I'm a christian, born and raised. debunk my religion Sup Forums. why shouldn't i believe what i believe?

i'm a christian, born and raised. debunk my religion Sup Forums. why shouldn't i believe what i believe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JiMqzN_YSXU
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAGbKJNDrRa6GNL0iL4KoOj
youtube.com/watch?v=Xruky-Ps1Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=XLWzFda6C60
youtube.com/watch?v=KIHqwCqO0uU
youtube.com/watch?v=BCnk33CF50o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No gonna lie ex-christian here. I used to be christian until i realized the bible is abook of madeup fairy tales. But seriously we cant let Trump get ahold of the nuclear launch codes.

>why shouldn't i believe what i believe?
Because it doesn't make any sense and is irrational. It makes you like a dumb child.

You should. Keeping the retarded masses from turning this planet into a degenerate nightmare is a good thing not a bad thing. Most people who believe this shit are better off being lied to anyway just to get them motivated to preform their menial labor jobs. Fucking neanderthals.

all religions are shit, that's what god told me

You need to come up with that conclusion on your own, being religious is about faith, if you don't have faith then its going to be hard to believe.

I find the Bible is one thing, Jesus is another.

Its unsound to believe something you cannot empirically prove and the existence or lack thereof of God is beyond human capacity to prove or disprove

>using faith
>2017

Not even once.

Can't help here, I'm a Christian as well. Bible quotes general?

Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

How do you know your God is right?

>inb4 Bible says so
The Torah, Quran, all claim the same thing.

>miracles
No-one has ever seen

>prophecy in Bible has been fulfilled.
Words are figurative and they speak in metaphors, the prophecy can mean literally anything you want it to mean.

>hur dur you're Fedora
Grow up

>Christian values are needed to keep society functioning
False, there are heaps on functional societies both before and after Christianity.

Athiest, it's the only answer for the free intelligent mind. Other people, even geniuses that are thesists, are just being paranoid and compartmentalized in their reasoning.

I have a question. Why does that verse mean anything to you?

Leviticus 18:22 is a favorite of mine.

Faith is literally gullibility, it's what you use to believe in something you have no evidence for. A rational person has no faith and only believes in things that the evidence support.

>debunk my religion Sup Forums
DESU the fact you get on your knees for a dead kike and give the (((church))) money like the good goy you are means that you are already past the point of no return. There are no bigger unintelligent bluepilled cucks on the planet than the religious.

>m-m-m-m-muh fedora
Not an argument and i would never be caught dead wearing something so ugly. Nice try tho goy

Pic related

The whole problem with the religious argument is you cannot prove or disprove it so arguing about it is pointless.

faith is belief without evidence

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses - Ezekiel 23:20

How can God's chosen even compete!

nothing of true value is available to just anyone and historically christendom has been just a mechanic for mobilizing large numbers of peasants for (((other forces)))

*Theists. My bad, autocorrect is on me today.

The evidence is overwhleming. If you believe your brain developed by chance, you are a fool, who says in his heart, there is no god.

youtube.com/watch?v=JiMqzN_YSXU

I can't prove alot of things, I can't prove unicorns, Pokemon or leprechauns DONT exist, so should I believe in them?

If your belief in god is so malleable that you expect some internet autists to shake your faith than perhaps you truly don't believe it at all

t. fedorafag

Because your children will get raped by a priest

Whatever it is you think happened in the Bible has been censored and propagandized by the Jesuits before it even hit the printing press.
Before that, it was written by hand, go copy the Bible by HAND.
(For starters)
But believe what you want user, it's no skin off my sack.

Biblical scholars and christian archaeologists both agree that the New Testament of the Bible was written 30 to 150-ish years AFTER Jesus's DEATH. 30 to 150 years AFTER Jesus's DEATH. Meaning most of them agree than none of its authors was any of the 12 disciples. So nothing that is written is from an eyewitness account. So let me ask you some questions.

You are the Son Of God. God made Flesh.

You can raise the dead, you can walk on water, you can heal the lepers.

You can't write any of your teachings down?

