked, would be appreciated.
Lots of questions about shapes and word associations.

I had something in the 160-180 range for an IQ test as a kid. Lots of shape related questions, relatively basic logic related questions, puzzle sort of shit.

The loneliness is surreal. I have a girlfriend and a few other friends but I can't discuss ideas with them because they get frustrated. I want to die regularly.

>not realizing most people on Sup Forums are smarter than the average person

>I've never had much faith in IQ tests, but I don't mind being invited to Mensa either
Mensa is bullshit, and they won't stop sending em their fucking magazines.
IQ is fluid, to some extent, there's a good chance your eager young 14 year old brain is more intelligent than the crusty old brain you have now.

>have 140 iq
>hate always being smart guy
>do all the drugs
>dumb as shit now
>lots of friends
>get strange pussy on the reg
No regrets

We got so many variations of all that I don't know what the hell was going on other than that the district was a testing ground for educational systems of the future and surely it attracted the attention of an extraordinary battery of testing partners.

I got a rare look into the school records. Maybe I'm what they say, maybe I'm what interbutt tests say (my experience with interbutt tests is that I score about the same drunk and stoned as sober, so I don't know what they're testing for exactly.) Maybe somewhere in between.

I'm so much of a nerd I can't stand the nerd clubs. Had a lot of fun in different kinds of other clubs with people who are too bored with real life.

>The loneliness is surreal.
Do you ever feel like everyone is operating ona lower level of consciousness? It sounds big headed and I hate saying it, but I have no idea how other people live their day to day lives, what they do, how they spend their time. I have no idea what they think about or get interested by.

Everyone seems so boring, but I've realised that it's not them, it's me, I'm the weird one. It's my issue.

took RIAS test for IQ after visiting with a neurologist for a cancer spook.

Some details,
RIAS measures several things, first it determines your synthesia (audio, visual, smell), essentially what you articulate stimuli as. Everyone owns a synthesia on a gradient severity.
The test takes about 4 hours, and can only be taken several times, as to provide new stimuli and concept for consumption on each attempt.

Then it determines your memory typing, and compares it to your synthesia. Some people can recollect things from imagery, others prefer tacticle or spatial elements.

Your test result is a measure of cohesion between your memory's ability to interface with your cognitive sense, and your ability to articulate your synthesic data into your memory.

In my case, my synthesia was audio, while my memory was photographic. These two conflict, but it allows me to evaluate and recall design compositions in both logical and visual ways quickly, so long as they can satisfy my desire for an auditory analog.
This works on broad things such as speaking with clients, determining product viability, and technology solution implementations. More so after becoming aware of how to sate my own native methods.

yep.

It's been a long, difficult process to be able enjoy their wavelengths, but they are, in fact, enjoyable once you learn to sync in.

I don't know. I've only ever met 3 people who I've been able to hold a one on one conversation with, outside of family.
I'm not some lonely autist who can't make friends, I'm funny, I'm charismatic, I'm handsome, I just don't like interacting with most people. I don't like to have sex or get drunk or party, so what else is there?

I like this place, it makes me feel less isolated.
Strangely comfy, I can't explain why, maybe it's the autism, things operate quick enough or something.

Anybody who thinks IQ tests are meaningful is an idiot.

Social skills are much more inportant than IQ in determinng your success in life.

Most people here are talking about ones given to children, which are not nearly as intensive.

the adult one took all day. they did all kinds of crazy shit like had me put pins in certain holes to test dexterity and would ask me random questions. They told me some numbers at the beginning that i had to recite at the end. they had me draw a picture from memory. there was a written test with some math questions (algebra and calculus mostly) then I did some reading assessment where I had to identify themes in some written passages.

They measure all kinds of shit and be prepared to have your expectations from those stupid online IQ tests rocked. Most of your shit will be in the 98-102 range. If you really suck at something expect it to be in the 80s, and if you're really good at something you can see 120s. My highest specific score was a 167 and they said it was the highest they've seen for that, but I still ended up not much higher than average, probably because I can't draw for shit.

