EARNED not given

In the 90's scifi action film, Starship Troopers, the characters that lived in what seems to be a more militaristic version of future America, had to earn their citizenship, they were not granted it automatically by birth.

Most of the characters in the movie saw enlisting in the military was the easiest option although there were other methods of obtaining it.

Do you think countries in real life would benefit from a system like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ijvTiDnWJLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say KILL EM' ALL!

This is absolute genius.

fuck off and read the book nigger

They would benefit by just going back to how they were pre-WW2.

Why do you need to fuck around with the notion of Nationhood being better when it is more homogeneous.

the only good bug is a dead bug

Im well aware that the books are nothing like the movies you autist.

although both are kind of stupid, I thought the background politics were interesting.

Also was kind of stupid how they wasted foot soldiers on alien bugs that ate up like 2 magazines worth of ammo before they finally died.

Why not just carpet bomb the whole planet and call it a day

and all the adults in the film were missing limbs or were blind.

Even if you didn't want to serve into the military the film stated there were other ways of getting your citizenship:
Paying for it
community service(slave labor)

(((citizenship))) is just that; a kike way of thinking. If you are European and born in Europe, you don't need paper.

Do you understand this? You don't need muh paper when you're in a homogeneous society.

The right to vote and hold office should be restricted to people who:
>are male
>older than 30
>has done mandatory military service
>worked and paid taxes the last 10 years

lite-version addition:
>women who are currently married and have at least 4 children with a man who's eligible to vote, alternatively he gets an additional vote

Uh yeah you do.

If you want to participate in said society and be a functioning member, you have to have something to separate yourself from some tard that doesn't care about your nation's interests and prosperity.
Something that they are not willing to work for because they could give less of a shit. It may just be a "piece of paper" but signifies that you are apart of something greater than just the dirt you walk on.

If that doesn't appeal to you, then go live in the woods or something with all the other animals

Buenos Aires was an inside job. It was a false flag to drum up patriotic fervor to keep an unpopular government in power and get public support for an ill advised invasion. Does that sound familiar to you at all?

I think you should have to be paying taxes to vote. After a certain amount of time, say 15 years, of filing your taxes you get a permanent vote. And military service gives a permanent vote. Would fix a lot of problems within our society.

The problem is we DID used to have systems in place to ensure only qualified people were able to vote but they were all eroded over time. This method would be harder to get rid of because there's no muh dys-crim-uh-nation based on gender or race, but the jews would never stop pushing until it finally happened. That's why democracy is shit. Just keep having votes until someones fucking agenda finally gets through. Universal suffrage is the number one thing that fucked the west.

is that in the books?

Movie is a parody, read the book

see

>community service(slave labor)
That is both right and WRONG. But from the book community service meant taking on jobs for the community such as a police officer, construction, or administrative, tons of options there and after a set number of years citizenship was granted.

Naw,
In the books the alien bugs were actually pretty intelligent and deliberately attacked mankind which justified military action against them.

In the movie, they are just dumb animals which makes it retarded to even think that they were capable of hurling a giant asteroid into the earth.

The bugs in the movie were also intelligent, it's the brainbugs who orchestrated the attack, cunt.

The warrior bugs didn't have intelligence, they simply operated by the brainbug hivemind.

Play the SST game to get an idea of how they work.

>In the 90's scifi action film, Starship Troopers
gj not reading the vastly superior book, you dumb nigger

The difference is quite substantial, cause movie was directed by a lefty, who deliberately tried to make fun of underlying philosophy. Fun fact is that the book may be the first time the concept of powered armour was presented

Its been a while since I saw the movie, but I thought the point was that their Government had no real reason of declaring war with a planet on the other side of the galaxy full of bugs that were no real threat to mankind.

Also, the asteroid catastrophe was a freak accident, it wasn't caused by the bugs.

The film is literally supposed to be a propaganda movie made by the federation, its obvious the bugs arent intelligent in the movie but they're pushing the idea that they are otherwise people might realise Buenos Aires was an inside job

Jet asteroids cant melt steel cities

You literally see in the movie that the asteroid was slingshotted from Klendathu.

