When did you finally grow out of atheism, Sup Forums?

When did you finally grow out of atheism, Sup Forums?

Didnt grow out of not believing in god, but i do now realize that christianity is an important part of my culture and it is my duty to preserve it by pretending i believe in god and being an active member of my chirch community. If you believe in god youre a retard, but if you reject the religion of your ancestors you are a disgrace

Remember that you only believe in god and other shit because your parents brainwashed you at a young age

My parents were atheists, I was raised with no religion, and came to Christ through my own force of will.

Try again Ahmed.

The minute I picked up the Qur'an and read it's sublime beauty

They all look so happy. They were probably overfilled with so much enlightenment, that all of their faces broke.

>christ

Literally me

20, then I started respecting my ancestors by not converting into Shitianity. I mean I would be literal cuckold if I actually converted into Christianity.

same

Paganism as you almost certainly imagine it IS jewish propaganda. It is a construct made up by Jewish-dominated past-Enlightenment academia that has almost fucking nothing in common with what even ancient Greeks, never mind practicers of paganisms from which very little survived to our day, like that of the Norse, actually believed. It was made up to seem anything more than a collection of bloody and incosistent superstitions specifically to undermine Christianity.

Take a look at the most advanced paganism in history, Hinduism. A small bunch of Christian adventurers BTFOed a whole sub-continent its adherents and their descendants only failed to kept India under their thumb due to events that flowed from the Europe abandoning Christianity. Hinduism also was not very successful at teaching people to poo in loo of course.

Your ancestors have been christian since the 11th century, but I guess it's ok to disrespect certain ancestors and respect others right?

Don't you have some refugee feet to kiss? I mean what you're posting is completely un-Christian.

What makes you think that you get to talk about my ancestors, Turkish rape baby? My ancestors are from Lapland, almost nobody converted there. Don't talk about things you don't understand. Then again, that would mean you wouldn't talk at all.

>be Norwegian
>live in a shithole, basicly mudhut tier
>"muh vikings"
>our only accomplishiments so far is infighting, "breddy gudd :DD" boats and shamanistic shit
>Hvitekrist (White Christ) comes and saves us
>Suddenly we have writing (inb4 muh futhark, runes are retarded), agriculture and society
>a few hundred years later we're amongst the richest countries in the world
>some faggot welfare queen kills a man and tries to tell us christianty is bad

Why do you think LARPagans deserve anything other than ridicule?

Αρναkι το πασχα, φλορε.

Lmao Lapland, you don't even have anything to be proud of anyway, you do realize this, right?
Τράβα δημοτιkό ρε ζωντόβολο ούτε ορθογραφία δεν ξέρεις

>Needing that chr*stian cuck religion in your life to keep your community together.
Your countries are being conquered by a more dominant and violent religion how can you think it means anything these day?

You're a retard.
If you dont believe then you reject witch makes you a disgrace.

last year through yoga and crowley

When I got redpilled. I'm now more agnostic and defend Christianity against attack.
I tell people I'm Catholic.
Fuck the cuck Pope.

με πλοιγωσαις τα εσθυματα

This tbqh (minus the edgy shit)

This.

I'm agnostic but Christianity is the reason for Western superiority, thus we must protect it. DEUS VULT

While I don't hold any religious belief, I recently realised the roles that religions fulfill cannot be replaced by political ideologies efficiently on the long run.

When I was 17 and discovered Apologetics.

>Fuck the cuck Pope.

This but I'm an actual catholic.

Like 5 years ago.

At one point my ancestors believed the earth was flat, so they werent necessarly always right.
I was born and raised a Christian and at 13 I told my parents I didn't believe in God and didn't want to go to church.
I cannot deny the existence of a God, no one can.
But I am pretty fucking sure the Hebrew god most worship is nothing more than another fictional story used and abused by Jews, Muslims and Christians to kill and steal lands.

>When I was seventeen,
>I drank some very good beer,
>I drank some very good beer
>I purchased with a fake ID.
>My name was Brian McGee,
>I stayed up listenin' to Queen
>When I was seventeen.

