Should women be allowed to be evicted for calling police in domestic violence situations?

archive.is/Y6xwF

A Missouri woman who called the police at least four times for protection from an abusive boyfriend is suing the city where she lived after the authorities deemed her a nuisance and ordered her to leave her home, according to her lawsuit.

The suit, filed by the American Civil Liberties Union in United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri on Friday on behalf of Rosetta Watson, 58, is likely to put a spotlight on so-called nuisance policies.

The lawsuit says they had a role in violating Ms. Watson’s rights through an ordinance that allows the city to remove residents from their homes and bar them from living anywhere in the city for six months if they are deemed a nuisance. The policy defines one form of nuisance as more than two incidents of domestic violence that result in calls to the police within a 180-day period.

The defendants are accused of using the ordinance to revoke Ms. Watson’s occupancy permit and housing subsidy, and then bar her from living in Maplewood for six months, according to the lawsuit.

The policy “resulted in significant harms to Ms. Watson, including violation of constitutional rights, loss of her home and long-term housing stability, as well as severe and ongoing emotional suffering and mental anguish,” the lawsuit says. Sandra Park, an A.C.L.U. senior lawyer, said in a phone interview that Ms. Watson was seeking unspecified monetary damages.

The lawsuit says that in June 2010, Ms. Watson, who was supporting herself with a housing subsidy and disability benefits, started renting her home from a private landlord in Maplewood, a city of about 8,000 people located about seven miles west of St. Louis.

1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/domestic-violence-help_n_7537554
abc.net.au/news/2017-04-01/domestic-violence-survivors-turned-away-full-womens-shelters/8407478
bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbse&sid=78
nnedv.org/resources/census.html
guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2014/521/973/2014-521973408-0c3e3126-9.pdf
baka.com.au/nsw/domestic-violence-centres-full-workers-scared-to-criticise-government-20150703-gi4j58.html
dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/women/publications-articles/reducing-violence/women-domestic-and-family-violence-and-homelessness-a-synthesis-report?HTML#4j
acf.hhs.gov/fysb/resource/dv-homelessness-stats-2016
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The first trouble came in September 2011, when she sought help from the police after her boyfriend, Robert S. Hennings III, broke down the front door and punched her in the face, according to the suit. She called the police again on three other occasions through February 2012, after Mr. Hennings hit, choked, shoved, and argued with her, it says.

Mr. Hennings was arrested but released after at least three of those encounters, and in August 2012 he was sentenced to 200 days in prison after pleading guilty to domestic assault, court records show. He died in 2013, the lawsuit says.

According to the lawsuit, Ms. Watson’s occupancy permit, a document required of city residents, was revoked in April 2012 under the nuisance policy. The city’s reasons were that a “high magnitude of harm” had been caused in the four incidents, and it said police officers had been “put at risk” from the “peace disturbance and domestic violence.”

Unable to live in Maplewod, Ms. Watson left and moved multiple times to try to find permanent housing, and was homeless for a while, the lawsuit said. At one point, while she was living in St. Louis, Mr. Henning tracked her down and stabbed her in the legs, the lawsuit says.

Ms. Watson’s housing subsidy was returned to her in July 2016, according to the lawsuit. She is now living in St. Louis County, Ms. Park said.

The lawsuit, which was published on the A.C.L.U. website, said the Maplewood nuisance policy discriminates against domestic violence victims by punishing them for calling the police.

States like Iowa, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota eventually enacted laws preventing cities from punishing residents for seeking police or emergency assistance.

2/2

bump

>Should women be allowed to be evicted for calling police in domestic violence situations?
yes. Non-virgins and Sup Forumsacks who are familiar with crazy bitches will know why and what I mean by this, but some women will abuse the "privilege" of a police system and call 911 for any and every fucking thing under the sun.

Most likely the landlord of the building is getting tired of the building getting a reputation for being "that place that the cops always show up to".

You're a good little boot licker. You're embarrassing our flag. You should move to Sweden, they'd love to have you.

Yes.

If you're a woman and your man hits you once, to the point where you'd consider calling the cops (and not for attention), you should leave the relationship and press assault & battery charges. Period. If you don't, you're voluntarily exposing yourself to further violence that you and only you could have avoided.

Domestic violence should be treated like any other form of aggression. If you're a basic whore that subjects yourself to regular beatings voluntarily, you get what's coming to you. In these cases, cries of help directed at the state, which has NOTHING to do with your issue (since you opted out of properly reporting the first incident) should be ignored.

