What is the cause of virtue signaling?

It seems to be a phenomenon almost entirely of the modern age. I personally believe it's because of large-scale social media networks which reinforce echo chambers and circular ideological feedback loops of people doing nothing but patting themselves on the back. With more anonymity there's much less incentive to display yourself so to say. Although I could probably come up with more reasoning, I'm not a huge fan of ungrouded psychoanalytic speculation, what do you think Sup Forums? Is there more to it?

The Jews encourage you to virtue signal and incentivize it.
>Mark Zuckerberg, the guy who made Facebook was responsible for the flag thing and made that a feature on the site.

>Is there more to it?

It is essentially buying social status, ideological make-up.

You're putting way too much thought into this.

>schools brainwash everyone about racism
>teach them how horrible it is
>like good little subservient slaves people scratch and claw to show how non racist they are to appeal to their peers and fit in

We've stopped giving a shit about social acceptance because most of us are outcasts to varrying degrees, we've also learned there is nothing wrong with racism

Human nature

/thread

I didn't even come up with a complicated explanation or anything, it basically breaks down to public exposure to large social groups making people act in a certain way. I just wondered if anybody else thought differently or had their own idea as to why it was a thing.

>It seems to be a phenomenon almost entirely of the modern age.
Nah it's been around forever.
It's just easier with the internet. Back then you need to commision a statue or a painting, now you just tweet or write FB post.

White people don't have simple real life ways to act with virtue that will be recognized by their community. In the past, in smaller social groups, you could do good deeds that directly helped your friends and neighbors. You gained standing in the circle by your good deeds, and the deed could be a feat of ingenuity, or an act of generosity that was widely known and visible. People would praise and befriend you for your reputation as a good person.

Now we are all isolated strangers. Jews have turned charity into a matter of finances. We are surrounded by people who aren't part of our social network, and the tenuous circle that does exist is short on time and energy to help out. We also have a high standard of living that eliminates the need to help out.

The urge to help and be recognized for it is still there but we have no way to apply it.

Very simple reason, that accounts for the phenomenon.

The economics of digital likes and comments from others patting them on the back gives an endorphin rush.

>Now we are all isolated strangers. Jews have turned charity into a matter of finances. We are surrounded by people who aren't part of our social network, and the tenuous circle that does exist is short on time and energy to help out. We also have a high standard of living that eliminates the need to help out.

Christ m8, just turn off the internet and go outside sometimes. There are still people who lead normal lives outside of FB/Twitter/Reddit/Sup Forums/whatever echo chambers.

People trying to get laid and praised like good little cattle they are.

Repetition compulsion of Jewish projection.

Competition for whoever can accumulate the most good goy points

>What's the cause of [problem in society]?
Jews

>D-do I have enough for a few shekel tendies?

Virtue Signalling is not entirely an online phenomenon, and happens in real life. The USSR was an empire based on virtue signalling.

Heavy Virtue Signalling is a sign of living in a oppressed society

You ever been to church? That's the whole damn social paradigm of church life: virtue signaling. Look at me, hands up so u know I'm really into it; look at me, i like god so much he made me fall over etc.

People want to belong. They want to ascend their social dominance hierarchy. Part of that is asserting their adherence to a value structure commonly held by their peers. Social justice memeing is a common modern way to do this. But it's deeply rooted in human history - even beyond that. Why does your cat bring you dead mice?

Insecurity, self hatred and a massive ego.

Virtue signaling is a polite way of saying "I'm better than you". It's just new-age collectivist patronizing.

I speak in generalities. I myself have zero social circle because I work so much. I have acquaintances, but my schedule is 11 am-4 am 6 days a week. That leaves me out of the loop almost entirely.

I bet a lot of people who virtue signal have a small circle like me, or don't have a clear way to do real good, so they seek it online