>When did you finally grow out of atheism, Sup Forums?
After I stopped being a teenager

Crikey, a shitpost! She's a real beauty...

You realise the Pope isn't infallible and you can criticise him, right?

papal infallibility only applies if a proclamation is given, so you can argue against his actions or opinions.

A few years ago I started to understand the positive role religion has played for western civilization, understood what role atheism plays in degeneracy etc. It slowly progressed from there until eventually I stopped calling myself atheist. I was an edgy atheist for a long time though it took me forever to deprogram myself from the "Hurr durr all religious people worship the sky man XD dumb" and study religions objectively.

At this point I don't really know what to call myself but I believe in a higher power.

Have you read any books on the matter?

Never, just changed my views
>strong not give a fuck growing up
>grand autismo debating faith in hs
>went agnostic
>population controlled by jews controlled by lizard governmets
Now I believe in ancient alien deities and how we should correct our ways

؜ when you realize none of it matters and nobody gives a shit anyways

؜ this is the only reason to have an aversion to Christianity. Honestly, the fact that the eldest ancestors were pagan before converting to the sandnigger's christianity makes me really question the foundations of Christianity and something i'm still not really sure about

>makes me really question the foundations of Christianity and something i'm still not really sure about

Isn't the fundamental narrative behind the holy book more of a nuisance?

no

You always end up believing what's more convenient for yourself, then you make up your own reasons for it. Only a handful of people in the world base their opinions off a careful ideologically reasoned system that stands on its own merits.

>the narrative behind the holy book
So, you're saying that the narrative in the holy book is essentially a bunch of silly stories and tall tales and its odd why anyone would bother to find any meaning in it?

I mean, I wouldn't say that's a nuisance, the narrative in the holy book has always been picked from and interpreted in vastly different ways. What's more important is the culture that Christianity created in the west. i.e. the moralism, the faith, the community.

hmm, I suppose all the good, refined behaviors that organized religion brought to the West wasn't something that was readily found in pagan religions. Or maybe it was. i'm not well-read at all on the subject

When I became a nihilist.

؜ >Only a handful of people in the world base their opinions off a careful ideologically reasoned system that stands on its own merits.
even if such a person existed, their opinion has no more value than the next persons

Why am I so frustrated that Jordan Peterson is included in that image...

lol you're an idiot
here's a clue, despite what you read on here not everything in the world is done by jews

Eh, it sounds to me like you've fallen for some heavy Christian/anti-atheist propoganda. You were really convinced that Christian morals are a necessity to thriving of our modern Western civilization?

Yes, Christianity may have happened to be the major religion which was utilized by westerners of old to build and destroy empires of old, but that has less to do with Christian morals being beneficial to Western civilization and more to do with, say, Constantinople deciding to make Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire.

Just because you were one of those juvenile edgy atheists that didn't know how to think about religion in any way besides reductio ad absurdums, doesn't mean that you couldn't have been more studied in regards to theology and still hold the same valid nonbelief in any type of supernatural being.

Why do people in here feel the need to uphold this (now embarrassing) Christian legacy? Because our fuckwitted ancestors didn't have a clue about how the world really worked and were forced to settle on some overarching supernatural cult to explain everything?

The Pope said this year that it's worse to be a nonbelieving Christian than an atheist, you are a retarded cuck

When I realized all that matters is the maximisation of the chances of survival. Survival being DNA survival, and therefore cross and multi-generational survival (the whole reason why exist in the first place).

>Aka; the righteous inherit the earth
>Aka; what made me grow out of Scientism and Atheism was those very movements themselves.

The pope is the anti-christ

Austism

Never, specially after I realize you can be both atheist and still have a meaning in life without the necessity for made up dogma. Nihilism is a disease, but non-factual religion is not the best cure.

I never did. But christianity is good for controlling the masses. Atheism should be reserved for the ruling class.

