Oroville dam spillway super fucked comfy thread

I have not seen a Oroville spillway comfy thread in a long time so I decided to check on it, well it looks super fucked now. That, and now they have to use this pile of shit for the next two weeks.

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oroville-dam-spillway-20170413-story.html

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/atmospheric-rivers-california-megaflood-lessons-from-forgotten-catastrophe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Snows not melted yet and its raining.

Calfag communist piece of queer garbahe here reporting.

kek, i miss these threads.

snowmelt incoming

How bad would you say it is, and do you have any prediction or anything the news is leaving out??

Me to these things were tits!!

It looks cool but I don't understand how such horrible incompetence was allowed. Do the engineers or politicians or whoever is in charge of maintaining the spillway not understand how much water is behind that dam? Do they not care?

>It looks cool but I don't understand how such horrible incompetence was allowed. Do the engineers or politicians or whoever is in charge of maintaining the spillway not understand how much water is behind that dam? Do they not care?
I am not sure what you know about California, they have priorities, but it's not infrastructure they are more worried about the feelings of poor transsexual illegals and making sure they are not being oppressed by whitey.

judging by the amount of bedrock in the area of the spillway as shown by this pic it looks like there never was real issue. The bedrock held the water in check. Pretty much a non issue besides making it look tidy with some concrete again.

When it is falling ?

Hard to say, but given there is still have a lot of snow to melt off, and we are early in the spring. It would look as if the main spillway has gone under a shit ton erosion, if I had to guess I would give it a 50/50 we will have a happing in the next 60 days. Let's also not forget the state of California does not have the money to fix it, and they will have to suck Trumps cock to get that money. That means they might have to give those poor illeagles to Ice

This is only the beginning of the failing U.S. infrastructure. Pisses me the fuck off that Trump is already getting the war machine ready, when this country needs trillions to update our infrastructure.

is that the dam from superman?

not even close

California != USA

yes

>the belly of the dragon will drop water

Can someone give me a rundown

So can some California user start cloud-seeding to bring more rain?

It was never supposed to rain or snow in California ever again due to global warming. The drought was never going to end. Insert wettest winter ever. Insert smug liberals.

In a town a bit below the dam. Nadda is gonna happen, they are releasing water at a steady rate to compensate for any melted snow. The dam wont break, if anything some more levees might give way.

SHIT

>In a town a bit below the dam. Nadda is gonna happen, they are releasing water at a steady rate to compensate for any melted snow. The dam wont break, if anything some more levees might give way.
The issue was never the damn, they are shitting blood over the spillway.

So there was a small hole in the spillway and California thinks the federal government should pay for all of its infrastructure, while they piss a way all their money on making sure trainee's feel cute, and should be able to get what ever fucked up surgery they want. Well the small hole turned into about a 250,000,000 dollar hole in the spill way. Now its up into the billions, and there is a real danger the spill way could claps. I will go through my old pics and see if I can find the old hole in the spillway. They have known about it for about 12 years now, but they decided to do jack all.

How on earth is that related to a dragon at all? That has to be some asian shit to do with the navy and the South China Sea.

WHO NEEDS ENGINEERS WHEN YOU HAVE SHOTCRETE?

PBLTPLBPBTLPTTPTTTTT

Oh I also left out the part when the hole started getting this big they tried using the backup spill way, but California being California, they used a black woman to design it, and they realized right away that the secondary spill way was going to fail. They had to use the fucked up main spillway.

Sorry forgot the pic

Bump for something that belongs here.

You don't have water power plants for these kind of places? Stupid desu

Ill get right on that.

the plant is beneath the dam. it can only handle so much water.

The maintenance money got spent on gibs. No joke.

dont worry, someone will find a way to draw a dragon out of child molestation cases in the area or something

>California
No, they don't care. They won't until catastrophe finally causes people to flip out at them. Until then it's more gibs to keep the masses docile.

Oroville dam you say?

LIke I told you faggots before, Oroville is Trump country and Kek is a servant of the Lord.

Fucking clown. It's "climate change". Get on message.

Dick.

Its a third world country thing.
First one's repair shit like that in 2 days.

13.4 fags are kidding themselves

>m-muh dam habbening

lol nothing happened faggots

The Californian state government is horribly incompetent and L.A, San Fran. and San Diego eat up most of their tax dollars.

Most of the water supply of LA and San Diego - not to mention the farm land of the central valley - comes from waterways that begin at the Oroville Dam.

It kind of affect the entire state.

when the hole first appeared, they didn't have two days to repair it

and the next time they had a chance to turn the spillway off, the hole was a whole lot bigger than that, and they were still focused on removing debris from the river and getting the powerplant's turbines back online

not that this whole shitshow isn't the result of unfathomable amounts of negligence

This is why you don't have illegals mix your concrete.

It is poorly designed and cheaply built
Spillway only a few feet thick,not anchored to rock, going to be a risk for years, whole spillway needs to be replaced

San Diegan here, I feel like we constantly get the shot end of the stick. As blue as the rest of the state is, we're pretty fucking red in comparison. We're hard working people that can't get shit done because of the over regulation foisted upon us by Los Angeles and San Francisco. We have a pitiful amount of storage for the but of water we do get from the sky, and we could easily dam a canyon or two to make more reservoirs, but envirohippies fuck us on that. We can't tear down an old stadium to build a new one in the same place because muh environment. Meanwhile we have to deal with literal shit pumped onto our beaches from Mexico. Our law enforcement are spread thin and there's a fucking fatal hit and run every fucking day by a god damned illegal that we can't deport because of "fuck borders n shit" idiots. This place could be paradise but liberal politics from a place 600 miles away fucks us in the ass.

At least you have the best beer in the world - not that I could afford to live there.

Wow. I loved the /ODG/ threads, that shit was comfy.

BTW I'm the batteryfag. Good times.

What's the point in having the best beer in the world if you can't afford to drink it? Rents would be a lot cheaper if the cheap apartments weren't taken up by illegals and illegal sympathizers. I hope Korea does have a sub off our coast, this place might be my hometown, but it's been destroyed by those cunts in Sacramento.

this, it's basically fucked already

>San Diegan
>Diegan
>iegan
>gan
the flood should have washed you away.

Fun fact:
When the people near the dam got word to evacuate, they thought the dam would burst any minute. Many were in such a rush to leave that they rammed other cars trying to force their way out of the clogged 2-lane highway. Highway calamities and shenanigans continued among terrified drivers until the highway patrol got their act together and closed down the oncoming lanes to accommodate the mass migration.

Also, most went south towards Sack-of-Tomatoes where flood waters would have caught up to them.

Fun Fact #2:
California is overdue for a mega-flood event that has previously left the Central Valley completely covered with water.

>Thousands of farms are entirely under water—cattle starving and drowning. All the roads in the middle of the state are impassable; so all mails are cut off. The telegraph also does not work clear through. In the Sacramento Valley for some distance the tops of the poles are under water. The entire valley was a lake extending from the mountains on one side to the coast range hills on the other. Steamers ran back over the ranches fourteen miles from the river, carrying stock, etc, to the hills. Nearly every house and farm over this immense region is gone. America has never before seen such desolation by flood as this has been, and seldom has the Old World seen the like.

Read here for more:
scientificamerican.com/article/atmospheric-rivers-california-megaflood-lessons-from-forgotten-catastrophe/

>tfw live right under pepe's head

then the original is yours