Does anyone else think that (((free tuition))) is pointless?

Does anyone else think that (((free tuition))) is pointless?

>But educating everyone helps the economy, goyim!

Proof? It definitely profits the colleges and the banks, but I don't see how having a free degree in women's studies makes you employable. In fact, merely having a degree is not enough to make you employable any more. So when will we stop with this meme?

If free tuition were restricted to more useful degrees such as engineering, then maybe it would be helpful. But it's stupid to have taxes going to funding students taking queer theory or whatever, while everyone else is paying tens of thousands to study. Why not meet in the middle and make college affordable, to those who actually want to pursue something worthwhile?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFvT_qEZJf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there is free college and it's called the SAT/ACT

if you're too stupid to get a 30+ on the ACT then you're too stupid to have higher education

free tuition is a great idea up to a point.
For an entire bachelors level, it should only be free for those pursuing degrees of direct and immediate value to the person and the country.
Was distracted by the ass and just finished reading your post, yes it should be restricted to fields such as engineering at the undergraduate level. This should also be applicable to underserved trades skills as well.
So, trades, engineering fields, computer science, philosophy (this will make some of yall laugh, but a citizen that can think properly is valuable), economics (still has a lot of ground to be covered as a field),
More simply though, instead of direct government intervention the government could create incentives for companies that would have them sponsor students and then that student would have a X year work contract after graduation. Some companies already do this outright and some already will pay for an employee to get more schooling, but it would be better if via tax incentives or something this were expanded.

i think it's a terrible idea. anytime the government gets involved with a market then the price steadily increases. the reason being government can always afford the bill so demand is no longer determined by financial considerations of the students. the system slowly becomes less efficient and costs bloat.
after all, why not get a $200,000 ph d in women's studies if taxpayers will foot the bill instead of the student? why not hire 600 liberal professors and increase tuition to $50,000 a semester if the government is going to pay for it?
taxpayers will feel this when the government has to sell more bonds and increase taxes to pay them.
NY state just passed a law to make tuition free as long as the student stays in the state for 4 years after they graduate, even if they just sit on their asses NEET style.

>college
>education

Topkek

Nothing is free and....

BBBBBRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPP

You're wrong. Bachelor's degrees are worthless because everyone alreadu has one

Its tax payers funding their own indoctrination. The fact that a small amount of the populace will end with up with some useful skills is incidental

I got a 31 on my act and still had trouble getting into college. I had a 4.0 GPA, the highest I could get from my shit High School.

This. Free college means even more degrees flooding the market, further devaluing them. The people who could actually contribute to the economy after schooling already go to school - this is just inviting everyone else in to "level the playing field". I see several reasons:

>brainwash more of the population with leftist LGBTQ+ communist propaganda
>flood the market with degrees making them 1) worthless and 2) necessary for any job, which forces everyone to go to college to have a chance at any employment
>more money from textbooks, fees etc.
>hamfisted attempt to end white 'privilege' by filling schools with nigs and nig accessories

The last one is especially heinous; I grew up in California in a shitty Bay Area town and googles poison everything they touch, including classrooms. The assumption is that blacks are poor and as such they can't go to school but if school were free then they could enter and be as successful as whites. What really happens is they ruin the classroom environment and everybody's education suffers as a result. What libs see as an effort to bring blacks up to the level of whites in reality brings whites down to the level of blacks.

>says the guy with the worthless bachelors
Engineering, economics, math, etc can land you a decent paying job easily.

Should have checked the box that said black

I couldn't even get any merit based loans. Or any non standard supplemented loans. I decided to work full time and pay out of pocket. Why should tax payers shell out a shit ton of money to a failing education system. Colleges charge way too much and pay their educators way too little. They don't even hire teachers full time for the most part. I had the same teacher at two different colleges that I was going to simultaneously to fit my schedule.

If college was free the expectation to get a education at one would be mandatory for almost every job.

A degree would no longer be a degree, it would be HS diploma 2.0

There are already numerous ways of free tuition.
1. Work hard enough to get a scholarship. Seriously, there are tons of them. You just have to look and apply.
2. Military (at least in the U.S.). Serve for a number of years and enjoy your free college.
3. Just go to a cheaper community college, which still gives you the same education and degree and a lower cost.

I'm not paying extra tax dollars so some fuckhead can teach my kids why white people are evil. Fuck that.

Education should be free but degrees shouldn't.

Agree.

Free education made sense when everyone was illiterate, now it's just pointless.

Muh credential inflation.

as the job market gets fucked school time extends itself
college is now high shcool 2.0
when college was hard not everyone had degrees
now that college is easy, you need masters and when everyone has a master then phd
whatever to keep people buying years and not finding a job
the goverment want this to lower the unemployed numbers
in 20 years we will have half the population with phd

Public education up to ~14 year old makes sense, for everything after that subsidized education at best only makes sense for a small subset of the population.

