North korea is pretty complicated i guess

North korea is pretty complicated i guess.

If china makes the first move it's going to take the country, and then that guarantees that south korea will eventually be taken over by china at some point.

Otherwise, if the US invades NK and gives it to south korea, the US makes its anti-china alliance even stronger in the area.

What do you think will happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12743424
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

strawpoll.me/12743424

>Captcha
fuck off.

>china makes the first move
won't happen in your wildest dream
>US invades NK
it wouldn't be like the first Korean war (foot on the ground), US will probably do surgical strikes in the air taking out vital targets and hopefully Kim will bend his knee, not doing some crazy stuff. At the end of the day, Kim gets to keep his crown, NK loses its nuclear capability, everyone's happy

kim wont stay if he bends the knee, his generals will overthrow his ass

I think Trump will pre-emptively strike. NK will respond by carpet bombing Seoul. Lots of dead Koreans on both sides because the US military is ran by complete retards.

yeah that's also a possible scenario

>carpet bombing Seoul
with what?

retarted

nk will or will not detonate a bomb underground.
>NK will say they tested nuke

>us will say they tested MOAB

i don't think you guys understand the Korean problem. It's not about who makes the first move. it's what they're going to do with the millions of starving, brainwashed peasants they're going to have to deal with afterwards. North Korea is the worlds biggest hostage crisis, and no one can afford to solve it.it would bankrupt south if they unified. look what happened in the 90s when germany reunified. took a decade to recover, and east germany wasn't even all that bad. and china can barely keep a leash on it's own people, let alone adding millions of foreigners into the mix. nothing is going to happen, just like every other time this problem has flared up

The US will follow with a very limited strike following a next nuclear test. After that, the resolve of the Kim regime will determine what might happen next.

In any case, the PRC will be on standby to invade from the north to create as large of a buffer as possible in case of a war between NK and the West.

throwing the hot potato to the next guy is what got us to this mess to begin with

Damn commies ruin everything. Why do they hate food so much?

With everything they have.

i dont give a shit who owns korea or what happens there

if the solution was easy, it'd have been done decades ago. but we keep running into the same problem, and it's about as insurmountable as it was 3 decades ago. the cost of dealing with the aftermath is just too great. you'd have to get both the USA and all of asia co-operating to solve it. which is pratvially impossible

>Mad I can't bot the poll

Best option and most likely in my opinion is not boots on the ground solution for NK nor any kind of unification in the near future.
But Chinese backed military coup possibly assisted by US backed surgical military strikes / assassination operation to remove Kim family from power. What the North needs is a pro-China regime change that would begin to open up the country and improve the economy China style and then possibly fifty years down the road talks of possible unification. China does not want a US ally on its direct border, direct unification or US/SK invasion of North is also logistical mess and impossibility.

I would guess China has enough espionage and contacts in the Norths army to potentially support a regime chance. That seems the "best" option for NK and the region as whole.

but it would've been easier before, and now that they almost have ICBM tech, its now or never desu, we cant all be hostages to those fuckheads

>The US will follow with a very limited strike
It's all out or bust. A small strike will result in SK getting pummeled. NK wont know whether its a single limited strike or if there will be more in store, they will pull the trigger as soon as aggression is shown. Which is why we need to act either as fast and large as possible or not act at all.

allegedly his uncle was a little too chummy with china, thats why he got killed.

and when the penalty for treason is death for you and all your family, people wont risk that, especially the generals who live the best lives possible.

They have nothing close to functioning ICBMs. launching a rocket is childs play. you also need to strap a working nuke onto it, and work out how to make it hit the target. neither of which they can do

so what? wait for them to develop that then attack?

True, that is why only way I see regime chance happening is if something first happens to the Kim family definitely.

Any conventional invasion of NK is madness, it would be Vietnam 2.0 except against a closed military state that has had 50 years to prepare for military invasion. I cannot even begin to comprehend how vast the defensive bunker structures and fanaticism of the brain washed people would be.

Or then China cuts of all trade with NK together with intensive US bombing operations to starve the country, but then we are talking of biggest humanitarian crisis causes by two great powers in near history.

they'll never be able to do it. they'll keep doing what they've been doing for 70 years, talk shit but never do anything

cutting them off or more sanctions wont do shit, kim doesnt care about his people for shit.

a war would be costly thats true, but if you dont deal with it now it will be more costly then.

how do you come to that conclusion?

carpet bombing isnt accurate but they do have tons of artillery aimed as seoul which is only 30 miles from the border. its pretty much a given that in the even of a war seoul will be leveled.

>tons of artillery aimed as seoul
Fire-control radar can be easily jammed, I wouldn't be surprised if none of the 10,000 artillery pieces along that border work at all

>What do you think will happen?
USA nuke NK, China invade control Pinponshun and kill Kim and USA leave

Trump doesn't actually give a fuck about NK. He just wants to stop sending them foreign aid and he's going to use NK as leverage to do a deal with China.

Read Art of the Deal.

China is going to take it but I don't know if they will be the first ones to make a move. This is all part of the NWO plan to divide the planet into ten geographical regions and implement the NWO with a one word government.