Boomer General

What are you talking about you lazy bum?
Getting a job is easy!
All you have to do is walk in, ask to speak to the manager and then give him a firm handshake!
That's how I got my first job. Kids these days!

Other urls found in this thread:

clovis.edu/payment/tuition-summer.aspx
ed.gov/programs/fpg/index.html?exp=0
jobs.shamrockfoods.com,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP best post

grandad no
grandad we need schooling first
grandad, it's 2017, not 1955.
grandad plz take your medication.

OPBP

it tougher now than it was then, but the same principle applies

all you need to do is present yourself well. say, get in shape, shave the neckbeard, acquire good posture, and be confident

it's more competitive, but the firm handshake line continues to apply. the difference is that men back then were men and now you have these sloppy manchildren blaming anything for their own failures. grow up. you're an adult. does that not mean anything anymore?

Get out old man.

If only I lived in my father's time would this be possible. I'm too old to start anything in my mid 30s and community college is $10k cash in this area. Hopefully IQ and on the job training will be back in my next life. Being and engineer then would be nice, but until then I'm stuck at Walmart for the rest of my life.

fix yourself and stop expecting things to be handed to you, young man

again, it is much harder now. but looking for excuses, let alone getting mad at past generations for the ease with which they got hired only exposes you as a fag and a crybaby. i'd gladly be an old man instead of a fag and a crybaby.

just get some confidence. if you can't fake it, maybe lose some weight, get some sun, fuck a woman, and stand up straight. the rest will follow. dismiss this advice at your own peril, baby boy

Get the fuck out. Unless your talking about some retail wage cuck jobs companies are expecting a 4 year degree, internship experience, and 1-2 years of other experience in the field, with additional skills for jobs starting at fucking 35k.

Wow, I wasn't aware you were omnipotent and know everything about me. I wish I had your abilities so I could also make such ridiculous ad hom arguments.

oh no, god forbid you get an education before i allow you on my payroll. god forbid you prove you can accomplish even the simplest thing like completing college.

you know what? let me hire losers and idiots. that'll work. let me hire lazy slobs.

here's the thing: you don't need any of that. these are just barriers that companies put up while hiring to serve as some manner of filter for online resume spam. you do not need any of it.

call them. walk in there in a suit. shake a hand (firmly)

this is 100% do-able, you're just looking for an excuse because you're a lazy bum. gatekeeper? walk in there with an $8 box of donuts and put it on her desk with your business card (even if you're a zilch, you should still try a card), and resume.

your attitude is so bad i don't want to help you seriously, but this should serve as an idea

>community college is $10k cash in this area.

No it's not you fucking liar.

i know high school drop outs in their early 20s making over $60k/yr managing restaurants. fuck off.

How is this so hard to believe? I had a Sup Forumsack look into it the other day. The information i got was that this state doesn't subsidize their students at all, no fee waivers, and the only justification for the high prices are guaranteed credit transfers to one of the state colleges, which in turn undermines what a CC is for.

The best advice I was given was to get a PO Box out of state, wait two years and move. Since I have zero resources, this will be an impossibility, not to mention I'd be nearly 40.

>you know what? let me hire losers and idiots. that'll work. let me hire lazy slobs.
I demand 6 figures, a pension plan, matched 401k, and health insurance.
I'll be the best damned lazy slob.

It is for a four year, faggot.

Four years at a community college?!

>KIDDO, YOU GOTTA WORK TILL YOUR BACK BREAKS
>Sorry kiddo, I'm too old for physical labor, can you lift these?

this really. here's your average Sup Forumstard
>no college
>barely graduated highschool
>most likely a neet or has been working a retail job for 1-10 years
>white
>really no qualities that employers want
>"Wow these fucking jews hired niggers and chinks over me! how dare they hire people who actually worked to get where they are!"

I've never "hit the pavement" to find work that pays over minimum. You need a degree, experience, a solid CV and resume with references, a cell phone and know how to search the internet if you want a career. I've been able to move around the country and soon to Europe for a Master's program due to the internet. If I were trying to move concrete blocks or wash dishes again I'd try walking in, but again, you can just use Craigslist for quick cash jobs.

If you can't get at least an Associate's Degree comfortably while doing full-time work within 3 years (that's being generous on time) of graduating High School, congratulations, you're worthless in the workforce. But sure blame the black guy that's railing your only ex-girlfriend or whatever sets the losers on here off.

you need networking

there are fucking job fairs to force people into this

"hey, sandy. i saw you guys at xyz job fair. i'd love an opportunity to talk to a hiring manager about the openings here."

doing simply that, in person or by phone, beats any resume youre agonizing over before you throw it to a dead hr email that filters it on keywords.

nobody said career here. that implies expertise in a field. and if that's the case, you should know everyone you need to, or at least some level of contact in places you might want to go, by the time you achieve actual expertise.

