Is Buzzfeed's definition of Gen Z correct or is it off by 2/3 years?

Is Buzzfeed's definition of Gen Z correct or is it off by 2/3 years?

Theyre lying its the oppisite. Seems to me that theyre are desperate to make us believe gen z are millenians

Yeah it's the opposite. Gen z came before millennials.

>born 2010
>founder

>A 7 year old is the founder

Buzzfeed's definition of anything is wrong and fucking retarded.

But Millennials were always defined as people who were teens or young adults in the 00s. The guys who coined the word said so.

Gen Z were small children or babies in the 00s, that's the difference.

The thing with generations is there is never a concrete start/end date. 1998 could be the start gen z, but so could 2002,2000 and 1996.

>THE FOUNDERS

of what?

...IT

Galactic Human Empire

Born in '84. I will NEVER consider my a millennial. I grew up playing in the woods and the creeks. Used to rent NES and SNES games from the local video store. I didn't have internet until I was like 12 for Christ's sake.

My point is, there's a sharp and noticeable divide between me/my peers and kids born even 6 or 7 years later who grew up 'plugged in' and don't even remember the world before the Matrix had us.

Arbitrary buzzwords used to further divide people by providing ever more cute little labels to segregate themselves and sow discord.

The concept of strictly defined "generations" is at best disingenuous, at worst it's seditious propaganda.

Also, I swear I've been called three different "generation n"s during my life.

There's no hard metric, and establishing one is a waste of time and brain cells.

I was born in 95 and did just like you. Louisiana is great for outdoors tomfoolery. I didnt have internet until I was 13 leeching off our neighbor who I stole the password from when I helped fix their pc

Identifying with a certain group of people born between 2 dates is retarded. There are idiots in all age categories

Some people born in the 70s spent time inside all the time too dumbass. You're a millennial whether you like it or not. So stupid everyone thinks generations apply to which dumbass pop culture you consumed as a kid. Nah its how the world inter acts and shapes a group of people between about two decades. Pop culture can play a slight role sure but things like the economy and the rise of smart phones and the role they now play in the world are what impact the different generations in different ways.

Millenial gen ended in 1995

Everyone after that went to high school in a smartphone/twitter/instagram age

I agree to an extend but why are the majority of baby boomers so awful. Young people seem to naturally dislike older people but I liked the WW2 gen when they were more prevalent. But nah baby boomers are scum /shit tier/ old people

>Nah its how the world inter acts and shapes a group of people between about two decades
>things like the economy and the rise of smart phones

In what way is that different from what I just said?

>there's a sharp and noticeable divide between me/my peers and kids born even 6 or 7 years later who grew up 'plugged in' and don't even remember the world before the Matrix had us.

People born in the early 90s weren't "plugged" in at birth, which is why there is a distinction. You were born in the computer age, but not the internet age, and people born in the early 90s were the same way. I was born in 1991 and I played in creeks and rode my bike everywhere. That is more of a symptom of a rural upbringing than a generational one. I can guarantee you a kid born in brooklyn in '84 wasn't playing in the woods.

1995-6 is the year where digital natives begin to be born.

Because chances are they grew up relatively similar to you. They may have played more video games or liked different movies but you were both affected by the world in similar ways. For example. The recession likely played a big role in your life and someone born in 1992. You were both likely affected similarly. THATS what a generation is. Not if you grew up watching Pete and Pete and they were watching hey Arnold.

You're a fucking retard. Most people born in different time periods - MOST not all - grew up in different environments, leading them to have different general preferences, political leanings and wants. Surveys show that people born in what is considered Gen Z include far fewer feminists and are more conservative. If that line were arbitrary there'd be no difference.

The events and conditions you've live through will affect you more than those you perceive as history. Generations are ways of grouping people who lives through those events and those cultural changes. To deny that and say that there is no reason at all to separate people born a long time ago from people born recently is insanely dumb.

Lived* and lived*

I disagree with you. I think that people who were still in their formative years when it all happened are more like the 'digital natives' than they are like those of us born in the 80s. Late 80s/early 90s was a critical period of change. Those born after that don't remember the world before, whereas those born before had fully-formed personalities by the time it hit. Big difference in my opinion.

you're not looking at this from another (((angle))). the wedge of the "generation" is the perfect tool for nation wide divide and conquer strategies. how on earth can you, a millennial who probably didn't even really know what the USSR was or how fucked up shit really was back in the 60s/70s, possibly accept any viewpoint on the USSR from someone born in the 1940s (who grew up scared of the USSR) when there's always some kike there saying there's (((differences))) so you should argue about some stupid shit like pension funds?

if we started to see people much older than us as people, not obscure abstract concepts mainly referred to in old dusty history books, we would start talking to them and would figure out the jewish tricks that have been played on us. then we get another shoah and that's not okay.

