Is this common practice in USA?

Is removing people of the plane (if its overbooked ) with force normal situation in USA, or is this first time sombody where forced out of plane by force.
Also will he press charges (or get compensated?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lhXjEuKOOJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FREEEDOM BITCH

This almost never happens

he'll sue for a few million probably

United's stock is way down, hopefully they dont overbook flights in the future, dumbasses

That cunt was so obnoxious

CORPORATE FREEDOM
FUCK YEAH

Also ,i'm curious what will happen to united airlines employees who dragged him out?

those were cops. one was put on leave already while they investigate

>paying a couple hundred dollars means you own the plane now

chinks...smdh

So how do this overbooking thing even work in USA? Don't you have the seat number assigned the moment you buy your ticket, or at least when doing an online check-out before printing the boarding pass?

So they'll sell the same fucking 25C seat twice and then act surprised or what, the ticket has no number and everyone just rushes in and grabs a place as fast as he can?

yes I know it's not a case of overbooking this time, just asking in general

This is not normal. UA will be sued and lose not just money but goodwill of the people. Major PR fuck up.

That was pretty funny though. They should have taunted the fat chink with made up ching chong language too.
youtube.com/watch?v=lhXjEuKOOJI

No, normally he would be shot

>Is removing people of the plane (if its overbooked ) with force normal situation in USA,
Mr. Dao was fully within his contractual rights to occupy the seat assigned to his use by UA.

>or is this first time sombody where forced out of plane by force.
UA broke their written contract with Mr. Dao by removing him from aboard the aicraft for other reasons than listed in the contract

valid reasons would be like causing an actual security issue or flight unable to take off etc.

They overbook expecting 5% or so to cancel or not show up. If more people than seats show up, then at the gate before boarding the ticket agents start offering bonuses for people to take the next flight.

People get bumped every day from flights. Usually, they aren't already on the plane when it happens.

my question is, don't you have a seat assigned way before you even appear at the airport? It's how it works around here.
So it's mean they'd have to sell two tickets for the same exact seat hoping that one of the customers doesn't show up?

Hopefully next time plane wont be alredy in air

Sitting around with your phones, like a bunch of mindless twit spectators, seems to be common practice now too.

>Usually, they aren't already on the plane when it happens.

because its against the literal fucking contract text to be removed from aboard the craft for overbooking. It does not fall under any of the definitions in the contract.

Yeah, they probably double book seats. Not sure if United books the actual seat when you book the flight, or if they do that at the gate when you check in. Either way, they knowingly overbook some flights, often the overbooked people get a message like "See Gate Attendant for Seat Assignment" when they try to check in, so the overbooked people probably don't get a seat number.

Nah, most people don't throw a bitchfit and need police called to get them out.

Remove sushi

Depending on the airport, really.

To keep it simple, let's say there is 100 seats. At the given airport, you may expect 25% of your passages to not show up. So to make up for it, you sell 125 seats.

Another airport may expect a little as 5% to not show up. So they sell for 105 seats.

Again, it's all dependant on the airport.

People are less likely to show up to their flight in Chicago because you have other modes of transportation. Bus, train, etc. Now let's say you are in Maine. You don't have the same opportunitis of transportation if you miss your flight, so you are more likely to make your flight.

Normally he gets to proceed to his destination and exchange gay sex for drugs

> "See Gate Attendant for Seat Assignment" when they try to check in, so the overbooked people probably don't get a seat number.
ah, that makes sense I guess
Every time I flew, even with shitty Ryanair, I had my seat number assigned a few days before the flight during the online checkout thing, so I had a hard time grasping how it works with people learning they have no seat when trying to board the plane.
yeah, I know why. I'm just asking how technically

Maybe in Finland but in the US it's in the contract that it can happen.

United has a policy of over booking. That's a fucked up policy. Fuck United.

>Maybe in Finland but in the US it's in the contract that it can happen.

Exactly, YOURE NOT supposed to be able to be removed from aboard the aircraft to make room for others, aka bumping, aka overbooking.

You may only be kept from boarding in the first place.

The contract lists all possible reasons for being removed from aboard craft.

its not normal, but i wish it was. would be nice if they knocked that fucking screaming jew whore out and dragged her to the gas chambers too.

Interesting point.

Every airline has their own formula on figuring out the percentage of no-shows. It's just a shame they will never release it. Some airlines practice in never over booking.

You are less likely to be "randomly" picked to disembark if you board early. Even being signed up for the airline's frequent flier miles can help. Even if you don't use it.

Yeah the one time I flew with united you didn't get a seat assignment till the gate.
But that is what makes this so weird. He already had a seat, and was sitting in it.

Happens all the time but they're usually more aggressive about it.

Is the thing that the entire internet is losing its collective shit over that happened for the first time ever common practice? No. You retard. This is a first.

>United's stock is way down
What are you waiting for? Sell your house, sell your farm, and buy United's stocks, go all-in. In a few months it will go up and you will make a lot of profit, enough to buy yourself 3 mansions.