Nice projection, you should go work for IMAX!
>dude women should be allowed to call the police whenever they want and have cops come at their beck and call, no consequences involved lmao
>but YOU'RE the bootlicker
Also, only millennial liberals and commies use the word "bootlicker". Good job revealing yourself, MAT/Shareblue.

Yes,
it's not the landlords responsibility to deal with your drama.
If you and your "boyfriend" (looking at you Canada), can not behave correctly. You can be removed. This is entirely legal.
Being barred from the city seems a bit extreme, but hey, if your boyfriend beats you more than once and you don't get the message. You're retarded.

But I mean she did get the message and wanted him in jail. Is it her fault they he kept getting out of jail and literally broke her door down?

You're seriously believing that?
U.S.A. has so many programs for women of domestic abuse, countless housing programs, exchange programs, even identity programs.
As a woman you can go to any one of them and bam, dude will never see you again.
It's as simple as that, sorry your life is shitty girly, but sometimes you have to move away.

>all of these programs are also free and use tax payer dollars

I mean it doesn't get any easier than this.

>You're seriously believing that?
He was arrested and then released three fucking times after beating her. It says right there in the fucking article.

I have no idea how much truth is in the article but if it happened the way it says it did she was largely not at fault.

>unironically believing the now dead nigger wife beater over the victim cause they happened to be a woman
That's bias

So why the fuck does she stay with him? How retarded do you have to be to stay with a boyfriend who is obviously going to be abusive? At that point you don't use the police to solve a problem but to relieve the symptoms.

I'm not saying it's right what he does, or right what the courts did, but she is a fucking adult. Have some agency, jesus fuck.

This user just put you in your place. Fuck your trips!

She ran away and was homeless and he tracked her down and stabbed her in the fucking leg you cunt.

Read the fucking article.

who is this cutie

I aint reading shit. Yeah that's fucked up.

>Occupancy permit

Is this from Missouri, U.K.? The fuck is an occupancy permit?

>The defendants are accused of using the ordinance to revoke Ms. Watson’s occupancy permit and housing subsidy, and then bar her from living in Maplewood for six months, according to the lawsuit.

Why the fuck are we paying for this white trash's rent? Put her in a fucking gas chamber with her lawyers

Never fucking post again.

fuck off cunt

>white
I assume she is Black user.

I have an Ex like this

Note she is an ex. Loves drama and calling police for everything, posts everything on facebook, calls the local newspaper to try and get articles written about her, etc...

Some women are retarded

Your country is shit because it is inhabited by people like you, who mouth off on things that they know nothing about and are only too happy to rush through policies based on muh feelings and not facts.

Enjoy the rest of this thread. I'm out.

>didn't bother reading an article on pol
>this is why your country is shit
you're just a presumptuous cunt son

>be dumb cunt
>be in abusive relationship
>after the relationship failing multiple times
>keep calling police when you should fix this problem
>decide to stop wasting resources on a lost cause and kick her out
>years later get sued cause MUH VAGINA
3/10 won't read again and will ignore this thread

>t.didn'treadmypostAnons
Read my fucking post.
The first time your "boyfriend" beats your ass, yeah maybe it's a slide.
When he gets out of jail, hunts you down, and hurts you again. He is obviously dangerous.
The third time he does this, he is obviously dangerous and obsessed.
Around the 2nd or 3rd time, you should of went to a woman's shelter.
She even stated she was almost homeless.

Aus, just shut the fuck up and read my post.
Women shelters in The U.S.A. are entirely free for women, they will take you in, clothe you, feed you, and if needed they will get you a new identity and place to live.

The police reports would be enough to get you the new identity part.

It's all free.
All of it.

She had zero reason to not do this and she let him come and find her three different times after the first incident.

She is fucking retarded.

I don't think anything happened. The police will arrest you just on an accusation of domestic dispute

>who was supporting herself with a housing subsidy and disability benefits

I fucking hate everything.

>he actually thinks that women's shelters are magic places with infinite money where people live on clouds
Women routinely get turned away from women's shelters because they are overcrowded and dirty.

Nor are they an option for everyone. Where is the first place a vindictive partner is going to check for his battered wife? Perhaps the place that battered wives congregate at...

But go ahead. If you're so fucking confident that it's just that easy, that you just snap your fingers and magic away from the situation, tell me about the last time you had to do it.

No, you're why our board is shit. Stop trying to fit in, it's pathetic.

