Why are you against green technology?

Why are you against green technology?

>One way to stop the ever-growing pile of plastic water bottles in landfills? Make a bottle people can eat.

>Inspired by techniques from molecular gastronomy, three London-based industrial design students created Ooho, a blob-like water container that they say is easy and cheap to make, strong, hygienic, biodegradable, and edible.
fastcompany.com/3028012/this-edible-blob-is-a-water-bottle-without-the-plastic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRGJGNXijMA
fastcompany.com/3028012/this-edible-blob-is-a-water-bottle-without-the-plastic
reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/64r241/water_balls_as_a_solution_to_limit_plastic_water/?sort=confidence&utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_name=frontpage&utm_source=reddit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We future now

how are you going to transport and sell them?
where is the profit?

Eat this edible plastic bag goyi... Fellow Earth lover! It isn't loaded with estrogen, I promise!

Its about time

What is the sack made of? Does it have any negative effects on the human body when ingested?

Or just use a fucking glass cup
Jesus

why use this when you can just use a permanent water bottle made out of metal or hard plastic?

>profit

jew get out

>PLASTIC IS BAD
>so instead of potentially being exposed to minute forms of toxins and such from plastic, we're just going to feed that minute amount to you directly

this world

I'd rather not eat plastic thanks

How is it stored? Just as the blob?

What if it's dropped in like dust or anything, does that mean I need to eat the dusty blob part just to get the water?

Profit is just an indicator of success or if something is needed at all.

Get out commie...

Fucking nobody is going to help produce it if there isn't any profit

Probably gelatin, or like jello or melty listerine strip shit which are both also gelatin most likely

Maybe public water companies can filter out the hormones so we don't have to drink water out of a bottle.

there's some kind of thin plastic film covering it that you have to remove.

expect most of them to explode during transport.

Soda blob gets handled by guys on assembly line, handled by a loading guy, handled by another loading guy at distributor, handled by another loading guy at store, sits in a dusty ass storage room, fondled by stock person...and then i'm supposed to...eat it? Only way that is sanitary is if it comes sealed from the factory in another plastic container which kind of defeats the purpose.

doomed to failure, just like every other green tech. Petrol is king!

>Blob you eat made to remove plastic pollution
>Has to be shielded from bacteria and contaminants
>Must be sold in plastic

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Or store them in plastic bottles. Oh.

recycled cardboard egg cartons? thought of that in 5 seconds

use your brain negro

why would i want to eat a blob, that stands on some warehouse with rat piss and dust, or detergent, or whatever

retarded, gtfo

high fructose corn starch

>Even the promo video shows it spilling water everywhere
>Not just using the official reusable water bottle of the friendly water filter salesman

>Why are you against green technology?
I'm not. No one on Sup Forums should be.

Edible water blub that contains 93% water already exist.
Its called watermelon

do you know how dirty the outside of a bottle can get?

this episode of black mirror isn't actually that bad

>What is the secret of Soylent Green?
What is the secret of Soylent Green?

Calcium chloride mixed into a liquid mixture. Placed into a mold of some sort. It then gets frozen, and placed into a solution of water and sodium alginate. And boom hipster water.

no one is eating that

> Why are you against green technology?

Who is against this? What argument could you even have against this?

Better yet we could have the source of water at central points where people can use one container and just Refill it when necessary.

>make it something you have to eat
>give it to people who live in dust piles

Great fucking plan, skyler.

only really took off with blacks honestly.

libshits dont really buy that, they would rather eat their 2000 calorie chipotle with a plastic bottle of diet coke.

This.
Glad I didn't have to type that out.

>Americans invent way to eat deep fried water

How fat are we getting america?!

I don't even get the point in water bottles or water in general. This is due to the vegan life style. I eat raw meat 5 times a day and it not only feeds me but hydrates as well. Dead animals are 100% biodegradable as well. I swear the pussification of men knows no bounds.

>water filter
what?

Unless you live in the 3rd world you don't have to filter tap water.

I use the tap water bottle...but any bottle will do.

Bottles are useful.

youtube.com/watch?v=iRGJGNXijMA

I can't wait to eat water ballsacks that have been handled by countless grimy, shitstained hands of complexionally impaired retail plebs.

>Ooho

Why are scientists so bad at branding?

Once again Sup Forums is being contrarian for the sake for being contrarian; Being against green technologies because *why the fuck not*?

This is why no one takes you seriously. This story currently has 12k upvotes on /r/All. Think about that for a minute.

Anti-intellectualism is the bane of society.

>company wants to turn a profit
>somehow jewish
I need all middle schoolers to leave

>Drink tapwater in America
>Get autism
You need a filter for the fluoride bro.

At least it will use less plastic.

Just like every "green" and "tiny house" is some millionaire architects pet project. This too is some dumb hipster overly engineered attention grab.

The solution is to not be a nigger and reuse and recycle.

Who said we were against green technology?

Conservationism used to be a right-wing thing, you know. Back before the global warming meme was used to scare everyone into buying carbon credits and get sweet selective tax breaks and government grants.