Removing folks from the aircraft is not uncommon at all. The passenger refusing to leave (which is a federal offence) and resisting to the extent that law enforcement had to be contacted to forcibly remove the passenger from the plane is pretty uncommon. All of this happening, and one of the LEO going ape-shit on the passenger, while several other passengers record the incident, is pretty damn rare.

United Airlines didn't do anything wrong, but they are going to get fucked for it anyways.

THREE WHOLE PERCENT!!!!!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!

>flying will never be the adventure, the romantic thing it used to be
>we used to dream about flying for thousands of years
>we got it
>now flying is something we want to get over with as fast as possible, like going to a dentist

East Asians have no concept of law. They conflate authority with power, they attach power to status, and they derive status from family and learning.
Nonwhite societies generally still have fairy tale nonsense about "how dare you presume to touch me, insolent peasant." The specifically and gloriously English concept that "the king must obey the law" is unimaginable to a normal educated Chinese.

Fuck yes! It's their company they can run it however they see fit. USA USA USA

It is impossible considering AZN girl is doing stereotypical stuff. Plus she is cute.

normal in shit hole usa! call another doctor

Ok, I could be wrong and there could be other incidents that went this far. I've found no proof of that though.

UA did in fact do something wrong here though. They have no legal right to remove a passenger after they have boarded in order to fly a standby employee. There are laws governing that ability and the right ends prior to boarding.

There are a set list of reasons that a passenger can be removed from a flight and this situation did not legally fit.

inb4 "he resisted and was beligerant so that fits" - he did absolutely nothing prior to their violation of the law. His legal refusal is not grounds for assault, which is what the courts will agree on when this goes to trial (unless he accepts a settlement pre-trial of course)

Also, plenty of lawyers have weighed in on the other argument that's been floating around. The fact that UA is a private company and the fact that they own the plane does not give them the right to remove anyone post-boarding for whatever reason they choose. There are set rules, set laws, and agencies that enforce them

UA will most certainly be found to be in the wrong here.

There is no such thing as the black jailhouse lawyer reasoning that at any point other than self defense you have some legally recognized prerogative to chimp out. There is no time period where it is an intelligent idea to resist a police officer from a liberal metropolis (when Democrats are in power, brutality will shower).

Yes. This happens every single day. It's how we remove ne'er-do-wells and malcontents. It's one of our best kept secrets.

3% of a billion is 30 million....
Going down 3% a week is a nightmare for multi-billion dollar companies. It also might get people to sell off their stocks and lose faith, which brings down prices even more, which quickly snowballs into financial collapse.

Did you pay any attention in civics and economics?

It's normal for every aspect of life in America. All industries. Corporations rule us and can abuse us at their whim with no repercussions.

I kept seeing that Ancap balls face when watching the video.

>pay money for a product
>sorry sir, just because you paid money doesn't mean you get our products

gotta love capitalism.

In EU all aircrafts have a right to do this, but if they use it they must compensate with hotel, food and depature chosen by the passager self.

The question here is:
1. The passenger didn't got out of their private property
2. The company tried to take him out of his paid and rented space

Who broke the NAP?

>he bought the airline
I guess they all look the same to you.

He did not buy a product, he contracted a service.

He wasn't Jewish, he was Asian so he had no right to be there.

Fuck this was deep

they offered compensation, dude said no, so they dragged his ass off.

United should learn from Delta on how to handle this.

No one in their right mind think that this incident will bring down United Airlines.

Feel with me. This is the passenger aviation we were promised back then.

Passenger aircraft will never have promenade decks or sleeping rooms. That would mean less passengers to squeeze in.

im starting to think that now when (((guys))) own some social media they use it to melt away stock prices from selected companies by intentionally forcing a fake scandal in fake news
No way to ever know if thats real video or bunch of actors

This is what the future of passenger aviation was envisioned like when Humanity was capable of mustering enough optimism for the future.

Look, I get that it's a sizeable devaluation in a short period for a company that size. The reality of the situation though is that no major airline is solvent or has been solvent in decades. It's already a subsidized industry and all this will do is cause some reactionary changes to the law that cause the airlines to charge more for the same shitty service we've grown to expect.

If UA stock lost 50% and another airline bought them out (absolute worst case scenario for UA) it would have no real effect on the stock market or economy at large. It would have an effect on the valuation of partner companies, the purchasing company, competitors, etc. I'm not saying there would be no damage, but UA is a NYSE stock, not NASDAQ or DJI. It isn't a marker or a selected industry stock that is used as a general economic status indicator.

There is zero chance that UA's downfall could in any way trigger a US financial collapse. To be honest, I don't even think the combined collapse of megastocks like GE and Boeing on the same day could do that.

Who needs the economics/civics lesson here? No offense intended by that. I honestly don't think the classroom is a great place to learn real world economics as theory almost never matches reality on a scale this large.

buying opportunity. unless you think they'll go out of business, which will not happen.

>hopefully they dont overbook flights in the future
if they don't they'll go out of business. they just need to do it a better way, like Delta.