>The policy defines one form of nuisance as more than two incidents of domestic violence that result in calls to the police within a 180-day period.

1) Be American
2) Report a crimes
3) Get evicted for reporting crimes

That's fucked.

It didn't happen see

>be women
>boyfriend yells at you
>call cops
>waste enormous amount of resources and prevent cops from doing their job

She is a nuisance and should be evicted.

You only call the police for life threatening issues. Not yelling or a little slap.

Ordnances likes this should be enforced a lot more often. Wastes of air shouldn't have nice things, and shouldn't be allowed to live in nice places.

The landlord is partly at fault for renting to a single female in the first place.

Sluts bring niggers.
Niggers bring trouble.

A woman should leave her father's house for the last time in a wedding dress or in a coffin.

Watch it be the boyfriend's house she is occupying that she's squatting in like a useless female leech. Wew.

>you're the one who does his best to shit on countries for any reason
>somehow I'm the one trying to fit in
just wrong m8

>You only call the police after you're dead, or at the very most, minutes from being dead

Oh, is that how that works?

You have no country, not since 2010.

>living with someone at your own will
>know they're occasionally violent
>repeatedly call the cops

Geeze. I wonder who's fault that is?

Holy shit, this nigger is spbp. As a George foreman, if my guy best beat me to the point I considered calling the cops, I would het the fuck out.

An I reading this wrong that the issue was she continued living in his house after he went to jail? No shit honey, sort yourself out

>who was supporting herself with a housing subsidy and disability benefits

>Women routinely get turned away from women's shelters because they are overcrowded and dirty.
think you mean homeless shelters you tard,
my sister had a abusive boyfriend and got a free house for two years in a closed community.

There are heaps of organisations that do this

>he actually thinks he understands The U.S.A. and how it works

Dude, you're not even a citizen here. You have no idea what it's like.

Women shelters are one of the highest funded programs in the U.S.A.
They are neither overcrowded nor dirty, they are like fucking hotels.
They are government funded, are very secure, and get tons of money.
They are also conventiely located in the parts of cities where cops are more likely to patrol and in the case of a woman being abused severely, they will post a cop outside of the building until she can be sent to her new life (this is the part where I stated you usually need police reports or court documentation).

and all of it is free to her.

You're asking me to explain my experience to you, but dude. You don't even life here and you're trying to tell me how my country works.

She goes there, with the police reports, they have to take her in, they keep her safe, they move her away.
Nigger boyfriend can't find her.

Wow, is that really that hard to believe?

Your women's shelters might be as you described, yes. I'd believe that since most your cities outside of Brisbane are pretty shitty. I happened to enjoy Brisbane quite a bit.
However the federal government has a fucking hardon for women here.
That's why most women win divorce cases or custody battles, why men sit in jail if a woman even mouths the word rape (with zero evidence a rape happened).

You think a random man is just allowed into a womens shelter?
After hours they don't let anyone in and most cities will also provide an armed guard from a security company at the door.

Look it up or stop trolling.

She was in the wrong, she should not have let herself be found so easy.
Either that or she was letting him know flat out where she was and wanted him to come.

It depends on the shelter and even fluctuates throughout the life of the shelter.

The situation is also a lot different in the US. We've just recently had that big moral panic about domestic violence so the federal government has been shovelling money into it like there's no tomorrow.

The first incident was him breaking down the door and punching her in the face.

Entirely his fault.

Then she tried to leave, was homeless for a while, but he tracked her down and stabbed her in the legs.

So please tell me, if you can't call the police for someone breaking into your house and assaulting you, or TRACKING you down and stabbing you in the legs as you mind your own business, what is their job you fucking retarded bootlicker?

This 100%.
My mom went crazy when I was young, would run around my room breaking shit I bought with money I made from a job I worked. She would then call the police if I made her stop and try to get me thrown in jail at 16. Finally a based cop told her if she ever called him again for some menial shit they'd arrest her and give me 3 days to vacate the premises.

also out of the 6 houses only two were occupied the whole time, and these guys deal solely with this issue, she was refereed to by police because he broke into my eldest sisters house when she first fled from him when she was living thier

Thank you man,
seriously.

Homeless shelters are not coed and can be terrible places as they are often filled to the brim with homeless males.
You're one hundred percent right.

