2017 Year - USA still cannot into space

12 April was declared as the International Day of Human Space Flight in dedication of the first manned space flight made on 12 April 1961 by the 27-year-old Russian Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin. Gagarin circled the Earth for 1 hour and 48 minutes aboard the Vostok 1 spacecraft.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367857/US-intercepted-Russian-cosmonaut-Vladimir-Komarovs-final-words-rage.html
nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/lro-earthrise-2015
nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/revisited/#.WO1SEG_yuUk
youtube.com/watch?v=bpX6HHBdEwo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NlXG0REiVzE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_2
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salyut_1
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mir
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YKbdH7a2IZw
youtube.com/watch?v=uD1loPlucDk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=b270ka2eB_4
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1491950058191.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yea, but who landed on the moon and started the ISS?

watch out boris....if we werent buying seats from you where would your program be currently?

Thank you mr. Kubrick for "landed on the moon".

We do not need foreign money to develop our space program. This money just a nice addition to our budget.

>ISS
You missed "I", mate.

HA-HA-HA!!!

Orbiting Earth in the spaceship, I saw how beautiful our planet is. People, let us preserve and increase this beauty, not destroy it!

Yuri Gagarin.

And Russia still cannot into 1st world

Cool story, bro.

>Thank you mr. Kubrick for "landed on the moon".
You wish, faggot. Stay jealous.

Didn't the Americans get a robot to Mars?

Moon program in progress

What, this old thing? It's like the 5th robot we landed on Mars.

We need to bring back the space race and rocket dick-waving. I don't care who wins, but obviously competing with each other is the only thing that will drive us to expand outwards.

So in order to force humanity forward:
>Russia, the moon is rightful American clay
>China, please, are you even trying
>Europe fucks up landing on space rocks
>Japan will never reach Mars

Totally dude. Whatever makes you feel better. Your government has fucked over your country so bad, I feel bad talking shit about it, so I'll let you believe whatever fairy tale you need to.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367857/US-intercepted-Russian-cosmonaut-Vladimir-Komarovs-final-words-rage.html

You needed russian rockets to get shit up there

>(((TIME)))

There is a space race going on right now and spacex is winning.

What the fuck do you think the "I" in "ISS" stands for? Not to mention, most of the big parts were delivered aboard US space shuttles.

Waiting for commercial launches, not sponsored by the government

Probably the wrong clip.

So what does the Earth look like from the moon? NASA seems confused.

Is it this?

Or this?

From Wiki : "Commercial contracts
The Falcon 9 carrying the SES-8 communications satellite into orbit.

SpaceX announced in March 2010, that it had been contracted to launch SES-8, a telecommunications satellite for SES S.A.; it was successfully launched in December 2013.[176] SES-8 was SpaceX's first launch of a geostationary comsat, signalling its entrance into the lucrative commercial launch market.[37][37][176] In June 2010, SpaceX was awarded the largest-ever commercial launch contract, worth $492 million, to launch Iridium satellites using Falcon 9 rockets.[177] As of December 2013, SpaceX has a total of 50 future launches under contract; two-thirds of them are for commercial customers.[36]"

>NASA seems confused.
You must be retarded. That is not from NASA.

USA also loves to fry their astronauts

We can "into space" whenever we want. But I guess when you're Russian, you have to lie to compensate for your inadequacies. Nigger.

>Focal length is black magic

Maybe you need to castrate yourself. Depends on the point you are attempting to make. Here, this one is from NASA, now stop being willfully retarded, or castrate yourself. It's ok to be this retarded, but ONLY if you remove your ability to breed.

Trip confirms image accuracy

nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/lro-earthrise-2015

Russians are heroes, I respect Russians more then any group.

GLORY TO MOTHER RUSSIA!!!!!

(((Moon landing)))

Long live Kazakhstan, the pioneers of space exploration.

kinda different when you know your spacecraft is fucked and it's essentially a suicide mission.

Please continue your "Mars program" :)

>nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/lro-earthrise-2015
My bad, I thought it was from the Chinese orbiter. If you think it is fake, you definitely need to remove your testicles. Any metal object will do (no scalpel needed) and it doesn't need to be sterile since dying of sepsis is ok if you are a flat earther/moon landing denier/space denier.

nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/revisited/#.WO1SEG_yuUk

Oh look! Pictures of the Apollo landing sites taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. It also took pictures of your own Lunkhold rovers, and found one of them again!

We can't trust pictures taken by a NASA satellite, you say? Well, you could take pictures with your own satellite around the Moon - IF YOU HAD ONE! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

(((Mountain of Negroes)))

fuck off
:^)

Will do. The landers in the picture are used to test new software and fixes and whatnot. Cool pic, thanks!

Nigga we have multiple civilian corporations taking shit intonepace and more on the way. We also have that secret x37b or whatever that shit is called, Air Force space plane flying around in space. Good luck with your Muslim ingestion, see ya on the moooon

That's extremely sad.

Both deserve the title heroes. As do all the lost Cosmonauts who were forgotten in history but nonetheless were the soldiers on the front lines of scientific discovery.

>B-but moon landings mom.
Russians did all the 1st in space race, get over it..