>communism
jewish
>capitalism
jewish
>fascism
jewish
>democracy
jewish
>palace economy
jewish
>gift economy
jewish
>Jewishness
white
>chemtrails
jewish
>anyone on Sup Forums besides (you)
jewish
>dinosaurs
jewish
>opinions
jewish

Probably causes cancer and tits, but otherwise hurrah

>Not washing down that delicious Triple-Stacked Deep Fried Turkey-Butt(™)burger down with a refreshing to the touch(™) Deep Friend Water

Ishiggy'd

If water bottle companies just started packaging bottles that could be reused - not this flimsey shit with caps that break if you look at them wrong - then people could just buy a single water bottle and refill it throughout the week or month.

complexionally impaired

I'm fucking dead

Oh shit

>fastcompany.com/3028012/this-edible-blob-is-a-water-bottle-without-the-plastic
"A compound made from brown algae and calcium chloride creates a gel around the water."
Can you stupid fuckers even read?
Why the fuck are you so confident in your own retard opinions when you haven't even read shit?
Like fuck I don't even know that this blob bullshit even makes sense but I at least took the time to look at the article for a minute before releasing my smug yet ignorant opinion into the world holy shit I'm mad it literally says "without-the-plastic" in the link all you had to do was look.

>One way to stop the ever-growing pile of plastic water bottles in landfills? Make a bottle people can eat.

Imagine if corporations were not greedy and people were not wimpy and everyone went back to using glass bottles and containers.

Glass is already healthy and environmentally friendly. All it would take to improve its sustainability is a better recycling system.

Obviously that will never happen.

>Talking about Reddit
Have a (((You)))

>We Tap Water

I watched a youtube video on how to make your own a while back and supposedly the process makes the water sour or bitter or something.
I don't remember exactly but having a reusable water bottle is better than that single swallow bullshit of a blob

So what's the nutritional value of this seaweed material and how much of it is recommended for daily ingestion?

Yeah, so you have to have a very clean environment or the things will be covered in dirt in no time flat and then the niggers won't want any.

I got a cheap solution that doesn't get the water dirty!

What about a plastic non degreadable wrapper on that so the part I eat isn't in direct contact with the Indian slave labour kids hads

Retard.
reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/64r241/water_balls_as_a_solution_to_limit_plastic_water/?sort=confidence&utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_name=frontpage&utm_source=reddit

>live in india
>accidentally drop your ooho on the ground in the poopoo
>now you must choose between wasting water washing your ooho, wasting water discarding your ooho, or eating the poopoo
>you know what you must do

This is the process by which ALL food is shipped, user.

Unless you live on a farm, dozens of hands touch that salad before you eat it.

/thread

whats the point of buying bottled water if your just gonna end up using it for tap water fucking retard

>unironically linking to reddit

>schilling hard for something he knows nothing about yet

why are you against people being legitimately and justifiably concerned about what they ingest into their body ?

>comes to Sup Forums
>complains
>talks about other site

Just fucking stay there you filthy nigger

1% increase in your tap water use + one or so new bottle a year = not enough broken windows to keep everyone employed.

>calcium chloride
no thanks I don't want to be sterile

I'm not against green technology at all. It just isn't effective enough to cover the needs of the world yet.

Meanwhile, the world and society needs to, you know, keep on spinning

>This story currently has 12k upvotes on /r/All. Think about that for a minute.

you can't make this shit up, folks

No one here gives a fuck about enviromental shit. Take this hippie shit back to plebbit faggot.

Linking to reddit from herewill get you shadow banned on there reddit friend.

>Hygenic
How?

You're touching the bottle, which you "eat", and you're transporting something you consume.. without a container.

Unless there IS a container around this, making the whole thing pointless in the first place

Lol why would I feel ashamed that I go to Reddit? You realize we mock you there right?

Seriously, just take a step back and look at what you're doing. You're against green technology simply because it's green. You're a conservative for the sake of being conservative. You don't even bother to think about these kinds of issues, because JEWS JEWS JEWS.

Fuck this, I'm out.

2 ounces of water when I'm thirsty along with this fucking choking hazard. This will sell real well.

>brown algae
fiber and protein

> calcium chloride
the part that solidifies the water, probably causes a tiny amount of salt taste. Also gives you calcium.

>This story currently has 12k upvotes on /r/All

you have to go back fagass

This edible packaging meme has been popping up for years now
I am yet to encounter anything actually wrapped in it

>upvotes
Making idealistic faggots feel good doesn't mean its a brilliant idea.

Because reddit just delete shit they don't like

Fake news

It's quite obvious the Jews are behind this

OY VEYYYYY GOY JUST EAT THIS BAG

THAT WILL BE $15 FOR 500mL NO REFUNDS!

Good. Fuck off redditnigger. We hate you here. Your ridicule means fuck all since you're all a bunch of raging faggots.

>Why are you against green technology?
Life was a mistake I'd like to fuck up the planet the fastest I can

Nope, I am completely FOR it. What I'm against is forcing it down our throats and making western economies uncompetitive because of "muh co2"

>says fuck this i'm out
>won't really leave

Against green technology because you do not generate any profit. You look to solve a problem without looking at the biggest one first. The fact you overlook it tells us all we need to know about reddit and why people over there fall for shit like this and also why it ends up on facebook.
You are fools.

>one of the highest sources of salmonella in the food group's storage container tgats also incredibly proud, thus removing the ability to sanitize.
Keep thinking nigger

I bet that bag is 100% pure xeno-estrogen. If you're a man and you don't drink water out of a stainless steel drink bottle then you may as well chop your balls off now.

radical sales pitch
>it's like a 1 ounce condom you can snack on after you drink out of it

enjoy your fluoride filled no gains

>You realize we mock you there right?

Oh no, don't do that! Don't mock us whatever shall we do?

>stop eating food dot jay pee gee