Literally, the most important teachings Mankind will ever know, and you as GOD didn't write them down.

You also had disciples to help spread the good news for your existence. NONE of them could write either. All of those 12 eyewitnesses, and you as GOD chose illiterate retards.

I by typing this on Sup Forums have left more of a verifiable message than the most IMPORTANT BEING THAT EVER LIVED ON EARTH.

Would you trust anyone to write an accurate and true biography about your life, if they had never even met you? 30 fucking years after you fucking died?

Then about 300 years later -- even if you don't believe what the Biblical scholars say about the eyewitnesses and the writers of the New Testament -- a bunch of bishops got together to decide what was canon in the New Testament, meaning several chapters were removed, at their whims. This shit continued up to the King James version, were shit was left out, and intentionally mistranslated.

Its all a fucking fraud, and you are a fucking retard for believing in any of it.

Give me my "Le tips fedora meme" now, because you literally have nothing to argue.

>Not realizing that Christianity's tenants are the basis for all of Western Civilization (dare I say all civilization?) regardless of whether you believe in them or not.

Christianity was developed, after civilization after civilization came and left, to show people how to live fulfilling existential lives, because everything you do matter in the end.

OR

God sent his only son to show how beautiful life can be even through suffering and pain by helping people, because everything matters in the end.

What an absolute trainwreck of a comment

none of that crap.
sage

Because assuming you have the powers of observation to decide for certain whether or not a concious being in the sky made everything is deluded and arrogant is fuck. Belief is more for empirical things which you can observe with your senses in my opinion.

DAMN!!! MEGA MASSIVE PWNAGE 2 DEE XXXTREME!!!

go ahead believe what you want, most people believe things which they know deep down to be false. and we have an idea about a place in the world based on huge subjective fallacies. Our mere existence together is based on a functional lie in so many ways

Believing a book that's says pi is 3.0
2 Chronicles4:2-5
Believing a book which says there are four legged
bugs
Leviticus11:20

Or talking snakes,

It's obviously bait retard

However Christ is real, you cannot deny that.

/thread

Whoa there, slow down

>the New Testament of the Bible was written 30 to 150-ish years AFTER Jesus's DEATH. 30 to 150 years AFTER Jesus's DEATH. Meaning most of them agree than none of its authors was any of the 12 disciples. So nothing that is written is from an eyewitness account.

that's true of basically any ancient historical writing though

>Or talking snakes
Wouldn't rule that out, you can talk and type, and as venomous and retarded as a snake you are.
Maybe it's a good book.

Can you proof he is empirically?

How do you know that

A guy named Christ was real. I'm not sure what he's been depicted as is true, though. Any evidence to support your claim?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAGbKJNDrRa6GNL0iL4KoOj

do you want to be happy, have faith or do you want to be free - destroy every belief you have and then those about the beliefs also. far more rigorous far less cowardice

A son of god determined to save humanity is nothing new.

>thinking I'm a literal snake. Like the Bible claims Satan was
Kek

Bring your own argument, please. I'm not sitting through another shitty youtube video as your "evidence"

Either say it so we can discuss it here or gtfo, i'm not sitting through a day-long lecture to listen to mental gymnastics.

the impetus is on you to prove your claim

if i say that electric blue transgender unicorns exist then you would expect me to prove such a claim

i'm waiting

holy shit that's my desktop background

good choice

Keep on believing. Beliefs are the fuel to our fire. That fire is our actions. If we throw away our fuel source just like that without any great replacement then you f**ked up.

HahahahahahahahahahahahahabĂ bababaabAb
HahaabahabĂ haahahbaababab

Not a fucking argument. Jesus is the Son Of God. HE IS FUCKING GOD. HE CAN DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.

It was the only time God came down to earth and he didn't see it fit to write his own autobiography while here. He could literally do everything else. Since he was fucking God, he could've willed the New Testament into existence without spending any actual time writing it. Like "poof" here it is. But he didn't he could to chat it up with a bunch of illiterate shitskins and jews instead, and they played the telephone game with all of his teachings and miracles until some people 30 years after he died decided to write about it.