>So, you're saying that the narrative in the holy book is essentially a bunch of silly stories and tall tales and its odd why anyone would bother to find any meaning in it?
No, I'm saying the broader narrative is off-putting. It's not that the stories are silly, it's that God and the reasons for our existance as presented in the Bible are rather silly, particularly in the Old Covenant. Inherently, God is either too silly or too crual no matter how you look at it, and the big change in divine policy between the old and the new Covenant makes it all the more head-scratching.

>What's more important is the culture that Christianity created in the west. i.e. the moralism, the faith, the community.
I agree. This is why, eventhough I still find religion to be incredibly silly in general, I've stopped being an antitheist. Religion serves its purpose.

>hmm, I suppose all the good, refined behaviors that organized religion brought to the West wasn't something that was readily found in pagan religions.
Pagan religions were organised.
Christianity brought two things to Europe: 1) a sense of unity that was previously lacking despite the Romans' best efforts. 2) a clean-up of residual, toxic values (human sacrifice, for example). As for the rest, it was either present in some form in the original culture or Christianity was changed to adapt to the local beliefs and culture. This is where the great divide between Christian designations come from.

>the Pope is trying to kill Christianity
Business as usual

>implying the Moralism & aversion to degeneracy that Christianity brought to the west was present before christianity arrived
>implying Christian morality isn't supremely different compared to Atheist morality i.e. a tremendous aversion to degenerate behaviors not found in atheists
>implying you aren't finding a few common points in both atheist morality and christian morality to consider them "one and the same" (i.e. hurr they both think its bad to kill people lmao)

>some overarching supernatural cult to explain everything?
Implying very christian scientists weren't responsible for the vast majority of scientific advancements since the renaissance

Don't kid yourself my dude, you are a fedora tipper.

The current pope is also a huge fucking faggot. He should kill himself for the disgrace he brings to the Vatican. Enlightened theocrat my ass

>their opinion has no more value than the next persons
True, it doesn't have more inherent value, but it does make that kind of person more credible and more coherent.

>pretending because muh culture
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

So you pretend to believe in god?...

That's what Billy-Bob McFatfuck actually does.

It's sad isn't it?

Atheism is no belief in God.

Believing in evolution and the big bang is not atheism its called being intelligent.

Why is he an alt-righter, that I don't understand.

I told that dead guys brother on Twitter I was glad his brother wasn't alive to see his cuckoldry. Felt just awful about it, he replied.

>christianity is an important part of my culture
Explain this

thankfully i was that edgy kid just for a few months, was close to reaching full fedora mode to be honest luckily I found adolf hitler and realised how degenerate my way was. I was even listening to those slayer meme songs

>Jordan Peterson the cuck whisperer
>Alt right
Can you not

This. In fact both theories were developed by christians. Intelligent chrostians.

Never really cared about this topic. Actually no one cares if you believe in something or not, so just keep it to yourself.

>ceiling cat
god damn that's some ancient memery here

>catholicism
Kek

>not caring when muds beleive they need to kill you and your loves ones to get into heaven

I never did, but I don't push it on anyone and I have a great deal of respect for western religion- especially the Catholic church- probably the most charitable organization in human history. Mainstream atheists who chastise and hate Catholicism piss me off.

why have there been so many of these threads?

>catholics
lol

>"implying the Moralism & aversion to degeneracy that Christianity brought to the west was present before christianity arrived"
No, I'm not. But just because Christianity had a hand in spreading those values in the distant past, doesn't mean they serve a useful purpose in today's world.

>"a tremendous aversion to degenerate behaviors not found in atheists"
Oh yes, Christianity brought a tremendous aversion to what degeneracies exactly, some gay-play? Not forcing every woman to carry every baby ever conceived to term like some reproductive slave? Pedophilia? Oh wait, no it didn't quite get that last one. But at least the New Testament encouraged serve their masters like they'd serve Christ, can't stand those degenerate disobedient slaves.

