How did YOU survive the 2008 great recession?

How did YOU survive the 2008 great recession?

Oldfags get the FUCK in here!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3kEfz1SSYAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

With one of these. I did what I had to do to survive, I'm not proud of what I've done but it was necessary.

I had fairly steady work and a non-mortgaged home. I had to take a lot of contract work I normally would never do, but it kept me busy and made me a better man for learning to take whatever you can get. I have a very small construction outfit and the guys who didn't take the "shit work" all lost their shirts.

Holy fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=3kEfz1SSYAQ

Thread theme

Lived innawoods for 3 years.

i own a small construction company but profitted during the recession due to bofa chase wells fargo fannie may and freddy mac needing the foreclosed homes remodeled

why do you have a child lock on your gun

Obviously so the child sex slaves that he had to prostitute out during the Recession don't get access to the gun.

Got my ass kicked. Commercial real estate, socal. Graduated college 2007.

I lost all my life savings there were no jobs so I went to graduate school.

I wasn't exposed to the risk much.

Actually I fucked up and panic sold on the way down and forgot to buy it back on the bottom because I'm lazy and I don't count my for-a-goy(k) as probably being worth much by the time I'm put to death.

38yo white man here. I survived by working my my ass into the dirt.
Just like I have done every day of my life.
I am not a nigger so
I didn't get wrapped up into that whole subprime loan bull shit.

Just graduated college but worked for my family's fairly successful business. Got a nice fat raise because it if anything probably indirectly benefited from it that year. One of the better years of my life. Decent earnings for a youngfag, little to no worries. It was pretty gud.

my country had a $50b surplus when the recession hit, they gave everyone $1000 and another $1000 for family's with children. We all spent it and the recession was avoided.

Don't know how were gonna survive the next one

The interest rates have been low for so many years. Increasing it would send us right back to '08 since the stock market is way too over inflated

I didn't

>surplus

Remembering something from eight years ago makes you an oldfag?

>tfw
>was senior in high school
>recession hit
>one of my starts ranting about the collapse of the economy
>literally whole class couldn't give less of a fuck since we were still in high school
>some people still want to lower the voting age to 16

it was touch and go. We lived off savings and credit cards, and kited money and sold off things and took shit jobs. We got rid of all the luxuries like netflix and turned off lights and got cheap gas. The pennies matter. We worked our asses off at shit jobs. The biggest thing was the mortgage, we never went more than 60 days late, so we never lost our house. We shopped at bump and dent stores and did without. The wife's a country girl and knew plenty of stuff- she was planting potatoes at the first sign of trouble, and always making a big pot of tasty cheap stew that would last for days and patched jeans, darned socks, and glued sneakers. She timed the kids showers and it was lights out at 10pm. My little drill sergeant but all the pennies matter when shit hits the fan. don't know how we would survive without her.

Our neighbors just up and left their house after months of fighting. just walked away. still sitting empty though somebody just started working on it.

student loans and a part time job

I don't know what that gun is called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

I worked same as before and after. The only people who got butt fucked really hard were the uneducated, unemployed and/or those who bought things that were well over a rational budget for their income level.

I only made about 5% less in 2008 and 2009 than I did 2005, 2006 and 2007.

Mom's basement

I was in 8th grade and dident even notice or care.
Wasent untill I was older I knew what happened.

I OP's idea is that you were old enough to be working/personally affected by it at the time.

I was just about to graduate HS and go to college, but my dad worked for the state and got furloughed, and my mom worked at a construction company that slowed way the fuck down.
Luckily they don't fall for the debt jew outside of home mortgage and one car at a time, so they still managed to help me a lot in college so my student debt wasn't bad at all.
I owe them a lot desu.

do what you have to do breh

>saving 8 dollars a month from getting rid of netflix

wow how frugal lmao. stop acting like it was that fucking bad, food stamps was like triple for everyone during that time.

feels sad man only a matter of time till the Australian market will crash and burn gonna happen while I'm still young and with zero savings welp at least I got a job today though

Being young is about the best place you can be, since you're not all old and decrepit and expecting your pension and other communist bullshit.

Learn to make yourself useful.