You are trying to tell me you think that that is someone you should fucking worship?

How old are you all? Sixteen or fourteen years?

beliefs are dead ideas

>can do anything

Can't covert a bunch of jews being crushed by Roman rule.

Can't simply expel all sin in the world

Is forced to die in pain

Can't simply make all Roman's leave the holy land.

Couldn't put the forbidden fruit behind a locked door

Couldn't convince Lucifer to not rebel

Couldn't NOT make Lucifer in the first place

He's pretty short sighted desu

Holy Fuck, you blew them to bits with that one.

Lets see how they try to argue against this.

faith and knowledge are complementary, just like science and spirituality, those aren't actually mutually exclusive.

also.. consecutive checked

>Australian
>denying the possibility of inteligent snakes
You become more suspicious by the minute.

Regardless, it is proven to keep the morale of a person high. Ideas with benefits are much more better. And since there's little competition in terms of picking religion, that is perhaps the only thing.

this is some feel good bullshit that helps mentally weak people get through life with the fact that one day they are going to die and literally not exist any longer

this is absolutely terrifying to humans when they realize it but it's the cost of having a conscious, self-aware mind

weak retards cope with this dilemma (called "the dark night of the soul") by desperately latching on to these fairytales and deluding themselves about what happens after their impending death and the "meaning" of life

you should really read some Camus and learn about existentialism. the beauty and terror of reality is that life inherently has no meaning other than what you ascribe to it. you are literally free to chose and pursue your own meaning

paint your masterpiece in the desert of reality, user

If God isn't real, explain this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Xruky-Ps1Vo

You shouldn't believe because Christianity's soft doctrine is only going to make reviving western civilization that much harder. You need to be feeling wrath - not forgiveness.

Do what ya want as long as it dont hurt me none

the actual hand of god wrote down the ten commandments on stone tablets so why couldn't he just write down the bible instead of waiting for some dipshit human to try to do it and fuck it all up by confusing his message and getting the facts all fucked up

if god is real he is a total inconsistent fuckup

STOP ACCUSING ME OF BEING A SNAKE YOU MOUSIES!!!

HIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Okay so... "How do I know that?"

Have you ever read or tried to understand the Catholicism or Christianity as a whole? It's spread throughout Western Civilization has settled it at its foundation. Why?

Example: 10 commandments: Don't break them and you'll live a better life

It's hard, but taking responsibility for your actions is incredibly important not just for you but everyone you interact with, and that's the point of the commandments. The same thing goes for the cardinal virtues, beatitudes, golden rule, sins, confession. Existence is pain whether you believe in an afterlife or not, but that doesn't mean you should neglect society as a whole. This is idea behind Christianity and it is so fundamental to humans reflect upon themselves that it is become embedded within our culture.

youtube.com/watch?v=XLWzFda6C60
wut is this shit

nice mang. I really can't wait for the game to come out

Regardless of what these people say, Christianity is the basis of perhaps all civilization in the Western Hemisphere and it's colonies.
Ah yes, this argument. Look, things aren't necessarily won by force, but rather won by careful consideration and compromise. By presenting yourself as a "weak" person from the outside, it would seem that you're a weak target. However, Christianity strengthens the faith among its believers. One word, Crusades.

The airship Nebuchadnezzar was just another layer of the Matrix and everything the crew learned was an additional delusion.

Faith > Reason

> trying to convince a schizophrenic that his delusions are, in fact, delusions

Nah, I've got better ways to waste my time.

>Literally saying It´s 20-17

GTFO you commie!!

So Islam then?

Cough, ever heard of the Crusades?
Please, it is now considered 'rebellious' and against mainstream culture if you're a Christian during these times.

Damn snake posters and their reptilian minds and viperine tongues.

See, that's what makes it worse, since God is ALL POWERFUL he is both omnipresent and omnipotent.

He is everywhere at every time and knows everything about everyone. He sees your future and knows all the atrocities that will happen because of Him, and Christians believe he CHOOSES not to interfere because of FREE WILL.

That's a superretarded argument because if decide to actually go with your FREE WILL he send you to Hell to be punished forever. So God never actually gives you free will to begin with.

