FOR THE Sup Forums CHICKEN HAWKS

The Airforce brass have been itching for some time to try out their MOAB toy. However, a bit of perspective:

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonexaminer.com/the-price-of-moab/article/2620237
youtube.com/watch?v=hP12PN-gDBY
youtube.com/watch?v=2D_zHRakOXY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLU-82
youtube.com/watch?v=CwC1iA9fzdw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Ordnance_Penetrator
atomicarchive.com/Docs/MED/med_chp3.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8GDJzyKx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and they used it to blow up a tunnel complex. Isis is finished!

does not penetrate tunnels though.

Looks like we have a conspiracy here, folks

I feel like all US armaments should play on repeat "TO THE GATES OF HELL! AS WE MAKE OUR WAY TO HELL!"

So in terms of explosive power per unit weight the MOAB is worse than smaller bombs?

>M O A B

>Massive
>Ordinance
>Air
>Burst
Why use an air burst on a tunnel complex?

Yeah but the Moab costs 316 million dollars and thedonald gets to jizz all over itself

You mentioned chicken?

>Yeah but the Moab costs 316
washingtonexaminer.com/the-price-of-moab/article/2620237

Its actually 16 million, did you accidentally press a 3 ?

Maybe they sent a guy over first?

Telegram for Mt. Mongo!

The massive shockwave will have destroyed anything in the tunnels though. The blast has a mile wide radius ON SURFACE, think about it.

>11 tons of TNT bomb
>according to media, it has 1 mile blast radius, roughly the same as little boy which was a 15 kiloton bomb.

can someone explain this to me?

suck out the air?

Fuck you

wasnt a MOAB deployed years back when we were trying to flush Bin Laden out??

It's designed for this. Shock wave amplifies in tunnels, blast radius collapses any entrances within a 1 mile radius. No one would be alive in those tunnels and any that might be a stuck there to starve and die.

Reeeeeeeeeee

They use thermobaric bombs for that purpose, I don't think the MOAB is.

See this clip, it really is a monster

youtube.com/watch?v=hP12PN-gDBY

ok, so it has a 1 mile "radius" when detonated inside a tunnel. that clarifies it. In that case it's a mistake to call it blast radius, since the blast energy is directed though the tunnel and is not spherical.

It costs a little over 12 million & US has 18 of them left now

Air is a fluid. Try again Bill Nye

Tested, never deployed against the enemy

It's more of a propaganda thing desu, a tomahawk missle can do the same thing a hell of a lot cleaner

MOAB is a propaganda weapon.

The push it out the cargo door of a prop transport plane for fuck sake.

Thats the BLAST radius
The KILL radius is 1/10 of that. Check out field manuals for hand grenades. There is concentric rings of KILL, INJURE ...

It does you people don't know any thing about moab it's fuel bomb agent orange bunker buster no caves with isis now exist

>$16,000,000
>to fill a large tube with explosives
I need to get into this defense industry contracting thing.

They had a smaller but similar weapon left over from Vietnam they used.

MOAB was the larger replacement that was never used.

this isn't t actually accurate.

each of those mk-83 bombs weight 1,000 bombs but only have 445lb of explosive filler

so really it would take 42 to 50 mk-83 bombs to equal the same explosive power as moab

but anyhow check out the power of a few mk-84

youtube.com/watch?v=2D_zHRakOXY

nice.

It was built specifically for this. It draws out all of the oxygen from even the deepest complexes and suffocates those it doesn't kill in the blast.

No, it has a one mile radius on the surface. It will collapse every tunnel entrance within that radius, and as a plus the explosion creates such a large vacuum that it will rip all the air out of those tunnels as well.

Stop talking, fuel... you think liquid fuel makes the MOAB go boom? Are you a child?

oh I didn't know, so the hiroshima bomb had a KILL radius of 1 mile then? Still trying to make sense of this

American moab just blew up my favorite terror tunnel. AMA

No. Mother of all Bombs.

It probably landed on some random farmer's hit

>pentagon report it disabled isis secret tunnel base!

MOAB was designed and built during the first invasion of Iraq. That's the 1990's.
Vietnam was in the 60-70's. I think you are confused with Napalm

how'd it feel?

You're thinking of Blu-82, the Daisy Cutter.

Because it sucks all the air out. ISIS shitheads can't do much if they can't fucking breath, dummy.

It really hurt my feelings. It wasn't my shift in the terror tunnel, I had the day off so I was fucking boys and goats as allowed in my gay religion. Then, boom. Sad day.

>MOAB was designed and built during the first invasion of Iraq. That's the 1990's.
>Vietnam was in the 60-70's. I think you are confused with Napalm

Go google the daisycutter and fuck off.

why are cluster bombs illegal?

if we filled a plane with softball sized bombs and dropped them over a battle, would that be legal?

Why didn't they use one of the 20 GBU-57s we have then?

Do you have a favorite pet goat?

does the military let you shitpost on Sup Forums

posting fake news. this is obviously EOD.

It has a guidance system and it has to be accident proof. Not to mention that the explosives yield a much greater blast than most other types

Its much harder than you think to build one of those puppies

The oxodizers are built into the chemical explosive. It's not a car junior. It doesnt require air to explode retard.

