Is STEM really all that's worth it in college?

>tfw already into a depressing year of uninspired low gpa engineering because Sup Forums told me it was what really mattered
>tfw all i really care about is music but I don't want to major in it because unemployment
despite not having to worry about debt it's really stressful picking the right thing to study

Other urls found in this thread:

thebalance.com/top-jobs-for-economics-majors-2059650
hh.ru/vacancy/20142514?query=геодезист
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's great to talk about how much it sucks being sad and all but you know what's worse? Starving so you go into customer support and retail after getting a degree.

The grass isn't greener, there's no reason to get a degree in music. Your music is either good or it isn't, having a degree doesn't get you extra views and a contract deal.

music is a hobby, NOT something you study in college for several years you dumb fucking idiot

>waah waaah I actually have to do something in life that I don't want to
this world was built by men who could keep their shit together and do productive things even when they did not enjoy them

This world eats a dick though.

if you dont know what to study you're not ready for college.

If you hate STEM work that much your better off going with some sort of business degree that will land you a cushiony office/sales/marketing job as opposed to something like CS or engineering. Because with engineering/IT related fields they don't give a shit about your degree they want to see what skills you have like can you write programs/scripts? what software can you use? etc. and unless you stay on top of your skill sets and practicing math/coding once the classes end you will probably forget how to do most of it. I'm about to graduate and realize I don't want to be a code monkey so I'm now looking for a more business oriented position as opposed to technical stuff.

If you think youd be happy as a broke mufucker band teacher at a middle or high school go for it. If you hate engineering you womt be very good at it

College is 60% networking, 35% actually learning your chosen field, and 5% exploiting every measure you can to ease the process of getting hired and/or reducing debt.

the good parts were built by those men

the ones who try to ruin the world are the lazy unproductive scum who leech off the productive few

>muh networking
You are stupid. You have no interest in acheiving anything great. You are a literal social whore. You go to stupid club meetings and talk to other random losers who will never achieve anything great about your gpa and other irrelevant bullshit. Then you get your wagecuck 9-5 job making what you consider good money. And the saddest part is, that actually satisfies you. You aren't even human in my eyes, animal.

It's not worth if it if you dislike science/engineering/maths and suck at these subjects. Not only will you dislike any job you get related to these subjects, but you'll have to compete with people who were good at these subjects too.

You can enter into different jobs with these degrees, however. A lot of BScs in this country end up going into law, particularly patent law, as you need someone who can at least get a basic grasp behind the science of scientific patents.

Unless music teachers have fallen off the face of the earth, there's no reason OP can't get a job at a middle school or even a high school.

There are people in their thirties that can't even figure that shit out. They call it selection anxiety. Kind of like going to a restaurant with a large menu and being indecisive.

>can't even spell
>ya senpai u gon be broke
Eat a large cock.

If you doubt that networking and good looks don't help people get employed after they graduate, you're fucking delusional.

>be a lawyer, user
Yeah just like most postgrads in the US who think they can be a great trial lawyer.

I think one has to say this each morning, just to go on.

My own advice to Sup Forums: find a nice girl, get married. The world will always always try to fuck you over. You need one person you can rely on.

>In usa you have to pay for education
>If you fuck up, you loose your money

>In russia you dont have to pay
>However if you fuck up you go to army

I hate my fucking poor choise of uni...

Econ is also ok if that's better.

What do you do with that user?

also
>tfw forever stuck in this 3rd world city state

You're lawyer without the stigma.

You lie for a living usually, but people still worship your word regardless of your accuracy.

thebalance.com/top-jobs-for-economics-majors-2059650

Bro, come on, the vast majority of people on Sup Forums, in the country, and in the world, will never achieve anything great. Take this small redpill: we are born, we struggle to live well, and then we die. For most of us, that's our life.

Which engineering?

There only a few fields in engineering that are interesting to non turbo autists.

Petroleum, Mining, and Process Engineering are alpha-tier programs. Very high ROI on the degree, plus versatile. You can easily switch to finance, management, law if you want.

Sure, but he doesn't require years of college to become one.