So after you see the free will argument falls flat, it means that God ALLOWS people to die horribly from serial killers, be tortured for years in North Korea prison camps, babies to die from viruses, people that live virtuous lives can die from cancer, etc.

God ALLOWS all of these things to happen. He knows everything that will happen to (you), and does nothing.

That GOD sounds like evil personified to me.

>Look, things aren't necessarily won by force, but rather won by careful consideration and compromise
If you kill your enemies, they win.
>However, Christianity strengthens the faith among its believers
It strengthens their belief that bending over gets them a free ticket to heaven

The Crusades are irrelevant. It's like believing the 2017 Rams can pull off a winning season just because Kurt Warner once ruled the roost.

>reviving western civilization

let it go. it's time to move on to the next thing even if it is the global dark ages

don't be so afraid of change, grandpa. life on this earth has been going through cycles since the beginning of time

everything will be all right

Self bump because the christcucks that read this know its true, but don't have the guts to respond.

Okay, let's settle a compromise here.
Atheist would remain Atheist
Christians would remain Christians
Don't want to waste our energy on an argument that has been repeated for God knows how many. Look, if religion divides us, it'll be easier for the kikes to conquer us. Thus, collective efforts must be used ONLY against those kikes, not ourselves and our beliefs. Now, if you're going to waste your energy of reasoning in this thread, go have some rest first.

try dmt

underrated

this seems like some dumb meme but this is the real talk story of the whole goddamned bible

straight up this is actually what christians believe

and it doesn't even include the real bananas shit like ritual genital mutilation on babies, cannibalism of your own god's flesh and blood (transubstantiation), etc

>tries to answer the question
>ends up asking me questions instead
>goes on a rant about what he thinks is the bible

Dammit you people are retarded.

Which Denomination?

This is literally not an argument though. Jesus and his disciples meant to spread knowledge of the faith orally not necessarily through the Bible first since most people in those days were illiterate

> it is now considered 'rebellious' and against mainstream culture if you're a Christian

I remember when i tried to be cool once. Yuck.

Daily reminder Sup Forums is a Christian board.

Huh, sounds like someone that was blown the fuck away.

And I'm not an atheist btw, the universe came from "something", but whatever it was, wasn't from the minds of shitskins or semites written thousands of years ago.

>not worshipping dionysus

you're worshipping a god who's entire purpose throughout history has been to be used to control people and make them find it paltable

it's a religion full of morals that go against human nature and leads to repression and shame for no reason other than to make people fall in line

nearly all the problems in the world are due to abrahamic faiths, they're just poison

youtube.com/watch?v=KIHqwCqO0uU

youtube.com/watch?v=BCnk33CF50o

You have about 60% of the truth. Say a prayer to the Creator and then watch these.

so Sup Forums is just filled with cattle worshipping a jew god who fall in line and do nothing but allow themselves to be controlled? good to know

Jesus was the leader of a cult that branched off of Judaism. He was a clever con-man whose popularity steadily grew through the spreading of miraculous rumors. His disciples were just close friends who managed the cult and stood to profit from his status.

Understandably, the leaders of the temple saw him as a growing threat and dealt with him accordingly.

He became an ideal martyr for future opportunists who would ultimately use his story to develop a whole new religion to exploit and profit from.

I'm just a regular flip whose faith is enlightened by my studies and discoveries. But still I'm a loyal Christian because it's my choice and will.

It is an argument because God is FUCKING OMNIPRESENT. He knows EVERYTHING THAT WILL FUCKING HAPPEN. He knew that 2000+ years from Jesus' day we would be arguing about this shit on the internet.

Either you believe He can do EVERYTHING or you believe He can not. Either you believe He knows EVERYTHING or you believe He can not. If your answer is NOT, that means God isn't THE God. If your answer is IS, that means you are a retard because God according to history and the words in the fucking Bible doesn't seem to be using his powers at all.

Sup Forums is not and was never a christian board

from the beginning it was populated by natsoc's, libertarians and atheists

nu-Sup Forums can leave now