At the end of the movie they prevent against future attacks by having orbital guns, preventing follow-up asteroids from hitting.

REEEEEEEEE-watch the movie ffs.

Frankly I find the idea of a bug that thinks offensive

This. Why would you send ground troops? Where are all the furture tanks? This is a mindless waste of human life!?!

We need a sort of a civic lvlup system
Once a child reaches the age when they become an adult person with their own right, they should be send to live in shithole, like Zimbabve, South Africa or Chicago where they continue their education and must prove themselves by surviving and not becoming gangbangers. If they manage to do it, they are transferred to some Islamic shithole for high school where they need to live and avoid getting stoned/beheaded without falling into religious zealotry themselves and if they manage it, they are moved to a 2nd world cunt, like Russia or Belarus, where they will go to college/university and need to resist the temptations of bribing their lectors, drinking vodka and doing krokodil and only if they survive there too they are allowed to return to the first world, educated and redpilled about the world

>Forgetting the scene where the plasma-bugs just decimate the navy in orbit.

I've been saying this for years. It is the perfect system.

I've read the book and while interesting, the movie is better for what it is (a fucking neato burrito sci-fi-action flick).

the movie is federation propaganda. the asteroid scene is just retroactive explanation for the hit on buenas aires. it is heavily implied that the federation either let the asteroid hit and/or it was a complete accident that they blamed on the bugs. just look at the distance between the earth and the bugs--half the galaxy. there is absolutely no way that the bugs could have done that.

it was just used to justify a military build-up and military action for a military society. makes you think

>buenos aires
kek

It's not, at all.

Stop trying to deeply explain something that doesn't have deep explanations.

It's like when art tryhards try to find a meaning to a piece of modern art, when there just isn't one.

Besides, the federation had fought previous alien threats before, and won.

The bugs are just another.

The book is better, however the movie is still really enjoyable

I have a theory. Americans are such an illiterate bunch that when they have read any book, and see a discussion with any media related to it, they have to inject "I READ THE BOOK AND IT IS BETTER, I AM CULTURED".

We fucking get it. The thread is about the film. The film is also better.

it would also make them functionally unable to adapt to civilized life.

Don't forget that from childhood they'd have nigger behaviour and thinking ingrained into them.

it's a movie

the point was to show people getting cut in half by ants

>Future America

Its actually a world government created after a war with the chinks and a period of chaos.

>Sir! My family lived in Buenos Aires!

holy shit, you are a special kind of brainwashed statist.

kys yourself, you r-selected subhuman brood

Yes. When you devalue citizenship you devalue your country in the eyes of everyone.

>the bugs went back in time 700,000 years to dislodge an asteroid from its orbit so it can slowly and precisely traverse the galaxy to hit earth
yeah, nah.

>Citizens canĀ“t vote
>In order to do so you must risk your life
>No other benefits
>People actually enlist

Thats not how humanity works.

>germany
Im not surprised.
You're probably a refugee and find my words confusing.

>what is suspension of disbelief
>what is newtons cradle effect off other asteroids.

Because it wouldn't be relatable or interesting if it was just robots fighting bugs.

yes. that, and not caring so much about non-citizens.

If you are a pussy, there are other alternatives to obtaining citizenship in the movie don't worry.

really, you need it explained and can't figure it out yourself?

>be space faring nuclear power
>wage war against BUGS
>don't use nukes, use physically inferior infantry instead

sounds a lot like "lol we're being attacked by goat ficking sheep herders from sandniggerstan so give the government power even though we already have aircraft carriers and nukes" to me...

Just like your leftists? Those who cannot adapt will stay in the shitholes they can adapt too
They will spend early childhood around the first worlders

Not only they got citizenship, but the right to have children.

The movie was a pardody on fascism so i guess for Sup Forums itd be pretty sweet.

Wiki says either draft, being a guinea pig for chemical trials or hard slave like labor.

lol.