Women's shelters are not homeless shelters.
Homeless are treated like garbage in The U.S.A. if you have a vagina though, you're treated like an abused little princess.

whats funny is that the place group she was with heckled a private rental place to give her a house of her own in the area 1k from the community and they caved, they have 5 vacant houses now

>all the shelters are always working all the time!
huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/domestic-violence-help_n_7537554

inb4 >huffington post
If you want to read about domestic violence you'll need to read about it where it's written. It's not a hot button issue on fucking Breitbart.

The article is a summary of a survey conducted of women's shelters by the NNEDV.

>Over the course of a single day last year, 67,646 adults and children received help from local domestic violence programs. But during that same 24-hour period, 10,871 other requests were not met because advocates did not have enough resources.

"BUT I LIVE HERE" doesn't make you knowledgeable you ignorant fuck. You've literally never used the service, you've literally never read anything about it. I will have to spoon feed you every fucking thing throughout this entire debate because you are stupid ideologue who MUST believe this, or else your entire retarded worldview collapses.

You have no "constitutional right" to soak up welfare in a housing authority, these journalists and lawyers pretend she owns that home. She does not.

And why didn't you house her

Look at that kike brainwashing

That is sadly hilarious.
Anyways, I've seen women here be abused time and time again and they often just go back to the abuser on their own.
However like I stated earlier in the thread, documentation is everything here.

If you have a police report and court ordered restraining order (against your male abuser).
You can pretty much live a life of simple luxury here in The U.S.A. granted you'll never be able to talk to family and friends again, but they will find you a new city, house, and pay for everything you need for a good number of years.

Why women don't choose this route, I have no idea. Just strengthens my argument that they weren't actually abused or maybe they even like that sort of lifestyle.

Cause the government does not play that shit here.
That's how you get lawsuits like OPs quotes are stating. Which is why I believe this is all bullshit.

It cost them less money to just deal with the problem than it would to actually just pay for the bitch to live.

However if she keeps letting him back in and he keeps abusing her, she is obviously scamming the city and government.

Which is why I think they kicked her out.

Just like when mothers get on welfare, because they can't "afford" their children.

you idiot most of these cases the women still want the male to be in their lives thinking they will change, so they don't have the resources to cater to these idiots and think it would be better directed else where.

Also NEVER link to survey or poll that is run in the interest of an organisation do it through a third party non involved org like pew research

I look after my disabled mum, she didn't want to because she would feel guilty

Women shouldn't be allowed to call the police.

Should've had her move and help out

>IT'S ALL LIES, THE WOMEN'S SHELTERS ARE ACTUALLY EMPTY, THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO SCAM MORE MONEY
Okay.

abc.net.au/news/2017-04-01/domestic-violence-survivors-turned-away-full-womens-shelters/8407478

>most of these cases the women still want the male to be in their lives thinking they will change
Literally citation fucking needed.

10,000 unmet requests for help a day due to a lack of resources and your explanation for it is "wanting somewhere to go where you don't get beaten is unreasonable and meeting that request is a waste of resources"?

Lmao that pic.

Didn't read your gigantic wall of text, fuck off.

My eldest sisters in laws and I helped her get her shit for the house she is in, I spent upwards of 2.3k on her for that period alone (5 weeks moving to private rental), I do live 90ks away too.

>huffingtonpost
>huffington
>post

You might as well posted a Breitbart link you autistic faggot.
If you don't know how local programs work, you should shut the fuck up.
I suggest actually researching the programs, since all of them have their own websites. Instead of linking (((news))) with zero citations or links to said programs.

>67k adults and children is not a large number
All of those women and children were given free care at tax payer cost.
That's an insane amount of people.

Fuck you and your socialist garbage, I shouldn't be paying for anyone.
REEEEEEE
Stop dating niggers and spics and this wouldn't be an issue.

Sorry i was under the assumption that you were a guy

>the claim
"Everyone can access women's shelters."
>the counterpoint
10,000 people in a 24 hour period could not, due to a lack of resources.
>the shifted goalposts
"WELL SIXTY THOUSAND COULD SO I'M STILL RIGHT."

No user. No you are not right.

You have no platform to say that someone should have gone to a women's shelter and that because they didn't you don't have to help them WHEN YOU CAN'T GUARANTEE A WOMEN'S SHELTER IS AVAILABLE.

You fucking idiot. You insist on an impossible standard and use that as a justification for your retarded ideas. The worst thing is that there are OTHER, ACTUALLY COMPELLING ARGUMENTS that you could use to support your point but you're too fucking stupid to see them.