I was in college. They were hiring for cents on the dollar. Picked up a free internship to gain experience while working at a retail store.

I live on the coasts so Obama really did help me. Sorry manual labor workers

>Be me
>2008
>get fired after working for boss for 5 years
>he didnt like me anyways and a shitty economy was just a means to an end
>Start selling drugs
>It takes alot of work to make a living off of street drugs
>Start selling harder drugs (coke, a bit of meth, ecstasy, etc.)
>mfw got cocksucker ex-boss addicted to heroin
>mfw he went to jail for possession and I left the state
2008 was a good year

>Recession
>Not kikes and wannabe kikes getting btfo

oy vey goyim it's your fault

How come the Recession didn't redpill people on the Jewish Question?

Congrats mate and housing crash will be a huge bonus for us.
The only people it will affect are people who live off capital gains, and they'll deserve it.
The economy will grow more than it will shrink.

I'm in the same boat as you

Fucking real estate market is gonna start to crash the moment we raise interest rates which will bitch slap our economy
I'm in the armed forces so hopefully I won't be affected too much. On a plus note housing will be cheap

80% of bankers are republican

80% of democrats are illiterate niggers

I worked my ass off and paid the higher interest on my credit card balances becasue I valued my good name.. I lived more carefully..

I am still in rough shape.. it was not easy.. I am single and self employed.. I needed the credit lines for my business equipment .. whatever..

I was doing adjudication for Medicaid and quit after they made me approve a 17 year old for 10k/month worth of "Marijuana addiction rehab" when I was smoking more weed than he was.

Meanwhile I had to deny $200 special ortho-shoes for a 5 year old with a foot deformity so he could start playing sports.

Mailed his mom $300 and have been largely off the grid ever since.

Career in pharma.

Some of our biggest years were during the recession.

Who is they, user?

Those Sydney houses going for a million dollars is fucking insane. Same here for Toronto and Vancouver because our politicians know that raising the interest rates will send our country into the shitter

>browsing Sup Forums in 2008 makes you an oldfag

Eternal September
White trash

That's why the bank needs to be independant.

No one made you do shit. If you quote you should have brought that up everyone.

So stop with your fake internet life

The soup. That branch was run by Hewlett-Packard for some reason, nobody knows why.

>giving even more money to then is getting BTFO
nope, we lost and they won

I was already poor. Besides, I hate credit cards and loans. Never spend money you don't have.

>No one made you do shit.

You're right, that's why I never went back.

Yeah okay? That doesn't prove anything. Bankers made money and got their bonuses. Even though they vote republican.

The gubberment stimulated me with 1000 Ruddbucks to spend on shit.

I took out 100k from my home equity line of credit and bought Canadian banks. Doubled my money in 8 months faggot

Central banks are supposed to be independent but they're all run by the same crooks
We should take a lesson from Andrew Jackson when he wanted to break up the central banks

Spent less money

I agree, the central banks couldn't pass an audit and they are all owned by the same people.

I know about the soup and who was running HP. I presume a lot of other people do as well. It's good you caught on.

Are you from reddit or something?

For serious though I lost like half of my equity in my house/condo, and then my income fell by about half and I've still yet to get back to those pre-08 levels.

100k was like 65k USD.

You couldn't even pay off one year of college.

Canada is worse now than it was in 2008/2009

>my equity
It wasn't yours, goy.

Oh also...before I did a shirt sale on my condo, I lived in it without paying mortgage for a year. Fuck em. I now own another home BTW and had absolutely no problem getting approved.

Oops, short sale

I sold all my stocks right before it crashed. Not a genius I just needed the money.. lol good timing.

> oldfags
> still browsing 4/pol/

kek

Had almost no stocks at the time, only $10k in IRA, so the hit was minimal.

Now, have $150k in stocks and about $30k in the IRA, so yeah, I'm a bit more nervous about the future now.

Yeah I'm so sad about it lol. I managed to take a lot of the loot and now have 300k in my tax free savings account. Feels bad man. No taxes on that money or the income or gains from it ever.

Nope just in the finance industry. People gained and now tax breaks to cash in.

Some major heads are retiring soon. After that tax break kicks into effect and no more 3.7% tax on Capitol Gains more than 500k that goes to obama care.