>Implying very christian scientists weren't responsible for the vast majority of scientific advancements since the Renaissance
Again, I didn't imply that anywhere. Of course they were Christian scientists, their society expected it. Maybe people like you wouldn't have taken their scientific work as seriously if the atheist scientists had been honest about their beliefs. I can gaurantee you, if the general public of the time knew that Einstein thought the Bible was "the most childish superstition", his work would have been shunned or dismissed in many places around the world. Oh, what a blessing the Christian values of credulity and faith have been to our doubt-based science system... Give me a break.

Islam and refugees are not welcome here mate.

Mass protection of child raping priests while claiming to be a moral authority.

The Catholic Church ain't all good.

Ever heard of the Reichskonkordat?

...At least they do charity, right??

18 i think maybe 19

>christian scientists
>Again, I didn't imply that anywhere.
Oh huh, what was this then: Because our fuckwitted ancestors didn't have a clue about how the world really worked and were forced to settle on some overarching supernatural cult to explain everything?

Wow, fucking edgy you retard.

>Maybe people like you wouldn't have taken their scientific work as seriously if the atheist scientists had been honest about their beliefs
>implying all the smartest people in the world weren't ACTUALLY christian, they obviously subscribed to my belief system
Just kill yourself

This
You are gay

Yeah I'm from Boston, and I know you're right. But I've seen what a healthy dose of Christianity can do for someone that needs guidance in their life. My mother used to be a depressed alcoholic and all around shitty person, but when she found god and dropped booze she became so much better for it. Faith was the best thing that ever happened to her, and I respect the power it can have to change some people's lives for the better.

A good act does not wash out the bad; nor does a bad act wash out the good.

So you assume that by "fuckwitted ancestors" who "didn't have a clue about the world", that I was referring to the christian scientists who made the most groundbreaking discoveries in history? I was talking about the founders of Judaism/Christianity and their early followers, you dipshit. Try again.

And no, I didn't imply all the smartest "christian" scientists were actually atheists, I'm just pointing out that if any WERE, it would be very unlikely that it would've been public knowledge. What do you not understand about what I'm saying? I'm not implying any of this bullshit you're putting in my mouth.

Pretty much me, except I call myself a Catholic (not baptised and don't really like the current Pope so I'm not really)

the catholic church does some nasty shit to be honest, like any huge organization. it is not especially bad, but it is pretty damn corrupt.

Catholic aesthetics are fucking lit tho. 10/10, I've thought about going to mass just because it is so aesthetic. deist btw

>the religious bullshit is OK
>but fuck god
You have fallen for Satan's tricks yet agian,you blind fool

I'm a deist now, but I seriously worry for the well-being of people who really believe in spiritual warfare. My uncle is a fundamentalist, and he has a lot of kids, he's based desu because he homeschools them, and his wife (my aunt i'm not related to) is gorgeous and traditional af. The only problem I have with him is that he's raised all the kids in the context of "spiritual warfare" so they are afraid of literally everything until he tells them it's not satan. Bit creepy desu. Still based overall.

lel the filter is back

Homeschool is not a good thing. Maybe for the education but not for the kid. Every single person I've met who was homeschooled acts weird as fuck in social situations and are usually virgins until their 20's.

yeah, the kids are well-mannered and intelligent, but a bit too shy. Their education has been trash, literally nothing but fundie stuff, but they are still stimulated and have good genes. Cousin got a 36 on the ACT, don't know of any other tests she's taken. The whole family is antivaccine. I think they are "Christian Zionists" lol, I remember going to his house for a couple weeks and he was shilling for Israel so hard when I was like 10. He bought stock in that retareded fundie oil company that was trying to explore in Israel lololol what a retard.

Still based because he has 9 white kids. I want to fugg his wife, she is sooooooo qt ;_; reeeeeee

if i got her preggers noone would know, it wouldn't look that much different from the others

>tfw you will never get gently molested by your qt aunt when you are starting puberty
>tfw she will never teach you how to fugg and make you promise not to tell anyone ever

why live

this

>catholicism