Hope you're attending Orthodox Holy Week, Sup Forums. The services and hymns only come once a year and they are very...

Hope you're attending Orthodox Holy Week, Sup Forums. The services and hymns only come once a year and they are very, very special

Attending my first this week, looking forward to it.

Very excited, every night will be better than the last!

is over there, dipshit

Congrats

But truth is over here

There's a nice greek saying I find fitting here.
Γαμω το Χριστο kαι την Παναγια σου

Bump

does anybody have any links to any good Orthodox Bibles? i figure if i am going to the read the bible before i die, it might as well be the Orthodox version.

I only recognize "Christ" and "Panagia"

Google Orthodox England Old Testament. For the NT, King James is fine

Bump

>wasting your time in church worshipping christ when you could be worshipping dionysus

You can't bump your own thread so here;s one from me

biblegateway has every version ever printed.

Christ actually exists

And most are awful, and no,they don't

Thanks

no, he doesn't, the bible is a pacification tool used to keep people weak and easy to control

it also keeps people repressed and inhibited by forcing them to act in ways that go against human nature due to its morality code

there's absolutely no real proof that christianity is real, and if you're going to worship a god you may as well choose a worthwhile one not a system of control and repression

Control and obedience and humility are good.

only when you're on the side that's controling obedient people who are filled with humility, it doesn't benefit the people being controlled to allow it at the cost of their own free thought and nature

Why didn't Sup Forums care about the Orthodox Copts who died last week?

Incorrect. I suggest you read The Ladder of Divine Ascent, or at least the first chapter, you can get the PDF online

I wish I could attend Holy Week, but I'm in a university in the middle of the Appalachian mountains (fucking baptists everywhere) and the nearest Orthodox church is over two hours away. It's quite upsetting desu.

How can I attend without leaving my bedroom?

I don't know, I wasn't posting here, but I told my priest about it during the antidoron on Palm Sunday and he spoke on it.

Blessed be the glorious martyrs! Prayers for their killers.

i suggest you have a couple of drinks and get laid instead of giving up your own free thought and control of your own body to someone else's fictional ideas that don't actually benefit you

being a cog in someone else's machine is pathetic at best and won't actually get you anywhere other than being passively led around like cattle

Sorry to hear that. You should order the Jordanville Prayerbook, and email an Antiochian church about your dilemma

I only have Armenian and Greek Orthodox around me.

I feel like I would be invading their ethnic enclaves and be unwelcome. And have to learn their language for mass

Drinking and sex are paltry compared to synergy and Theosis

Most Greek parishes in the U.S. use English or a mixture of English and Greek. You would not be unwelcome, I converted through a Greek parish

χάθηkες, φίλε μου... για αυτό είναι η Ελλάδα στα χάλια της. Ο σταυρός είναι στην σημαία μας πάνω απ'όλα. Ελλάδα χωρίς θρησkεία είναι Τουρkία.

who said that was all there was to life? i just said you could use both because you're too uptight

letting go for a little while would do you some good

Happy Easter my brother. Hope you spend less time talking on pol and more praying, going to church and being with family and friends.

I'm joining a greek orthodox parish, and I can tell you that they will welcome you with open arms. If anything, a new face every sunday is a nice thing to have in church.

I'm not really uptight

you think being controlled by a ridgid system that denies basic human nature is a positive thing, i'm going to have to disagree based on that logic alone

I spend much less time on Sup Forums than I do on prayer, socializing or church

so you waste all your time regardless pretty much?

Supressing animal nature is the source of civilization

supressing nature completely holds people back, balance is necessary

there's more to civilization than repressing basic human nature at any rate, things like indulgence in pleasure and people letting go don't make the world or society collapse

I think prayer is probably the only thing that truly isn't a waste of time. Drinking and fornication are absolutely wastes of time, though

No, transcending animal nature is the only way to be more like God

prayer to christian god is completely a waste of time, letting go and experiencing pleasure isn't

getting in touch with your own nature rather than repressing it to fit a standard of control isn't a negative thing

indulgence and a loss of control lead to different insights when you've experienced them

experiencing human nature is the way to be human, denying yourself that because of misconceptions and false gods who exist only to keep you controlled and repressed so you have no power isn't positive

I want to be more like God, you want me to be more like an animal. There is no more to say here.

