Jesus was never real

rawstory.com/2017/04/history-writer-jesus-probably-never-existed-heres-why-christianity-emerged-anyway/

What does Sup Forums think about this? Apparently this website isn't satire and they're pretty serious about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Fitzgerald_(author)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You cannot prove that any historical character existed.

Also
>fitzgerald

He probably existed but with a lot of embellishment. I'm open to the possibility of a god or higher power, but I just can't do Christianity -- I just can't.

>probably

Why not?

he's too full of mans wisdom

Man He didnt just exist, He was God in the flesh of His creation. Ask Him to prove He exists with an open heart and He will. Praise the Lord

There a quite a few mentions of a "Jesus of Nazareth", executed for claiming to be "king of the Jews" in old Roman records of the right time period.

Religion is gay.

It's usually because nobody's taken the time to explain what Christianity is to the unbeliever; they have all sorts of odd ideas. I'd like to see what his odd ideas are.

I'm not sure I agree. Please explain how you view Christianity.

You're just wrong if you claim Jesus never existed, why even go there? Its one thing to doubt his diety or performing of miracles, but...

This, there's alot of records by the Roman's and Jews who talk about a man named Jesus running around proclaiming to be king of the Jews

Satanists BFTO

What do they even have to live for now?

You'll be praying to Muhammed soon enough Sven.

Jesus is God;
Jesus rose from the dead.
Confess the former, and believe in your heart the latter, and you're a Christian.

The dying savior character was recycled 100x in prior religions even before Judaism. It makes a great story though.

And yet it only happened for real once.

What's the misconception

You are an idiot. Even ancient Roman text references him. read a book you googling nigger.

>muh zeitgeist

reddit pls go

That there's more to it than that.

jesus was the first anti-semite who put it into words people could understand so they killed him god bless

No religious prophet existed. Everything is made up by greedy Jews.

Even secular scholars admit Jesus was real, you're being intellectually dishonest if you deny the existence of Jesus. For what's recorded in the gospels about him is the only thing up for debate.

Bible is 30% prophecy, 100% of which came true when ripe.

Christianity is a fake religion created by Jews for slaves of the Roman empire.

Jesus Christ is actually Julius Caesar because the religion is a mix of Judaism and Roman Imperial Cult where they said Julius Caesar was the son of Jupiter the supreme Roman god.

Unlike Judaism and Islam which ban idolatry Christianity is all about idolatry and worshiping a man instead of God - which should make it obvious that it is a false religion.

>Muhammad/The Quran is wrong
Someone, behead this kafir.

Who is this Jesus Christ guy? He came out of no where. I bet he is a CIA plant. Don't trust him

I'm calling bullshit. Religions centered around a historical figure don't just come out of bumfuck nowhere.

Jesus lived.

Post archive you dumb advertisement cuck. I won't give your shitty sites any click.

Men will go to their death for a conviction, but will men go to their deaths when recanting a concoction they invented will spare their lives?

>Mark’s Jesus is a humble, fallible, suffering human. Matthew’s Jesus is a new and improved take on Mark’s, correcting his mistakes. By comparison, Luke’s Jesus is a Zen master and John’s is a ridiculously egotistical SuperJesus

Ugh, it's because the Gospel authors had different audiences. Jews, Greeks, and Romans responded to different writing styles, I don't know why this is so hard to understand. It still has the same basic message, there aren't any actual moral contradictions.

We literally have no idea. Anyone from 2000 years ago could be real or legend.

All these Christcucks getting defensive. Your kike on a stick was created by kikes to control you.

Fuck off you moron, you're just shittin out bile from the abundance of it stored in your head. Go read you some Tacitus.

Who said it was my site you fucking jew?

>Religions centered around a historical figure don't just come out of bumfuck nowhere.
You're right.
They stole a bunch of stuff from Egypt, Greece and Mesopotamia then renamed a real Jewish prophet of the time to Jesus.
So no, it didn't come out of "nowhere" - it was plagiarized, like most of Christendom and their rituals.

Yet the gospel is most well recorded, if you seriously try to play Jesus off as a discount demi-god you need to get out of the basement.

christianity comes with a 1200 page book on how to live your life

Jesus was just the guy to garner the most followers. Tons of people were preaching all kinds of shit.

Maybe he took on sort of a "pen name" so to speak. It was a role he took on.

