Homeless Nation

What should be done about the homeless? There are nearly five million known homeless and probably a couple million more hiding in the shadows. They are destructive to the areas they inhabit and many have mental issues and drug addictions that can't be solved by handing out sandwiches in the park.

What can be done that the public will find acceptable, is within our means, and will be effective in reducing their numbers to a small handful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwyr-ycyWZw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are more uninhabited houses than homeless people. the govt needs to take those uninhabited houses with eminent domain and give them to the homeless temporarily, find the homeless a job etc.

What good does it do to give a mentally ill drug addict a house? Maintaining a house is a large burden for someone who isn't fully in charge of their mental facilities.

The thing that gets me is that the most liberal cities have the most homeless

> Live in portland
> Fuckers are everywhere and nobody does anything

And I get that the cost of living is high but wages here are also extremely high. I make 21 an hour at a desk job and don't even have a degree.

Tbh just incinerate them all or whatever

>The entire state of CA is homeless

It all makes sense now

Actually working to solve the perceived problem would help.

It's like anything else, when your paycheck comes from treating the symptoms, what incentive do you have to cure the disease?

Commie blocks, a prescription to whatever death they prefer (opiates, speed, benzos) and a Netflix sub. Put them in it before they have to jump through hoops, instead of jumping through hoops to get into it. Then, don't kick them out for being fuckups. Most of them would never leave.

The rest of us, we just like to live outside as nomads. Make sleeping outside as a vagabond a privilege that can be revoked.

you are fucking lying if you make 21 an hour without a degree. what the fuck.

tell me you live with about 4 shitty roommates in a closet

florida is literally a dick pissing out and recieving vagrants

>post yfw jobs like landscaping easily pay 15-25 dollars an hour where im at
The beaners haven't gotten to us yet. Iowa stronk

Megabus costs as little as $1.50. The homeless are very mobile and many go where they can get the most benefits. Liberal cities tend to offer the most resources so they attract the homeless. Also smaller towns and rural areas find it easy to dump their homeless on large cities because those providing services in those cities want to be able to justify their budgets. Maximizing the number of homeless helps accomplish that.

Shit son my dad makes $25 as a foreman type thing in Milwaukee. Granted he has been in the trade for decades. He should be making way more but he dicked around for too long. Some journeyman hands start at $19-$22.

Kick out 11 million illegal Mexicans. not everyone gets to live at the beach in CA it's too expensive for you fly over state people.

I'm literally telling the truth there are lots of industries here where Mexicans generally don't go which helps

My job staffs like 400 people and there are maybe like 3 Mexicans all of which are 3rd gen at least and act white asf.

If it makes you feel better user we get raped on income tax here so I pay like 1000 in taxes out of $3000 checks

$42,000 per year $21 per hour isn't much. You would be better off in Midwest or south at $8/hr.

>the govt needs to take those uninhabited houses with eminent domain and give them to the homeless temporarily
Why?

Mental institutions till they prove they can not be homeless so we don't have to see them.

How is Portland currently Miami here want to move out west though

Too bad most them already do it and the place either burns down or should be burned

This is close to a solution, except the crime would make it unbearable. It would need to be involuntary, but luxury. Commie block luxury prisons that encourage you to o.d.?

Fuck off we're full
Unless you vote Republican, we need to balance the scales in this liberal shit hole

Cuz muh gommunism

Im white you fuck my parents hail from Nigchicago I'd go to Cali but I don't want to be broke and with a bunch of libs

False. A drug addict cannot rehab until his basic survival needs are met. You can't choose a higher goal like getting clean when you have to suck dick for a glass of water.

They have tried this in places before, they eventually get clean.

Exactly homeless people love calling 911 I think it's a hobby

At least tell us the industry user

I average anywhere from 22-30 an hours and I work for tips faggot

Good thread

bump

>so we don't have to see them

Can't wait until the actually wealthy (hint;not you) get enough of you fuccbois thinking this way so they use it as justification for why they assume direct control and make everyone take the mark. Then, as the gap between uber-rich and the 'poor' widens, everyone who's not elite gets kicked out so the elites don't have to see you.

