Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide...

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/04/21/my-wife-and-i-are-white-evangelicals-heres-why-we-chose-to-give-birth-to-black-triplets/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_Buddhism
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1400766
uscatholic.org/articles/201510/jim-gaffigan-prioritizes-living-your-faith-over-flaunting-it-30432
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's your point?

That fedoras belong in a dustbin of history and have no place on Sup Forums.

Good. I hated that George Carlin and Jim Gafigan edge lord fan base

>atheism
>religion
Just because some fedoralords treat it like such, doesn't mean that it is.

They do have a place on Sup Forums. Specifically, they have a place on Sup Forums if they advocate for atheism in the Middle East, Africa and/or South America

Wasn´t it white evangelicals before you shopped the word atheist there with the accuracy of a 12-year old? Not disputing your points, atheists are doomed shrink because they´re losing the demographic war.

As an atheist, this is great news.

>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world.
>implying Atheists give a fuck about Argumentum ad populum

> population explosion among low iq subhuman retards in the shithole known as Africa.
>Muh percentages

Not to tip the fedora but that statistic means nothing all it shows is the population boom going on in Africa.

Obviously they do, or else they wouldn't have such a stick up their ass about how everyone should be "enlightened"

Its being outgrown, past atheists become just agnostic, they so do not turn to a religion.

>Calls atheism a religion
Just fuck off already faggot.

How many times have you posted this thread now?

Fuck off.

I couldn't believe in God even if I wanted to, and trust me, sometimes I wish I could.

It's a fucking fairytale.

Atheism isn't a religion you utterly stupid faggot, why do people always think this?

Atheist logic:

>Man I hate bible thumpers, evangelism, churches, organized religion and their stupid ideas of sin
>"Oh hello sir, here take a copy of this Hitchens book and afterwards please come join our atheist club meeting where we will then create signs to go protest on the streets against people who do not accept transgendered operations for 5 year old children"

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, religion may be defined as

" a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith"

Atheism fits that definition.

Well if someone treats something like a religion that is what it becomes.

gazed into their own navels for "the truth", didn't find it. Started poking around in each others assholes instead, didn't find it there either. After that they just gave up.

>painting all aheists with the SJW brush when some of the loudest anti-SJW's are atheists

The majority of that description still holds true

because it's normally people who believe in an invisible man saying it. they're retarded.

Well, that would make you Arch-bishop of Cock-sucking.

No it doesn't. If someone asks me what my religion is, I say I'm an atheist and don't have one, because the word literally means "lack of religious beliefs".

Why are there so many anti-atheist shills on this board? That picture's obviously edited and I still see it everywhere.

Holy shit, someone get me a dump truck of pretzels, I'm gonna need it with all the fedora tipping triggered salt in this thread LOL

Because religious people are unable to comprehend not having a faith in anything.
It scares them to no end.

>the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

Literally below 1% Christian.

>posting photoshopped tweets

washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/04/21/my-wife-and-i-are-white-evangelicals-heres-why-we-chose-to-give-birth-to-black-triplets/

The Christ cucks are the ones triggered, hence why the post this thread multiple times a day, everyday.

Doesn't matter. If you're against SJW shit, then you probably at least recognize that there is some sort of national identity, and national identity in the west is almost universally formed out of Christian tradition, in which case if you're an atheist, you would be best served to not be outspoken about it.

I literally gave you a definition from a classic, two centuries old dictionary. That is what the words means, and regardless, your own definition does not refute my own. A lack of belief in established doctrine is in and of itself a belief; the belief that established religions are untrue.

>Literally below 1% Christian.

>Believing official government statistics

Awwww does wittle baby need a safe space?

>Government statistics are wrong!
>These ones from """"anonymous sources"""" are right!

>Believe and trust CNN, Washington Post, ABC and NBC, they would never lie...

you have zero point zero clue what atheism logic is "I believe in retarded stories my maw and paw told me, atheists must believe in retarded stories their lesbian moms told them too?"

LACK OF BELIEF IS NOT A BELIEF

I keked hard.

see:

>Instead believe random bloggers, Falun Gong and Breitbart!

None is the biggest growing religious affilition in the world. Atheists are in that category.

There is a difference xtian faggots never get between "I don't in believe in a god, God, gods etc" vs "I believe there is NO god"

>LACK OF BELIEF IS NOT A BELIEF

>Atheist books
>Atheist meetings
>Atheist reachout groups
>Atheist relationship websites

Yeah, not a religion, right...

