Should America switch to the metric system?

Should America switch to the metric system?

Other urls found in this thread:

diffordsguide.com/encyclopedia/235/bws/bottle-sizes-the-worlds-mandatory-bottle-sizes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megabyte
youtu.be/U6xJfP7-HCc
hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/metric-system/
joeydevilla.com/2008/08/13/countries-that-dont-use-the-metric-system/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The metric system was only invented because frogs wanted the length of their cock to sound bigger.

Fpbp

It'd make things easier, like distance and weight measurements, and gauging forces since pounds is treated as a weight instead of a force by most people since no one ever says "I weigh 4.81755 slugs". But we're already used to lb/in/sec usage in normal life, and telling people we're converting to g/mm/sec would be weird for autists who can't handle seeing km/h speed limits and being told they weigh kilograms, although it might make the fat fucks feel better to have a 2 digit weight in kg instead of triple digit lbs.

Should've done it years ago. The fact that we still measure distances using a no-name, Britfag's feet is an affront to all that is American.

Came here to post a serious reply but shit, I'm done.

>treated as a weight instead of a force
Weight is a force. You are thinking of mass.
>autists
Has this word just become a generalized insult with no real meaning, kind of like the word gay was back in the early 2000s?

Yes.

At least you don't use 'stones' though.

The big problem with customary units is dealing with energy. Any thermodynamics problem is made atleast twice as hard as it should be with SI units.

>posting the edited version
Metricucks pls go

1000ml = 1 liter
1 Liter of water = 1KG

No. What do you want us to start playing football on a 91.44 meter field?

For science and engineering, yes.

Day-to-day use, why bother. I would drink that liter ounce by ounce.

fucking kek

No.

Thats what happens when you unironically run the world, you can force whole continents to learn your weird way of doing things

Why? Cuz fuck em thats why

fuck you

It doesn't matter. Just let people and businesses use whatever system they want.

This. Fuck OP didn't you learn that in middle school like the rest of us?

I'd be opposed to a different measuring system being introduced to Australia simply because it'd be different and annoying. I can understand why the US wouldn't want to change. The metric system is better in almost every way though.

>The standard liquor bottle size in the US is 750ml
>The standard liquor bottle size in Europe is 700ml
How does it feel to be Jewed out of an extra shot of the liquid Jew, Yurocucks?

omg i almost died laughing

That is highly inefficient.

theres no inherent benefit to one or the other in the current year

the DUDE ITS BASE 10 argument is made rather irrelevant by the fact that 95+% of people have a calculator on one or more electronic devices they carry every day

Fuck no

*at room temperature and 1 atm pressure

>The metric system is better in almost every way though.

Why is it "better"?
Is it more accurate?
Is it tied to a universal constant? (when it was created, not a convenient retcon)
Or, as I suspect, is it just another random measurement imposed on a constantly expanding universe?

Keep in mind that one AU is now defined as exactly 149597870700 metres, nevermind that the Earth has an elliptical orbit.

And, nevermind that the distance from the Earth to the sun has fuckall to do with universal constants.

It's better, because Metric System!

I call bullshit.

No, we're leaders not followers.

kek

>Has this word just become a generalized insult
Yeah, pretty much.

Wait, really? I thought a fifth was universal?

Because it's a decimal system which is base 10.

It's weird the US would be so keen to continue using the Imperial system considering it was ordered by the King of England. It's called the Imperial system for a reason.

I propose the imperialetric system.
Forget everything you know about inches and meters
For distance:
10 nails in every millimeter
10 millimeters in every toe
10 toes in every inch
10 inches in every foot
10 feet in every meter
10 meters in every yard
10 yards in a kilometer
10 kilometers in a mile

For sound its:
10 breaths in every whisper
10 whispers in every spaech
10 spaeches in every "inside voice"
10 "inside voices" in every "outside voice"
10 "outside voices" in every yell
10 yells in every roar
10 roars in every REEE*
*after 3 E's in "REEE" a new letter 'E' will be added after a REEE is multiplied. (example, REEEx2 = REEEE, REEEx3 = REEEEE, and so on)
Mass:
10 pots in a belly
10 bellys in a muffin
10 muffins in a tire
10 tires in a ham
10 hams in a planete (pronounced "planet")
10 planetes in a starr (pronounced "star")
10 galaxeys in a galaxey (pronounced "galaxy")
Weight:
10 blinks in a Stallone Eyelid
10 Stallone Eyelids in a Chinese Dynasty Earlobe
10 Dynasty Earlobes in a Chin Roll
10 Chin Rolls in a Droop
10 Droops in a Slouch
10 Slouches in a Crawel (pronounced "Crawl")
10 Crawels in a Slitherr (pronounced "Slither")

Please let me know what you guys think, or if there should be any adjustments made.

Fuck, I'm on board. 10 yells if you agree!

10 Starrs in a Galaxey, sorry*

disregarded

>no middle finger and menorah
FUCKING JIDF

diffordsguide.com/encyclopedia/235/bws/bottle-sizes-the-worlds-mandatory-bottle-sizes
EU fucking everything up before it was cool to fuck everything up. It doesn't mention it on this article, but the standard beer bottle size in the EU is 330ml, or 11.2oz No wonder the Brits wanted out.

>switch to metric
>large sodas sound bigger
>we sound fatter

It's actually the u.s customary an imperial gallon for example is smaller then a u.s. gallon because the Brits changed and standardized their system after u.s Independence

NO

the metric system is the first step to full communism

t. Hitchens (he's right)

>Because it's a decimal system which is base 10.