Everyone over books. It's a money making (((tactic)))

Look. A fucking dining room and a gym. Not only you are not forced to sit for 6-12 hours, you actually get to exercise and get to a flying restaurant afterwards.

Overbooking is very common.
But normally they don't let you board in the first place.

Apparently they fucked up this time because they didn't reserve 4 extra seats for crew.

usually seats are assigned at the gate right before you get on.

Its a normal thing to be bumped from a flight. Normally you dont even get on the plane but its not unheard of.

The zipperhead was asked to get up, he did not comply, so he was removed. THAT aspect of the story happens fairly frequently. Usually with drunk people. Ive been on a flight where 2 guys got way way to drunk and got forcefully moved to the employee area by what I am guessing was an Air Marshall and a flight attendant (flaming gay guy)

>You will never fly this

i thought the contact was to get him where he's going, not necessarily on that flight.

Why has this never become a thing?

It seems such a good idea.

it's possible that enough investors will sell large enough portions to drive stock down much farther, eventually triggering the need to sell the company itself - at which point anyone buying on the way down would get some compensation, but still lose out.

It's called trying to catch a falling knife. Sometimes you're lucky, most times you aren't. A huge tip though, if something seems like an obvious opportunity to the level where thousands or millions of people are discussing it, then it's not what it seems. The average person does not generally predict stock movement well and a sure thing is almost certainly going to be the opposite.

Or this. Dr. Hugo Junkers was a genius.

>flying on United to hobbiton
>arrive a bit late due to some fucking russian limo service breaking down and never calling
>still 2 hours before flight
>go to counter
>"sorry, our system released your tickets, as you were later than expected"
>
>
>
>
>fuck united

of course its commen practice. That's why everyone is blowing up about it when it happens...

>he didnt do nuffin he was a good grandpa

60+ year old asians wildin out there damn should of known these people were all trouble when your bones are dense as twigs

The flight wasn't overbooked, don't fall for the damage control from the company.

It was properly booked but they really needed to get 4 of their employees to the other city, so they kicked 4 people at random.

you have to be there 2 hours before or they give your tickets away? usually its like 45 minutes for most airlines. fuck United

What kind of homo makes fun of the hot Asian girl?

>No one realizing federal marshals dont just beat a man for no reason
>Not remembering united airlines on 9/11
>Economic warfare

Really? Every time I use online check-in over here I get to select my seat. That's with BA and Air Canada, I suppose - I think I could with Virgin Atlantic as well.

Were the people who were forced to leave given any compensation for the inconvenience? After such a bad display I hope people will boycott this airline.
Shes a slanty eyed gook, get some taste.

the worst is over, as far as this incident and UAL stock price. I expect UAL to stay close to XAL, barring another incident.

Do American carriers always overbook? I've taken plenty of short hop commuter flights that were 100% full in Europe, but I've never seen people getting bumped.

usually mid life crisis guys who are tired of the same old thing

Flying will always be nice for the rich, it's just now the plebs have access to flying greyhounds that take them to all inclusive resorts for only 2 weeks of minimum wage pay

If you're late they try to sell it to someone else.
For example someone they (((overbooked))) on a previous flight.

2 hours is normal for big airfields with tight security measures in place.
Although you can likely still pass through in 45 minutes, the remaining mandatory 1 hour 15 minutes is for (((shopping)))

boo hoo back to china ching chong

I think it was due to them overbooking the flight, and a large portion of the passengers had already arrived, so their "system" deigned it necessary to fuck over people who have booked a flight almost a year in advance.

"Last year, United forced 3,765 people off oversold flights"

-- independent.uk

tip of the iceberg stuff; someone finally got pissed off and said FU to the man

"If God wanted Man to fly, he would have given us more money."

getting a seat number at check-in is normal. if you don't get it then, you get it at the game. airlines are anticipated a handful of flyers will never check-in for their purchased flight.

fuck this doctor cunt.

he was asked to leave. and then told to leave and he didn't. once he realized they're not fucking around- he should have got up and been a cunt about it- call them cocksuckers, whatever but LEAVE too. still be a man about it but do what you're told by the police.

what you DON'T do was that. stage a "sit in" like a faggot leftist uni kid and refuse to be moved. glad the cunt got stomped. it was the only result possible at that point.

>nigger cop

Kek

>I've never seen people getting bumped.
They do it discretely before they give the boarding passes.

btw: anyone knows if you checked in from home the day before and already have a seat number does that make you immune to overbooking?
Or will they go
>Seat 36 E.....
>....sorry we just gave 36 E to someone who checked in 20 hours later than you.

Ya know, you may be right.

Is it a good time to buy UA stock though? Nah. If they fully recover it's a couple percent point gain. There are much better investments with less risk for more gain all the time.

Quick Sup Forums, this is the opportunity to push rices to remove niggers.

No he did the right thing.

If he had left quietly it wouldn't get media attention and then overbooking will only increase in future.

>be a man about it and do whatever you're told

>nigger cop
Shhh. Simmer down goy. We can't let the media make a big deal about this.

I have. DEN -> NRT, with United. They were offering like $500 in vouchers, and eventually got enough people to volunteer.