They wanna take away our Pennies!

Another idea straight from the liberal stinktank is the idea we should get rid of our American pennies!

Since 1793 the United States has been making pennies, its an American tradition!

We all grew up with the penny, and now the goddamn liberals want to get rid of it all together.

What the hell am I supposed to do with my big jug of pennies if they decide the penny isn't worth anything anymore?

Do I turn em in for Pinko points down at the bank before they take away all our US currency and send half of us off to the Gulag?

I'm sorry but my presidents name is Donald J Trump, and I won't abide by the communist liberal agenda. If they want my pennies they'll have to take em by force.

Other urls found in this thread:

data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl
coinnews.net/2017/02/21/penny-costs-1-5-cents/
youtube.com/watch?v=uef6XckoIMw
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salami_slicing
youtu.be/y5UT04p5f7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Using this calculator, the value of 1 penny in 1913 (as far back as the calculator goes) would have the value of $0.25 cents today:
data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

In 1793 that penny would have been worth more. There was no use to create a coin with a value of a fraction of a penny back then, why have such a low valued equivalent today?

Is the us really getting rid of pennies?

>What the hell am I supposed to do with my big jug of pennies if they decide the penny isn't worth anything anymore?
Take them to a bank and exchange them for nickels, dimes, quarters, or dollars.

800000000 pennys minted by the jew.

Pennies actually cost more than $.01 to make, so for every single penny we make, we're losing money as a nation.

It works well in canada. They just round it up or down.
>be leaf
>go to gas station
>put in 2 cents worth of fuel
>replace nozzle repeat until tank full
>free tank of gas
>get jailed for lookin at muslim wrong
Its worked well so far desu senpai

>losing money as a nation.
As OP said, an American tradition.

You had me until

>my presidents name is Donald J Trump

Knowing that you back a traitorous neocon cuck leading us all to extinction, I'm thus compelled to question everything you say. You could be jewish or black instead of human.

Pennies cost more to manufacture than they're actually worth. Nickels, too.

coinnews.net/2017/02/21/penny-costs-1-5-cents/

Why do we continue to manufacture worthless currency? The answer probably has something to do with (((who))) makes a shitload of money selling zinc to the U.S. Mints.

What will I put in the penny press machines?!

how about the jews stop de-valuing our currency?

Don't do it!
It's a slippery slope!
They took away the leafs pennies and now we're all fucking dogs!

The United States used to mint half-pennies until 1857.

No, a cent was worth a cent until we went off the gold standard.

Legally, the lowest denomination of U.S. Currency is the "mil", worth 1/1000 of a U.S. Dollar.

Mils were never manufactured in coin form, BUT we still evidence of them today--- in GASOLINE PRICES.

Why do they charge 9 extra mils instead of just raising the price by one penny? Who knows, it's probably the Jews up to their usual shekel-grubbing kikery.

There would be a grace period before pennies are no longer usable, you will have time to trade in that jug of $5 worth of pennies.

>get jailed for lookin at muslim wrong

Lol.

But yea it's not bad. I still have thousands rolled sitting around. No point in giving them back. I'm sure they'll be useful for something someday

They should get rid of it.

Bullshit, even Obama was against getting rid of the penny because even though doing so would save money, it's too little to be worth having to pass through congress.

youtube.com/watch?v=uef6XckoIMw

Fuck off shariablue.

>(((They're))) coming for my pennies

NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!

You know they took the copper out like 20 years ago, right?

And by "pinko points" are you alluding to a Coinstar transaction?

Fuck pennies, they've been utterly worthless as currency since long before anybody started talking about declaring them worthless.

It's all a relic from a bygone era when little mom & pop stores would try to undercut each other by fucking ten cents, five cents, three cents . . .

It's time we just round everything up or down to a dollar amount. Look merchant, you can charge for this fucking can of bread either four dollars or five.

Not $4.39, Not $4.75, not two for $4.50, fuck you. It's either four, or five. Everything. Galon of gas, graham cracker pie crust, bolt of cloth, everything. Round it up or round it down.

They will be post-apocalypse currency, when the world economy crashes and paper money becomes worthless. We'll all revert to using coins again.

Either that, or you could melt them down and sell the copper.

Tbh its nice to go to a store and have something for exactly 2 dollars etc

Anyone who wants to keep the penny is a retard, you can't buy anything with a penny it costs more then the penny is worth to make said penny. pennies cost you millions if not more in tax payer dollars for something people throw away. as for taking your pennies they dont have to take them they can/should just make it so there no longer legal tender.

>can of bread

Jesus christ, this is real.

I think quarters should be the lowest unit of currency, but yeah, you're basically right. Merchants are constantly playing with pennies, but if you pay $14.81 instead of $14.88 you're not getting a "good deal" because 7 cents is basically a worthless amount.

Oh hey.
A while bwck i found that can in the back of my pantry, i tried it and it tastes like dense bread with too much molasses

Would not recommend

In canada, you do that with loonies now.

Fuck that shit.
Go back to your pile leaf.

How about eliminating pennies, make the dollar (and the 100 pennies that make it up) worth something again.

The FED and the stooges in Washington have led an orchestrated program to devalue it since it's creation.

Make Dollars Great Again!

>Either that, or you could melt them down and sell the zinc.