Anyways, if you're taking an IQ test to pad your ego, just take an online one. A real one is a good way to see where you really stand in the world though.

>yes
>nothing
>oral
>2 sessions of about 2 hours

>Social skills are much more inportant than IQ in determinng your success in life.
I'm 156 IQ, and I agree. I think the greatest thing you can be born as is beautiful, beautiful people have what is basically the most important human characteristic.

about 10 bucks, It was apart of my therapy 113

Same. Then I got tested and scored 98.

It isn't that they are boring, it is that I can't communicate with them in a suitable manner. They lack the same conceptualization of ideas, therein lie my dissatisfaction with life. I've always had a turbulent social life, and a lot of that is my fault, but it is made more difficult when people simply don't understand that I am observant to a ridiculous degree.

I can't help but sound like I am sucking my own dick, but suffice to say, I understand what you are feeling.

kill yourself

I'm just saying in terms of keeping face when you have to do family or social events. You have to be able to find something enjoyable about it or else it's just utter hell. And it's possible to do so on an as-needed basis.

Over time, I think it's actually pretty rewarding and valuable. I'd rather shoot the shit with a plumber about plumbing or something, to be honest, but, I don't know, maybe somebody in your family or social circle does something interesting like that for a living.

I took an IQ test as part of "other" psychological evaluations. I scored somewhere over 100. Verbal comprehension was in 98th percentile, but working memory was like barely over 50th, so that brought my score way down. It told me shit I already knew: I'm good with language and abstract stuff and terrible at math and things involving short-term memory.

To answer your questions OP:

Cost: No clue, was billed to insurance.
Format: Written, Oral, and using objects like shaped blocks to recreate images.
Time: A few hours
Details: Oh OP...

I took two in school. One in 4th grade and again in 8th or thereabouts (it was summer).

It was part written, part oral and had some 3d puzzles. All very general stuff I thought.

Scored 135 and 132 respectively.

Intelligence is a funny thing I have come to learn. There are very different ways in which a person can be intelligent, and being "smart on command" during the test doesn't seem to account for all of them. It is a good indicator. I think it's easy for people to put to much stock in it though.

People on this board have a tendency to have lived through similar experiences, hence why they end up here.

That, and misery loves company.

>I'd rather shoot the shit with a plumber about plumbing or something, to be honest
Well yeah, plumbing is genuinely interesting. Who doesn't like to hear people talk about how they do their jobs? I can't plumb, it's new knowledge.
There's far more honour in being a plumber or a builder or an electrician than being a professor, or a therapist or an "academic". The latter are simply societal leeches, preying on the problems they claim to fight.
Give me a country of Shopkeepers and Farmers and plumbers any day of the week.

I dont doubt this for a second

childhood IQ is meaningless as an adult. you're likely not as smart as you think you are. all your social problems are likely mental illness, not some sort of superiority.

and there's this guy. which website you get that IQ test from buddy?

Protip: if you take an IQ test to give yourself a sense of self-worth, you've got problems.

>and there's this guy. which website you get that IQ test from buddy?
test.mensa.no/#

>childhood IQ is meaningless as an adult. you're likely not as smart as you think you are. all your social problems are likely mental illness, not some sort of superiority.
1) IQ changes but the largest degree it has been found to change to is around 25 points, which, even if everyone in the thread experienced, would still put them above average.
2) Abnormality is not psychopathology, if I had a mental illness I would attribute it to that, naturally.
3) You're the one bringing up superiority. I doubt anyone in this thread thinks he is superior to others, more likely we think we are inferior.
4) You can't call out a guy shitting on IQ tests whilst shitting on IQ tests.

i took one in school and got a 135-139, I can't remember. I think that's just about average, maybe a bit above.

Idk man, both the written and critical reading scores for my SAT were 99th percentile. My math score was something like 63rd percentile. because I went to a garbage high school so I simply didn't know the formulas but I've been teaching myself math.

Who does that? Those that think themselves superior would already be sure enough of that superiority that they wouldn't need the test.
Those that think themselves inferior would be too scared to take it lest they prove their insecurities right.