The defining thing about Millennials though isn't that we grew up "plugged in" from birth, it's that we grew up in the TRANSITION from childhoods with little technology (Gen X) to childhoods with a lot of technology (Gen Z).

Gen Z is the ones who grew up "plugged in from birth", not Millennials.

Yes. I was born 88 and know that anyone born after that is going to have a hard time remembering the few years they had before internet.

Fair point, but the fact that generations are used in malicious ways does not mean that they are arbitrary boundaries. There are clear differences, Jewish tricks or not.

off by 2 years. also stop using buzzfeed user

The fuck? I'm not a fucking millennial, fuck this thread is retarded.

one leads to the other, you can't tolerate this generation bullshit because the kikes always use it to D&C. it's better to just cut it off at the head entirely.

Same here. Born in '81, and I've been told I'm a Millennial, Gen X and Gen Y.

All I know is that I'm in the later half of my thirties and I have absolutely nothing in common with what passes for the standard Millennial.

Fuck off millennials was always used on Sup Forums to be retarded young people born AFTER 1995. Go look it up, you and the fuck who wrote the OP article are mistaken.

The defining characteristic of Gen Z isn't "being plugged in" or whatever the fuck. Gen Z was raised in the spectre of endless foreign war, terrorism, and economic stagnation. Gen Z is too young to remember 9/11, but old enough to remember its effects.

No, the retards in gen z are actually 'gen snowflake'

You are wrong

This. I was born in 1991, I'm fucking generation X. This is Marxist bullshit trying to change facts.

1991 is Millenial. 1996+ is Gen Z, and honestly 1998 should be the cut off.

>tfw you've been grouped with the most entitled, self-interested, virtue signalling, cognitively dissonant generation ever born just by virtue of your birthdate

In 30, 40, or 50 years when gen Z is all grown up, generation Z their children will be complaining about how their millennial parents fucked up everything. Millennials will be remembered worse than boomers.

Most people weren't on the internet until '00/'01

No, it fucking isn't. just because you say that doesn't make it true.

Find literally one person besides yourself who defines Gen Z as 1991.

There is not a single academic source that uses some stupid post 1995 interpretation. Who are the people born before that then? Sup Forums never came up with the term millenials. It's been a term used for decades. You are either full of shit or remembering things incorrectly

Way off. Millennials started being born around 1990-1992 ish.

>There is not a single academic source that uses some stupid post 1995 interpretation. Who are the people born before that then?

Generation X.

9/11 is the start of gen z

The Organization, of course.

so everyone born from 1964 - 1995 is gen x? 31 years? You are full of shit. There isn't a single academic source or major publication that would agree with this.

You are the only one saying this.

no he's not.

RETARDS Strauss Howe generation theory is where the term millennial sand gen Z come from.

80's-2004 = millennial
After 2004 = Gen Z / Homeland generation

RETARD LINE ( ANYONE WHO POSTS PAST THIS LINE AND DISAGREES IS A RETARD)

--------------------------------------------

Just had 18th birthday, can confirm gen z is not a bunch of hippies

Sadly being lolbertarian is the cool thing for younger kids right now (at least in my locality)

Most conservative generation since the 50s. Really makes you wonder where the efforts to reach out to them are.

mods pls ban him anyway

The whole point of being called a millennial was that you were GROWING UP during the turn of the century. If you were a baby or a young toddler during the year 2000, you're not a millennial, you're Gen Z.

I was born in 1998. I grew up playing in the woods and the creeks. Used to play my parent's SNES games all the time.

you are a fucking retard

I feel like there's a HUGE ideological shift between me and my old friends (1988 - 1990) and people like my ex-gf and some other friends who were born in 1995.

The ones born in 1995 use their full name on not just social media but shit like youtube and tumblr, and all have facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc ALL social media

my friends born 1988 - 1990 have one or the other

I disagree

Did someone scrape themselves on the crust of their unwashed waifu pillow?

You're thinking of gen x dude

No. It was just an ordinary cum sock, but it still hurt.

>sadly
fuck off retard i've been waiting for this for 15 years

The Fourth Reich

same with me to the t