Is drinking alcohol degenerate?

The thread about identity made me think: Is drinking alcohol degenerate even if the alcoholic drink is deeply rooted in a country's culture?

Pic related: Apple wine from Hessen, Germany.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tJQggH7S7wc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is drinking alcohol degenerate
nice try achmed

Drinking bad mass-brewed beer like lagers is degenerate
Drinking beer from a can is degenerate

Drinking the good shit like Weihanstephaner and hard liqueur (Kavalan) is not

no and neither is eating pork :)

I've only just cut back on my drinking and I'm already beginning to see my abs emerging from the beer gut

friendly reminder that if you are a mudslime, you can't reply this thread

Woah, i got a mug just like that.

Everything not making value at the time is degenerate, like you making threads here.

No. Alcohol is deeply rooted in European culture. White people have been drinking alcohol for tens of thousands of years. Minorities have a lower genetic tolerance for drinking because alcohol wasn't an integral part of their ancestors' civilizations.

Drinking right now. Worked in 38 degree heat all afternoon if youre giving me shut for enjoying a cold brew then fuck jew

if you drink to get drunk, then yes

if you drink because it tastes good, no

Did Varg ever speak out about alcohol? I just found a video about alcoholism but in that he did not really say wether drinking alcohol is ok or degenerate.

Is it a cause for concern when I start consulting Varg in lifestyle questions?

mmm that looks tasty

What makes alcohol different from other drugs? If stuff like weed is degenerate then so are alcohol and tobacco, retards

no it isn't, it's a good time

the ideas people have about degeneracy are largely fed to them by morality systems based on values that go against human nature and have no objective truth behind them

none of it is, and all of it should be legal

Alcohol is particularly bad because it promotes fat growth, which stores estrogen. Beer is literally liquid estrogen because it contains massive amounts of phytoestrogens from the hops. Don't drink the liquid Jew!

>literally 1,89 euro plörre

drinking this piss is degenerate

get yourself some good whiskey or gin and drink 1 or 2 glasses per week instead of 1L per evening of this shit

Like all things, the product and its consumption are not degenerate.
It is the lack of moderation and loss of control of your habits that is degeneracy.

Enjoying ebbelvoi is not degenerate. Getting incapacitated by alcohol is degenerate.

how much were you drinking for it to have that affect?

>drinking because it tastes good

You drink to get drunk first, the good taste comes later when you need to justify drinking

learn to adult nigga

Drinking to enjoy the taste of a product is not degenerate.

Drinking to get drunk is.

Who cares? All I know is I feel 100x better since cutting back on drinking.

I think with today's modern diet, it is just not feasible. We have too much shit in our food to be drinking beer on a regular basis like our ancestors did.

It's ethanol, you're lying to yourself if you think drinking alcohol for taste is a thing.

Don't get me wrong, some taste much better than others. Some are actually fairly delicious, but if you wanted to sip a cold drink that tastes good you'd find something non-alcoholic.

NOT SO FAR

Why is this a meme? Our life expectancy is double that of before the Industrial age. Food is food, you would be no better off eating loaves of bread 3 times a day and drinking swill beer due to lack of access to potable water as you would be doing as a dirty middle age peasant.

DRINKING WITH FRIENDS AMONGST THE BLOOMING PEONIES

We had a drinking party
To admire the peonies
I drank cup after cup till
I was drunk. Then to my shame
I heard the flowers whisper,
"What are we doing, blooming
for these old alcoholics?"

Liu Yu Hsi

Alcohol separates us from the mudslimes.
Jesus drank wine. This confuses and frustrates the shit-skin.

If you drink and get drunk, then it is just as degenerate as the others. But equating a joint to the two beer buzz after work is silly.
I have known enough joint a day people who eventually crashed sometime in their mid 30s. But a drink a day people have still been productive citizens at a much higher rate.

Who gives a shit. Just drink what you want. Fuck what people on a cartoon website think.

If you look at history you see countless examples of heavy drinkers or even alcoholics functioning at a much higher level than druggies.

It's not a good habit, but it's too late to get rid of it, just like Christianity, as they are too ingrained into our societies.

It is excessive drinking (alcohol addiction) that you have watch out for.
This disease has gripped my nation, it's our legacy from the occupation years, and it just doesn't die out.

Not in moderation. Abusing alcohol with little to no self control is top-tier degenerate, however.

>alcoholics are more functional than stoners
lmao. Tell that to my uncle who crashed his fucking car into my grandmother's house. The only reason you think stoners aren't functional is because you only see when the burnouts. The majority of pot-smokers go about their days, contributing to society like normal citizens while keeping their drug use secret. If you honestly think that it's easier to manage an alcohol habit than a weed habit, then you're delusional.

Except that's wrong, Muhammad himself actually drank.

*the burnouts

There are no benefits to drinking alcohol in the amount that people do.

The beers and ales that are rooted in European culture have historically had under 2% alcohol content. Modern beers are fortified to 5% because modern consumers buy beer as a means to get drunk, whereas traditional beer was a way to preserve grain calories over long periods of time.

All you get from drinking alcohol are liver problems, weight gain, gross bloated face and destroyed brain cells.

literally anyone who drinks alcohol is an idiot, and you're completely ignornat of history if you think modern beer has anything to do with traditional brewing.

I think alcohol is only degenerate when it leads to degeneracy. You can drink something with cultural significance (and most countries and cultures have a tradition of alcohol) without getting shitfaced and fucking a tranny in the gutter.

>Is drinking alcohol degenerate?

No.

>my specific anecdote is absolute truth everywhere

Drinking and the manufacturing of alcoholic beverages are cultural keystones. Never trust anyone who doesn't drink.

Nigga, there are countless historical texts that indicate ancient Europeans drank to get drunk and have a good time, and they built some of the most technologically and artistically advanced civilizations on Earth.

>not appreciating the taste of good beer, whisk(e)y, vodka, wine

This is an 18+ board.

Few things are inherently degenerate. In most all cases, the degeneracy comes from the way a person uses something or goes about some endeavor.

Why don't you try both and see how it goes for you? My specific anecdote wasn't my argument, the fact that you can't identify functional stoners in society is.

I don't think pot is a big deal in moderation but the majority of weed smokers are potheads.

> there are countless historical texts that indicate ancient Europeans drank to get drunk and have a good time,
degenerates exist in all ages? shocking

>they built some of the most technologically and artistically advanced civilizations on Earth
not the ones that got drunk.

We are not healthier. So what if we live longer? We are weaker and more unhealthy.

Food is not food. It has changed dramatically, our ancestors did not eat half the shit we do today - it was just not present as an ingredient.

I have drinken like a fish when I both ate healthy and when I ate unhealthy, and believe me, there is a huge difference. Huge.

In Finland that used to be norm :D

MY BOY.......

youtube.com/watch?v=tJQggH7S7wc

Apfelwein is good. I drink alot of English cider and this isn't too far removed although on the weaker side.

I'd like to see the sources of that claim

Alcohol is a crony capitalist drug. Bubble hash should be freely available like wine.

>think's weihenstaphaner is good

>doesn't drink beer from a can

>not drinking the superior Czech beer