Do you think there is a correlation between being ugly and smart?

Do you think there is a correlation between being ugly and smart?
90% of the smartest men and women that actually achived something in their lives were ugly or unattractive.

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It probably has more to do with the fact that they were driven to refine their intelligence to a much greater degree than clever Chad / Stacy has to, since their looks are a negative modifier on their chances of achieving any given instance of social success instead of a positive one like Chad / Stacy.

There's actually a small amount of research, not conclusive mind you, that shows a slightly positive correlation between intelligence/IQ and perceived sexual attractiveness.
psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent

Maybe im decent looking but probably have around 90 iq

Smart and attractive women always pretend to be stupid to avoid jealous spite from other women.

Just like my grandpap used to say, "If ya can't get the pudy you might as well study"

I am talking about real itelligence,if a person is slightly below average and knows a bit of everything that doesn't mean they are smart.I can't name one attractive person that was a genius(in the real meaning)

no, ugly people just have to capitalize more on their actual talents. beautiful smart people dont have to use their smartness to get ahead. ugly smart people have to, hence they do.

Nah I'm intellignet and good looking, mummy would never have lied to me about this

Its quietly simple, they use the time "pretty" people spend on being "pretty" To grow their intellect.

How are you defining "real intelligence"? IQ or g are the best numerical indicators of it we have, and anecdotal data on your part doesn't mean much compared to a study with a consistent methodology and larger sample size. If we're going by your rules I can just disprove you and say I'm right since counterexamples like Hedy Lamarr, who was an actress, model, and scientist, exist.

>real itelligence
No such thing exists.
>I can't name one attractive person that was a genius
He wasnt ugly at all

forgot pic

Ugly people have to fall back on their intelligence. It's a coping mechanism.

no, but being ugly makes you less dependant on others so it kinda makes you move your neutrinos

Not ugly

Correlation, yes, causation, no

Let me put it this way:

Let's say the top 20% of people in terms of IQ is considered "smart"

And that the top 20% is considered " attractive"

It is rather unlikely an individuals genes will fall into those two top 20 percentiles

Sure, it is possible. Just less common than being either one or the other

By what standards?All I see is shit hair,big ears,weak jaws and weird noses,big foreheads.

Yes but not only in intelligence but in many other positive traits. Its because they have to compensate their ugly face or else they would not survive and pass genes.

Have you seen ugly person ? Or do you have complex ? He looks normal

>pencil neck
>weird ears
>werid hair
>weak jaw
He looks like a normal man to me,but I am a straight male and I don't really care about how other men look,but in 2k17 no girl would find him attractive,maybe average.

lol there are no ugly men, only not handsome ones
for a romanian you say some gay shit

EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE SMARTEST MAN IN HISTORY WAS ALSO THE MOST ATTRACTIVE MAN IN HISTORY
>OP BTFO

>maybe average
So he wasnt ugly.
Which answers your question.

Maybe being ugly frees you from the demands of a social life so you can focus exclusively on learning and studying

>intelligent
>dead
She wasn't that smart.

Technically he is ugly,he has no traits that would be considered attractive,but some girl MAY find him attractive,this is the same about niggers,they are abominations but some girls find them attractive,this doesn't change the fact that they are ugly.

So you are putting him in the same bag with this guy ?

>they are abominations but some girls find them attractive
And guess what, its not about the "attractiveness" you as a male talks about.

Girls loves blacks because they are more alpha than whites, they have a lot more testosterone and they have the things women find attractive.

Both are ugly by today's standards,Rasputin is more ugly desu.

There are different tiers of ugly, obviously Tesla wasn't as ugly as Rasputin, but if anything compared with most men and what the aggregate would look like he's below average, not extremely ugly, but definitely not good looking.

A better example of intelligent and good looking might be, say, Wernher Von Braun.