Stop importing 3rd world savages and trying to force them to assimilate into something they'll never believe in and spread that money to the homeless ! It's really that simple !

False, most them never get clean and can barely make decisions

No, they've tried it and SOME get clean. Others end up burning down the house and out on the street again. Leftists love to showcase the outliers and claim they're the rule.

There is an article that shows that it is cheaper to house homeless people than for the state to keep them in hospitals when they get sick.

>the govt needs to take those uninhabited houses with eminent domain and give them to the homeless temporarily, find the homeless a job etc.

I wish you were able to understand how much worse this would make it. Protip: the government is the reason we have more empty houses than homeless people in the first place.

Telecommunications.

They usually only commit crime out of necessity. They need their fix. The crime would mainly happen when they needed new shoes, or wanted new clothes. That could only be fixed by breaking their conditioning.

Another problem would be their ever increasing tolerance for their death of choice, requiring more and more over time. Also you'd have to figure out how to manage regular folk. It can't be too cushy or everyone would just drop out of their lives and live in the blocks. Being surrounded by 'unsavory' folk would help deter this but only a little. Such a big part of our system is driven by fear of failure. If you stop running in the rat race, where will you sleep? What will you eat? How do you keep the rats running if they know they can stop and be fine,

I'm sorry I don't want drug addicts on the street, we use the have mental institutions were they could get help or just sit there. I'm sorry you love seeing homeless so much

They already have halfway houses and such, just lock them indoors and give them free drugs and netflix. They'll either voluntarily sober up and rejoin society or o.d.

Pay them welfare monies and stipulate that they must dwell permanently in Mexico to stay on the Night Train some.

1488D chess

Homeless people really don't starve, they can easily get clothes also. They get cell phones and beg all day. Most them are dicks

No, I love being homeless you twat. I don't like most of the others.

At least in prison you have a sentence and get out over time. In a 'mental institution' you can be held indefinitely until they decide you're not crazy. Don't forget who decides what crazy is, don't forget who created modern psychiatry.

Here's a good quote by C.S. Lewis that relates to 'mental institutions'

Sure you know what if they're locked up somewhere cause they're doing drugs that would be great, but they shouldn't be in society fucking up shit. Also around here it's barely even drugs with the homeless, all our drug addicts around here have homes it seems. Our homeless literally just drink beer/liquor/mouthwash all day then get hit by cars

Bomb Russia with empty cans/bottles, then send the homeless army in to collect by any means necessary.

Homeless people are predominantly three types of people
>children, women and young adults hiding from abusive family members
>severely mentally ill people who let things hit rock bottom
>punks, fucking punks that decided to climb the oppression hierarchy by deliberately hitting rock bottom
That last one is inevitable. Shit people will always exists. Deal with the fact there'll always be a few homeless people even in idealistic societies.

The first is caused by shitty family cultures, it takes just one broken home in one generation and then their grandchildren will even bear the scares even if the children have stable families. The second is basically caused by western art, we demonise the mentally ill and they ostracize themselves as a result. Strangely, not having mental asylums and not even calling it an illness seems to work; they become the village idiots instead and are basically the lovable butt of jokes (it still hurts them though).

Basically the only thing we can really do is fix single motherhood. Expecting people to respect the mentally ill is too much and expecting punks to stop being punks is unrealistic.

You're a punk. You literally exist to confuse this issue. Punks are horrible people that make fixing real social issues harder, because you deliberately choose to have social issues and thus deserve them.

Yeah that's sure working out for Europe and all the "refugees".

Nordic luxury prisons aren't overcrowded though. Would you give all freedom away for Netflix and food? Free unlimited drugs and 10 year minimum stay.

Look obviously it's not perfect but the people I'm talking about have issues where they need to be locked because they don't keep to themselves.

