Give me the redpill on Martin Shkreli

The (((media))) and (((Congress))) tells me that I should hate Martin Shkreli for increasing prices on his cancer medicine by an abominable rate. Was what he did justified or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yPzb3OpDRl4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjMRr9VR_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=HROHxpDE6Dw
youtube.com/watch?v=HXVQOZDKlRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well he's alb*nian so he's probably a cunt

you can literally justify anything with personal gain

you cant shell teh shkrel!!!

capitalism is awesome!

took small audience drug n upped price before big corp axed it

saved lives

Yes.

Insurance takes the hit, people that really do need it with no means to get it, are just a private message away from getting free medicine from the man himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=yPzb3OpDRl4

Based af
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjMRr9VR_Y

He's a great guy. Amazing career, like there Tillerson level CEOs in pharma that couldn't have achieved what he did.

Also he had a "beef" with wu tang, so you can understand why reddit hates him - he's living their teen dreams. Plus he spends his days around scientists doing cutting edge research - so again you can understand why reddit hates him.

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Banged Brittany Venti

Never trust an albanian

His price hike fucked over insurance companies, not "dying sick patients". The hate is forced by the media and congress because they're boys with the insurance industry

Shkreli is ok... He's a Bernie Fuckface commie hypocrite supporter. But he's hilarious and OG.

Okay, but where are the facts that he had to raise the price for reasons other than what the media tells us, which is he just woke up one morning and decided the raise the price just to be a dick?

Intelligent guy with a top 1% work ethic.
He's 80% blue pilled, however.

Did nothing wrong

did he really?

how do u know?

Shkreli is based. A bit of a kike-ish demeanor for an Albanian, but based nonetheless.

YES he's blue pilled as a mother fucker.

She said it on her stream

Eyes too far apart

It's just about cash flows.
He raised the price of an extremely old toxoplasmosis drug developed in the 1950s in order to fuel research into creating better toxoplasmosis drugs.
This is extremely common practice in pharmaceuticals. Without it, you would still be taking obsolete drugs for depression, cholesterol, etc (virtually everything).

Socialized healthcare would be devastating for future research into pharmaceuticals. There's a reason why Canada, with their universal healthcare, does not do anywhere near as much research into medicine as the United States. They simply cannot afford to. Therefore, if you want universal healthcare, you are going to be sacrificing your future health.

All half breeds are misshapen.

Hi Martin,

Please buy more drugs but reduce the prices massively instead and destroy the price cartel of the big pharma.

Sincerely
user

It's his job to price each pill to pay for the manufacturing costs. Up front cost was high and only a few pills needed to be made. The insurance company probably agreed with the price. Poorfags could still jump through a few hoops and get the drug for free. He did nothing wrong.

Okay, that sounds great! A few sources on this, though?

shiptar bastard

He worked the broader, holistic healthcare system to fund research into treating a parasite. The current drug used to treat said parasite, for which he holds the patent in the US, dates from the 1950's and doesn't do a very good job. This parasite is exceptionally rare and only affects around 2k people in the US each year. As a result of the age of this drug, it'd be very cheap for a long time. As a result of the rarity of the parasite, most hospitals and clinics that keep a dose of the drug on hand had their samples expire due to the aforementioned rarity of the parasitic condition. Shkreli hiked the price of the drug, the cost of which would have been almost entirely born by insurance companies, not the patients, in order to fund research into a new and better treatment. He also made a public guarantee that if someone somehow "fell through the cracks" and didn't have coverage or couldn't afford the drug that he'd send them a dose for free at no expense to the patient.

This is actually very common practice in the pharmaceutical industry, to hike the price of treatment in order to fund new drugs. Shkreli has pointed to notable examples of such practices including those instances by Merck pharmaceuticals, a major company in the industry. People only hate Shkreli because he pulled off a real-life trolling job and has a punch-able face. Whatever defects in his personality there may be, HE DID NOTHING WRONG.

What do you mean sources?

If by sources, you'd like to hear it from Martin himself -- just use google and listen to one of his interviews.
Aside from that, it's really, really basic and fundamental business practice.

No he isn't he wanted to speak to him
He's called him stupid several times in his livestreams

>he fell for the assmad serb memes

He's actually a nice guy like most Albanians.

we know it's you

This is a fuller explanation than I gave.

Price gouging does occur, but what Martin did was absolutely not an example of anything remotely close to price gouging.

