How do you support IQ arguments?

I'm arguing with a friend and every time I bring up IQ he says "IQ is bullshit and therefore can't be used"
His argument is basically that IQ is based off of nothing and has been debunked, racial differences are minimal and blah blah blah.

I need help since the basic sites I've sent him he calls BS. Is he right? Is IQ BS? How do you prove otherwise?

salf bamp

Niggers still score less, which is a proof that there are differences between races
Your friend is retarded and repeats the stuff he hears on TV in the wrong context.

It's not bullshit and it's never been debunked.

If he refuses to accept IQ then tell him he has no grounds to deny it but you'll entertain him anyways, and move on to a new argument like the different societies that each race created or their achievements. It's really not hard to probe some races are smarter, the evidence is literally everywhere.

IQ isnt a test of potential, ability, intelligence make sure you know this yourself

IQ is just a concept of propensity, we're still talking about humans here you glorified mongoloid

Jesus fuck man, this is basic teir shit.
>if I say iq is bs, its bs therefore your wrong
If you really cant hold out against that, then get.

IQ is just an artificial unit. It essentially is just an ability to recognise logical patterns. I believe that having a high IQ simply indicates that the brain is well developed and is also likely to posess other immesureable and more important traits.

What does it say about an individual? Not much if it's average. If it's extremely high, there is a high propability that his brain is greatly developed and the opposite goes for very low IQ. But it's not an infallible rule.

The importance of IQ comes in play when we are talking about great masses of people. The whole "propability" gets averaged and pretty much eliminated. That means that if we measure IQs of millions of whites, compare it to IQs of millions of blacks and whites come out as much better. Than it simply means whites are smarter than blacks on average.

It is wrong to say that IQ is the ultimate expression of someones intellect. That being said racial differences are minimal depending on your point of view. If blacks start to show improvement and thrive to be better they are sure to catch up to us but they are not really trying are they? This could be a racial difference too.

Read up on the General Intelligence factor (g). It makes a good case that intelligence is inherent and the basis for all cognitive abilities. Amren did a book review that's a good introduction to the concept.

IQ tests are not a indicator of true intelligence, It tests you on things you learned. If you never learned these things you will do horrible on a IQ test. It not really a fair test, but it is all we have atm.

Its the single best test we have for determining future success in life.

I used these arguments - he refuses to think Africa was caused by anything besides culture. Even after I ask him where culture comes from.
I can post his argument if it'd help.

checked and kekd - I'm a burger though

I tried nigga, he kept denying my argument at all. It's the only problem I've had lately - "IQ is BS" and I was wondering how you all beat that.

I used this line of thought but he asserted that intelligences (yes plural) aren't testable and the races are basically only different on the surface.

I will - thanks.

things you learned? Nigga what? It tests pattern recognition. I'm not talking about SATs

I agree, how do you get people to admit that?

Although it's not bullshit, it's very hard to properly measure. Intelligence, in a very broad definition, means two things:
1. How quickly can you process and sort new information and "rules"
2. How quickly can you solve a problem that depends on these newly learned rules.
The biggest problem is that all people learn differently. We study differently, we solve problems differently. Give 2 people a logic problem, but before that, give the a couple of test questions, only so they can get familiar with how the questions work, and what sort of answer they should look for. When they get to the problem, and eventually solve it, ask them to explain their thought process in extreme details. You will see that maybe on the surface it looks like they applied the rules that you taught them, but beneath that lies a very complex and a very personal method that is created over years of doing this on a daily basis.

The third problem is that IQ depends on a lot of things. If we take the problem solving angle, there are a ton of very specific IQ's, for different professions, sports, games. Having a high IQ in one field, doesn't make you more intelligent in an other.

Although IQ stand for Intelligence Quotient or something,
it actually represents Cognitive Performance.

Cognitive Performance is important, although it has little correlation to intelligence.
When IQ becomes 0, intelligence becomes 0 too. So tell your tomodachi to suck your cock.