A belief =/= a religion. I can believe that people who are religious are kind of retarded, but that doesn't make me part of a religion. Just like believing the fact that black people are more prone to violence doesn't make me part of some kind of neo-nazi cult.

Sup Forums
/T_D/
/cuck/

What's your religion faggot?

Atheism IS a religion: Lemme put it this way, is there a special name for people who do not believe in unicorns? no. Is there a special name for people who do not believe in wizards? no. But the fact that you have a whole MOVEMENT devoted to not believing in God, and your gonna tell me with a straight face that is not an organized religion?!

I think atheism is a religion because it is not only a belief, but it also is part of determining how you live your life. I'm sure there would be situations in your life where you would have acted differently if you held beliefs or values espoused by any religion as opposed to the beliefs and values you have developed as an atheist.

Lack of belief is agnosticism. Atheism is the belief that there is no god.

I bet belief in God is shrinking too. A lot of people identify as Christian (myself included) but don't actually believe in it. I was raised Catholic and my wife is Catholic but I only go to church on Easter and Christmas and don't actually believe in God. I know a ton of people like that.

this is interesting, if china's gonna be world superpower by 2030, and also allegedly a christian nation by 2030, does this historically suggest they're gonna be schlomo'd?

also i've noticed that all churches here in aus are for the most part attended by chinese, i think this is mostly to do w the fact that religion is societally binding, it's good for social networking to be part of a united faith

Chinese are immuned to getting Jewed because they themselves are already much like Jews. Why else do you think their leader is right now practically the biggest champion of globalism?

>atheism is a religion

>religion
>noun: religion
>the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Topkek Christcucks can't even fucking read.
>B-but I have my own special definition of religion!
Wrong faggot. That's not how words work. Delusional fucking Kikeworshippers.

Except that Buddhism doesn't believe in a God yet it is considered a religion, you ignorant faggot

>Ideas surrounding reincarnation and nirvana are not supernatural
Fucking moron.

You literally just said that religion MUST involve a god, reincarnation and nirvana by themselves have nothing to do with a God

damn you're right

the world is truly fucked in the future and the west brought it upon themselves

>just said that religion MUST involve a god
>religion is[...] the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power
>the cycle of rebirth and karma are not superhuman controlling powers

>American Christian education

You really are fucking stupid, some Buddhists view karma and reincarnation as natural laws of the universe, like gravity, stop building strawmen and admit you got no argument

how thick are fucking xtians? There are no beliefs or values attached to Atheism. Maybe you mean Secular Humanism or Skepticism but atheism has ZERO beliefs or values.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_Buddhism

>Secular Buddhism—sometimes also referred to as agnostic Buddhism, Buddhist agnosticism, ignostic Buddhism, atheistic Buddhism, pragmatic Buddhism, Buddhist atheism, or Buddhist secularism—is a broad term for an emerging form of Buddhism and secular spirituality that is based on humanist, skeptical, and/or agnostic values, as well as pragmatism and (often) naturalism, RATHER THAN religious (or more specifically supernatural or paranormal) beliefs.

So your argument is that because atheistic buddhism exists, all of buddhism isn't a religion? You really are a fucking moron.

Whence cometh evil?

do your homework you dense faggot
you can be an agnostic atheist which is what I am
I don't BELIEVE in god, but I also don't claim to KNOW there is or isn't a god

oh look it's this thread again

>4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0%

You do realize that most of this is from Mao's Great Leap Forward and the collapse of the USSR, right?

So really it's not atheism shrinking, it's commies getting BTFO for the last 45 years.

I'm aware of that, and as a result, most atheists get their values from whatever their college professors tell them.

Regardless, atheism having no values inherent to it does not refute my statement. An atheist will develop some set of values and morality as a means of making sense of life, and thus an atheist will live his life differently than a non-atheist would unless those values are entirely taken from a particular religious doctrine. Either way, the decision to be atheist and to find a value system to adopt does affect how one lives his life.

I never said ALL Buddhism isn't a religion, actually that was your fedora tipping end argument, that Buddhism could not be a religion because it does not mention God

So many religious nutjobs in the world that are too retarted to poop. And atheism isnt a religion btw. Its a lack of it..

Communists are atheist and their states are being Christianized so, no, it is actually atheism falling out.

No, only stupid edgy teen/twenties atheists are like that.
Everyone hates them, even other atheists.

atheists don't get their beliefs and values from atheism. That was your point. The fact that atheists don't rely on ancient oral traditions written poorly by sandniggers and translated by romans and medieval faggots doesn't mean that their lack of religion is a religion. You don't have to replace religion with anything, that's the beauty, you are free of the myth. I know its hard for weak minded faggots to think for themselves but we don't have that problem. Also not playing a sport isn't a sport you imbecile.