Challenger mission - When you launched astronauts separately from shuttle

Poland cannot into space

Not really, you jealous dirty beaner. Why do you even come on Sup Forums? You know we don't like subhumans around here.

You're an idiot with no knowledge of how cameras work.

I know landing on the moon is a great achievement but the Russians had the U.S beat at pretty much every other achievement (First to put an artificial satellite in orbit, First human orbit, First to go to the moon and first to land on another planet ect). I think if Sergei Korolev hadn't of died then perhaps you would have been beaten again.

>when a weapon meant to kill Capitalists just incinerates all your rocket """scientists"""

youtube.com/watch?v=bpX6HHBdEwo

135 successful missions and only 2 failures. Those SRB's can be tricky. I wonder what the record for the Buran would be if it ever flew with a crew. It really is a shame that neither of our countries have a reusable launch vehicle. You guys were so close, why did you give up?

>I know landing on the moon is a great achievement but the Russians had the U.S beat at pretty much every other achievement

By a matter of months, at best - and they only achieved that by pissing away safety checks and regulations that got more than a few of their own Cosmonauts killed. And there were other things they outright lied about - like the dog they launched into orbit, whom died within hours of launch, because the cooling system on the ship didn't work. There had been no time to properly test and design it, but hey, fuck it - just like to the capitalists about it, that'll make it all better!

This. We won the game and decided it had little replay value.

Don't care what you think.
Still, the russians won the space race and you can't accept that after +50 years, kek.

FUCKING SAVED.

Meanwhile ;_;

RIP Little Bird

ATTABOY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NlXG0REiVzE
>funny....

>"Who landed on the moon first?"

Russia landed on the moon first.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_2
>"Who started the ISS?"

If you mean "who had the first space station?" That was also Russia.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salyut_1

If you mean who had the first MODULAR space station that was also Russia.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mir

It's funny watching you guys brag about how much more advanced the USSR was when it was so fucked that it couldn't even survive three quarters of a century and only lasted that long because of absolute despotism keeping things together

Also

> First woman in space
> Relevant

KEK

If it doesn't hurt you to see it, Idk anymore

>be russian
>cold war raging cold
>geopolitical struggle to control/influence the world
>losing because dirty commies
>want a break from it all
>get drunk
>go outside and look up at the sky
>Americans have taken the moon
>can't look up anymore

USA is vastly better than other countries at Solar System exploration, we have what, 3 rovers on Mars and no other country has even managed to land one?

Not to mention Hubble, the Space Station (okay the Russians help), and radio astronomy.

Here, have a rare Shuttle.

Didn't USSR land a rover on Venus like 50 years before the US landed their first?

Better days.

Russia got to the moon before you did.

It's the equivalent of a guy fucking a virgin girl first but you bragging for decades because you dated her afterwards.

Same with all the other space achievements that begin with "First American that..."

Yeah. Russia swept the board before you finally managed to get one little thing in.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YKbdH7a2IZw
Nasa cgi professional

the one we have there now is the size of an SUV

Fly on my soviet friend

youtube.com/watch?v=uD1loPlucDk

Even if was a matter of months. You were still beaten. Also what about their unmanned programs?. They were launching stuff to the moon while your rockets were exploding on the pad. Even with the help of Von Braun. You were lagging behind.

>it couldn't even survive three quarters of a century
Let's see how long the US empire will last. We're already seeing it crumbling.

dumbass, how about venus? or this

can you guys hurry up and stop being poor

the US in general is in a sharp decline and diversity muslim outreach global warming NASA is pathetic

Russians always had awesome nuclear and space tech, I want to see humans keep advancing after the west literally cucks itself out of existence

>By a matter of months, at best

You beat them to the moon by two weeks... or did US propaganda not teach that?

Soviet moon program in progress

Poland can't into space

Look who's talking mister 56%

Too late for it mates. We are slowly, but surely are getting choked to death. Glory days are things from a long past history.

You just can't go through few revolutions, two wars that took several millions of your population, gommunism and Putin's mafia state without facing any repercussions.

Coming soon....

I was going copy the list of russian space accomplishments and firsts here but the comment was too long.

I don't have that problem with the american list. :^)

Also Russia got to the moon before america did.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b270ka2eB_4
They have a nice hymn too
>making this my ringtone

>video gets to discussing gagarin
>shows a mercury launch

Yes Venera 1 was called

Let's honor brave cosmonauts that died in space

> the first manned flyby was scheduled for mid-1967, and the first manned landing for the end of 1968. Korolev's death, along with various technical and administrative reasons, as well as a lack of financial support, resulted in both programs being delayed.

USA BTFO, based Korolev would have raped you... and you had Von Braun and his staff and research.

How can the US fail so much?

>Soviet Union
>Russia

Here's the webm. Just in case we ever get to post webms with audio, so you can rub it in the ruskies' faces when they start acting up.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1491950058191.webm

See you next year....

cyberpunk as fuck

Incorrect

One of my favorite missions tbqhwy. What a badass probe.

Can your country do this?

>rare words on pol I love cyberpunk

We'll see

NASA uses metric

Because the Soviet Union ran out of cash, and the Russian Federation was even more bankrupt

Really, I do wish the Soviet Union was still around, just so that the United States could have another true superpower to compete with, and occasionally cooperate with

Besides, tricolors are shit