So you're homeless? Can you answer a few questions? Where do you stay during the day/night? What do you do with your time? Do you work/panhandle? Drugs/alcohol?

Why don't hobos just go innawoods and live off the land?

>you're a punk
>.t bum expert
Neck yourself faggot, there's dozens of subgenre of homeless. If anything, I'm a deadhead. You don't know shit about piss.

Agree with most except a little of the second part. At least around here it's different, the amount of fights/stabbings/fires they get into is crazy.

Because there's no liquor or drugs or people to beg from

#MakeSanotoriumsGreatAgain

>day
In the park, on the sidewalk. Anywhere, really.
>night
Doorways, bushes, cuddy sleep spots.
>free time
Learning guitar at the moment. Basically whatever I want.
>money
rarely panhandle these days. I don't need much to get by and often people just hand me money while I'm going about my business.

I smoke weed. Haven't drank in years, don't smoke cigarettes.

They should relocate a few thousand homeless to a remote island every year, create a battle royale style scenario where last man standing gets a ticket off the island and a million dollar mansion to live in. Obviously film everything and broadcast on PPV to fund flights and prizes.

Call it the Homeless games.

Homeless problem solved.

If you want to solve homeless problem, first beat down the Leftist fixers. They pay for homeless folks to participate in riota and subversion, the homeless have no incentive to get mental help or back on their feet.

They're no subgenre of homeless that's stupid you, that sounds like muh pronouns

>lol you used the wrong words... So I'm right and you're wrong
In intelligent circles we call this "arguing semantics," I call you a punk because it's what you are in my eyes. This is what punks are to me, they're anyone and everyone that's self destructive.

Therefore by my definition, you're a punk and there's no helping you. There's just getting everyone else to accept you deserve every moment of discomfort you get. You deserve absolutely no sympathy, you deserve to be ignored. That's the only real solution, punks only stop trying to be punks when they're ignored because then there's absolutely no benefit to climbing the oppression hierarchy.

It's easy to mistake the punks, who'll stab you so they can get into legal trouble and self destruct some more, and the mentally ill, who'll stab you and honestly have no idea why they did it, they just did and it's something that happened. Sorry.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be on guard around the mentally ill, again it's not easy to find a solution here especially when plenty of them have no close friends or family, which is where the mentally ill should be.

Reopen the mental institutions. Many of these people are severely mentally ill and just giving them a job or place to live won't solve their problems.

I wouldn't because I'm not your average bum

why does mexico have no homeless people???

The cartels sell them into slavery and sex traffic

>homeless
Not homeless, these people are hobo's. If people would stop feeding them like a stray dog it would end

You should come and get them out of Florida, because they're probably from YOUR state.

>There's more homeless people in the US than there are people in Scotland
>There's more homeless in the US than there is in China's military
Pretty sure they only reasonable course of action is to round them up and deploy them to take Scotland...

Basic income.

Couple more questions, dont take this one the wrong way, would you consider yourself to have some mental ill? Do you ever want to be not homeless? Why do you think you're homeless? How often do you smoke weed?

Gas

They are and good riddance. So glad we throw all of our junkies your way.

Mate its dangerous to sleep in a city district where police regularly patrol
Id rather put a bullet through my head than risk whatever hell you could be put through just by sleeping outside in Mexico

Stop feeding them. They will either die or seek treatment for their mental illnesses. STOP FEEDING THEM!

I can see an amoral society like China doing this.
Beggars need white liberals to exist.
Drug addicted vagrants,drunks, hobos would.

>I don't know what I'm talking about but if I say it with conviction it must be right

>oppressive hierarchy

You're a liberal, aren't you? Finally figuring a few things out about your peers and you don't like it, huh? I was raised by a single mother and moved out when I was 17, I never had any privilege to start with, faggot. Travelling and living this way has helped me a lot. You're just ignorant and proud.

>What should be done about the homeless?