>making college thirteenth grade totally won't cause prices to rise and the value of a college degree to plummet

>based nip bro

The last line of "The Trees" by Rush pretty much sums it up.

>muh useless majors meme
Practically no major is useless. Gender studies? Newspaper writers, columnists HR, will hire them. It's about supply and demand. Hard sciences aren't impervious to saturation too. Theres too many shitty compsci majors nowadays

>Does anyone else think that (((free tuition))) is pointless?

Yes, colleges will just make up dumb as fuck courses for the rubes in order to sponge free money off of the state.

Take a look at humanities courses, these are completely worthless for anything other than indoctrination and filling the colleges coffers.

>the womens studies meme
I just don't want my degree to be more worthless. I need to find work and don't have a 4.0 gpa.
t; CS major

>Why should tax payers shell out a shit ton of money to a failing education system.

Because boomers have been conditioned since birth to believe that higher education = higher employee value.

So, what the boomers could accomplish with k-12, the rest of us have to go into permanent debt slavery to not even be able to achieve.

Sucks, man.

Companies used to train employees, now they demand the employees do the training themselves, and then they complain that they can't find decently trained workers.

it's a maddening catch-22 of cost cutting stupidity, all they are interested in next quarters profit margin.

Reddit

Boomers are literally worse than kikes

>Boomers are literally worse than kikes

No...

Boomers are the mind controlled slaves of jews.

Subtle difference, I grant you.

vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=HFvT_qEZJf8

(((free tuition))) is a win-win for the kikes. They get more money through taxes and are allowed to brainwash more of the masses.

>philosophy
>profitable degree

look buddy obiously its good to have people who can think, but that doesnt mean its a profitable degree. if anything they should just teach everyone philosophy in high school. I personally dont see a need for some ass hole to consider himself the designated thinker of the society, who thinks its his privileged to tell everyone else what they should be doing, while they sit on there as.

sorry smells like some commie intelligentsia bull shit

>mfw I never read these threads and am only here to reverse search the image and close the thread

The entire 4 year university system needs to go a away
It is a shitty and inefficient form of credentialism

Or let people learn in on their own
There is no reason anyone actually needs a degree in philosophy

>It is a shitty and inefficient form of credentialism
i wouldn't say this. But making college like high school is stupid as well.

How does wasting resources on a bunch of service sector drones (who will be replaced and placed on welfare in the near future) help the economy? Who's economy does it help? Ours or the (((managers))) economy?

My cousin has a Bachelors of Philosophy. Teaches middle school history and loves it.

enough training to start almost every job takes the exact same amount of time
What a coincidence
If I want to be a doctor but for some reason I need to take this sociology class

brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaapppp

Free education used to be good. Before the flood of 17year-old engineer neurosurgeons.

Colleges should not have endowments and should be regulated like a utility company as they are strategic assets of the US. Also, student loans guarantees should be abolished and treated like any other debt.

The feds are the biggest employer in the country
If they had an alternative to a 4 year degree in hiring it would quiky gain acceptance

The STEM degrees here in America got under-valued super quick because like 8 years ago, all these news articles came out saying that we need more people (mainly girls and minorities) to get STEM degrees. I have a STEM degree and an MBA and finding a job is a nightmare.

I do agree with how only certain degrees should be free but is right on how he have TOO many degrees fllooding the market and the leftist LGBTQ+ communist propaganda bullshit is REAL here. Since Germany is a smaller country, I can see your idea working however.

The trade skills here in america need to have more emphasis put on them also.

I agree. Something like the Navy Nuclear Propulsion program takes high school kids that are moderately intelligent and turns out nuclear engineers.

>The STEM degrees here in America got under-valued super quick because like 8 years ago, all these news articles came out saying that we need more people (mainly girls and minorities) to get STEM degrees
It depends what you mejored in
Computer programmers are still in so much demand you dont need a degree

It's a fucking jew scam. If you aren't smart/capable of studying, or if you're projected occupation does not require such studying, you ought not to fucking go to college.

Not so difficult. No but everyone and their moms's cunts go to college now for the "experience." Which really just means paying $200K to get blasted off Smirnoff and then fucked by Tyrone and Chaz 4 nights a week.

>free tuition restricted to useful degrees
This is literally the answer. Government needs to stop spending money to import chinks who's parents already bought degrees for and start investing in its own people. Of course any suggestion like this is always met with hate from the libtards because it defeats the "ah need muh immigration becuz I can't find anyone in the country with skills" argument

>Engineering, economics, math, etc can land you a decent paying job easily.

Not in the US. Unless you're a woman.