When I was little I was forced to take one. From what I remember it was problem solving questions with a psychologist or something. All I know is that I scored 120-125 or something.
So... pretty standard.

That's like 30 points over average. Not that it means anything anyway.

May I ask your age?

I took an IQ test and got a perfect score (100).

Yes, they used to administer them in public school. Pretty sure I took two or three tbqh. Took an hour or an hour and a half. If you google iq test questions you'll get plenty of results. You could absolutely get your score up once you understood the logic they're looking for.

why not, 19.

That's bullshit, it does mean something, wealth and IQ has great correlation, it's not a guarantee however, there are many issues that overwrite potential, like single parenthood, mental health problems etc.

Mensa requires an accredited test for entering. Your local Mensa will have regular entry tests, for quite cheap or no money. They try to make their money on membership fees (don't join, they are autistic faggots)

135 is not 99th percentile in the United States. So, the United States has more high IQ people per capita than Norway. WTF Norway, I thought you wuz smaht?

i had a test done because i'm a mental case. there was 4 scores. two memory, one logical and one i cant remember. average was 130. logical was 145 which is i think was sort of the max he could give with the tests he did. he would have to test more to determine higher than 145. but my memory scores was 120ish.
i did that block thing and the guy wowed at the last one. red and white halved blocks that you have to put in order
iq can really contribute to mental illness i think. im a 130+ neet :(

they do it for the army here..
to see what jobs you can get
takes about 1 hour 30 minutes
iirc it caps out at 130 which is all jobs unlocked

Ah, cool. That jives.

I scored 150 even, and you remind me of my younger self. Hope you make more of the next 10 years than I did. Brain development on average will level off around 25, and you'll be luckier than average if you maintain a good hormone profile by 40.

It can be done.

Uh, statement retracted. Guess that's why I scored an 88.

btw anything under 100 should be considered retarded. how a person get that low a score is beyond me

I'm probably as lazy as you are/were. Doing a psychology degree because it seemed easy and I didn't want to have to work for the next 3 years.
I'd join the army but I have a bad back and asthma and my mummy would be upset

took one when i was ~16 as a part of a battery of counseling i was forcibly dragged to for being an edgy little shitter, multiple sessions totaling a few hours, i think i got ~135.
took one almost ten years after quite a few years of heavy drinking and drugs and malnutrition adn self-loathing with the intention of getting on some kind of disability, same deal, totally legit, got 110.
feelsdumbman. probably shouldn't go back in another ten years.

You're dad isn't around is he?

No, he's right here.

Use it or lose it.

You sound like me though. From 14-22 was a helluva ride and I stopped illegal drugs. 32 now I just changed my diet and slowed down on ciggs and beer and can feel my brain waking back up. I don't like it, but it must be done.

Make him make you better, kek.

I am become the zombie getting good degrees to do fancy academic stuff I don't care about and disagree with just for jewbux. Better to get out before becoming old and jaded.

You know what I enjoyed was a stint of being unemployed during which I did real work with my hands for some dollarbux on the side in order to avoid having to go through the pointless hell of job interviews within my qualifications.

That's my job, not his. Stop relying on other people to solve your problems, you're not a baby anymore.

No because I fear I'm actually not very smart and the only thing I feel I have over most people is actually a lie.

Childhood IQ is not an accurate measure.

All I see in these threads are morons taking about their ridiculously high IQ score on tests from when they were 10.

IQ isn't solidified to ones genetics until adulthood.

>this
I had to take one in school for my verbal IQ I got 135 and I think 127 for the spatial whatever the fuck

>You know what I enjoyed was a stint of being unemployed during which I did real work with my hands
In England, when we leave secondary school at 16 we go into sixth form (academic) or an apprenticeship (job training) or a vocational course (learning about jobs but more in classroom than an apprenticeship).

I was gonna do an apprenticeship but everyone said I was too smart so I had to do science.
May change my course to politics and then start a career there, only thing that actually interests me.

No retard, it's the parents job to push their children until they are grown adults and have children of their own.
You have been drinking the liberal coolaid of extreme individualism.

