Sup Forums, tell me, what are you thoughts on neopaganism?

Sup Forums, tell me, what are you thoughts on neopaganism?

To me, it seems like I could never worship these gods, but I can understand the wish to save your culture and not let it die out. I don't wish for it to replace the culture we have today, but I do wish for it to be remembered and some aspects of it still practiced today, especially the bond between man and mother nature that all pagans seem to have. Is this what paganism truly means?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eC43IO5TW8M?t=1m32s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God will punish the ones that wasn't catholic in the world that is about to come.

So no, stay away from it

Don't you have Arab feet to wash?

I have 2 big problems with neopagans
1. They hate Christianity more than they love Europe
2. They don't actually believe in these magic space vikings

its autism for normies

From a mythological standpoint its fair more interesting than Abrahamic religion, and there's nothing wrong with taking an interest in your ancestral cultures, but running around in a bathrobe performing "rituals" is cringeworthy as fuck.

Modern paganism is like a candle without flame.
However there were genuine pagans in not so distant times: Goethe, Schiller, Novalis, Heine..

>Modern paganism is like a candle without flame.
wow that made me think

> 1. They hate Christianity more than they love Europe

This is actually a huge problem - still, Christianity has made his time, there's no doubt about this si, for the love of Europa we better move on in one way or another.

Also, more people should read Nietzsche. And I mean really read it, not meme or wiki.

It's all LARPing, none of these people actually believe in the pagan gods. Thus, it is destined to fail.

They were all members of romantic movement... Which is a different thing, in fact I have right now in my hand a book by Novalis called Die Christenheit oder Europa (Christendom or Europe)

Gay

Believing it's not the point. The point is simply acting according to a mythology or other things that could inspire you in your life (and by life I mean: having children, loving your race and family and protecting your land - this is all you need; Christianity gave us this for almost two thousand years - but as I said it's over and now is time to move on).

>buzzwords
>anime picture
hmm

Gay as fuck.
99% of the ones I have had conversations with are faggot apologists (Romans did it so its Aryan and a ok), worldview is not standardized, no two pagans can agree on their religion, claim to be social Darwinist but have an eternal victim complex against Christianity. Many other issues with it. I only like a few pagans like Varg and Stephen McNallen, rest are cringey faggots.
Stop worshiping wooden phallus statues.

Agree with this post.

Another problem is that the religions they try to practice are for all intents and purposes dead. They may have some legends and some reports of traditions that have been preserved, but these were usually written by Christians and also don't actually preserve the priestly teachings, initiatic traditions and general 'spirit' of what it meant to be a member of these pagan religions. That's gone and isn't coming back.

Most will accept this if pressed and instead suggest that they rebuild a religion, but that itself is a problem. They know they're putting together a faith from bits and pieces and they

>don't actually believe in these magic space vikings

religions aren't built by people who don't believe in it themselves. If you try all you get is a dead sterile religion. Philosophically adept Nietszchean Neo-Pagans may be able to get around this obstacle for themselves, but getting the masses of Europeans to become neo-pagan in any meaningful sense is impossible.

It's a false hope for trying to save Europe. But if you like reading the legends and pretending to be a Viking, knock yourself out.

Well Goethe confessed that he was pagan it hadn't stopped him to write Faust.

It's pathetic like satanism, those are religions for pathetic snowflakes.

The people calling themselves neopagans, they're mostly silly.

But I'll say this though, to all the braindead haters:

If you disrespect how your ancestors lived and what they believed, then you are disrespecting them and disrespecting your race.

youtu.be/eC43IO5TW8M?t=1m32s

It was the other way around when christians showed up.

No religion is the ultimate redpill. Fuck paganism and fuck semitism.

MånensDag, TyrsDag, OdinsDag ThorsDag, Fredjsdag.

Its a nordic world, we are just living in it

The number "One" is the Russian language is "Oдин" -- "Odin"

But some people will tell you that's just a coincidence.