10/10 nigress

would buy at auction

Yeah except companies considering most of them are all globalist ones here would rather have our tax dollars spent to find someone nonwhite who already has a degree

pic related has gay tranny thighs

that's an asian

Well I'm doing a really good network engineering course for free and if I had to actually pay the amount the course cost, I'd be kinda fucked financially.

It gives me a lot more freedom and it doesn't give me a tonne of debt for later in life.

Also, if you pay for the course and decide it's actually just bullshit, say goodbye to a few thousand £/$

It's only going to be shit if you take the pointless courses that are obvious propaganda. What'd be wrong with doing a STEM degree?

Problem is companies would rather hire some nonwhites with a degree from some good looking school than someone with a degree from a cheaper one. The solution to kill 2 birds with one stone is to start offering actual useful skills only while abolishing leftard brainwashing alltogether

How?

haha I agree. I learn everything from twitter and cartoons

As opposed to unemployment and more nonwhite immigration because companies need someone with degrees?

There is no free tuition, only state-subsidized tuition through taxation, aka theft.

*sniff sniff*

Whole point is we need a way of teaching our people useful fucking skills instead of importing spoiled chinks who's slaveowner parents bought 4 degrees for

>If college was free the expectation to get a education at one would be mandatory for almost every job.
Only if there's a shortage of jobs, which is actually a problem that the government can solve pretty easily.

The more educated a country's workforce is, the more high value work can be done, and the less the people capable of high value work are competing with everyone else for low value work.

Scotland has a system called SAAS which pays for uni/college tuition and offers grants.

Gettin paid to go to free uni for 3 days a week. Fucking dope m8

The problem is the government doesn't want people who can think, and are behind the push for women studies and LGBT crap.

"Free college" is just another way the government can control what you learn.

Free tuition would only be a scheme to prop up their indoctrination centres.

The "education" they're selling is NOT WORTH what they're trying to charge for it, and EVERYBODY KNOWS IT.

A degree is no guarantee of ANYTHING: the only thing you're guaranteed of, is that you are going to be MASSIVELY brainwashed. YOU will pay for your own ideological indoctrination. Then you will spend the bulk of your prime years on the fucking treadmill paying it back. And the investment class will be skimming off the top like they always do. It's a sucker's play now. You can learn anything you want on your own. The university system is in DIRE need of implosion.

Y'know, a lot of these assumptions about humanities and what college is like makes me think that the majority of Sup Forums didn't go to college.

In a lot of ways it already is

Way to provide examples

The military literally trains people to save lives as well.

Neither is free, different people just foot the bill.

The thing about college is everyone wants you to have an official fucking degree or they won't even look at your resume. The era of people being able to teach themselves something and then get a job using that has been killed. Friend of mine probably knows more about programming from what he's taught himself over the years than what they'll teach you in college but he's still stuck doing oil changes and fixing laptops because he doesn't have that nice expensive piece of paper. companies will go across the globe to look for some mediocre shitskin with that paper and then bribe the gov for a visa for it before they'll even consider a talented person in this country who learned the skill themselves probably from the same material you'd find in a college anyway

Welcome to globalism. Hope you enjoy being a numbered slave for (((them))) because you're an evil Nazi if you dont

It pretty much is mandatory for any job that pays enough to fucking live on

If you don't have a college degree or trades certificate (done at a college and basically the same cost) enjoy working multiple jobs just to survive in some run down $1000 a month shit apartment

youre right and i need glasses

would still buy though

>tax junk degrees like gender studies
>subsidise good degrees like engineering
problem solved

>jewish lives

It's a fucking shame because higher education used to actually support a free discourse of opposing ideas (and ideals).

I currently attend a top jewed-out university, and I can tell u first hand it is a fucking SCAM.

It is nothing more than one huge fucking echo chamber. Where professors indoctrinate their pupils and the pupils police themselves, making sure no one steps out of line, saying anything that might contradict the religion that's pumped into our heads.

It doesn't take a genius to find out that most people who take women's studies gender studies etc don't find fuck all in terms of employment related to their degree. The fucking "humanities" aren't building the buildings finding the resources and designing the new technologies that are actually of fucking use.

I'd be for "free" college if it was actually for Canadians, and not for the huge influx of immigrants we have coming here. And since we have so many immigrants coming to this country, taxes will go up to support the "free" college. So no fuck that.

Just watch, as the boomers senesce and become a gigantic burden, doctors will be making huge dough euthanizing them. Just watch. Our whole nihilistic society is setting the stage.

It's pointless because it's handed out to everyone.

I have the questionable pleasure of grading 1st semester exams, and for at least half of them I can already tell that keeping them around for any longer is pointless because they only have the most basic literacy, are incapable of parsing information, don't know how to learn on their own and so on.

