What decides how much people get paid in a free market?

What decides that doctors and lawyers make the amount they do? "Their need dictates their worth," is a vague non-answer - janitors are needed. Is Mark Cuckerberg really needed 877,771x more than the average American? Is Facebook really needed 877,771x more than goods and services provided by the average American? No, because there is simply no such thing as heirarchy of need. Parts are either needed or they aren't - the machine either works or it doesn't. Get rid of janitors, and the whole system breaks down. Get rid of faggots who make needless social media websites, and the world would be a better place.

So, in a free-market system, what really decides who makes what, and why is it fair?

>inb4 you're just whining
not an explanation

((((what)))) decides how people's wealth is forceably confiscated and distributed?

>no hierarchy of needs.

it's called supply and demand, for fuck sake man are you seriously on a negative level of economics or something?

>(((needs)))
Try WANTS. Zuck is wanted 877,771 times more than any random fucking janitor.

sage because OP is a faggot

supply and demand you faggot.

Pic related. You are a pleb and the pig is disdaining you.

>need

sorry, this isn't a communist country (yet)

My idea is that how people get paid simply be in direct proportion to how many years they went to school, and enforced by law or some such, regardless of what the job is. Like, if you didn't go to college, you make x amount. If you went for 1 year, you make 2x, if 2 years 3x, 3 years 4x, 4 years 5x etc. The existence of the obscenely rich necessitates the existence of the poor. iono I think my system sounds more fair.

kill yourself

like clockwork pol comes in to defend billionaire kikes

pathetic

are you even old enough to be here? that sounds like something a 12 year old would propose.

yeah we should all stop defending those damn kikes and adopt (((communism))) cause that's all wholesome, jew-free fairness if I ever saw it.

My idea is that all of the money that people who make more than me earn should be given to me. It becomes my property, though, so I'm not commie scum.

I'm 29. Perhaps percentage of profits would be better. (n+1)x = profits/number of employees. n = number of years of college attended. This would eliminate most of the wealth going to people who don't produce anything valuable all because consumers are stupid.

Capitalism is flawed because it has no mechanism to counteract the stupidity of consumers, and thus literally creates poverty. Why should janitors have shitty lives? Poverty is only necessary because the system allows few people to manipulate stupid people into giving them their money. Look at websites, even. The only reason most websites make money is because there still exists people stupid enough not to use an ad blocker.

The 'Invisible hand' of market economic balances supply and demand. There are hundreds of years of theory on price elasticity models, read a fucking book on economics before deciding you know it all better.

The invisible hand is a meme to stop people from breaking up monopolies.

Monopolies are uncapitalistic

It all depends on

>how much money is in the industry
How much can ask for painting 1m2

>how many painters are there.

>how good are you at painting.

And yet monopolies are inevitable.

Need is not what determines value, but rather demand. Apparently a lot of people want facebook shares, and they're willing to pay a lot of money for them, thus Zuck, the owner of a huge chunk of facebook shares, is rich as fuck.
As counterpart to demand is availability, such that demand / supply = price. This is why janitors are paid little. Every person other than the critically disabled or very young could feasibly fill a janitor's role. Very, very few people can create the next facebook.

Monopolies are created by the govt, see pg and e, they are the gas and electric monopoly on the west coast.. if there was a free market, no one would be using their service after the pipeline explosion.

Monopolies are easily undermined by someone selling the same thing for a penny less, aka competition. So no, they are not inevitable.

So do tell me that if a free market were to occur: how anyone could hope to match Wal-Mart who bases its very monopoly on selling lower than anyone else could while still remaining sustainable?

We have mega corporations now, so how can any meaningful competition arise when they already have all the means of production to just continue milking their monopolies?

Is this thread for real?

>What decides how much lawyers and doctors make?

Top fucking kek! Honestly! This is what happens when you remove civics and basic economics from your public school curricular.

No controlling entity fixes a price for these types of labour. Not even in communist countries have Doctors and Lawyers ever had their price fixed (unless they were epic shit at doing them.)

The reason why people in these professions are earning a higher income is simply because they can. There is a ton of demand for their service and in order to supply that service optimally they need to sort a reasonable price so that .0001% of the country isn't their client base and likewise; so that 99.9999% isn't also their client base.

Here have a Trudeau image, after your thread I am almost certain you two would get along on your political stances.

Doctors are protected from foreign completion by limiting the number of foreign students accepted to medical school and residency. cant practice without them.

fuck this faggot. He banned my account for saying niggers

Without market distortions (proper), supply and demand determine the relative cost of goods and services.