>According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Market Research Analysts earned an average of $60,300 in 2012.
>The bottom 10% earned $33,280 or less
>And the top 10% earned at least $113,500.

hh.ru/vacancy/20142514?query=геодезист

>1k$ a month

I just said that a lot of people who get BScs are able to go into law (work for patent companies) instead of going into a scientific career. At least you can do that in this country, as people with law degrees don't know enough about science to examine scientific patents.

OP is better off trying to learn a trade such as welding, plumbing, becoming an electrician etc. than continuing with his engineering degree.

in terms of making great buxx for yourself and the overlords: yes. in terms of making for a good life: most certainly not

My choir teacher actually had a masters degree. Why? No fucking clue. Went to Immaculata

Not here, bong bing bong.

i'm 25 is it too late for me to go to college?

What's a good thing to get into as the economy starts to decline in the next couple of months? I don't have a GED or anything, so my options are rather limited.

Could either of you two elaborate on the differences between business and economics
I don't think my college offers it but transferring is always an option
I'm doing Civil atm but I haven't really gone far enough for me to be set on finishing one as all of the courses im taking this semester are in the curriculum sheets of other engineering fields
It's not a bad study but its starting to seem very in depth and serious
Next year if I continue I'm going to need to do 6 hour classes rather than the standard 1-3

Nah but it depends on your financial situation

If you can afford it and don't care about the debt, sure. By all means, get your degree if you need to. If you can't afford it but have alternatives such as a trade, go for that.

I've tried to make it in music my whole life. I believe now it's luck and who you know that makes a famous musician. Keep it as your hobby if you love it, but that will most likely never be a profitable career for me or you.

A business degree is fairly generalized. Very broad and typically geared towards someone who wants to move up in the company. For instance, someone who is looking to gain a management role.

Economics is different in that it's considered a specialization and those who have a knack for it can do very well in their field. Most with an econ degree become accountants.

Going into Invasive Cardiac Catheterization.

I think I'll be fine.

What's being an accountant like?

Not that great of a field, bro.

You have to love the stem field you're in otherwise you'll never hold a candle to autistic kids like Stephanie who stays up all night fixing a circuitboard just to see it "go".
You'll never hold a candle to pajeet who watches every shitty indian tech video on YouTube and practices every day in the hopes he gets H1B'd to the U.S.
Do something you love, just make sure you know you can make money with it.

cushy office jobs are going to get automated.

learn a trade or learn STEM

So have I. I've been doing music since I was 13. I'm 25 now and backed out of studying at Berklee in Boston. With all of the retards that have Pro Tools and shit, there's no point in studying music. Not at the collegiate level.

No clue but a former classmate of mine went on to become a CPA. If you love math and could see yourself doing it every day, it can be lucrative.

So much fucking this. Every job in IT that I've missed out on were due to the fact that they wanted Autists. Microsoft, Apple, Geek Squad, etc. They all want idiots that have no social skills but can focus on a computer as if their lives depended on it.

Or work for Amazon's warehouses.

I joined a technical field in the armed forces and now make almost as much as an engineer

>Doing civil ATM

That's your 1st mistake. Civil is highly saturated. Unless you're a prestigious school or have family connections, finding full time positions as a civil engineer are tough. Pay also is poor for entry level positions.

>Curriculum sheets of other engineering fields

You must be in 2nd year then. Yeah, engineering doesn't become difficult until 3rd and 4th years. Canadian and American educations differ here. Us canucks have accredited engineering schools so we graduate as EITs. You guys have to write an exam, I think. The curriculum is also more strenous. I have 6 courses each semester (18hours of lectures/week plus usually 6-9hrs of labs). Most of my courses (usually 5) courses are in engineering, 1 in other faculty (Math, Science, etc).

It only gets harder, so if you're disinterested now, you're fucked.

gud goy

You Maple fucks honestly think you could match schools like MIT or Stanford? Please. No one wants to go to Allah University to learn engineering with their fellow Muslim residents.

Accounting is hardly math. It's number crunching for ppl too lazy to learn how to do their own taxes.