Please post the argument, I find them fun to read.

>I agree, how do you get people to admit that?
By looking at the average iq for countries and then looking at how successful each of them are.

>I used this line of thought but he asserted that intelligences (yes plural) aren't testable and the races are basically only different on the surface.
So he knows absolutely nothing about biological racial difference? You should try and ease him into that first try "are asians on average lighter and shorter than blacks?" and go from there until you get to the differences in the brain with grey/white matter, cortical neuron connections, etc.

If he doesn't accept statistics there is probably not much you can do to convince him as he just refutes the argument,

still this seem very basic, i mean in universities around the world non whites are accepted with lower standards usually, it is bound to mean something.

Yes IQ is BS.
Y'all act as if niggers would be aleight if they had a higher IQ.

He's half right.

Internet IQ tests are bullshit. Real doctor's administer IQ tests regularly to detect learning disabilities and autism. I don't understand how anyone can take a test that only measures ones ability to use logic and call it bullshit. What, are you saying that logic is bullshit? Sequencing events in the most rational order is bullshit? Basic mental addition is bullshit? Memorization is bullshit?

>doctors
Making an elementary gramatical error while trying to defend IQ tests. How embarrassing.

look at that sad kitty ;(

Twin studies are good evidence that IQ is inherited. Get him to accept it's inherited within families and work up to races.

Anons have a good point that really make you think.

>he refuses to think Africa was caused by anything besides culture
I view it as colonization, then corruption, then "culture". Too lazy to substantiate it with data, but African blacks would probably score lower than American blacks for the reason countries in Africa don't have a developed education system and thus, the pattern finding in the IQ test is pretty much moot. Per >he refuses to think Africa was caused by anything besides culture
Colonization, corruption, then "culture". The inability for most Africans to better themselves in their own countries from a socioeconomic perspective probably has something to do with it. Are you using a VPN?

>Real doctor's administer IQ tests regularly to detect learning disabilities and autism

"Professional" IQ tests today are pretty much exclusively used to detect the gifted and mentally retarded, but they are rarely used for other disabilities. It's very possible for an Autist to be a savant, likewise a sperg testing among average. Cognitive disabilities, and autism/aspergers are usually given their own tests.

Not bad ;)

I'd argue that it's both culture and one's parents. I would say intelligence is passed on by smart and dumb people alike, as are mental disorders, high blood pressure, and dwarfism.

Sigh you retard.

Just google iq correlations.

how do I get to older messages on steam??
He resorted to culture, and when I asked where culture came from he agreed that the environment affects that but he then says racial difference is mostly surface.

basically this, it seems futile but he's one of my best friends and I'm sick of him calling me an idiot for being racist.

wut

we're talking about administered professional tests and lol

I'll look into this! Thanks nigga!

no VPN, burger out here for Uncle Sam. On watch for habbeningns

Thank you, faggots

IQ isn't bullshit on itself. The problem is that people tend to single out certain aspects of society and then use that to support whatever random argument they're trying to push, and what happens when you do that is that you're leaving out part of the reason why your statistic might look the way it is. You can't look at statistics in a vacuum simply because they don't exist in a vacuum in reality. Only once you judge an element of society in it's real life context and accounting for every single factor that might be playing a role in it can you say "yes, niggers are retarded."

OP you can see his argument that "IQ is BS" suggests that he thinks intelligence can be objectively measured, just the particular way that the IQ tests gives out bogus results.
Ask him guided questions such as in what ways IQ can be measured, then use that measure to disprove his claim
Good examples would be nobel prize count, independent mathematics discovery(chinks and greeks both independently proved Pythagoras theorem, niggers?)

dis iz GOOD nigga! Thanks senpai, have a butt!

It matters as you want your population to have on the avg a higher IQ. It doesn't matter what you or your friends IQ is. It matters what you do with your life. A Higher IQ helps with that.

so, fellow white bro, are niggers retarded and why?