Why is alimony still a thing? It's literally the most stupid thing ever

Why is alimony still a thing? It's literally the most stupid thing ever.

I would understand if it was just a small amount until the other person got their life back on track, but why the fuck do people like Brendan Fraser have to suffer for it so hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6cNGQFTyfIg
time.com/money/4116161/alimony-reform-spousal-support/
youtube.com/watch?v=WDYz4C5mxjs
youtube.com/watch?v=QIbdRQHINMI
youtube.com/watch?v=z8Ipihas1lU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Feminists_by_ethnicity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_mut‘ah
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump.
I know it's not your average rapefugee, cuck or trump thread, but pls give this thread a chance.

>Why is alimony still a thing?

Because anything else would be sexist :^)
It's just women being women that's all.

What happened to him? No more movies since a while

But there are also some men that receive alimony though.
Sure, it's mostly womyn, but still.

He had a couple bad movies which resulted in Hollywood dumping him. Then his wife devorced him and now he has to pay 900k / year in alimony which literally destroyed him.
youtube.com/watch?v=6cNGQFTyfIg
This video sums it all up nicely.

Video really starts at 2:40 though, before that it's just memeing.

My question is how the fuck does someone like him not know how to do a prenuptial agreement. His fault for not being smart

>Brendan Fraser
the only thing worse than alimorny

>But there are also some men that receive alimony though.

Yeah some wopping Now that women are paying alimony more often, they are getting involved in advocating for change.
time.com/money/4116161/alimony-reform-spousal-support/

Women being women, all is fair until they get the short end of the stick and then it's time for change

>"Haha should've gotten a prenup!!"
is the dumbest argument ever. How does a talk about a prenuip even occur?

>Hey bby, I know we're both in love and plan on living together with each other forever, but I just want you to sign these contracts so that if we split up you won't leech the living shit out of me.

I'm getting [TRIGGERED]

You take that back, faggot. Fraser movies are one of the comfiest movies out there. They're the perfect family movies.

Because lawyers benefit from divorce cases, and the person who points the unfairness of alimony will risk being ostracized, then potentially thrown in jail.

Here are a couple videos that show how alimony destroyed poor Brendan.

youtube.com/watch?v=WDYz4C5mxjs
Starts at 2:00. You can just see how fucking nervous and sad he is in this video.

Same as the previous one, stutters a lot and extremely nervous.

youtube.com/watch?v=z8Ipihas1lU
Literally an interview filmed with a phone. You can literally see the pain in his eyes.

>threatened by a brendan fraser fan

>900k a year alimony

what in the fuck

>My question is how the fuck does someone like him not know how to do a prenuptial agreement. His fault for not being smart

His first mistake, was being canadian. He got hit with alimony AFTER he became rich, not before. The cunt was already getting alimony then appealed to get more when he became a "star".

Lastly, prenups can get thrown out of court, as in the judge will not honor the contents, even if they are agreed upon by two lawyers when they were created. I have never heard of a prenup successfully protecting the man and his money.

he fell for the female jew

Sort of related dumb question

What would happen if I decided to flee the country? I'm a dual citizen so I figure I'd be alright.

ITT cheap misogynistic neo nazi trolls don't want to keep their end of their marriage promise to support their wives through sickness and through health

imagine getting a mil a year for doing nothing other than having a vagina

absolute bullshit

He made a ton of money, he's still fucking loaded, even with the ridiculous alimony he has to pay. he doesn't act anymore though because he's got a terrible back, he's basically a cripple.

Oh fuck off. It would've been somewhat "okay" if she only received the average income / year until she got her life back on tracks, but 900k a year? How the fuck is that even fair?

I know you're just shitposting, but still.

what the fuck man

Because
>women outnumber men (they live longer)
>% of women that vote is higher than % of voters who are men
>female suffrage was a mistake

>900k / year in alimony which literally destroyed him.

Didn't she sue him for more cause she said it wasn't enough to live off of?

>tfw had reasonable conversation about a prenup and both agreed to sign a clause against jewing each other
Feels good.

that is the embodiment of a broken man

how do we save brendan?

surely there must be a way

It's not a marriage any more after a divorce reeeeee

I hope this isn't true, my blood is already pumping after I created this thread.

Build a timemachine, go back 9 years and warn him

Realizing women and the feminising of men is the biggest reason the west has been turning to shit for the last 40-50 years
is one of the biggest redpills to swallow.

Women are literally killing the west as we speak and we've let them for far too long. The trick is to not play into the hands of (((them)))
and go down the MGTOW blackpill road whilst simultaneously not allow women to influence your behaviour.

I wonder where the biggest financers of feminist organisations hail from :^) fucking frankfurt school all up in this bitch

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Feminists_by_ethnicity
>Jewish feminists (255)

Please stop reminding Brendan. He comes here to get his mind off of such matters.

On the bright side he's only got like 6 more years or something.

It's pretty easy to talk about a pre-nup when you're marrying a decent human being and aren't a massive c u c k.