Literally use TurboTax. Shits so simple.

The thing is though, I hate math
Maybe economics isn't for me if what you're implying is there is a lot of math involved

I dunno man, these cath lab fags around here are banking pretty well. RCIS catch lab guys are doing well being on call.
And I get a $22k tax free retirement already added. Not too stressed

If you knowingly support this kind of system, you're a kike.

STEM is an area you need to be good at if you want to get anywhere. Unless you are top tier, there are tons of pajeets waiting to take your spot.

If you don't have the motivation to continue or put in effort, you aren't going to get anywhere.

Just take some bullshit law or business course. Think of it like this, would you rather;

-Love your job, struggle financially

or

-Hate your job, be financially well off.

That's pretty much your choice in the world nowadays, unless you actually have an interest in a well paying job.

There's more to accounting than just taxes, stupid fuck.

I never liked math either. Become a mechanic then. Then you can fuck over stupid women and if you're good enough, open a shop and tell people what they think is a good price but it really isn't.

>Match schools like MIT or Stanford
Lmao... Triggered.

Undergrad engineering degrees are pretty much the same regardless of where you go. It's about who gives you a shot. I got buds at UToronto with internships at GS with students from Harvard, MIT, Stanford, etc. Same with friends at Waterloo in tech companies like Apple, Google, Yelp, Snap, Tesla, etc.

You may disregard our schools. Employers don't. Guess which ones opinions count.

Protip: not yours.

You actually don't. You'll likely be a cardiovascular tech with other nurses and physicians around you. It's alright money but nothing to call home and write letters about.

you need to have 2 things to get to be a famous musician nowadays:
1. must look hot or cool in some way to appeal to the people interested in your genre and so kids look up to you and emulate you
2. must be outspoken on social issues that help advance the jewish agenda

jews love making money on the goyim especially when they are helping to brainwash the youth.

the third part is where luck comes in because you have to actually meet a big shot jew in order for them to sign you. being good at music can help with this part but it's really not necessary since they can make pretty much anyone sound good and write songs for them to sing. you could also get like insanely good at an instrument like the guitar but way less people get famous this way than with the above steps now

your major doesnt matter if you are good looking or have nepotistic connections or have actual talent.
this is like 5% of people maybe less

Not that I support it, it's just how it is. Why do you think Greek Life is so popular on campuses? Because those idiots that look half good are the ones being scouted for jobs with companies.

>More to accounting than taxes

What do you think a CPA does to put bread on table?

Hint: doing shit most ppl are too stupid/lazy to do, which is taxes.

Silly little poutine bitch thinks that anyone cares about Saudi Arabia West.

Or you can be a goat farmer and chill.

This is what lazy autists with no work ethic tell themselves.

Take note Sup Forums, you don't wanna be like this faggot.

If you work hard, have even a modicum of intelligence, make good decisions, you can graduate with a decent paying entry position.

Only some CPAs do taxes, you fucking invalid. There's auditing and way more than just filing W-2s and 1099s. But what would an H1-B visa cuck like yourself know?

If you don't want to get a useful degree from college, don't go to college.

Get a job. Practice music on your own.

I'm almost done with my psychology BA.

How fucked am I in the jobs department?

>listening to a Canadian

I love when armchair critics in their parents basements take pride in or discount other people's accomplishments.

Lmao, stay blessed Ameribruh

Become a cop. That's what a cop told me. Lot of idiots get a CrimJustice degree and are a dime a dozen but psych degrees are pretty popular in police departments. Good benefits and pension to boot.

Honestly bro, if you're struggling now, you'll never make it as an engineer. So many kids in college go into engineering and leave with a different major. Plus, technical jobs are become more relevant now. If you like engineering and shit like that, think of becoming an electrician.

I have an engineering degree and 6 years experience behind me.

Is a €35k (euro faggot) MBA worth it?

This. I know plenty of folk who came out of the army/air force and make good money out of it. There is a shortage of aerospace trained people here in Canada and army folk make good supervisors. They can easily rack $40 per hour here and 60 hours a week.