I don't have any problems.

Listen to this man.

I am a grown adult. I don't need mummy and daddy solving my problems for me. If you let your parents coddle you, you turn into chris-chan, or some other imbecile that cannot survive without his parents.
You can keep crying to mummy if you want but I can fend for myself, as every man should.

When I was in university, I had some friends trying to pull me in to politics. I shouldn't reveal the entire seediness of it, but let's say I'm glad I was only interested until it was the worst social bullshit. Up until then it had only been about hacking elections, running drugs, exploiting sexual deviants, etc.

I learned most of what I do with my hands by myself. I learned my profession the same way, except the problem with my profession is I sold myself off on it -- now I have to keep up if I want to pay the bills and feed myself.

I'm kind of looking for the right time to get out and gather myself to jump to some other something.

Giving direction and wisdom to make life tolerable isn't coddling.

In the good old days you never had this stupid helicopter parenting where you don't let your son go to the toilet without holding his hand. You threw them into the water and they taught themselves to swim. Boys went off to war at 16, or sailed with the navy.

For God's sake, grow up and be a man.

Everything I have accomplished in life I have done on my own without a father and an absent mother.
I teach my sons how to learn, I don't coddle them.
You are like a child still.

>19 Grown adult
Nigger?
You're not an adult until you start to hit 30 as a K-selected modern human being, something switches around that time and you gain a much greater understanding.

One of those understandings is that fathers love helping their children, no matter what, they L-O-V-E it, it's literally their purpose in life.

When you grow up some more you will also realize you want your wife to be your mom as well as your childs mom, so she keeps you at your best, while you do the same for her.

No human can achieve their potential alone.

Had to take an IQ test at MEPS before I was enlisted in the army
Got a whooping 100
who /averageintellience/ here?

Did it with MENSA. I thought I was a genius an dwas smug about it, friend convinced me to actually do an IQ test.

132 back then (So not as smart as I thought), I took another and I'm averaging about 128-129 because I'm killing my brain by not studying or really doing anything that stimulates my noggin.

>You're not an adult until you start to hit
Are you fucking kidding? For the vast mjority of our history Humans have been lucky to survive to 30, let alone be in a state of infancy until that age.

You're saying that Caligula, Joan of Arc, and Christopher Marlower were never adults, Percy Bysshe Shelley. Alexander the Great ruled the world at 30.

Being the peak of the bell curve literaly makes you perfect. Average, but perfect.

meaningless match the shapes online IQ test.

>1) IQ changes but the largest degree it has been found to change to is around 25 points, which, even if everyone in the thread experienced, would still put them above average.

Let's think about that with our big smart brains for a second. IQ measure our median intelligence with that of our peers. During childhood, this is before most have completed any significant form of education, meaning the relative intelligence of our peers is pretty fucking low, and a high IQ can simply be accredited to being a little big ahead of the other kids. Comparatively, adult IQ measures all kinds of education ranges, but with most completing a basic education. IQs tend to change wildly post adolescence.

>2) Abnormality is not psychopathology, if I had a mental illness I would attribute it to that, naturally.

No but lacking enough empathy to identify with others at more than a surface level is.
>3) You're the one bringing up superiority. I doubt anyone in this thread thinks he is superior to others, more likely we think we are inferior.

You're inferior higher plane of existence. cynicism does not equate to intelligence.

>4) You can't call out a guy shitting on IQ tests whilst shitting on IQ tests.
no, dumbass, I'm shitting on fake online IQ tests, not IQ tests themselves. And mainly on people who think that an infinitely repeatable online test that asks you some basic pattern recognition is somehow meaningful to anybody and therefore when anyone talks about an IQ test that's what they're referring to. Its that cynicism I was talking about earlier, it makes you act stupid in this case.

I used to tutor the SAT. its nothing special. High school level questions.

That's kind of like you have kind of an alright sized enough dick, bigger than average, no superstar but nothing undersized.

On the whole, you're doing probably fine.

Why are you trying to prove your own intellect by making this big show of being above those who talk about their IQ scores? No one thinks you're smart, no one cares.