Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide...

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/06/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>aitheism
>a religion

sage

It almost appears that atheism rate decreses with global iq droping

According to most definitions of this term, Atheism isn't a religion.

ohlookitsthisthreadagain
le sigh

Islam is the fastest growing religion and will supplant Christianity soon.

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/06/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/

I don't think there's any hope for atheism but at least maybe there will be for secular government.

>shopped image
>posted everyday
>mods ignore it
Are these the new BBC threads?

The fact alone that China is supposed to be atheist, when chinks are literally amongst the most superstitious people on earth shows how worthless this study is. Atheism requires a certain degree of education and intelligence. Anybody who believes in some higher power or magic man in the sky is not an atheist and Christianity or Islam have nothing to do with that really.

>Atheism requires a certain degree of education and intelligence
Preach it, brother.
Brohoof /)

>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world

Our brains have evolved in way that strongly promotes the ability to reason, however we can "suspend disbelief" to engage in brief flights of fantasy. We needed our imaginations to be able to hypothize and plan ahead. We needed to be able to speculate on the movements of herds, etc. Irrational thinking has some utility for very short periods and our brains are well suited for it.

However, we are not meant to suspend our disbelief for long periods of time. Living in delusions and daydreams would be the fastest path to paleolithic death.

Your irrational beliefs for extended periods are having a profound and deleterious effect on your brain's chemistry. Holding mutually exclusive concepts without question or scrutiny creates a harmful cognitive dissonance. The long term strain of this deliberate dissonance damages your ability to think rationally.
It even causes insane beliebers to spout patently ridiculous nonsense like, "The universe was created by a magic sky daddy" and "Atheism is a religion", etc. Atheism is only the non-belief in made-up gods. Any other definition is falsified and a clear symptom of severe brain damage.

>le

You just exposed yourself, Reddit

Yes but it primarily baits Reddit, not pol itself

I'm calling bullshit. Atheism is not a religion. And it is not decreasing as a demographic in the west, it is increasing. Especially amongst the educated youth. Fake news

sage!

In the sense that you have to be able to understand how things work. If you know nothing you might as well believe that Jesus has brought you some rain today.
Keep shilling your religion polack, it really doesn't matter to most people as long as you stay out of politics.

How do we make more Atheist babies?

Religion is one of the most relevant causes for the stupidity on this planet.

It is also one of the most relevant results of stupidity.

It's a death spiral, really :D

The points is that most atheist are nichilists, edonists and in general do not reproduce.

>How do we make more Atheist babies?
All babies are born atheist, then some are corrupted by religious beliefs

source says "there were about 1.1 billion atheists, agnostics and people who do not identify with any particular religion.5 By 2050, the unaffiliated population is expected to exceed 1.2 billion. But, as a share of all the people in the world, those with no religious affiliation are projected to decline from 16% in 2010 to 13% by the middle of this century."

why u lie to us op

source also says many jewish people identify as atheist so that statistic is lower than it should be

>t.

>atheism = religion
>first post is some faggot already angry
Not even vegans are this touchy.

(R054xK6d)

1 post by this ID

White knighting for your imaginary deity isn't going to get you eternal life user. If your deity was really all powerful and capable of giving you said eternity, he wouldn't need your white knighting to begin with.

he reposts this thread every few hours

lel this
africans are overwhelmingly religious LOL

maybe being dumb enough to never have to deal with nihilism and existential problems is an advantage. the higher iq civilizations realize how pointless life is an give up at their core (japan, western europe, etc.)

;_;

we need something to strive for

not religious personally i'm just not retarded enough to think that it's a 'death spiral' when everything in front of you is there because of Christianity. only pseudo-intellectuals think like like that

>>t.

if you think of something to replace religion with for this purpose let me know, but until then we're stuck with it

can you send me pics of you and your fedora collection?

>something to replace religion
You have no clue how people work. Religion is never going away. At least, not as long as we have free will.

I personally believe predictions like this are worthless for the mid term by the way.

There are factors we can't really take into account, like the prevalence of genetic engineering to improve IQ and what people are going to do after we hit mass unemployment due to robotization of industry and society.
It really is unpredictable.

Of course not, i'm speaking for the waves of intelligent people who might have cured cancer that have fallen to nihilism/existentialism due to the illogical nature of religions.

As an atheist I am happy about it. We tried to remove Christianity and we got Social Justice in return, what a horrible trade it was. I guess the public is too retarded to live without some form of dogmatic ideology that tells them how to live and think. And if I have to choose then I prefer Christianity over Islam. At least Christians are docile zombies.

good point, I can only see theism falling as our technology progresses personally

You assume that I am a neckbeard Sup Forums virgin just because I am intelligent?

My girlfriend is quite pretty, actually. O.o

Other than many people believe, intelligence is extremely useful for getting high value girlfriends - it just doesn't work if you are socially retarded, which I am not.

Why all the hate against intelligent people and atheists?

I fully agree!
The majority of people seems to be too stupid to live without irrational belief systems.

Wo kommst du her?

naa i just assume you are because you're talking about your 'intelligence' and your 'pretty girlfriend' on an anime forum as if you have to prove something to me

not even being edgy, but the will to power. Maybe some stoic shit, idk. Disgust. Find what disgusts you and do everything morally acceptable to eliminate it. No one is really a nihilist.

In the darkest of winter I have always found that there is, within me, an eternal summer.

-Camus

Camus stopped being edgy when his mom was threatened by the violence in Algeria as France gave it up.

Find your thing that makes you want to scream and break shit. Even the most spiritually dead usually can find SOMETHING. Family really gets to me.

All I really have is my parents and my extended family (only my mom's side). I would die for my family.

Having a oneitis and "doing it for her" helps if you have a family that has done things you can't forgive, or you don't know them.

I hope i'm saying something useful lol

Humor has gotten me through some dark times, especially MDE, tim and eric, and moonman loll

I get what you're saying my man but the problem seems to me that people aren't inherently good or rational. The thing that they could hate the most may be hummanity itself which I just don't see as something pragmatic to the individual or the collective society

>1 Post by this ID

B8

No shit.

>atheism (i.e. lack of religion)
>religion

Look at that fucking cuck.

>Atheism
>Religion

the whole point of Atheism is that it isn't a religion

just my neurosis speaking