Russia has interests, US doesn't?

Why can't Russia leave Syria?

Why doesn't Russia punish the airfield?

Why is Russia doing nothing?

What is Russia's strategic interest in Syria?

Other urls found in this thread:

understandingwar.org/sites/default/files/IranianStrategyinSyria-1MAY.pdf
archive.is/aUSD8
youtube.com/watch?v=lKqd-flHwHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What is Russia's strategic interest in Syria?
A warm water port.

Russia was invited by Assad, the US was told to fuck off.

US doesnt have any interest in denying that to Russia?

Why did Russia accept?

Only if we're going to war with them which I find unacceptable.

Because they are allies and they need a port that isn't in the Arctic.

Crimea has a warm water port

So when are you going to recognize it?

It doesn't matter, Russia still has a warm eater port

We're also trying to take that away from them.
Syria is still their ally. How often do we just allow Russia topple our allies? How many of their allies have we toppled?
Seems like we're just endlessly fucking over them and their allies. Probably because our allies(europe) like to autistically screech about them all the fucking time. Seems like it would be better to just cut Europe in half and have Russia as an ally. Europe's dead anyway and their influence is slowly killing the American way of life.

The Islamic Republic of Iran has conducted an extensive, expensive, and integrated effort to keep President Bashar al-Assad in power as long as possible while setting conditions to retain its ability to use Syrian territory and assets to pursue its regional interests should Assad fall.

understandingwar.org/sites/default/files/IranianStrategyinSyria-1MAY.pdf

Okay, Russia does have a warm water port

Does having a port there help or hurt the US and it's allies?

Also Kaliningrad

Doesn't bother us but it makes our "allies" screech.
I can't say I really care because I don't care for being a part of the international community.

Why doesnt Russia just buy a warm water port?

'We can no longer tolerate the current state of affairs in the world'
Putin UN Speech September 2015 - full speech archive.is/aUSD8

The USA doesnt need allies?

Are you Russian?

We need better allies. The EU is no ally. They are just waiting for an opportune moment to stick a knife in our back.

USA should reject Europe as an ally.

Are you insane?

Ally with who? Russia?

All allies are imperfect relationships.

Get over it

>Ally with who? Russia?
Yes. Our alliance with EU is a one way street. Russia just needs a strong partner and wealth could be brought to the both of us. The Soviet Union is long dead. The communists have spread their ideology into the west.
We have more in common with the russians than we do with the euros.

lurk more

Whilst the European goverments support the US the European people had enough of the warmongering years ago. Maybe not exactly a knife in the back but would like to see the US restrained and bought down a peg or two. Many Europeans are wising up to the fact that the rapefugee problem is at least partly due to US meddling in the middle east yet again. Burgers stay home and leave the rest of the world in peace

>not exactly a knife in the back but would like to see the US restrained and bought down a peg or two.
Sounds exactly like a knife in the back. That's not ally behavior. I would never want to come to your aid due to this.

Why can't USA leave Syria?

Why does USA bomb the airfield?

Why is USA doing this?

What is USA's strategic interest in Syria?

Don't like the truth? The US meddling in the middle east since the invasion of Afghanistan has caused many problems.Why not just man up and admit what your government has done in the last two/three decades is nothing but a long list of crimes against humanity, from invading countries based on lies to spreading untold amounts of depleted uranium on civilians. Just admit your government doesn't work for peace but profit and power regardless of the amount of human misery and suffering.

I'm well aware of the crimes of my own nation but you're apparently blind to the fact that all of our allies are complicit, especially yours. You definitely have no room to pin blame on anyone because YOUR leaders are always in on it.
Don't tell me to acknowledge my nation's sins while your country is just as much to blame.

Geopolitics. Simply:
>Warm water port at Tartus
>Protecting russia-europe gas from a qatar pipeline that'll go through syria if assad is removed
>Looking weak backing down
>It's Russia's backyard and america should fuck off / Russia getting sick of America
>Kalibr missile is going to fuck shit up hard

Jesus Christ, calm down with your spacing, mate.

>Americans when they try to go to war

The entire region is a massive oil boon for whoever controls it. If the US and NATO back down and allow Iran/Syria to bring stability, it would be likely Assad would be looked at as the hero who saved the middle east. Countries around the world would cease to deal in US dollars and holding worthless paper that buys 2nd class American products. BRICS countries products would dominate the global markets and with the substantially higher populations of these countries thus larger manufacturing base, it will be impossible for the combined productivity of the Western world to ever retake any level of economic hegemony ever again.

youtube.com/watch?v=lKqd-flHwHc

The difference between my government and yours is yours are the ones so eager to lead the glorious charge into battle. I have no illusions as to how complicit my own government is in those war crimes believe me. My government is sly, it likes the fact yours is gungho and arrogant. Yours gets the glory it craves while mine rides the coattails so to speak. One thing is clear though, if Trump had kept to his word and stayed out of the middle east and gone isolationist the UK wouldn't be so eager to call for invasions and wars. Same with other European countries. Take the mad dog from the pack and the hounds quiet down...

It's also in the black sea. And Turkey(NATO) control the bosphoros

I think it's interesting

>RT is Russian propaganda
>CNN is American propaganda

The truth lies somewhere in between
>USA:assad bad
>RUS: Yes but they're our ally and saddam was bad and what came after him was worse
>RUS: Saudis bad
>USA: Yes but they're our ally so they're the good kind of bad!

Que bono?
>weapons manufacturers / military complexes of both countries
>people in power look strong on defense
>other politicians used war to grab more power over their own people
> etc etc etc etc
This jockeying is a prekude to a larger conflict. Trump will bomb syria again,North Korea will be taken out within 3 months (screenshot this) and the war machine will continue on.

Who will stop it? No one benefits from peace except the people. No one cares about the people. They show dead kids on Fox News talking about taking down assad but not the photos of the decapitated little kid.

Why ? He was decapitated by US backed rebels.

>mine rides the coattails so to speak.
Yours holds the reins. One does not work without the other.

Are you fucking retarted? Fuck off with your zero contribution rhetorical questions. Literally kys.