>zero citations or links to said programs.
Objectively wrong.

If those idiots accepted a mainland request from housing they would have a home, also my gripe with your source is legit, you wouldn't ask trump to pay a company to see if he is a Russian crony and believe them would you?

>most of these cases the women still want the male to be in their lives thinking they will change
You don't know many women do you

I am....

And you didn't beat this abusive boyfriend of your sister?

No, my brother in law chased him off with a machete though

Still wondering why you didn't beat him

>my gripe with your source is legit
Not really.

Baseless aspersions about a conspiracy are not proof of a conspiracy.

But okay, fine. Give me the exact criteria a source has to meet for you to accept it without any further argument at all as objectively correct, and I will find a source that meets them (conditional on them not being stupid).

>You don't know many women do you
On the contrary, I fucking hate battered women and have very little time and sympathy for them, and if your sister is as much of a dumb bitch as you're making her out to be you should do the world a fucking favour and finish what her boyfriend started.

But.

If you're going to claim that you don't have responsibility on the basis that she should have sought a shelter when you can't guarantee that shelters are available you're fucking right I'm going to call out your fucking hypocrisy.

My step sister got me kicked out of my house for two weeks just by going to the court house and lying. She's called the police on me after telling me her boyfriend is outside and going to kick my ass, and then I shoved him off the porch for beating on the front door. She also called the police on me because I grabbed a bag of chips from her that she was taking up to her room. Bitches cray

>She also called the police on me because I grabbed a bag of chips from her that she was taking up to her room.

>At one point, while she was living in St. Louis, Mr. Henning tracked her down and stabbed her in the legs, the lawsuit says.

Nah, what the hell could have provoked that?

I'm looking up that actual government crime data now.

bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbse&sid=78

>From 1994 to 2010, the overall rate of intimate partner violence in the United States declined by 64%, from 9.8 victimizations per 1,000 persons age 12 or older to 3.6 per 1,000.

fish through here and give me stats not some biased involved org that relies on government money

She sought help from family then the state, at least read my posts first

Why do you think that a crime database would have any information about the number of people refused help at womens' shelters?

Think before you post.

Like I said, I'm willing to abide by your criteria so long as they fucking make sense.

I'm still looking around but I would not trust a source that has a vested interest to inflate and misuse stats for funding.

The crime stats presented say that reported IPV is down %60 so one would assume this would free up resources since then

It sounds absurd, and that's because it is. It actually happened. She's fucking insane.

>I would not trust a source that has a vested interest to inflate and misuse stats for funding.
I still don't think that your fucking vague aspersions qualify as a legitimate concern with the methodology. Just admit that you're too fucking incompetent to see any flaws that are there and so have developed a deep mistrust born out of your inability to independently verify information, and then kill yourself.

nnedv.org/resources/census.html
Here's the methodology used and all the results. If you can't identify an actual empirical flaw, you can kindly shut the fuck up.

>Should women be allowed to be evicted for calling police in domestic violence situations?
Allowed? It should be fucking mandatory you misogynist sexist patriarchial shitlord. Stronk womyn don't need no man to put a roof over her head.

Yes. Holy shit, this is amazing. Fuck the ACLU.

tell me where they get there funding and how they apply for it then

pro-tip; they whinge to senators

I'd be mad too. Maplewood has the best butcher shop in the city (Bolyard's). Not to mention Side Project Cellar, Joy Luck, Fart Taco, the pinball bar, etc

>guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2014/521/973/2014-521973408-0c3e3126-9.pdf

could you please clarify for me this 3.4 million dollar contribution and grants revenue, if most of it is sourced from private individuals I'd concede this?

>more baseless and vague aspersions about a conspiracy that you cannot prove exists because you lack the skill
zzzzzz.

>Just because you're a primary witness doesn't mean you know shit
>Holds MSM above actually being there
>That flag

You forgot: ""evidence" is a cis white male tool of oppression!" 2/10 Apply yourself.

Opinion discarded.

I find it amusing that you think that an interview with a primary witness and a fucking survey of primary witnesses is less credible to you than the half-baked ramblings of a dude who is no more fucking connected to this issue than that he is somewhere in the same (huge) country.

Top fucking lel.

>""evidence" is a cis white male tool of oppression!"
I am the ONLY PERSON who has sourced ANYTHING this entire fucking thread.

lol part VII 1.7 million in government funding, dropped

>more baseless and vague aspersions about a conspiracy that you cannot prove exists because you lack the skill
zzzzzz.