I was homeless for 3 years. There are 3 types of homeless people

1) Down on their luck - got homeless because no family safetynet, did not qualify for government assistance (no children, not a woman, became homeless due to unemployment)
-this group generally can get off the street as long as they don't fall into no.2 or no.3, as there ARE ways off for an able bodied male
-the road back is long and hard, took me 3 years, but I hated being homeless the moment it happened and did everything I could to get off the streets.

2) Addicted - drugs and/or alchohol. I'll tell you the VAST majority of homeless men fall into this group. However a sizeable portion of them got onto the streets from dumb luck (no.1), instead of working hard to get off the streets they settled into life on the streets, and part of that life is alchohol and/or drugs.
-what's amazing is how many of these people are happy with their lives on the streets.
-they all have foodstamps, which they usually sell for booze/drugs or a few nights in an inn a month, sometimes all of the above.
-Even if you sober them up, they probably will go back to life on the streets as they could never and never want to hold a job
-the most violent and filthy homeless people are in this group. You can spot them panhandling if they look like they sleep in a dumpster. People in group 1 and 3 keep themselves cleaner.

3. Cripples/Mentally Ill/Abused -> most of the women fall into this group eventually, then a few years later are part of group 2 instead. There really is no such thing as a street woman who doesn't prostitute herself, because it's prostitution that leads to the mental illnesses (or mental illness which leads to the prostitution) which leads to the streets.
-many men on the streets get there due to work or war injuries and no family safetynet.
-most of these people fall into group 2 at some point

(CONT)

We start a rwds coalition that hunts down and injects homies with lethal doses of herion.

This.

Dependency creates degeneracy.

>hurr it's something I don't know about so it must not exist
Nobody who's halfway educated on culture (and by extension counterculture) would say that hippies and punks are the same, and neither of those are anything like the thugs who live in crackshacks. All three of those are different than the mentally ill who live downtown and push carts around.

You're fucking stupid.

I don't give a fuck about your story, I don't give a fuck who you think I am, all I care is that you actually believe your self destruction makes you superior whilst everyone else is tripping over themselves to help you because they feel you're inferior.

I can't wait till you have the brilliant idea to crush your legs in wood chipper.

Self improvement is not masturbation, it's the fucking meaning of life. It's the singular goal of evolution, the race to the supreme being and you failed by deliberately denying yourself opportunities.

You are a punk. There is no helping you. There is only ignoring you. You can't even be used as an example, you didn't make a mistake, you deliberately self destructed.

1. there in ghettos like detroit and rural empty shitholes with no jobs or assistance to convince them to move
2. most homeless have drugs or mental health problems

getting "rid" of the homeless requires different solutions for different homeless people.

group 1 - this is the easiest group to help. provide the people in this group an address and a phone, a change of clean clothing, and someway to wash their clothing, maybe a safe place to sleep, and they'll get jobs, save money and get off the street on their own in a few months. I'd just drug/blood test the homeless people you put in this group, to weed out the addicts, who WILL game every system that exists to get themselves whatever they want.

group 2 - this group is the hardest one to deal with, as addiction is almost impossible to "cure" without the addicted wanting to be cured. This group might require long term mental and physical care before they're safe to put back into society. The last thing you want to do with this group is give them any sort of funds which they can trade/spend on their own. they're basically adult children, and needs to be treated as such.

group 3 - in the past this group of people would be in asylums, now they're on the streets, because for whatever reason "asylums" are cruel I guess. well these people need 24/7 care until their illness/psych issues are controlled, then they need to be taught how to live like a normal person. This group is probably never going to be fully salvageable, but I suspect 30% or so with proper medication and consoling could live normal lives. Problem is the women in this group learned a long time ago how comparatively easy life is when selling their bodies, so it will be a serious challenge with the women (the men less so).

Overall there isn't any great solutions, there are some homeless people who can probably be helped. the addicts should probably be tossed in a forced labor camp until they die. The mentally ill probably should be tossed in asylums until they're able to integrate with normal society (if that ever happens).