But I will love my tax breaks too, and 401k is crushing it!

Ya but did you buy back at the low point? No

Australia has enormous mineral wealth. Look into the Alaska Oil Trust for why Australia can do this.

Also
>Australia is 80% white

Yeah our real estate market is gonna fucking burst into flames sometime before 2020
Hopefully oil will rebound by then but our oilsands are still fucked

On a plus note you can finally buy an affordable house

There was absolutely no change in my life. I actually had a good job and kept it throughout. Lost a bit in stocks but it was negligible. Maybe you ditch digging cucks should find a better line of work before it happens again

I survived the recession by living in Canada in 2008. They weathered the storm due to fiscally sound leadership and decision-making from the government and the Bank of Canada.

Not an oldfag but my dad kept his job as usual, he was just lucky to be in a secure position. My mom lost her job but she only worked 20hrs a week for 10/hr anyway, it was fine
The retards who bought the house next door for 800k in 2007 and were replacing the floors with marble and shit (with the intent to sell, they weren't living in it) were fucked though. Houses here still aren't back up to that price, lel

The oil trust is why Australia can have a $50B surplus? What Jew bank in the world would allow a surplus of anything other than credit?

The redpill community was small and the MSM still held yuge control over what the populace saw

I'm checking out of this shithole by the end of the year. Canada is in deep shit.

I'm black so I had to eat my own babies. Once I ate a poop I thought was a baby.

I didnt. I lost my career job, my wife and kids and my credit. Literally 3 months after that nigger got elected, they fired all the White technicians and get the niggers. I now live in a property my family owns. I bum for alcohol and live off food stamps. The only reason I havent killed myself is my mom and pops are old and need me and my dog. I have no confidence like I used to and the anxiety is unbearable.I used to work with billionaires. Now I pay for gut rot whiskey in change. I'm 43 and I have nothing left, and I dont care.

I've already enlisted in the armed forces so I'll at least have a stable income during the shitstorm

Is 2007 perhaps the single worst year to have graduated college?

I sold my home I worked my cock off to raise a family in, moved to the other side of the country to take a job making about a third of what I used do, and have been struggling every day since to do right by my family.

>How did YOU survive the 2008 great recession?
I didn't, it fucked my shit up & now I'm poor & bitter, therefore browsing pol.

i want it to fall soon. Saved up 50k. I want to buy a defaulted home. Fuck people who pay 300-400k for a starter home. They deserve it

I was in college on scholarship.
I graduated and got a job.
I got out just fine.
Fuck Obama.

I'm pretty sure I didn't and this is hell.

This hurts me to read.
I'm 22 and not doing much better though

Canada Air Forces? Securing the nations safety from Bears? Or windchills?

Or when the queen calls on all her nations to come together. Kek Armed Forces

>blaming obama and black people for the fact that you fell for the carbon jew, the plastic jew, the property jew, and the liquid jew.

I worked steadily, had women that would give me money and sex if I needed it. Things were good. I miss that city but life was fucking brutal.

Australia doesn't have an oil trust. It has a minerals trust. Australia also has a smaller percentage of Jews in their country compared to America (a population of Jews that's larger than Israel's). Australia only got hit by Cult. Marxism in the 90's after the big shooting. They also enslaved the Abbos until the 70's (I forget what it was called, but it was essentially serfdom).

Australia used to be the most conservative because you had to be on such a strange continent with little arable land

And those in real estate, finance, developing, construction, etc. Shit i have a car repair business and it even hit us hard because people just stopped spending money.

I wouldn't believe you if I hadn't seen shit like this happen myself.

Were you in a rural state? I bet it was a rural state

That's the spirit! Seriously though, You've got it better than most. At least you're not in some nigger filled hellhole getting necklaced.

lel, my equity as in 50% of my down payment.

I was probably too young at the time but when I was buying propertys in my teens I didnt have any role models or adult guidance so I was throwing down 20-50% down payments pretending to be a big shot but I should have just been putting down the bare minimum at the time.

But did Australia's bank actually have some sort of a surplus?

If so, why is Australia selling itself of to the Chinese to make shekels?

Don't come to us when a race war breaks out in your country