>It probably landed on some random farmer's hit

Actually GPS guided.

I'm totally a terrorist I wouldn't know

ISIS got their shit pushed in, HARD.

That was basically a nuke, without any radiation.

16 million? DROP MOAR!!!

NK better be paying close attention.

Are you a demo expert now

also again it was for bunkers, not for clearing out a few stadiums

Muhammad is the hottest but Muhammad is a more attentive lover

Because half of them don't go off killing innocents for generations.

No, it can't.

ok bud

>bubblehead
I don't know whether this is a joke or an insult. It's funny either way.

>American education

You are spreading lies. Just because you said it, doesn't make it true, and defending your lies makes you look dumb as fuck.

bitching about cluster bombs. i wonder how triggered you get over DU.

Google is free, you know. It only takes two seconds.

TACTICALL NOOK

I think its just time guys, afghani radioactive exlusion zone

I don't fucking know, ask the generals. The thing probably fit the mission.

Those aren't even 1000 pound bombs

Wrong, the other user is correct. He is talking about the BLU-82, which was used in Vietnam and remaining supplies were used up in the early days of the Afghanistan War. MOAB replaced the BLU-82, and has never been used on an enemy until today.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLU-82

get your facts straight

>The GBU-43 has 11 tons of TNT worth of explosive in it. Not kilotons. That's why it weighs 20000+ lbs. Nuclear bombs work by converting very small amounts of mass in to very large amounts of energy. The Hiroshima bomb was a thousand times stronger.

>The MOAB has roughly 0.085% of the explosive energy of the Hiroshima bomb according to Wikipedia.

Are you RARE?

Its fucking war who gives a fuck

Nah. If we don't irradiate the area, it can be rebuilt and reused. And, we don't get condemned by the world for using nukes.

MOAB is not a bunker bomb. It was designed to kill large formations of ground troops. It creates a Sonic Boom at ground level and the AIR shockwave does the rest of the work. Im not EOD, DOD

I hate trump after the Syria thing too, but why are we mad about this?
Bombing ISIS seems good to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=CwC1iA9fzdw

b61-12 is in the works. can dial the explosive yield from 3-340 kilotons

you can imagine these digging into a mountainside and exploding at a couple kilotons

Wut?

It doesn't require oxygen to detonate, but the resulting inferno requires a pretty decent amount of oxygen.

its a cost thing, cluster bombs have a really high dud rate

Why not just use a nuke already
Are you pansies afraid of some little radiation?

To trap them inside for a long lingering death, giving them time to realise that Allah will not save them and that being a mudslime is a meme.

The most effective place to drop a M.O.A.B. would be a soccer stadium, say when Arsenal plays.

>It costs a little over 12 million & US has 18 of them left now

Holy Shit! I'm writing my Senator right now and telling him we have a MOAB gap.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Ordnance_Penetrator

brit bants from a burger?

Guidance system yes, but the explosive is TNT and aluminum powder just like nearly all conventional bombs. Costs a few bucks a pound to make that

The middle east does need to be glassed so we can end this constant shitfest but using a nuke is a huge political problem. However, if the durka durkas happen to launch a nuke then I'm pretty sure that's complete open justification to eradicate them in nuclear hell fire.

Or Mecca during hajj

M.O.A.B.
What inferno? Whats burning and how did it catch fire? Your fantasy does not match physical reality.

start with Israel please.

hahahaha implying our overlords would ever dare harm Saudi Arabia. Good goy, you're a funny man.

>I'm totally a terrorist

well you know the drill achmed, pic or it didn't happen

you should get into the opium business instead, you kill just as many people and make money bigly.

How about all of the sand people at once? That's the best way.

I was asking why, if there's such a big difference in the energy of both bombs, they had similar blast radius, but it turns out I was wrong and the blast radius of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was roughly 12 miles according to atomicarchive.com/Docs/MED/med_chp3.shtml

In both cities the blast totally destroyed everything within a radius of 1 mile from the center of explosion, except for certain reinforced concrete frames as noted above. The atomic explosion almost completely destroyed Hiroshima's identity as a city. Over a fourth of the population was killed in one stroke and an additional fourth seriously injured, so that even if there had been no damage to structures and installations the normal city life would still have been completely shattered. Nearly everything was heavily damaged up to a radius of 3 miles from the blast, and beyond this distance damage, although comparatively light, extended for several more miles. Glass was broken up to 12 miles.

Defending your retardation makes you look worse, fuck off like the other user said

Yes, the MOAB is a thermobaric weapon.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8GDJzyKx4

should have got the levantines to nuke them.

It was not specifcally designed for that. It was a suggested use during the iraq war, but never deployed. It's also useful for valleys or cave complexes. It's a multi-use weapon - and it's #1 design intent was and is shock and awe.

The Dailey cutter.

Testing. They're designed to collapse tunnels. The mission had tunnels needing collapsed. Our next major mission may have miles of tunnels under a demilitarized zone which also need collapsed.

google thermobaric bombs