6 James Maxwell
7 Gottfried Leibniz
8 Nikola Tesla
9 Aristotle
10 Plato

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann–Wigner_interpretation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How did you measure Aristotle and Plato I wonder.

Ramanujan is a meme, and Wittgenstein was the smartest person in history.

meme or not his feats were astounding for someone who learned maths with 2 books

>sophists in the top 10

>no william sidas

shit list tbqh

>2) Srinivasa Ramanujan

Take out everyone who isn't British and you have a proper list.

His "feats" happened because a White maths professor took him under his wing and brought him to Cambridge.

>super power by 2020

according to \pol/ every person with a european sounding last name is jewish, so in your list at least 7 people are jewish
how can christians even compare?

>1 John von Neumann

Oh, the guy who was responsible for this esoteric nonsense:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann–Wigner_interpretation

Replace him with Turing and you have a good list.

Wrong list, Hillary Clinton should be number one

>Nikola Tesla

This guy is a meme scientist. This filthy croat definetely doesn't belong there.

Turing and von Neumann are not substitutes user

>no Leonardo Da Vinci
fuck you françois, saged

Penn Jillette is probably 13 or 14.

von Neumann was an egotistical psychopath

Turing is the father of computer science and helped Britain to win the war (Enigma).

Von Neumann is a meme

Nice list. I suppose Maxwell at 6 is fair enough, but his whole experience is mind-boggling to me. Several other guys use crude mostly hand-made equipment to "measure" electrical and magnetic properties. I put measure in quotes because who exactly knew what a volt, ampere, or gauss was at the time?

So Maxwell, who is purely a mathmetician, takes their data and mathmatically realizes that if he adds one element (displacement current in capacitors, I believe) then the equations fit together in such a way as to say that electromagnetism has wavelike properties that should travel at the speed of light.

Imagine sitting there and realizing that. The sad part is he died before Marconi and others proved him right.

So. I doubt everyone could even come close to his feats even with that type of help. Including your caucasian dumbass

kek'd

>Ramanujan is a meme
True but Wittgenstein

1) von Neumann
2) Newton
3) da Vinci
4) Gauss
5) Grothendieck
6) Euler
7) Euclid
8) Feynman
9) Godel
10) Riemann

No Bogdanoffs on the list? In the trash

Intelligence is fairly subjective though

Where is Friedrich Hayek?

What about Benjamin Franklin

no adolf hitler? sage

What criteria do you even use to determine which person is smartest and not?

kek

Feels over reals

what did he invent or discover? I'm familiar with the lightning and kite thing, and how he put oil on water to make it smooth.

and the wood stove.

the list does not include edison either, so why would Franklin be on it.

Sam Harris is the smartest currently alive human and should be on the list.

>no Trump
shitty list desu

Benjamin Franklin was one of the Founding Fathers and a genius.

He was the colonies' ambassador to France and convinced the French government to fight alongside the Americans against the British.

He published pro-American books and a newspaper.

He served on the Continental Congress.

He was instrumental in the planning of our system of government.

You forgot Alan turing

This. Also no Newton in the first place. Kys

>no richard stallman

If you are going by that, wouldn't thomas jefferson be higher?

there's really nothing in your list that would put him in the top 10, except perhaps planning our system of government, and is he really given substantial credit for coming up with original ideas there any more than several other men?

Got a PhD in maths, so I'm assessing it on the quantity and quality of their work from that perspective. No doubt a /lit/ fag would have more authors on their list.

No Terrance Tao?

his feelings

1. Barron Trump
2. Donald Trump
3. Ivanka Trump
4. Steve Bannon
5. Mike Pence
6. Rex Tillerson
7. Jared Kushner
8. Eric Trump
9. Donald Trump Jr.
10. Melania Trump

Just wanted to post my BJ face app

Stallman is a meme. I would put Linus Torvalds before Stallman all day every day. That being said, neither belong in the top 10

>Kushner

>richard stallman
that obnoxious cunt

How did Da Vinci end up on the list then?

He's playing Ivanka like a damn fiddle, so he must be pretty smart.

lol lol

you are so dense,

yo urealize that ramanujans discoveries/formulas are pretty much the only thing that is still being actively researched out of all these mathematicians on the list

while the other mathematicians on the list made many discoveries and proofs about concrete stuff (they solved an old and hard problem f.e.) , what he did was the most mathematically advanced

AYO MUGGAFUGGA *smacks lips*

SO U SAYIN

*we wuz*

AND WE GONNA FUCK DAT PUSSY AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SSSSSSHIIIIIIIIEEEEEEETTTTTT

>Gauss over Euler
both of you remove yourselves from the gene pool

eh?

not even the current best mathematician

>dont mentioning Jesus Christ.

Where the fuck is Leonardo Da Vinci? The dude drew up schematics of shit that wasn't invented until 500 years later. He created other insane shit like a mechanical lion that could move and growl on its own. And he was one of the best painters of all time.

Who do you put over him, Serre/Deligne/Milnor?

Because he basically WAS the renaissance which lifted the west out of the dark ages.

Spoken like someone who has never learnt any mathematics passed high school.

While Euler hit more subjects I think Gauss results were more elegant and sexy.

>yo urealize that ramanujans discoveries/formulas are pretty much the only thing that is still being actively researched out of all these mathematicians on the list
>while the other mathematicians on the list made many discoveries and proofs about concrete stuff (they solved an old and hard problem f.e.) , what he did was the most mathematically advanced
t. brainlet

please even try to justify this position

lol... do you even have any clue what you are talking about?

Tao is an attention whore, he is a good mathematician but definitely not the best living one.

The best mathematicians are the ones that actually create something new, not collect/reorder something that already existed.

In that sense the inventor of the number 0, some poo in loo , which is basically the foundation of real analysis and any higher mathematics in general, should also be on this list for sure.

Where the hell is George Washington Carver? Albert Einstein? Thomas Edison! Obama??