But I'm not allowed to kick them out so instead they'll continue to fail for another 2-3 years before someone pulls the emergency breaks and tells them to fuck off.

So Ontario also has "free tuition" but only for what the government deems as the average tuition which is around $6,500/yr but tuition for engineering at my school is $12,500.

That tuition was actually only $5,500 in 2006 but has more than doubled and continues to increase year after year. It will get to the point where the debt gained will no longer be worth the typical $65-80k engineering job.

> Neither is free, different people just foot the bill.

Yeah, but there's a difference between negotiating power of the state and that of an individual. When americans say that publicly funded education just shifts the cost elsewhere, they forget that in countries which has publicly funded universities the costs per student didn't rise as much as in the states. In the states, you have no power as an individual, so if colleges drive the costs up, you will just take it up your ass.

Its a relic of the past
The internet has made them obsolete
They only thing they provide is a degree

Ironically however, the most useful studies also pay more, meaning students can pay off their lones. Free tuition is basically a form of welfare for lower paying jobs.

If kids lived at homes like european families, then they wouldnt be wasting money on rent and food.

Fallen arches and blacked.

Daily reminder that adult literacy and IQ tests are the best predictors of job performance.

takes away incentive to join the military, which is pretty fucking gay considering I joined the military and now NYfags are just giving it away.

>If kids lived at homes like european families, then they wouldnt be wasting money on rent and food.

This, a lot of white parents in our society are stupid, once their kid grows up to be 18, a lot of the time the 18 year old is expected to "pull himself up by his fuckin bootstraps" and "not expect free handouts" from the parents. But this strategy weakens the financial stability of the family as a whole.

Academia is in a real weird place right now. Indoctrination camp degree mills as long as you got the money and if you don't, we will loan it to you. You understand it's a debt that can't be forgiven even with bankruptcy right, and the vig is always running no matter what.

Oh, and on top of that, because the kids are basically agreeing to indentured servitude for life, they are making the rules! Awesome!

How's Mizzou doing?

If you want to become a scientist or programmer or some shit, is there a way to do it without going to college?

There is more honest debate on Sup Forums than in any North American university. More unflinching apprehension of the world's problems, even if there are no tidy solutions that satisfy everyone.

There will come a time when the socially engineered soft-headedness reaches a critical mass. It is fast approaching. Places like this are flames to the moths.

People crave truth and honesty, even if it is rough around the edges and shot through with the static of assholes trying to pollute the waters.

I dont agree w/ you on the mandatory-college-for-a-job thing, but at the very least it is undeniable that there is fucking tremendous pressure from peers and the job market itself to go to school, which is terrifying because millenials are basically forcibly funneled through what has become nothing more than a political echo chamber.

It's almost like college hasn't changed in the sense that it still "prepares" you for the world. But now, instead of equipping you with a more refined ability to think critically and specialize in a given field, you are equipped with a political and social outlook.

To draw out that idea a bit more, it's like now when you leave college, you aren't necessarily sure what you want to do to earn a living, but you ARE sure that you won't settle down and start a family because muh feminismz, and you won't ever support a conservative political candidate because muh racismz.

College has essentially turned into a giant political factory, pumping out obedient little goyim, 99.9% of whom have had their political ideologies molded masterfully to conform to our system. Ofc I say all of this whilst in my sweaty little fucking dorm shelling out 200K for this bullshit.

Bulgarian puppet catroon board is ;)

With every year i was in school tuition went up, inflation drove the price of food up. By fourth year I was living off bread and pasta, i started shitting blood...

Yes, please lets charge more for school.

Free tuition should only exist for STEM degrees and a few other things like economics, medicine, law, etc. It would bring down the prices of things like medical care and make life suck less for people in their 20s. People who want to major in stuff like women's studies should still be forced to pay up.

Free education works if everyone is white. See Finland:

We used to be poor as fuck, with no natural resources, but just by investing in our education we became a 1st-world nation in 50 years. Of course with niggers, nothing works.

Yes, but most reputable Philosophy courses at least don't teach Post Modern/Marxist trash. You'll get Descartes, Spinoza, Hume, Locke, Bentham, Mill, etc.

>can land you a decent paying job easily
I have a CS degree with a 3+ GPA. I'm 0 for 200 job applications. I've started applying to internships recently and I've had no luck with those either. I actually just got another rejection email from one.

>Poorfags can go to college because of fafsa.
>Rich kikes can go to college and just easily pay.
>Everyone in the middle has to take a loan.

Thing is they're actually bringing in immigrants with a degree instead of investing in our own people

>people here don't have degrees
>Chang has one that his rich slaveowner parents bought and helped him cheat for
>hey goy you need immigrants because the people here don't have the skills