Fix that for you, and you'll lose money doing that.

bait thread

>2017
>using cash when all currency is fiat
Just use a card, ACH, or electronic currency and make fake money even faker. It's all just a database entry frontended with a COBOL interface no one can maintain in a few years anyway.

It's their cashless society by degree. Then it'll be nickels, dines, quarters, and finally all coins and paper money except the Sacajowea Dollar.

It'll never happen though.

One thing I like to ask people when the topic of pennies comes up, is this:

Is the entertainment value of throwing a penny at something more or less than one cent?

I don't really care either way, but its an interesting way to think of it nonetheless.

They want to take them off the market because the copper is more valuable than the coin itself, not unlike many years ago when coins were once gold, then silver took over, then eventually that even became worth too much so they phased it out. Now the penny is the next step in that they will take them back and melt them for the copper which is worth way more. They already jewed us with this a few years ago.

We should get rid of pennies.
In fact we should just get rid of all physical money and completely digitize the economy. It'd save a shitload of money that goes into producing coins/bills and it would also make counterfeiting practically impossible

Watch grandpa destroy the economy by changing a 1 to a 0.

>What the hell am I supposed to do with my big jug of pennies if they decide the penny isn't worth anything anymore?
If pennies were worth anything you wouldn't have a big jug of them.

Pennies haven't been copper for ages. They're mad of zinc. If they were copper people would be melting them down

Insert a penny in vagina before sexual activity. Say, "A penny for your thoughts."

Pennies are fucking pointless and we have no use for them. I hope we get rid of the.

>Nearly worthless
>Cost more to make than their face value
>Makes accounting more of a pain
>Nobody carries or use them anyways

We still need the penny because it's called fractional banking. Take the penny away and it becomes semi-fractional banking

Let us track all of your transactions! Good goy!

Pretty much any denomination below a quarter is useless today. Pennies and nickels cost more to mint than they're worth. Can't put dimes in gum all machines anymore. Get rid of them and mint dollars. That'll save money.

Those mils go to Jews. Its salami slicing.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salami_slicing

>>be leaf
>>go to gas station
>>put in 2 cents worth of fuel
>>replace nozzle repeat until tank full
>>free tank of gas
fucking kek sounds like a bit straight out of trailer park boys

Fun fact. The ridges on the sides of coins was to stop shyster gold-weighters from filing the sides of gold coins when weighing them

They'd let the gold dust fall to the floor on a mat, then collect up the gold dust at the end of the day, after jewing people out of fractions of a gram of their metal

this
it's literally stupid to keep them around when they cost more to make than their value
that's how you get into debt, by spending more than you make
which is ALSO why America is so credit card happy, we're a debt based society and I'm honestly surprised our economy hasn't collapsed more often

minimum wage going up solves nothing when everything goes up by MORE than minimum wage does
it's why people are moving back with their parents, they can't afford their apartments/houses anymore
you have to work 60+hours a week just to stay afloat
god forbid you have a PART TIME job, then you're totally fucked
you can't trust roommates, even best friends, because of them shorting you on the bill by moving out or even losing THEIR job(s)

basic necessities should be affordable for all

tl;dr
America is fucked up and needs to be fixed

how the fuck do i get change then?

>eg:
If price is $10.01 or $10.02 = gets rounded down to $10.00

If price is $10.03 or $10.04 = gets rounded up to $10.05

They did it here, it's nice not having to much fucking change in your pocket

The cost of making those things is less than their value, pennies need to be subsidised, they can't support their own cost, if you want to keep pennies you're a communist.

They'd still exist for electronic banking purposes, you just stop circulating physical pennies for use in cash transactions.

>less than their value,
*more than

This. Fuck the penny, it is a useless pain in the ass. Just exchange any pennies you have for cash right before they make them valueless.

>Just exchange any pennies you have for cash right before they make them valueless.
They don't become valueless, they just stop circulating new ones.

Those "CoinStar" machines in Canada are owned by the Mint - They encourage you to throw your change in their and they give you a credit, and the Mint takes the pennies and melts them down for the copper, which is worth more than the pennies.

You can always bring them to a bank and they'll take 'em too

Or get rid of the Fed and go back to the gold standard.
That would help.

>filling up that extra $0.02 when paying cash

>Captcha: Select the Gas Stations

How many pennies does it take to buy a burge? The Fuck you need pennies for if they cost more to produce than their actual value.

>filling up that extra $0.02 when paying cash
Damn dude you're gonna put the oil companies out of business like that!

C-can of bread????

t. zinc industry

Face it faggot, pennies are largely useless for common transactions. They're a waste to make, and not worth continuing at the benefit of your feelings and nostalgia.

>my presidents name is Donald J Trump
>my

You mean (((theirs)))

youtu.be/y5UT04p5f7U

His arguments may make a lot sense but good luck getting Congress worked up about passing a law Banning pennies

two pennies have been deposited into your account

Why is there inflation? Why does something that cost $1 in 1900 cost $100 now? There was inflation AND delfation for the entire history of money until 1913. After 1972 inflation has gone nearly exponential.

If they get rid of pennies they will have to admit that the entire reason for the Federal Reserve is to slowly skim all profits from the ENTIRE ECONOMY via inflation. Pennies will go away when physical money goes away. They will probably switch to aluminum or steel pennies soon.