If you are taking out loans then you need to go STEM. If you can afford it yourself then do whatever you want.

I love when niggers that have never held a real man's job talk shit behind a computer.

This is a depressing thread. Any anons read any of Guy Standing's work on "the precariat"? Perhaps a stupid name, but he well describes what's happening today:

>growth of global, rather than national, market
>corresponding increased competition
>poor job markets, especially for secure positions
>more and more temporary and/or part-time positions
>dearth of careers, growth of gigs
>huge surplus army of labor

Result is the present world - where we're constantly competing with hundreds of others (including pajeets) for every position worth a damn.

No one cares, Terrance and Phillip.

Lol youre so butthurt rn.

Kk, inform me on the various, fascinating duties of a CPA that extends beyond inevitably determining taxes owed or minimized.

Honestly, I'd be a firefighter instead. Massive benefits, average pay, and you aren't hated by half the country for doing your job. I'd love to be a cop, but end up in the wrong neighborhood and you'll get shot just for wearing the uniform.

A CPA’s role is that of a trusted advisor, helping their clients plan and meet their financial goals, while also assisting in other fiscal matters. This could include audits and reviews, forensic accounting, consulting and/or litigation services.

Get rekt, moose bitch.

What is sound engineering?

Haha, oh wow. Epic comeback fampai 10/10.

On a side note: learn to work and pretend to be a good goy.

Not at all. You might even qualify for some mature student support.

I'm one year away form getting my BA in accounting. Did I fuck up?

You think you're not hated by everyone when you have to tell them that "sorry, we couldn't save any of your shit that burned up"?

Been there done that. No one really respects firefighters, my man. Not in my area at least. 95% are volunteer. Who the fuck wants to voluntarily run into a burning building? The only related thing I'd do is rescue or paramedic. That's about it. At least people thank you. Cops and firefighters aren't thanked. It's a thankless job.

Nothing to learn, nigger. Already know how to work.

Go to law school.

How much debt do you have?

That's life though bro. Part of the reason the US is so fucked with student debt is because people forgot the reason you go to school is to secure future employment, not to spend four years larping as your dream career before getting kicked into the real world.

Doesn't mean you can't pursue music separately though. In fact, having a steady income can provide the means to actually do more with your music (lessons, production, etc) than if you were slumming it at some shitty cafe job.

>Real man's job

If that's code for destroying your body for Mr. Shekelstein, then absolutely, I've never done it.

Feels good to tell other 'real men' to do it tho. They have to be my bitch or they don't get OT and have to do the shit jobs.

Total nonsense

>listening to anyone instead of fucking a cat

Sales, if you can hack it. Every place needs people to sell shit, and if you aren't autistic and put in the work you can generally make some coin.

Probably need a GED or something though to get hired, but that shit is easy to get.

Most students in the US LARP for 3.5 years and get serious for .5 years. That's how they get their degrees. Not by hard work.

Oh right, Canucks don't know what hard work is. What going up ladders is like. What scaffolding is. What manual labor fucking is. So while your dad watches a real man fuck your whore of a mother, maybe you can pay attention to the bull on top of her and learn something.

>every retailer is closing
>"hurr do sales, user"

Yeah nah. Not a good idea. Unless they can hack it as a realtor or a car salesman, sure. High dollar sales or bust.

Lol.

In reality, you're the bitch ppl call to double check that the numbers add up. Unless you have a CA, you're immediately disregarded.

Source: Accounting @ work. Full of balding losers who have no understanding of the ins and outs of making money. 2 cute interns from Queens are here tho in accounting, will be a nice change from the same, depressing losers.

Did you catch a Canadian plumbing your mother or something?

Mr. 56% mad as fuck.

>thinks I'm an accountant
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa nigger, no.

50k by the time I graduate. with my interest rate (i'm international), it'll be 100k by the time I finish paying it off. I'm hoping trump will deport me, then I won't pay Salli mae.

Canadians aren't really allowed here. And if they are, they're fucking on student visas.

Are schools scrambling for music teachers?

Join the military then.