In The Pit

How does Sup Forums deal with crushing existential dread when it arises? I have no purpose and see no meaning in my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R-sYDf0YGv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I eventually passes m8. -Hug-

Nietzsche

kys

Smoke weed

You're here. You were born into a system of government and you had no say in it. You don't know what comes after death so you might aswell try to enjoy whatever 'this' is.

Life is what you make it if you chose to have no meaning you won't. Find what you love and even if you don't the search will be the purpose. I don't have your answers though you are the only one who knows what you want.

Tao style: embrace nothingness and be freed.

Get iron pilled. Start working out, make something of your life. Be that Roman soldier at Vesuvius who died at his post. No matter how bleak the situation might be, we will fight to our last breath for our ancestors sake.

Find/create a value system my man.

Find something to be responsible to.

Ain't no purpose, satisfaction, or joy without a damn value system.

>Be that Roman soldier at Vesuvius who died at his post.
Checked. Also, tell me more about this soldier, senpai.

Just adopt selfish apathy

Start seeing the only purpose in life being happy and having enjoyment

Start going outside and put yourself in fun yet uncomfortable social situations I.e. strike up a conversation with an affable stranger while standing in line at the store, tell a pretty woman she looks nice, go to a bar/pub by yourself and have a few pints and talk to a bartender

You are in charge of your emotions and your well being. The Universe will not comport itself to give you purposefulness. Only you can do that

>that feel when these people have seemingly no idea what having meaning means philosophically

Sort yourself out

t. Jordan Petersen

Its hard to instantly snap into the mindset of self improvement. Im stuck in loops of "why does anything matter" thoughts. I suppose my life has become dulled recently, my routine is soul crushing and the only things i look forward to are speaking with friends and training martial arts.

How did you all find something to drive you forward, and what is it for you?

this

he was found dead at his post despite running being the survival option.

also OP, realize that our civilization needs us. I live for our race, our civilization, our families, our communities. There will be a great conflict in our time for the survival of the West. Also realize we are in a current metapolitical war for the soul and nature of our lands.

there is purpose. your life is a struggle against the void. so struggle. that's what you are here for.

>It's not just a meme
SORT
O
R
T

Please, enlighten me O great tripfag.

>I have no purpose and see no meaning in my life.
So? Other people are fighting for survival and you're jacking yourself off. Nobody cares about your feelings. Get over it or kill yourself faggot

>How did you all find something to drive you forward, and what is it for you?
Unironically, knowing that our civilization is going to collapse (not necessarily apocalyptically, but slowly) within our lifetime and we have to be the ones to preserve the flames. Read Canticle for Leibowitz, or better, Camp of the Saints. In Camp of the Saints there is a group of 20 men who are the last defenders of Europe and they have a blast defending it despite it being a complete and utter fools errand with no chance of success. It's an inspiration for me.

>this

no one is here willingly and no one gets out alive, very simple but this should be a reminder that everything is finite. now whether you choose to become a nihilist or an opportunist, that will be up to you

Not not that user but perhaps this?

Make short-term easy to accomplish goals such as daily reading or going on walks with no music just think. Accomplish those goals and get them built in your routine and then start establishing long-distance goals like what you want to do and who you want to be. The best way of accomplishing this is writing down on your goals and making sure you read about them everyday.

survival. that's it.

take your faggot ass to /r9k

Heroin

Best feeling in the world

I tried a similar mental excercise recently. It was hard to think of anything i want in the future. Material posessions are out of the question, none of that inspires me. But i came to the conclusion that i want confidence and fearlessness, so i can prevent myself from slipping into this state. I wouldnt know how to begin though, im not a socially crippled autist, ive actually made huge strides and become a better person. But these questions get a hold of me every once in a while and remind me of the things im ignoring.

>posting a libtard boomer
why?

pleb tier. Jung is where it's at.

Both are great philosophers, quit being a faggot.

"The pain is enough to fill a man's heart"

there is no solution but the search for a solution is the solution. so keep searching.

you can stop from harakiri by realizing that you DON'T know everything and it would be arrogant to jump into a state of being you can't revert from.

camus

Im not suicidal quite yet, but thank you friend.

Why does there need to be a purpose or a meaning? Just go listen to the stream trickling by, or maybe pop one of these freshly sprouting dandelions into your mouth.

Life is what you make of it. If you worry and fret, it would be tiresome. If you sing and dance, it can be a never ending celebration.

Maybe experiencing the totality of things IS the point of what we call living, and we are but individual thought forms in the mind of god itself, experiencing things in a frame of reference we call time, but really, infinity just exists as ever.

>How does Sup Forums deal with crushing existential dread when it arises?

user pls.

Meaning is what something works towards beyond itself. Meaning is synonymous with purpose in this case. For instance the heart inherently works (by its nature, not to say it is at all conscious) towards the pumping of blood. The uterus primarily for the birthing of children, etc. The desires for making us aware of these needs and our capacity for reason so we may regulate such desires rather than be regulated by them.