Alimony was based on a few things. Back in the day the bride's family paid the husband a dowry, provided for the wedding expenses, and the wife did not have the opportunity to find gainful employment.

So the idea of alimony was a way to keep the husband committed considering he got a lush package to begin with, but was also leaving his partner's future high and dry should there be a divorce.

Now no dowry's are given, the husband is the one who pays for the wedding, and there is an almost equal distribution of males and females in the workforce.

It's an outdated, miserable concept.

>tfw i will never EVER have children or a relationship

got an orchiectomy at 18 so i cant produce sperm.

i win roasties. i win.

poor guy

It's a portion of their total income you fucking nazi not a random number that they can't possibly pay

You still promised to be there for them forever. Shouldn't have made that legally binding promise.

Because feminism is a meme.
They'll say they're strong, independent womyn, but then cry about their air-conditioned office being several degrees too cool, constantly take sick leaves, refuse to work overtime, and expect to have a 10/10 Chad land on their lap that they can either force to put up with their shitty behavior or simply divorce and be set for life on alimony/child support.
It's still a discussion that needs to be had. If she refuses to sign one, then that's a huge red flag that should lead to her immediately being dumped.

But why a large one like that??? Please fucking explain to me how paying 900k is just??

My boyfriend is set to get a bunch of money from a lawsuit. I would sign a prenup and make videos or whatever he wanted. I don't want his fucking money. I love him and only him. He's the best man in the world and he sits on all of you. I would never ever ever put him under any stress or pain becausuhe I love him and I want him to be happy and live a happy life.

paying 900k is JUST

Didn't even notice that kek

at the time of divorce he had 45 million banked and his wife had 3 kids with him

you'd have to look into afton's background and you'd have to look into who the judge was

i bet there was some hanky panky
but afton smith is almost a ghost on the internet

You seem to be missing the point here. Even if he had billions, why would he be obliged to pay a large sum like that?
Why not just the average income of an American?

I HEARD BRENDAN IS MAKING A COMEBACK, PLEASE GUYS SAY THAT THIS IS TRUE!!

except you're a woman which means you have no actual principles and everything you just typed is the result of a transient mood which can flip to perma-bitch "fuck you pay me" at any random moment you arbitrarily decide to do so, you'll happily invent any narrative to justify it, and all your strong womyn friends will give you the "(You) go girl" you desire to assuage your barely-existent conscience

>female suffrage was a mistake

Not if you vote for the (D).

Women are poison

Don't buy Kevin MacDonalds book, i can give the summary here in far less words and pages.

Jews are Evil
Jews are the spawn of Satan

there is a longstanding batshit arguing of a woman being provided the lifestyle of which she was accustomed. That is the lifestyle she had while married.

I don't know why it holds up in court, because courts are bullshit i guess.

>GET DIVORCED
>I NEED TO LIVE LIKE I DIDNT GET DIVORCED
>COURTS: OK

this
its simply a matter of time

Nah im not mean or mean to anyone. If anything I'm dependant personality disorder. I cling to him a lot. He tricks me into thinking he's dying every month or so and I just break down sobbing. I'd probably just kill myself if he didn't want me anymore. I've loved him for like ten years. I don't like other women. I think they are weak, pathetic, and inhumane.

It's ridiculous. Especially when they need no proof of anything to get a divorce now.

Little did you know procedures such as yours only change the color of the baby.

>He tricks me

Does anyone else see this shit or am I the only one to see this huge red flag in her thought patterns

I could just imagine her saying this in court

Check his insta he's been updating his #FraserHeads about upcoming work in 2017!

jesus christ

>Why is alimony still a thing? It's literally the most stupid thing ever.
you sound like an american high school teenager
stop that.

at this point we must acknowledge that everyone KNOWS its a scam and it is passively accepted by society as a whole that men get legally shafted in court.
Because there is no way anyone can justify this. Not just the sums they are getting but that they are getting money at all. Nobody deserves a cent after divorce from a spouse. For what god damn reason? You cant take care of your kids alone ? well too bad dont get divorced. Work things out. Thats how life works.

There is no reason so, its basically a publicly accepted scam.

This is a True Story
>1978 housewife divorces engineer, awarded $2800.00 per month in alimony.
>2017 lady never remarried but did focus on status-climbing, dating doctors and lawyers and trust fund babies Lives a very comfortable life and has a nursing career.
>husband/father rarely ever saw his daughter due to alienation of parental affection by wife/mother.
>daughter is full-time status climber today, collecting child support from her low income ex husband while dating doctors and lawyers and trust fund babies, and rarely allowing visitation to children.

Women are shit.

No he literally does. He's a really good actor and he comes at me sobbing and tells me shit like he has cancer or he was in a car wreck or something. Then he runs with it for like ten minutes until I'm bawling and snot is running down my face and im just chanting I love you over and over while I'm crying and then he's like HAHA GET REKT YOU DUMB BITCH. Hes a fun person.

correction, white women are shit.