It should also be noted that each gospel account is of a different face of Jesus:

Matthew: Jesus the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and King of the Jews;

Mark: Jesus the Ox, the Suffering Servant;

Luke: Jesus the Son of Man, traced back to Adam;

John: Jesus the Eagle, the Son of God, traced back to "in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.....and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us."

The same four faces can be seen on the cherubim before the throne of God.

Wow, you really do believe Zeitgeist was a documentary. Good call other user.

*LIVES*
I realize you islamists are deluded, but your words are blasphemy and your entire religion is blasphemy against Christendom.

The bible is anti-semitic. In terms of their religion, not race.

Encapsulated in two words: by faith.

Prove your realness. Also disprove Josephus and many other historians. Prove why you are abomination and of snakes and lies

Which is odd, because in their cult Jesus ascended to heaven alive, and will descend alive to fight with their hero against the antichrist.

Little do they know their hero is the antichrist, and Jesus will annihilate him.

Fuck off kike

This is what people believe because they just regurgitate what they're beeing told .
None of those myths are actually any close to the gospel.
Horus for example was made when Osiris was revived and had been made a golden dick.
How the fuck is that close to the story of Jesus and virgin birth and shit ?
Its not but these retards believe everything they see withouth actually doing anything to verify it.
Zeitgeist is gay propaganda.

Delete your thread

I've literally never heard anybody make any kind of argument against Jesus' parables and sermons. Somehow, people can only criticize the historical authenticity of Jesus or the actions of the church.

Seriously...after all the wackos and losers I have met in churches, I'm starting to believe this.

>"What is the entire religion of Judaism?"

Literally the whole OT predicts and foretells of Jesus, it didn't come out of anywhere and it wasn't stolen.

you cant just throw out the bible like its nothing

have you read it start to finish?

SAME THREAD ON MULTIPLE BOARDS INCLUDING /X/

IGNORE THE SHILLPOSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Because you are secretly advertising it. Post archive or fuck off.

>There a quite a few mentions of a "Jesus of Nazareth", executed for claiming to be "king of the Jews" in old Roman records of the right time period.

There's literally one, and it's definitely been altered.

But there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he almost certainly existed.

There are no historical records whatsoever of Jesus. You have read too much make-believe religious "literature".
Pontius Pilates is real though, there is a stone in Caesarea that mentions him.

'tis the season for Christian bashing in the media

Every Easter we go through this.

>rabbi trump posters

>Going to church to find Jesus
>Find a bunch of wackos and losers

You'll never get it, you materialist.

Which has been proven over and over again

Jesus is real, stop being a retarded faggot.

He listened to females too much. Opposite of faggot in this case. As always

This. Jesus was real. There is no room for debate. There is plenty of literature answering this question.

But what is even more important is that Jesus was the incarnate Logos, son of god. He sacrificed himself for us.

The holy ghost is real, Christ is real and God is real as well.

Retards can be serious about a lot of people things. Historically we know he existed, him being the son of God is a matter of faith.

I dont care if he existed or not.

His legacy nonetheless, is that of a more or less perfect, immaculate human, and I try to follow in his footsteps.

yeah, read it in context, hes telling you not to be a autistic legalist, not that the laws dont matter

are you religious? or atheist jew?

Just go by what everyone else is saying nigger
Howdy friend, I only wanted Sup Forums and /x/'s opinion, if this is on any other board, then it is not me, and truly, a shillposter

>Going to church to find Jesus

Nope...I went to church because I was already a believer.

The materialist are you, because most of you (if not all) are actually going to church TO find Jesus.

>boomer memes

That bit in Tacitus is pretty obviously a later addition to the text. I think you're the google dilettante here.

>bowing to a large black cube isn't idolatry

The man existed. Read his words.

Why even make this retarded thread?

>David Fitzgerald
Is the guy even a historian? From what I've found, he's just another edgy fedora "atheist activist.

The overwhelming majority of historians agree that some Jesus existed, was a religious teacher, was considered the Messiah by his followers and was crucified.

OT describes a Messiah, hence the shittons of Messianic cults, with Christianity being one of those.
The latest attempt at such a cult was when Lubavitch Rabbi died, and dos penguins worldwide chanted to make him come back to life, life on interconnected TV. Unfortunately for them, modern technology is too advanced to allow them to pretend that he resurrected.

Go learn English & religious metaphors then comebak

This.