True,in this case, which is really all tgat matters.

you want to be more like a god who doesn't exist and you want to do it not by actually being like your god (who's a monster btw) but by falling in line and repressing your own nature

Except God does exist

the god of all abrahamic faiths (judaism, christianity, and islam) doesn't exist

it's fictional beliefs used to control people and indoctrination tends to be done in a way where believers become incapable of free thought and are just easily led cattle

Wrong, God exists, he is the Father of the Son, he is the Son of the Father, he is the Spirit of the Son. This is the only God, all others are false, and he has freed us from bondage to the adversary.

you know why you're saying that? because you're so incapable of free thought due to indoctrination in a backwards religion that you ignore reality in favour of the obviously false fairy tale you believe in

you're being controlled and you're happy to be, you think it's virtuous that you follow the things you're told without proper questioning or thought because you have deep faith in bullshit

congratulations

btw your relgion hasn't freed you from bondage, there's so many restrictions against basic human nature that it literally is bondage not freedom

that causes you to ignore reality*

No, I'm saying it because it is the truth, and what you advocate, that being human means conducting yourself like a cockroach, is a lie.

Your conception of freedom is carnal depravity, enslavement to the flesh

Kalli Anastasi, everyone

>implying you haven't been indoctrinated as well

Christos Anesti

being human means conducting yourself as a human, denying basic human nature and pretending it's beneath you doesn't make you better than anything

there's no truth to christianity, it's a bastardized religion based heavily on other religions that's been used as a system for controlling the masses for centuries

the only reason it still exists is because it thoroughly controls people

my conception of freedom is people thinking freely and choosing what they indulge in, letting go is only depraved when you hold unnatural morals that tell you it is

Orthodox and Coptics, right?
I started weeping a bit when our priest did the usual prayer for peace in the world and for all our churches.

i was raised catholic, i don't believe because i'm not easily controlled

"Freethinking" is just hedonism plus the Zeitgeist. You just live a pedestrian lifestyle of the age, molded to consume, fuck, and think of yourself as unique.

>not realizing you can be better than you are
>not trying to reach a higher level of existance than being a mere animal
>not realizing your militant anti-Christian ideology is a bastardized beloef system

shh
It isn't Pascha yet

S-sorry

don't fool yourself
there are plenty of athiestic beleif system with methods of control too
yoir reistance to Christianity shows how controled you are

Neck yourself you dumb dipshit

i don't think i'm unique by living according to my nature

i do more than just consume, but nice unrealistic judgment

i just don't let others dictate what i do within the constraints of a bullshit code of morality that's not objectively right and based heavily on a fictional book that's literally a tool used to control people, and i don't seek to inflict that system on others because it's only harmful

most of the problems in tge world right now are largely due to beliefs that come along with abrahamic faiths and the perspectives it teaches

it doesn't help that it encourages people to fall in line and behave while accepting whatever is in charge of them and dictating their lives

i am an animal, same as any other human

that doesn't mean i haven't reached any levels of spirituality though, i've opened my third eye and i meditate daily i've had many profound experiences

i just don't believe that were taught to me simply because i was taught them, i judge life based on my experiences

my resistance to christianity comes from not wanting to be controlled by a work of fiction, i'm not an atheist btw

You let your nature dictate to you, and probably accept what others say it is. Yesterday it wad monogamy, tomorrow will be pedophilia--what our society considers "natural" is continually expanding to include obesity, suicide, transsexualism, and whatever the latest fad in devianxy and perversion is.

i make up my own mind about things, i don't believe things just because i'm told them

you're making assumptions without actually knowing me based on absolutely nothing

i don't believe in monogamy, suicide is a perfectly acceptable way to die, transexuals exist and there's nothing wrong with it, fat people are free to choose their vices even if it kills them unless they want to accept personal responsibility and change

things that are seen as deviant aren't objectively "bad" or "wrong" the idea that they are is instilled in you by unrealistic morals that come from a religion that's a known method of control over people

1. doesn't change anything
2. a lot of stuff was/is happening at once

Me too. I'm heading to my local church this morning to check it out.
feelsgood.png

What like church everyday?