Fulfillment (what is also referred to as "inner peace" or "joy" by other systems from around the world) is to come about by adhering to our purpose. Early existentialists held that all people were distinctly different in what would fulfill them and so they must be free to fulfill their desires so to reach it. Western thought before it - which is staunchly Catholic - holds that despite quirks unique to each person humanity as a whole has something that fulfills them that is their purpose and that is living a life of love. By which, I mean the willing the good of others without self-interest.

Most people who speak of lacking purpose and meaning are simply confused about what to do with themselves and are in need of direction, they tend towards not actually rejecting the examples of natural purpose I mentioned at the top. Or at least maintain it and want to rename "purpose" to "function" because it sounds too theistic to them.

anime then go to sleep. It always goes away.
Repeat if symptoms persist

You can look up the term Final Casuality if you wish to know more about the idea of innate purpose, user.

Whether you look at it from a idealists or materialists point of view the fact that you are here to have these thoughts is astounding.

Either you were always meant to be, a fundamental, inherent and vital part of the universe and existence.

Or you have arisen out of countless millions of odds stacked against you. The chances of anything existing at all The incredibly vast emptiness of space. The fragility and delicateness of the environment and precise conditions in which we live. The unbroken chain of people and events that led to your birth.

What is certain is that we are only here for a short while. You are here so make your mark. Don't have fear because everything is going to be okay.

One of them is.

Fuck off to Reddit you ape.

Life is great, so just enjoy it mate. All the good things, all the normal things and all the bad things, they are all fun you just have to learn to appreciate them.

Alcoholism.
inb4 degeneracy

>It was improbable for you to be born so life is precious
The shit that rests on the street is also a consequence of an extremely long chain of cause and effect, does that make it less of a shit?

Im going to continue educating myself. Thank you all for the advice and kindness, it definitely helps to be reminded that we're all in this together. I wish you guys all the best.

I look at it this way: someday you're going to die, and when you do you'll either not exist anymore or find out the answers to all your mortal questions. Death isn't going anywhere, so why rush?

Give purpose to your own life user. I was in the same mindset as you (still kind of am) but it helps to set a good mix of long/short term goals for yourself. The long terms goals will give you something to look forward to in the future while the short term ones give you a sense of accomplishment every day/week/whatever.

For instance make working out of this mental rut your long term goal and set some short term goals to help move towards that big one. It's not a quick fix but a good routine to not reflect on the emptiness that is life.

I pop a Xanax or drink a hot toddy and get on with life.

For me it is the 14 words

I have no universal recipe but if you are capable of it, religion is a good answer
if you're too far gone for that I dont know what to tell you

Consider yourself a time traveler, not the kind that can go back and forth, one that only goes toward the future, a less painful future.

The single mom path.

Intense masturbation.

Godspeed user

>crushing existential dread
This is foreign to me. What does it feel like? What brings it on? Is it emotionally or intellectually driven? Pretend I'm an alien with no understanding of humans.

it could be depression, in which case, get over it
could be dehydration, in which case drink more water
could be self-centeredness, in which case do some community service
could be nihilism, in which case try religion

Your decisions give your life meaning. Meaning doesn't just come by and suck off your life while you're wasting your time in front of a computer.

Seriously OP, sounds like you've got a lot of sorting to do.

Go rescue your father from the chaos dragon at the bottom of the ocean.

google "vacuum metastability event" read, about it, and you'll have some idea of what it feels like.

watch anime

>appreciate the shitskinization of europe

yeah, no

He means
>All the words have been spoken
>Everything has already been tried
>When I die, nobody will remember me
>If they remember me, it's only for a few generations
>My life has no meaning in the far future, so why should it have meaning now?

spooning girlfriend

Start working out.

>implying hating something can't be fun
I am enjoying my anger.

itt: underages

look for something in your immediate environment you can do to improve your life. do it. then look for something else. rinse and repeat until sorted.

By sucking it up and moving on, refocusing on yourself.

Woman took my kid and ran and now that I found him as a teen, he refuses to have anything to do with me no matter what proof I show him that his mother was a piece of shit. Wife I am with now claiming that I abuse her when I get quiet for a few days and refuse to speak with her when we have an "argument" and would apparently have me yell and throw shit. Fuck that. I'm about to divorce this cunt, but it hits me often that this is my life, being fucking treated like shit and used by worthless fuckfaces, including siblings who are either addicts or lazy and refuse to work and try to mooch.

Once I'm single I'm going to focus on moving jobs to something I will enjoy and spend my free time getting into a hobby or two, maybe even working on restoring an old muscle car and just keep trying to get into my sons life and do for my aging parents as much as I can.

