Is anyone on Sup Forums a writer? By that, I mean any form of writing that you get paid to do, this could be novels...

Is anyone on Sup Forums a writer? By that, I mean any form of writing that you get paid to do, this could be novels, articles, online listicles, or anything else. Do you hide your power level in your writing (dropping subtle redpills to your audience), or are you be completely open about it, or do you completely separate your writing career from your Sup Forums activities?

conservashits can barely read, much less write.

Does getting paid to shill on pol count?

Ayn Rand is overrated, Atlas shrugged is trash

Don't try to hide who you are when you write. Put it all out there. The PC Era is over anyway, no need to be a pussy about it.

For the record, I'm not an Objectivist. I just like "The Fountainhead" as a novel.

Currently in the process of creating a Fantasy/Science fiction novel. It subtlety hints at the failures of Multiculturalism in the west.

I used to be a newspaper reporter. I'm a Realtor now.

Nice. Any publishers you're looking at? Or are you going to self-publish?

fpbp

I covered the city politics beat. There was a tea partyer woman who ran for re-election to city council.

My coworkers hated her and hated dealing with her (She was pretty wacky, like something was off, cared WAY too much about what we said about her). I treated her fairly in my coverage even though she was a pain in the neck sometimes.

Pretty soon I was the only person who could get a quote from her (and other city counselors) because other reporters hated her (them) and they picked up on that. So turning something around on a short deadline was kind of my niche.

I also bet $20 against my editor that tea partyer woman would win re-election and tea partyer woman won... but I quit just after the vote and figured I'd just let it be.

The reason I quit was actually over something that happened with another council member.

We printed something that was misleading -- like it seemed to say he voted for something that he opposed. He called me on it and I said I'd take a look at the article.

After looking at it I could see exactly what he made. Is was extremely misleading and I brought it to my editor to suggest we put in a correction.

She flatly refused (later I suspected it was her edit that caused the ambiguity).

That made me realize I really had no say in what was being published, even though my name was on it.

I didn't even have a job lined up. I put in my two weeks the next day.

I didn't hide my power level.

>That made me realize I really had no say in what was being published, even though my name was on it.
That's rough, buddy. I hope you called the council member up and told him your side of the story. Fuck your leftist editor.

>Is anyone on Sup Forums a writer?

Yes.

>By that, I mean any form of writing that you get paid to do, this could be novels, articles, online listicles, or anything else.

Yep.

>Do you hide your power level in your writing (dropping subtle redpills to your audience),

Hiding would mean aping the libtards in all respects. Dropping a red pill would immediately reveal your PL. My PL is revealed at different levels, depending on what I'm writing, and for whom. But I always try ton influence my audience. The pen is literally mightier than the sword, after all.

go to bed Sean

You are right, big day tomorrow in doing nothing. Because no one will read my book so I have to just wait for my revolution to start.

Yeah, naturally I saw him again. Told him they weren't going to change it and that I disagreed with the decision.

screenwriter/playwright here

I don't put politics in my stuff there's too much of that shit especially in theater.

I prefer just trying to write interesting dialogue and stories. I don't use my craft as a way to push a narrative.

Definitely going to self-publish.

Really, how?