Maybe introduce a marriage-lite "civil partnership" with less benefits and responsibilities and they can expire after a set time and you can walk away Scot free.

women are trash

It's obviously some faggot larper. Stop replying

Thats pretty stupid of you though. Its admirable and ideally what we all want but stupid for you. You have a pussy, do you understand that? You never have to live less than a nice lifestyle. if you ever live in poverty or have to do without reasonable wants then you chose very poorly how to monetize your pussy. The courts give you the right to take some of that money if things fall apart between you and your guy. seriously, your pussy is a blessing meant to enrich you even after he gets tired of it.

>he doesn't act anymore though because he's got a terrible back, he's basically a cripple.

Sad to hear if true. The Mummy was on par with the best of Indiana Jones movies.

do Encino Man Two, guaranteed debnts paid off.

Because muhh 'womyn'

As much as alimony in general is horseshit, and it is, isn't it also based off your earnings?

If I ever get caught in this bullshit im just quitting my job and being a leech

hilariously, it's based off your earnings AT THE TIME OF THE DIVORCE

hahahaha it's fucking madness
except women can renegotiate if you get more money
but you can't renegotiate if you earn less

thus brendan's fate

Yes, which is still stupid. Read

White men are attacked in a variety of ways yet still expected to carry society.

Top kek the next Mummy film is starring Tom Cruise instead

Pretty much how you just said it.

Yeah, he explains why in this very sad and painful to watch interview.

To close the """wage gap"""

>Silvio Berlusconi , the once Italian Prime Minister is said to pay his ex-wife $4 million per month. She gets these checks each month and can spend them on whatever she would like, including the bills and any lavish luxuries she would like to afford considering he also pays for some of the mortgage and the upkeep on vehicles that she drives around. Talk about hefty, expensive divorces. And there is not time limit, she will be receiving alimony forever.

You're forgetting the fact that prenups can also be thrown out in court

...also...

Prenups get thrown out in court by any half decent lawyer claiming she signed it under duress.

>$4 million
>PER MONTH
>F O R E V E R

That's my plan

I'm a sole trader. My business is directly tied to my worth as a human. If my gf thinks that any future marriage breakdown will allow her to destroy what I have spent years building up, shes got another thing coming. Its beyond simply money.

And some people think women are the empathetic sex.

>Maybe introduce a marriage-lite "civil partnership" with less benefits and responsibilities and they can expire after a set time and you can walk away Scot free.

Mudslimes do this. It's called temporary marriage. All complete bullshit of course.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_mut‘ah

Yes, what you say applies at THIS moment. I don't doubt your sincerity. The thing is though that your feelings will change over time. That's when it becomes a little more nuanced than your current perception. And it often happens the female decides she wants to separate even if there's nothing particularly wrong with the relationship. Happens all the time. It is quite rare for men to divorce because of familiarity and lack of excitement or not being in love anymore. Women do it often, especially when younger than 40. Why? Because most females are practically slaves to their feelings and hence rationalize everything according to their feelings without grasping the fact their feelings will always change.

D you think the people who end up in an acrimonious divorce hated each other when they married? Of course not. And that stuff still happens.

Anyway, you're speaking 100% with your feelings. I hope you understand what you feel now is NOT what makes your marriage last. Time will show you.

>900 k a year

holy shit women are a fucking meme. can Sup Forums save brendan fraser?

Or just get rid of alimony, child support, etc.

>If I ever get caught in this bullshit im just quitting my job and being a leech

Feel free to do so...then some fuckface in black robes turns around and says you are "deliberately under-employed", so fucking suck it up and pay the cunt her cash + prizes or go to jail.

Also, since you tried fucking with the system I've raised your alimony and child support by 25%.

Suck it up dude.

I'm convinced now.
We lost. Women are now in control over men.

>weak troll

Continue paying for as long as she continues doing her part.

>I would understand if it was just a small amount until the other person got their life back on track

And she'll never get her life back on track if someone is paying her free money. So she'll stay perpetually "in need" so she can soak up the free shit and never have to work.

It's why alimony should be done away with.

>considering he also pays for some of the mortgage and the upkeep on vehicles that she drives around. Talk about hefty, expensive divorces. And there is not time limit, she will be receiving alimony forever.

Nope. He's fucking 80 dude (born 29 September 1936)

When he's dead the river of money dries up.

Because western society is vaginacentrist. Thats why marrying without a prenup is a sign of retard and even with its not the smartest move.

Until the judge decides your prenup doesn't rape you hard enough and throws it out, pay your ex gibs nao.

This too. The judges and lawyers get paid through it so they are in cohoots with each other, making sure to rape the man's wallet so they get their pay day too.

Boo hoo, however will she survive with only the previous $4 million per month she received before he inevitably dies?

>Thats why marrying is the sign of a retard.

FTFY.

This. Women didn't mastermind this shit. It was the lawyers and judges who realized they could make bank by stacking the odds against men, while using women as willing tools in the matter.