That's a horrible idea, Sergei.

shut up and tell me where I can get some Pashtet

but it would be FUCKING AWESOME
absolutely, the people who sustain a society should always be the first to benefit

You stupid cunt read the book. Much better then that kike movie. The director was trying to lampoon fascism because of said kikery. Ended up fucking himself by making it look somewhat decent. Totally missed the point of the book. And the black pill ending
Read the book. They had the original power armor. The book bugs are nothing like the movie and the power armor was dope. It literally inspired gundam and most mechas/futuristic power armor ever since. And to note all generals/officers were the first to drop and they literally had the fastest/badass armor and were meant to lead the vanguard.

It's propaganda, they hired young attractive bad actors typical of a propaganda piece, they're all white United statesians in Argentina to simulate their idea of a perfect society, the film is interspersed with ad breaks for more propaganda to suggest it's on some state sanctioned channel one of which even has an actor from the movie, this is way beneath his military rank and isnt even related to his tole but makes sense for an actor, our heroes all fly through the ranks easily and then at the end they all decide how they want to go career in the army, then it has a recruitment advert. How fucking dense can you be to still not understand it, it's not even deep nobody is projecting it's clearly a supposed to be a federation propaganda movie.

Buenos Aires was a false flag, wake up people. Meteors don't travel FTL, how did it get to earth in such a short time? What else are (((they))) not tell you about?

>russia
>2nd world
>not zimbabwe tier

kys ivan

>Do you think countries in real life would benefit from a system like this?
>People in ST are braindead monsters in a society where it is expected for young people to suffer the horrors of war merely to perpetuate a system run by people who don't want to have their own suffering mean nothing in the end thus running a vicious cycle.
Absolutely not.

Movie literally shows the asteroid coming out of warp right in front of Denise Richard's ship, you fucking retard.

I did read the book you nerd

Nah. The book is superior. The movie COULD have been great, but fucked up hard on a lot of things. And as per the concept of the thread the path to being able to vote in the books is superior to the movie. But you don't get to read much prepping all those Bulls so you get a pass cuck

If their society was functional and humanity behaved like that at all, there wouldn't be the need for conscripts in war.

>it's totally not propaganda, goys.
youtu.be/ijvTiDnWJLE
the whole fucking movie was satirizing the book and fascist ideals.
check out some of verhoeven's other films. he shat on oppressive governments and big business in total recall with how they treated the mars mutants. in robocop the omnicorp buys out the detroit police and turns officer murphy into omnicorp property.
lrn2cinemaphile, faggotkike.

Literally better than germanistan
I can go out unarmed freely without the danger of being rammed by a truck of piss or that my gf will be raped in front of my eyes

Sounds like living in a multicultural city desu

i actually fucking agree with this, make them realize their privilege

Even without the flag can tell you're Muurican.

>> Why not just carpet bomb the whole planet and call it a day

Jesus Christ America - superior firepower, is not always the way.

>Movie literally shows the asteroid coming out of warp right in front of Denise Richard's ship
HOL UP
SO YOU B SAYIN
BUGS
HAD TECH N' MACHINES
TO TELLY BIG ROCKS
CROSS SPACE N' SHIT
????

I would like to know more.

You guys realize it was that way all along. Only recently has it been easy to get to the US.

The voyage across the atlantic was a hard one that weeded out the scrap. After the voyage, you'd have to build your own goddamned house. It's the only reason why America was ever great. Not like now when you can just sit your way here with an in-flight movie to an already safe and established community with free healthcare.

*That* is the redpill on America's past "greatness". The people cause it, not the govt/president.

In movie they used plasma bugs or something to propel that asteroid from Klendathu quarantine zone into Earth.

Book mentions soldiers in power armor shooting nukes, so in movie it was just artistic choice (and ofc technical/financial reasons).

Bugs were actually smart with space travel and lasers.

Yes. Every American should be required to complete two years of civil service work when they turn 18. There would be three options - National Defense, National Service, and National Outreach - corresponding to military service, domestic volunteer work, and international outreach, respectively.

Everyone would be compensated for their service, but not upfront. Your pay would be received at the conclusion of your two year term in the form of either a college or entrepreneurial grant (tax free) or cash (taxed at the normal rate). Young people would have to earn their citizenship by giving back to their country, and at the same time would receive a little support that will hopefully encourage them to get into higher education or business when they finish. Different branches would receive different benefits, with military service obviously carrying the most risks and therefore the most benefits.