If I want to fuck, I'll just start relying on hookers or get into this whole technology thing. Marriage/relationships are not worth it, because women can't be assed to live with stability

No it doesn't
And even if it does, it's temporary and always comes back

feel good all the time OP

appreciate the complexity of life and the universe, that's what helped me.

how everything is connected, how we die, how time works, how our brains interpret lines and squigglies as meaning and metaphor - all different for each person because we all went through different life experiences, how bacteria existed, the history of one object and how many billions of interactions have occurred in a matter of a few seconds.

like a wall, the history of a wall is amazingly complex, that wall that holds your room, who built that wall, how many bugs have crawled on that wall, where the bugs ancestors came from, how far they travelled and adapted to become the bugs of today, how much bacteria lived and died on that wall, every single scratch mark on that wall was created from a single event, how many people interacted with the wall, it's just a fucking wall but it has an amazingly complex history, a fucking ecosystem lives on that wall.

or how we all ended up here, on Sup Forums, billions of billions of billions of billions of billions of circumstances and interactions between billions of billions of billions of billions of objects that led us to this one thread, some people would ignore this thread because they hate the thought of existentialism, and many others hate their own lives, and some just lie to themselves.

it's insane how complex this world is, appreciate the world you live in and toss away your ego and go on a nature hike or observe how your fellow human interacts within their own community; we all die in the end, everything ends, but appreciate what we live through, how long it took for us to contemplate our own mortality

Flesh grows weak. Steel becomes brittle. But the will is indomitable.

It also came true 40 years later.

problem isn't everyone else, it's you. read some books about interpersonal communication and conflict management. try "crucial conversations".

by realising it isn't really true and makes no sense. Stop reading about what 22 year old beta cuck autists have to say about life on the internet

You must forge your own meaning. Try redpilling yourself on christ. I use to be a hardcore atheist, my life is way better now.

>leaf
yeah nah, shitcunt

Lay off the crack

it's your life. keep playing the victim if that's what comforts you.

I'm a Christian so I don't have those problems m8.
I wore a fedora for 38 years before I was born again.
Life has meaning, you are just blind to it.

isnt the horn on that rhino worth like 50k? im not going to poach one but id kill the shit out of those hyenas for the thing.

To live is to suffer.

Try to make the suffering less.

despair is a tool, not an evil. there is none but the good. suffering is confusion about the good. the cure is illumination

I haven't felt that sense of dread and anxiety since I really fell off and succumbed to it completely.

You must face it at it's worse to grow out of it.

By collecting pics of cute 2hou girls

I choose to smile

:)

is that doggo okay?

Don't you fucking quit now, you little bitch. You're a role model for people really feeling that dread. Chin up, shoulders back and fucking boot them where it hurts, with your size 14's.

No idea mate, lifes pretty good tbqh, grow some bollocks and get your act together perhaps?

OP, there is no meaning to life. Just enjoy it and try to live with some semblance of virtue. You have to be able to sleep at night so don't become a totally immoral piece of shit.

You don't need to worry about "the white race," having kids, or all the other nonsense Sup Forumstards are obsessed with. When you die, you die, and nothing matters. The universe will enter heat death regardless of the choices you make here & now, and all your accomplishments & possessions will become dust. You didn't have a choice to enter this world, but you do have a choice when to leave. Don't KYS, but don't fear death. This board is full of cucks who fear death and desperately want to drop their load in a woman to appease their genetic slavemaster. Death has no agenda, it is not an entity, it is simply a return to the state from which "you" originated. The line between the two is arbitrary and constructed from evolutionary biology.

Everything this board promotes is a lie propped up by fear of genetic death. 100% cuckoldry.

I really want to see this.

Nature vs nurture?
Nature will always prevail
I'm a cunt born of two lesser cunts,
You'd be hard pressed to find a more hate filled nasty twat than me
If I was lil Kimmy or putan, I'd hit that red button like a swollen baboons ass

>I have no purpose and see no meaning in my life.

EVERYTHING you do MATTERS, user. youtu.be/R-sYDf0YGv4

>why does anything matter
This is pretty much how I've felt my whole life. Probably why I turned out a NEET cause I simply don't see the reason to do anything besides enjoy my time on this world the best I can. I don't see no noble struggle nor hope for this world and if I did I probably wouldn't care.

That's pretty gay, dude.

Embrace the Absurd

Read Camus

God is real, mang.

My grandma was a devout Catholic, prayed every day, went to mass each sunday until she became bedridden. She claimed she had talked with my deceased uncle and her mother.

She died on palm sunday and was buried yesterday. When they put her coffin down into the grave, it started to rain and when the service was over it stopped. Then the sun shone the whole fucking day.

Shit was eerie. She always used to say sinners get rain for their wedding while pious people get rain for their burial.

I found heroin. Then I left that and found Buddhism, mental control and ability to detach from the material. But even then, in the small hours, I sometimes wonder if I just replaced the needle with a fat Asian dude...

You need mental muscle as well as physical.

I drink and smoke heavily every day
Plus ssris