Explain how a gigabyte can be 1024 megabytes.

When answering, remember that base2 is heresy against the Holy base10 system of measurement.

MiB and MB are not the same thing. Hard drives and usb are purposely sold with misleading storage amounts listed because most people are good goys.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megabyte

checked
watch this though

With a constant acceleration, aka gravity, using weight is not wrong.

>1 Liter of water = 1KG
So, like 2.2 lbs.?

>Please let me know what you guys think, or if there should be any adjustments made.

I think best adjustment would be for you to take your own life.

Gravity is slightly weaker at higher altitudes, although it is negligible. I meant to say it wasn't a unit of mass like kg is, but I was corrected by .

What's the mass of 900 ml of mercury?
How about finding the volume of 2.5 KG lead?
Can't solve it without looking it up? Well, then metric is arbitrary AF too.

>a bunch of shit was renamed in 1998

Sounds almost like a metric system.
There are still other bases for numeric systems than 10.

Why haven't Euros switched to base10 for time?
Going to work at 3.33 bongs and clocking out at 7.08 bongs makes perfect sense, right?

But how do I measure my privilege? Good boy points? (you)s?

I have no fucking clue and it's just absurd. I'm just glad I have 2 TiB of usable storage in my desktop to store all my shit.

No.
We don't need you in metric system.

It's the only way we can speak without you understanding

My ancestors didn't fight tooth and nail to use the measurement system of the Devil himself.

we can understand you with a bit of conversion, just too lazy tbqfhwyf

>I'm just glad I have 2 TiB of usable storage in my desktop to store all my shit.

Welcome to 2009, or whatever the fuck year it would be in the metric system.

mega kek

Yes, while I believe it place an important place in learning and thought. The utility and general pragmatism of the metric system out ways it's benefits.

So many typos, I quit for tonight. Night guiz.

>Why is it "better"?
easier conversions between units. based on science shit.
>Keep in mind that one AU is now defined as >exactly 149597870700 metres, nevermind that >the Earth has an elliptical orbit.
1 AU is the average of the distance from the Earth to the sun, retard.

We should switch to the metric system, but also base 12 while we're at it.

lyl

No. Americans already use the metric system in science and engineering and I saw this firsthand in my internship. How you measure your dicks and roads is not anyone's else concern. Stick to what is easier to you.

I unironically shill for the dozenal system every chance I get.
youtu.be/U6xJfP7-HCc

No, it's clearly perfect.

OP is a faggot

Explain.

*starts singing national anthem

>earth orbiting the sun
nu/pol/ please go and stay go

Dleete this

good shit

France tried during the revolution but peasants and shit were just too attached. time was, at the time, a bit more standardized than everything else.
it would be pretty cool, though.

hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/metric-system/

Also, never drink skimmed milk

The metric system needs to switch to American

>1 AU is the average of the distance from the Earth to the sun, retard.

Which corresponds to what, exactly?
Is there some miraculous relation to metric volume that I'm missing here?

>one 100,000,000,000,000,000th of an AU, cubed, is OP's mother's cup size, at sea level, in a vacuum, at a temperature of 0C

good photo, well maymed

you only force yourselves. rest of the world is normal

my take was
>REEEEEEEEEE HITLER USED METRES
which is retarded.
Hitler drank water, should I dehydrate to death out of spite?

That makes much more sense tbqh

Noice
saved

FPBP

Stay where you are

no, just correcting the 'tard above me.

America should switch to weed. Alcohol has been a disaster.

how are Liberia and Myanmar's moon stations doing?
joeydevilla.com/2008/08/13/countries-that-dont-use-the-metric-system/

>I unironically shill for the dozenal system every chance I get.
Me too bro. But in this case I mostly do it because whenever someone mentions metric and how "logical" the system is, what they're really asking for is to get the US to switch to the same system as everyone else. I like to subvert that by suggesting an even more logical system and watching as they try to weasel out of it.

>no, just correcting the 'tard above me.

I am the 'tard above you, you fucking mong.
Now explain how one AU converts to jack shit, other than the "average" distance from the earth to the sun.

You know, since metric units were designed for easy conversion.

metric units have nothing to do with AUs
meter is defined by more concrete shit eg the speed of light and time
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre
>The metre is defined as the length of the path >travelled by light in a vacuum in 1/299 792 458 >seconds.

how is it more logical?
just curious

see:

>meter is defined by more concrete shit eg the speed of light and time

The meter was originally defined as 1/10,000,000th of the distance from the North Pole to the equator along an imaginary meridian that would run through Paris, but because the faggot calculated wrong, it was later retconned to be the distance travelled by light in 1/299,792,458th of a second, in a vacuum.

So, once again, explain how the metric system is more scientific than other systems of measurement.
Unless you believe that the size of the earth is a holy measurement of some sort.

>The imperial system can be graphed in a way that looks asymmetric. This is somehow considered a serious argument against it's practicality.

everything humans use to classify or quantify is arbitrary

And society is a social construct you stupid fuck, your post has no value.

fuck my sides

society is a function of nature the base unit of length is not

No, we're not fucking Canada.

Two Poles are building a house. One of them is putting on the siding. He picks up a nail, hammers it in. Picks up another nail, throws it away. Picks up a nail, hammers it in. Picks up another, throws it away. This goes on for a while, and finally his friend comes over and asks him why he is throwing half of the nails away. He replies, "Those ones were pointed on the wrong end." His friend gets exasperated and says "You idiot, those are for the other side of the house!"