Pink Floyd The Wall

Watching this for the first time. I've never really listened to their music ('94fag)

I don't get it. Is it supposed to be political?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OZQhP1BdEqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. And you're supposed to be drunk or high when you watch it.

Watch live at pompei instead. The wall is overrated

No, but you can interpret it that way

You're supposed to watch it with your mom.

Everyone says that I need to be, or tripping.

I'm an alcoholic trying to cut back and don't do any drugs anymore though

Overrated trash
>t. Sup Forums
Watch Tommy instead. It's the same thing but more interesting.

This.

>former druggie
>doesn't understand The Wall is about Waters

pick one

Just finished it. I don't get it. Im not even mindfucked or anything I need someone to explain, maybe im retarded

What do you mean?

Should I just go to Sup Forums or something? I don't frequent that board

Worst music band ever.
They're the San Francisco of music, or something like that.

>Don't do drugs anymore
>Never listened to Pink Floyd

I don't think you ever did drugs

its a story about a rock stars life aka himself/syd barrett

pretty good stuff, talented guys and david gilmour is a legend

The first bad Pink Floyd album. I've tried getting into it but it just sounds like shitty generic 70s rock to me.

Thirded, live at pompei is awesome

No its overrated garbage that drugged out hippies worship because they're heretics. They only await being dammed.

>all this contrarian kids

Oh well

Wish you were here on a bunch of mushrooms will forever change your life.

it's pretty great if you're a 13 year old stoner

Explain

>live at pompei

Why is it so good? I don't want to waste my time again

Its about the loss of a father and the growth of a child eve questioning everything around him, being betrayed/lied by every female around him and his growth into what he see's himself and the world around turns into.
Good Flick.

The movie goes through the life of a British bloke (Waters) and how things beyond and within his control affects him, causing him to build a wall around his emotions, and then comes to the conclusion he has to tear it down to get any peace in his life. It starts with his father getting killed in WWII (first major plot point I can recall) which causes him to be a tad shy and timid, but these emotions are exacerbated by his schoolteacher (happiest days of our lives/brick in the wall pt 2) and his overbearing mother (mother). Eventually he decides this is the best way to live, closed off and emotionless (goodbye blue sky) and fills the (empty spaces) in the wall with drugs and becoming a rock star. He finds the life of rock and roll initially fulfilling (young lust) but sees how vacuous it is and eventually tries to off himself (all the tracks through goodbye cruel world). He fails, is woken up in a haze and remembers some of his fonder memories and how desperately he wanted to have a relationship with his father. Eventually his manager shows up and makes him perform (comfortably numb), sees how they're all just using him to get what they want and leaving him with nothing left inside, so he pushes them away (stop), collects his emotions and makes a conscious choice to let down his guard and be more emotionally honest with him and those around him (outside the wall).

jfc man it's in the fucking (track titles).

tripping

cycle of abuse
england abuses all of their children all of the time. The wall outlines what a child of abuse goes through out their life

The worst band ever? Definitely not, since Yes is worse than Pink Floyd

its actually about psychology and emotions but none of you are self aware enough for that type of introspection

It just sounds good, doesn't have to be anything to get.

>post-meddle
do not want

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is better for hallucinogens

It's not a movie, its a live concert of them mostly playing long instrumentals in the ruins of pompeii. Its the groovy spacey Pink Floyd instead of the gay muh grand philosophical statement shit they started to slip into as Waters took more control of the band

Pink is an edgy boomer who fell for the rock and drugs meme cause "muh dad died in the war". He gets fucked up and becomes a neet who throws TVs out the window and shouts at/ignores his current/past romances over the phone and in person. He gets rapped up in the idea that his listeners can be "guided" away from the government and institutions by satirically leading a fascist regime. In the end he's just fucking insane but there's some trippy music video-style art along the way. The music wasn't as good as the rest of Floyd's work either. Roger Waters literally took over everything in the band and the rest decided to split with David.

That's as much as I remember though, haven't seen it in 3 years.

Thanks, that makes sense I guess. I didn't really pay attention to the lyrics. I'll look them up

Wrong. The childhood abuse is only one of many bricks in the wall. The main metaphor of The Wall is well, the wall. The wall that we build around ourselves out of apathy and desperation. The wall that we build to make us safe is the same wall that imprisons us. Politically, socially, and emotionally.

Nice breakdown.
The lies of the mother. The betrayal of the wife. The annoyance of the groupie. All one knot right there.

Honestly just do drugs and listen to meddle or animals, miles better than the wall and you might actually feel something

>Why is it so good?
They perform in an ancient Roman amphitheater with no one around. The whole film is rather surreal. Also, they play earlier material like "Echos" and "One of These Days". Really good stuff.

I was high saw it when it originally came out... the worms are still eating into my brain.. sad.

Where did you get my high school yearbook pic? Mom's diary?

You forgot like half the fucking songs though. What about (The Trial) and all those? Your theory is severely lacking. The album goes deep in detail of life behind the wall.

Its trash.

It's not about roger waters you laymen its about the original pink floyd himself syd Barrett

>collects his emotions and makes a conscious choice (the trial) to let down his guard

FIFY

No, it's just about Roger being under the influence at a concert and thinking he's a dictator, and the wall is some metaphor for a mental block he has between himself and everyone else. Just don't read too much into it, it's just the ramblings of some drug addicts, with some sweet post ww2 aesthetics.

After your done eating up all the Floyd, make sure you then go onto Waters solo albums after he left Pink Floyd. Just as trippy. Try "Pro's n Cons of Hitchhiking"
youtube.com/watch?v=OZQhP1BdEqM

Pretty sure that was WYWH, but I'd love to hear your theories

It was always about Roger. He wanted to be Sid and destroyed the band over it.

Its a pretty romanticized version of Syd Barrett then. He was a crazy bastard, locked his girlfriend in a room for a week straight or something back when he was still with the band, but then he got fat and spent the rest of his life going on bicycle rides and finger painting. Doubt that nigger ever had some climax-of-the-wall tier awakening.