>Serb cumskin

shitgrin daddy's boy.
good at business but a faggot overall.

he fucked over jew insurance companies and prolly killed some fags

Okay, so he did a relatively normal business practice.

Then why did the media go after him? Why was he essentially treated as a pariah?

GOAT rule 63 politiwaifu

The same reason they after everyone else who isn't a liberal

Martin, are you ever going to get around to buying Sup Forums like you promised a few years back? God knows you'd be better than scammer chink moot

Shkreli did nothing wrong. His only mistake was not being one of (((them))). If he was Jewish he would've been lauded as the future of (((Biotech)))

I would. Definitely.

Neat little guy who is collecting rare drugs so people will be forced to be friends with him.

>It's not cancer medicine
>It's for a rare disease that affects a few thousand people
>If people can't afford it he gives it to them for free (which is 2/3 of them)
>He bought it off a drug company that was about to discontinue it, since it made so little money
>He's actually saved many lives by doing what he did, he's also put out several patents for new drugs that he invented

He's actually a good guy, the (((media))) were just looking to create a new narrative for some light entertainment

As far as I know, I think he's an arrogant dickhead. But I do know his personal justification was to out-sell competitors and eventually lower the price of AIDS medication. Can't say if that's actually happening in practice or ever will, but it's my understanding he will supply it to hospitals that cannot afford it.

Basically a turkroach

Politics, really, and it isn't really worth getting into. I'll try to type about how I personally view it, though.

It occurred during a divisive election in which healthcare was the forefront issue (socialized vs privatized healthcare).
The media (and I don't mean this to sound as redundant or biased as it might seem) is typically left-leaning, because those who consume pop. culture news are typically left-leaning themselves. It's nice to read a single headline that satiates whatever political bias you might have. So, when one story is printed in a way that is palatable to someone, it catches on.
Politics is inherently two-faced. Politicians need to convince voters to vote for them, and very often, that means that they need to spout nonsensical things. Hence, Hillary and Bernie preached about how Martin's actions were evidence of corporate avarice and conspiracy. The average voter has a very limited knowledge base (you shouldn't expect otherwise), and they eat this kind of stuff up. When these same politicians enter office, they'll very often not act on these "promises," because they simply don't make for sound policy. And then voters complain that Congress isn't doing its job -- when really, they are.

I see, thank you.

>When these same politicians enter office, they'll very often not act on these "promises," because they simply don't make for sound policy.

I'd argue that you're seeing this with Donald Trump right now. He's realizing that he cannot do many of the things he promised without it being a detriment in some kind of way.

I like him but sometimes he goes full retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=HROHxpDE6Dw

butter

oh no hes a str8 Trump supporter.
Constantly says Bernie is a FOOL

((( Shkreli ))) is only interested in ((( shekels )))

Douchebag that's everything wrong with the American Health Care System.

>Drug manufacturer deliberately overprices drug by excessive amounts to screw over insurance companies
>insurance companies in turn hike premiums to cover more expensive drugs

I mean he tries to play good guy by saying he gives the drug for free to patients who need it that aren't insured. Sure. But his goal is still to maximize ripping off the insurance companies and of course those insurance companies mean to take it out on their customers with higher premiums.

If I see one more "red pill me" thread, I am going to point a banana at the camera with the caption "don't come to school tomorrow".

and who do you think takes the hit after insurance gets hit with higher costs?

You complain about premiums going up and defend the fuckwads who are the reason your premiums are going up.

The media made a huge story out of the price hike cos he has a smug/punchable face. I honestly think no one would have cared otherwise.

The media dug themselves into a deeper hole as time went on because 1) they lacked any knowledge of common practices in big pharma and 2) not a single person died from this price hike.

You think if Shkreli was such an evil person he would have blood on his hands from patients deprived of the drug, and you would think the media would be all over those people like flies on shit. However, not one single person was deprived of the drug because Shkreli would send it out for free to those without insurance. He made the media look like complete fools. The more they told people to hate him the more people ended up loving him.

Outside of the MSM, reddit hates him for being capitalist and twitter banned him for triggering some dumb feminist journo.

It wouldn't do that for providers that aren't forced to provide such coverage. Either way, it's a good idea if he wants to crash Obamacare with no survivors.

youtube.com/watch?v=HXVQOZDKlRE
Best explained here. Martin red-pills an AIDS patient.

and then you go back to ripping off patients directly.

Ultimately the guy is a douche trying to game the system and tries to deny the end harm he causes to other people.