>this shallow discussion

>atheists don't get their beliefs and values from atheism
They certainly do get at least one belief from atheism, as I have said, and they are also need to come up with some sort of value system to ascribe to.

>You don't have to replace religion with anything, that's the beauty, you are free of the myth
You have to replace religious values with some other form of values (or alternatively, you keep religious values while ignoring the mythology, as I myself do). Regardless, no one goes through life without developing some kind of morals unless they're literally too mentally damaged to form an opinion on anything. I have been trying to say that atheism is a religion because not only is it a broad view on how the universe was formed and operates, but it also provides a certain unique perspective on the events of life that would not be the same as the perspective held by any differing belief system.

You need to replace atheism with what they actually substantially are, since atheism is just a lack of theism. Speaking of "atheists" is vague and could be a lot of different groups. Don't fall into the same mistake many atheists do in thinking atheism means or says anything of a person besides what they do not believe, such as with Most mainstream anti-theists are naturalists.

Faith is needed to believe that this complex and ordered universe wasn't created by something far more intelligent than ourselves.

To add to that, we know with certainty that the universe as we know it cannot have existed eternally, hence something outside the universe created it

Atheism is for blue pilled faggots that's why it brings to many fucking Leftists

CATHOLIC GENERAL MADE FOR YOU

When I speak of atheists having a view of the universe, I mostly refer to the Dawkins following, Bang Bang theory touting type, which I believe most of them are. If the universe operates absent a god or other supernatural force, then it must operate according to something, and what else would that something be aside from natural forces as described by science?

because fags on /r/athiesm base their entire personality on it

Humanism pretty much is

>When I speak of atheists having a view of the universe...

You are referring to naturalists.

So Buddhism is not a religion by your definition

Butthurt polish who can't fathom that a Jewish ideology is designed to subjugate us.
Stay stupid, polish.

Atheism as a world view is just utterly insane to me. The chiefest delusion I can think of. Absolutely no idea how anyone can deny the necessary.

I don't really care about how the universe was formed or what's happening to me once I'm dead though stop asking me questions that's rude

Christianity isn't Jewish
No mosaic laws
No circumcision
We worship a triune God

How is theology any better? Do you really think that if a higher power exists, that it is bound to any of the tenants assigned to it by man made systems of belief? Basically, if you're not a deist you're doing it wrong. That being said I would much prefer Atheists over Theists, because they have a better track record when it comes to not murdering people based solely on beliefs.

>inb4 muh mao muh stalin were atheists!
They weren't killing people based on those beliefs. Meanwhile countless wars of interpretation on religion have been waged in our history.

Um atheist Marxist killed over 100 million people in the 20th century

Atheism is a lack of belief
Who would kill someone for lacking belief in something

The point is, Atheism leaves a void which can be filled by anything. Atheism is a bottomless pit of degeneracy and evil.

In regards to your other stuff, nah, Jesus is LORD I'm afraid

>Meanwhile countless wars of interpretation on religion have been waged in our history.
Not that many in fact, though it was probably a factor in a lot of them

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1400766

I know it's a shitty source

What's wrong with Gaffigan?
uscatholic.org/articles/201510/jim-gaffigan-prioritizes-living-your-faith-over-flaunting-it-30432

And yet they believe in the scientific consensus and will throw it around when talking about muh global warms.

Where are the sources for them numbers in the very first part?????

Atheism is the religion of nothing. We came from nothing, life means nothing and when you die nothing happens.

If atheism is your only philosophical conclusion then yes, but that is just as bad as modern Catholicism

Atheism such as understanding Nietzsche is well defined and moral.

This isn't because less people are having doubts about dogma, but because Muslims and Hispanic Catholics breed like crazy. Muslims take it to a new level.

I have an Iraqi coworker who still lives with parents because single. She had 6 other siblings, 4 sisters and 2 brothers. She is 22,the third oldest. She comes to work one day and BAM she has another baby sister, the 8 th child.

What is really fucked up is that they hid the pregnancy and birth from the public, and when she started showing the mother didn't leave the house. The second fucked up thing is that her parents are in their 50s,the baby was a preemie and as the months have gone by she is developmentally stunted. She hasn't rolled over or gained head control, and is tiny.

These kinds of people are what is skewing stats