What you're asking is all essentially irrelevant. Living this was is an extension of my values. I don't feel comfortable in any facet of what constitutes a 'normal' life. I've leased an apartment for a year and worked multiple jobs. During that time I abused more drugs and stagnated more than I have at any other point. It's not that I don't want to be homeless, I could have a million dollars and ten houses and I'd still want to live my life the way I do. I just don't like the unrighteous nature of our society, therefore I'm riding the tiger in my own way. Surfing on top of the bullshit as it all comes tumbling down.

Here in this thread alone we have a bunch of retards advocating for mental institutions or purging the homeless, despite the fact that (((they))) would declare such people ill and place them into the institutions along side the actually ill. If all your liberal coworkers said you're crazy for having wrong opinions, now you're locked up until your wrong opinions are buried or gone. Change the words 'mental institutions' to 'fema camps' and maybe they'll understand why they're retarded for advocating such things. Modern psychiatry was invented by (((them))) for this exact purpose.

Hey fuccboi, I can play guitar outside a bar for a few hours and make enough to survive for a week or two. I travel all over the country for free and live outside without any cares. Stay mad because you're scared of what you don't understand.

And no, you really don't understand it. You're like a child giving their hypothesis on something to an expert in the field. Very cute. Anyone who's slightly educated about the matter would laugh at your ignorance. Continue harboring preconceived notions about who I am so you can justify why you're so unhappy.

Do you need to government to wipe your ass also?

Hope you find Jesus and turn your life around. You're fucking up biggly.

I've busked too. If you make 50$ in a day you're either a talented musician playing classical pieces or you're a liar who seeded his own donation pit. I know the tricks, I know how much people actually make.

I know these personalities very well, you're a punk. When people point you out for what you are, someone who chose failure, you fall back by pretending you're tough or have some other notability, in this case artistic talent. You think your bohemian lifestyle is convincing anyone, but it's not, not a single person believes your atonal wailing over 4 chords is more talented than a middle class bourgeois with a laptop and an ability to write counterpoint.

You rely on charity. You rely on stealing charity from others who actually need it. You are scum.

Where I'm from, homeless shelters took care of it.

One unmentioned problem is their abuse of 911 - Ambulances. Oftentimes a strategy to secure a "good" meal.

If the US is wealthier than the European Union, how come there are so many more homeless people in there?

Ahaha you poor helpless fuck, whatever m8. You know I can get trim pot for a month out of the year making ~200 a day? How much money do you think someone who doesn't drink or smoke cigarettes really needs?

Whatever my dude, stay average

False. Former homeless meth user here. Literally had a period where i was starving and couldn't find money for drugs, went through withdrawals, and woke up one morning deciding that ai never wanted a week like that again.

We could turn the homeless into tires, so that we'd still have homeless, but we could use them, on our cars.

>stay average
You're below average.

press them into service, we did that all the time

youtube.com/watch?v=nwyr-ycyWZw

Moving elsewhere in Wisconsin would probably solve that. Lower cost of living, better quality of life and will probably make more. Moving away from Milwaukee = best choice I ever made.

The jester is allowed to speak the truth in the kings court because he is beneath contempt.

Your hollow platitudes mean nothing, truth is objective.

Try being righteous at all times instead of only when socially acceptable. See how long you're allowed to exist in your current position if you speak the truth.

Cost of living has gone up in someplaces. The tech boom in California has made the cost of real estate skyrocket over there. So most normal people can't afford the rent or housing there.
Also we had a rescission a few years back where people lost their jobs. So I'm sure that had a hand in it too.

If you take the average amount of homeless in the east coast and put up against pretty much anywhere in Europe, including southern countries, you still have a solid difference.

Is that a cultural thing? Is that because of Social Democracy? Are Americans just straight less solidary?

You will never be anything other than below average

Genocide

deregulate so more production and plenty for all
lower taxes so less money wasted by politician and other parasite

>What should be done about the homeless?

stop giving them jobs where they fly overseas and shoot children fucking up their minds and turning them into homeless drug addicts

our veterans deserve better