The public transportation meme

Is public transportation redpilled? It seems like it could be but it is in the hands of the worst people imaginable.

What it should do:
>Connect business people with access to out suburban areas
>provide cheap and fast service to an airport
>connect tourists with tourist zones

What it does in most cases:
>connects the most poor and degenerate with downtown
>fails to pay for itself
>becomes a constant handout to unions

How do the Euros do it? It seems like a prudent investment but it's so easy to fuck up!

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.uk/government/publications/rail-subsidy-per-passenger-mile
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

goverment still gas to spend thousands per person in london , it doesn't really work but makes life easier for rich

Really? For a city that large?
How is it funded? Through sales tax on guests or through income tax on residents?

about 10cents a mile per passenger , 40 cents rural

Public transport are a great service, they move people around that need to go to work or just want to enjoy a few drinks without risking a DUI.

They are more efficient than making everyone drive their own vehicle, reducing pollution, accidents and the expense of owning and maintaining a car. Most cities have figured out they're better off limiting service to the shitty areas, containing undesirables to their own area at night.

gov.uk/government/publications/rail-subsidy-per-passenger-mile

comes from general taxation

>How do the Euros do it?
It's a subsidized service that increases the value of areas it services, lets employees get to their job faster and more reliably, it reduces the strain on roads and such and the amount of space you need to park cars.

Because unlike other public services it benefits everyone, it can be publicly funded without really cheating anyone.

Public transports for the greater Parisian area ran on a 10 billion yurobucks budget in 2014.

~19% from national government subsidies
~39% from regional government subsidies
~30% from sales
~9% from employer participation (tax)
~3% from advertising space and misc services

It costs money but generates value too.

In general i have had good luck with public transiy. Of course sometimes there are crazy people, loud people, rude people etc. But it provides access to work for the poorest in our society

What about handouts to lower income riders? Are their discount fares for the working poor

Fuck taking the bus.

Cars are so much comfier...

READ THE RULES
>is X redpilled/redpill me on X
READ THE RULES

Public transport should be used for only getting to work, reaching appointments, and getting to government buildings. A modest payroll tax would pay for it, the types of people using it would at least be working class and not just degenerates getting around, and saves a lot of stress from commute and car fuck ups.

>Is public transportation redpilled?

WTF is up with you people, who speaks like this, lol.

I believe those are bought or refunded out of social programs for neets and employers typically pay for part of your transportation costs.

Public transport sucks but a 40 mns ride still beats sitting 2 hours in traffic.

>riding bus in detroit
>there's two types, regular DDOT and SmartBus
>use SmartBus to ride into, out of city on an Express/Limited route
>every day, black people get on, sometime driver will shout out to general population getting on "This is the LIMITED bus, only stopping at limited stops"
>black people pulling the stop cord and bus doesn't stop at their desired stop
>"AY YO, I pulled to stop"
>black driver beckons them to the front to re-explain
>"AY YO I'm gonna be late/miss my next bus, can't you just stop?"
>not even in the right lane when they ask
>this happens 3-4 times a week in the 5 days a week I ride it

I thought I was going to run out of new local black people that don't understand the extremely simple rule, but it doesn't stop. I just keeps happening. Those stories you read about Africa or black people's mentality are all fucking true

This bus is racist

> niggers
> having nice things
pick one

absolutely untermensch

I continue to be amazed at the idea of getting on a bus you've never been on before, and not asking if it'll actually go where you;re expecting it to. The driver's RIGHT THERE to talk to and ask questions. They have no concept of the immediate future.

Bring back class coaches for public transport.
For first class you pay a lot for a better service
Down to a fourth class cheap service for ferals and chavs.

Ha. I'll never get on a fucking bus with niggers and muslims. Ill drive my car.