*VIII

dude just give me an INDEPENDENT PRIVATE survey companies stats and I would accept it, they receive to much government funding for me to believe a word they say

You're a good little m'lady. You're embarrassing our flag. You should move to Sweden, they'd love to have you.

Woah commie boy

Home rule. Domestic Violence does not extend protection to situations were fake claims are abusing it.

Elucidate on exactly which part of that is "communist", you asianspic ladyboy shitskin island monkey. If anything, the woman defaulting to the state ("muh cops") everytime her mean boyfriend raises his voice, is communist. The landlord is well within his rights as a provider of a service in the free market to tell her to get the fuck out if she's gonna keep doing it.

If you defend her actions, you're the fucking commie.

>sourcing things
>on Sup Forums

>they receive to much government funding for me to believe a word they say
That

is your problem.

Every single person who writes a tax return has the exact same incentive to lie, and yet we aren't all sent to jail without trial. Why do you think the same treatment is appropriate here? Guilty until proven innocent? By your logic they should have the fraud squad on them simply for existing.

You are creating an impossible standard to avoid admitting being FUCKING WRONG.

Not to mention that you operate on the assumption that more funding is not needed, so everything that says that more funding is needed is just a lie to scam more money. The only evidence you will accept as unbiased is evidence that already agrees with your viewpoint. Everything else will be "tainted" because five generations ago the grandfather of the man who founded the bank that loaned the money to the venture capitalist that invested in the primary business of the charitable donor who once donated a bit of money to the institute that did the private research once had a daughter who was slapped by her husband.

Even if I did find an independent study you'd still claim it as part of the conspiracy because the participants in the study who were being surveyed had an incentive to lie and therefore the data can't be trusted even if the organisation can.

You're a fucking idiot.

Anyway, no such independent study exists because private companies will not do research unless they're paid for it and the only people interested in paying for it are the people involved in it, and government research into it is not private.

No doubt if I link a government study you will claim it's part of the conspiracy. On one hand the domestic violence campaigners have to lie to get money off the government, and on the other hand the government is lying so that it can give them money that they don't need. Right?

This is what I mean when I say impossible standards.

>Even if I did find an independent study you'd still claim it as part of the conspiracy because the participants in the study who were being surveyed had an incentive to lie and therefore the data can't be trusted even if the organisation can.

I have stated I would accept said findings from an independent party, hell i'd be fine if an independent party backed those stats, I'm fine if it was from the government since they have no incentive to spend money needlessly(they still do though) though if it was findings from a party in interest to a government agency it would be a little suspect.

If you think by any source other that NNDEV is impossible then its not a very good source to begin with, if you are not interested in doing so then I kindly disagree with your findings up until this point.

Here's Laurie Maher, quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald in 2015.
>"We've had to knock back 207 referrals for domestic violence this year. We just didn't have the accommodation. Unfortunately, it does mean that some of the women remain in abusive situations."
baka.com.au/nsw/domestic-violence-centres-full-workers-scared-to-criticise-government-20150703-gi4j58.html
Are you saying that she is telling a bald-faced lie?

And HERE is the synthesis report from the Department of Social Services into domestic and family violence and homelessness.
>Box 3.1 indicates that in 2003-04 over 67,000 individuals, including 34,700 children, sought refuge through SAAP services to escape domestic and family violence. While these are significant figures in their own right, alarmingly, some 50 per cent of women who approached a SAAP agency in 2005-06 were turned away because of lack of capacity within the sector to meet demands (AIHW 2007a)
>At present, however, due to a lack of real funding (and no significant increases in operational funding in a decade) and significant decline in social housing, services are struggling to do anything but supply basic core functions.
dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/women/publications-articles/reducing-violence/women-domestic-and-family-violence-and-homelessness-a-synthesis-report?HTML#4j

Now will you shut the fuck up?

>inb4 "it's not america so it doesn't count"

>In 2014, FVPSA grantees reported 196,467 unmet requests for shelter—a 13% increase over those reported in 2010. This represents a count of the number of unmet requests for shelter due to programs being at capacity.
acf.hhs.gov/fysb/resource/dv-homelessness-stats-2016

I went to hell to find this, so you'd better have a good fucking explanation for why you wasted my time on the blindingly obvious fact that domestic violence is under-resourced.

A landlord should be able to evict tenants on any grounds, provided they prorate rent.

That's all you had to do ffs