This actually sounds pretty good

>Implying you have free healthcare

it's funny that you're so conspiratorially minded that this what you see in the movie. to me the movie explains everything fairly plainly. I'm not saying you're wrong but, the movie doesn't allude or make any suggestions of conspiracy being the case. sure it's open to interpretation but there's certainly no way of proving your version of the story to be what the creators originally intended.

>Reminder that kind of system will never exist unless Humanity gains a mutual enemy that unites everyone against it.

In Starship Troopers a fuck-scary alien race made up of giant creepy arachnids, brain eating slugs, body-raping mosquitoes and lava breathing scarabs, that require way too many rifle shots too die and have the ability to shit out blue plasma turds that can travel giant distances in space and hit planets with pin point precision, completely leveling cities AND that also have the physiological means of spreading from planet to planet via fast reproduction, Zerg rushing everything and everyone, is threatening Earth and every single Human in the Galaxy.

These aliens are terrifying, merciless and they show no empathy. They are not humanoids, nor do they seem interested in diplomacy. They're fucking giant insects.

Forming a world-united Militaristic Society would be the natural Human reaction to this event.

>I remember people saying this movie praised Fascists. Only an Intellectual would think something that stupid.

Good Movie. This one and "Serenity" are my favorite space movies.

>plasma bugs
>from the other side of the galaxy

The whole movie was an in universe propaganda film. The meteor was a false flag to justify an attack on the bug planets, conquer territory, and drag the whole planet into war. Are we to believe our hero pilot is so good as to avoid a meteor travailing near or above light speed but the ship does not have auxiliary communications devices?

The gas attacks in Syria are a more convincing ploy

that film was satire by the way

I would like to know more.

Free when you're illegal and you don't pay taxes. Costly for me when I just did my taxes and had to pay an extra "Shared Responsibility Payment" for a healthcare system I have never used because I take the damned stairs and shit.

I fucking hate communism.

We'll be somewhere between gattica and starship troopers with a little idiocracy sprinkled in for good measure.

The book is totally different from the movie, yes. But not in the same way that most movies are different from the books that they come from.

The creator of starship troopers the movie actually never read the book or even knew of its existence when he was making the movie. It was only during the making of the movie that the book was brought to his attention. Once he realized how similar his story in the book was he decided to embrace this, and he even changed character names and the movie title to match the book. But this is why the movie loses a lot of the message that the book was trying to convey.

In the books the soldiers were much more proficient in what they were doing thanks to enhanced mech suit. Also there were multiple alien races in the book not just the bugs.

The book is great and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the movie. At the same time I still thoroughly enjoy the movie too. And the idea that citizenship and voting is earned rather then a right it's something I can definitely get behind. Want to have kids? Serve in the military. Want to run for office? Serve in the military. Want to vote? Serve in the military. You don't have to serve in the military, but then you don't get the rights of citizens, which some civilians have no problem with. It's an ideal society based on merit.

>all things being equal, sometimes it's better to pick the option that results in more of your own people dying

What kind of logic is that?

Oh lord, how far you have fallen, Achmed.

yes this a parody of propaganda. But it does not imply the entire event was a false flag. Propaganda is at it's strongest when capitalising on a real event. I think the story would be a good deal more interesting if it actually was centered around a corrupt government capable of this kind of false flag, but I've watched the film many times and that does not seem to be the case. This is a simple movie for a simple minded audience, and it works.

The book used to be required reading for some branches of the military. The book is a pretty solid prediction of the future. Countries in South America will eventually surpass those of Middle and North America.

Would you like to know more?

>had to earn their citizenship, they were not granted it automatically by birth
we do that already

lol sure they will esteban

Do you really want your military full of shitskins?

Would have to give it a read sometime.

But OPs question applies to the book as well

sounds like a good plot for a movie, someone should make this, battle royal-ish

Humanity eventually fell into this system without the external threat. It's kinda glossed over in the novel. But if you think about it it could happen if all your soldiers globally say fuck you to politicians. Prob after a brutal war