How does abolishing minimum wage create jobs?

Who would want to work for less than minimum wage?
Companies shut down in the U.S. and go to Mexico to escape having to pay minimum wage and the Mexican workers escape Mexico to the U.S. to make minimum wage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mjD23OcVJvk&t=20s
aneconomicsense.org/2013/03/06/the-impact-of-increasing-the-minimum-wage-on-unemployment-no-evidence-of-it/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Who would want to work for less than the minimum wage
People whose labor is worth less than the minimum wage

>implying any labour is worth less than the minimum wage

Corporate shills at it again.

That way employers can hire double the people for half the wages.

>Who would want to work for less than minimum wage?
So why do you need a minimum wage again? If you don't want the job at the wage offered then don't take it. However, someone with no experience or work history may take a low paying job to get a foot in the door.

Labor shouldn't be valued the way gold is.

removing the minimum wage actually raises it

If factory A offers 10 dollars / hour to do x, factory B could offer 10.25 to do x and they would attract the labor from A, if A wants to competitively operate, they would need to raise the offer otherwise people just wont want to work for them.

Minimum wage jobs (American here) are the foot in the door jobs.

Mister Goldstein told me that the wealth would trickle down faster if we got rid of the minimum wage and our rights

First, go watch some microeconomics courses on youtube. You don't need to ask some micronesian image closet. But I'll humor you.

In a free market, demand is always a function of price: the higher the price, the lower the demand. This applies equally to both prices and wages. When employers evaluate their labor and capital needs, cost is a primary factor. When the cost of hiring low-skilled workers moves higher, jobs are lost.

This is decent clip of Peter Schiff explaining it.
Ignore Joe Rogan's stupidity.
youtube.com/watch?v=mjD23OcVJvk&t=20s

That is how it is now. Ironically abolishing minimum wage would be pointless because so few companies pay. Right wing politicians want to abolish minimum wage to appeal to the "rebels" and get votes but it would be pointless.

Two arguments:

>first is utilitarian

There are people who would work a few hours at less than 725 for reasons beyond our understanding. Maybe it's a church job and they're wanting gas money. Maybe they're old and want an easy greeter job for some extra prune juice, etc. these people get slams-jammed by the law because you're taking their choice away while costing jobs.

Beyond that there are really poor areas that get disproportionately slammed by minimum wage. A nearby Florida panhandle county has tons of dirt roads because they can't even afford asphalt. 725 is a hell of a lot more in those communities while being homeless tier wages in a city like Boston.

>second is moral

Why should the government set a minimum wage when it already has all these welfare programs? Shouldn't taking employee choice be the absolute last resort?

removing the minimum wage lets people decide what their own time is worth.

the argument for minimum wage stems from the assumption that there is only one place to work in an urban area (as was commonly the case in early industrial revolution)

it assumes that capitalists are forcing the people to accept shit wages without minimum wage protection because there is only one source of work around, which is a shit assumption.

I drive semis. Demand for us is high and supply relatively low. So we get paid more but the lifestyle kinda sucks. However there's an over abundance of lazy fucks who just expect shit thrown their way. That's all you competing for those McCareers. It doesn't matter because automation is going to kill all of our jobs, mine included. Even the stem fags are gonna get outsourced to AI.

Basically the human species is doing everything it can to make itself obsolete. The end can't come soon enough.

I would work for less than a minimum wage if the work required minimum attention. I could just shitpost on the internet all day. Also it would solve the neet problem

Why?

Labor is a cost: wage + employment taxes + non-monetary benefits (insurance etc).

Businesses don't have some magic piggy bank with infinite money.

How should it be valued? By some conglomeration of all the transactions of the economy, oh wait that is how it is done. Let the market do its job.
>hurr de dirr the bureau of labor knows how much you are worth. It's good that raising the minimum wage will doom already underemployed classes to perpetual welfare.
Jesus, Reddit put some thought and effort into you posts. Your thoughts are so shit tier NewFag

kys
what is a monopsonic market?
what is reciprocity and efficiency wages?

It doesnt. The more minimum wage is the less unemployment rates are.

Here scientific study:
aneconomicsense.org/2013/03/06/the-impact-of-increasing-the-minimum-wage-on-unemployment-no-evidence-of-it/

>right-tards will shill for big business

McDonalds in my area pays $10-12 an hour to start because they can't get anyone for 7 bucks an hour.

It doesn't, there should be just one standard salary for everyone not at the government

What's stopping company B from doing that right now?

How does paying above minimum wage at McDonalds create more jobs at McDonalds?

Why would it create more jobs? There are only a set number of positions per store.

Then how would abolishing minimum wage create more jobs?

It wouldn't.

Okay.

If my white collar salary turns into a $10 an hour wage, I will fuck around for 54 minutes every hour. No one will catch me doing it either.

Exactly!

right now both A and B use the minimum wage because "it's the lowest they can do", the workers think "well I guess thats the best I can get" and accepts the wages.

having a minimum wage basically sets a standard that every company meets just because, there is no calculation or consideration of competition.

by setting a minimum wage, people automatically assume thats what they are worth.

Would you pay someone $30 to go do your grocery shopping for a couple of hours? How about $5?

I'm not anti minimum wage. The free market practically raises it on it's own because few people will work for it. That's why I see Mick dicks in my area paying $12-14 an hour. Even the milkshake joint staffed by underage girls with short shorts pays more than min wage.

Turnover decides it. Keeping upping it until you have a sustainable workforce. But still, some places are assholes and will take advantage or retards who have an 85 IQ. They need some sort or human rights wage protection. That is why I believe in a minimum wage.

If government looks out for the poor why it won't remove personal income tax from the poorest?

Rhetorical question, loaded because comes from your retarded assumption that government cares about the poor.

Certain jobs simply aren't worth the minimum wage so you can employ them illegally (good overall, government doesn't get taxes, employer and employee are satisfied) or raise the inflation to compensate for it, (terrible)

The poor basically get nearly all income tax back anyway.

that keeps them poor.