Anyone with rudimentary esoteric knowledge would know bowing to a black cube is just about the most Satanic thing one can do.

>probably
>some writer

I'm not going to renounce the free gift of salvation because some atheist did a confirmation bias "study"

Atheist. USSR-born, though.

Did anyone bother to look up the author?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Fitzgerald_(author)

>Fitzgerald serves on the boards of the San Francisco Atheists and the San Francisco branch of the Center for Inquiry.[third-party source needed] He is also the director and founder of the first Atheist Film Festival, as well as San Francisco's oldest Darwin Day celebration, Evolutionpalooza.[third-party source needed]

>He has served on the speakers bureau for the Columbus, Ohio-based Secular Student Alliance,[when?][1] and the Amherst, New York-based Center for Inquiry.[when?][2] Fitzgerald lectures across the nation at secular events and universities.[according to whom?][citation needed] He is best known[according to whom?] for his multimedia presentations "The Ten Thousand Christs and the Evaporating Jesus",[citation needed] as well as "The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion".[citation needed]

>Fitzgerald's works, to date offered by self-publication venues, are:[citation needed]

>Fitzgerald, David (2010). Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed at All (self-published). Morrisville, NC: Lulu. ISBN 9780557709915.
>—— (2013). The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion Book One: The Mormons (self-published). Seattle, WA: Amazon/CreateSpace. ISBN 9781482773347.

Just another egdelord fedora trying to peddle his non-peer reviewed, self-published junk. I swear we have this sort of thing come up every Easter.
>Really makes you think

>The overwhelming majority of historians agree that some Jesus existed, was a religious teacher, was considered the Messiah by his followers and was crucified.
That's a lie.

And you are attempting to be an autistic legalist.

Daniel's messianic prophecy declares that the Messiah would be cut off the week of Nisan 10, 32 AD.

As Jesus was cut off. Not for his sins, but for the sins of his people.

If Jesus is not your messiah, you have two choices. There is no messiah, or Daniel was not a prophet.

Modern Judaism of course has gone with Daniel was not a prophet, and yet his prophecy came true.

And all of his dream interpretations came true, including Nebuchadnezzar living like a feral beast for 7 years.

Basically. Even the atheist lunatic and book pusher Bart Erhman admits Jesus existed.

go to an IFB church

>If Jesus is not your messiah, you have two choices. There is no messiah, or Daniel was not a prophet.
How about the obvious choice that the story of Jesus was entirely made up by the Christian cult in order to suit the Messianic narrative laid out in the Old Testament?

absolutely not, what utter idiocy

are you even saved? Do you think a person can lose his salvation?

Starting to believe Jesus did not exist....a believer....attending church because a believer....but starting to believe Jesus did not exist.....Colombia.....

Catholic?

Why do you care about this discussion if you're an atheist. Obviously you don't believe in the old testament either, or the talmud.

Also, if you really are a theistic jew you have to believe that jesus existed, because the talmud talks about jesus and how the jews gleefully murdered him

I think you missed the point.

Daniel's 70 week prophecy was kicked off when Artaxerxes proclaimed that the temple could be rebuilt. 683 years later, the Messiah would be cut off.

It's a timed prophecy.

It had to be fulfilled timely.

And 483 years after Artaxerxes proclaimed that the temple could be rebuilt, March 455 BC iirc, Jesus entered Jerusalem to hails of Hosanna!

Save us now!

Jesus will judge the kikes, they will burn.

Fuck the jews, moneyworshipping faggots and their jewphoric slaves

(((You)))
Except it's completely true.

Exactly.

Also, here's a little info on the author of the article:
Valerie Tarico is a psychologist and writer in Seattle, Washington. She is the author of Trusting Doubt: A Former Evangelical Looks at Old Beliefs in a New Light and Deas and Other Imaginings, and the founder of www.WisdomCommons.org. Her articles about religion, reproductive health, and the role of women in society have been featured at sites including AlterNet, Salon, the Huffington Post, Grist, and Jezebel. Subscribe at ValerieTarico.com.

The dice are loaded from the start.

Why are you shifting the goalposts so hard?

You made a claim that the bible has rules for Christians to live by.

It has one. Live by faith. I showed you chapter and verse.

You clearly do not know why God gave Moses the Law, because you're still trying to follow it.

Yes, I am a born again Christian, and yes, Jesus set me free.

I am free.

And that includes being free from the onerous and impossible burden of the Law.