>simplest thing like completing college

Where did you go to college nigger? Did you major in cocksucking? Anyone with a major that is worth anything at a real college knows it is hard work.

hahaha no it isn't

god, no. no it is not. when you finish whatever degree you're working towards, you will see that the real work the begins. and i mean almost any degree. sorry, i forgot that pol is all nuclear engineering biomedical pharmaceutical geoplanning students

regardless, if you find your studies hard, you will eat shit when you become a big boy and get your degree. you'll also find that most of what you learned does not apply in actual work. you know what does? firm handshake and whatever machinations lead to having one. that ties this all together.

Jesus how do you have the energy to do a bait thread like this? What's the point for you?

What type of job are you talking about? Because shit tier retail/service economy jobs are dime a dozen. Blame the boomers for selling out the economy to the Chinks so they could buy a sportscar.

im watching the nork parade.

but seriously, i am completely right. you'll get out there with your big piece of paper and you'll lament every day that you are SMARTER THAN YOUR BOSS and more capable but god, why do you have to slave away for this guy you are SO MUCH BETTER

and then you'll remember my words here tonight

My favorite boomer thing is when they try and explain how they're smart because they're old. Like they think IQ is calculated by adding your age onto the final number.

This CC has online classes that are almost free

clovis.edu/payment/tuition-summer.aspx

Also you can get PellGrant fedbux for 5.5k of (((free money))) per year when you take enough credits

You're welcome faggot

I see you and every thread I tell you to go to Community College, you're an attention whore and your lot in life is entirely your fault if you lack the initiative to save money or get a better job or take online classes, because you are full of shit. Especially when scholarships are available online, you could even take a loan. Even being a Bank slave beats the hell out of working for the Wallmart Jew. Now fuck off, I don't want to see your disgusting moping on this board until you get your shit together. You're pathetic.

you're much better off going to a bar at happy hour on a friday that is near a business at which you'd like to find employment than getting some stupid degree from a stupid college

meet someone

this thread is fucking terrible i'm fucking done. i dropped the wisdom and you fags can either heed it or continue to spin your wheels while you complain about pussy shit and try to make yourself a victim

Dad calm down. You know getting angry is bad for your blood pressure.

You need education, qualifications and experience to meet the baseline prerequisites and then what you are saying matters. If you don't have the prerequisites, it doesn't matter how handsome, charismatic and well presented you are. You won't get anywhere.

If you want to make more than minimum, don't try to "find work" like a goddamn beggar with your hand out.

Make work. Go into sales or make a small business. It's easy, you can become solvent in one day.

untrue. completely untrue.

are you thinking you're going to get a degree and a year later be a vp somewhere?

get your degree and start where the handsome, charismatic, and well-presented non-degree holder started. in a year he is far more likely to ascend than you will be because he is handsome, charismatic, and well-presented.

Thanks for the info.

>can't save money
>can't get a better job because no GED
>no dreams are worth taking a loan out on and the ROI probably isn't worth it
>implying I can get scholarships as a cishet able-bodied male in the current year
I am, at the very least, thankful for your peptalk.

>tfw work overnight
My time at bars would be extremely limited in that route.

>hey, i feel like you're a great fit for this company
>i hope you make it
>please apply online
>fill out these 150 boxes of text telling us all about you and your history
>submit
>oops, there was an error, we'll crush these bugs as soon as possible :^P
>please try again later

Yes, in any field that doesn't require significant knowledge and an academic culture+standard. Getting a degree allows you to TRY to enter good fields, without it you are barred from entry. Please show me examples of individuals without higher education successfully entering and moving up the ladder of STEM fields.

All these NEETS. You are all scum, if you can't find a job then you should unironically look yourself. Not just because you pretend to be right wing but because you offer no real value to the world. I'm in my current job from not being a loser and having actual contacts in the world. If you are 18+ and have no contacts who can immediately land you a job then you have no hope. If this post even convinces one of you degenerates to an hero then it's a success.

great, sounds good, thanks

hey chad, i had some issues with the website. it's all fucked up. i'm really excited about this, and i'd like to strike while the iron is hot. can you give me the name of the hiring manager here? i'd love an opportunity to contact her directly

hello hiring manager,

my name is neet faggot and i met chad the other day. we discussed an opportunity at xyz company, and i think i'd be a great fit. if you have any available toward the end of next week, i'd love the opportunity to sit down with you briefly to discuss my experience, qualifications, and the details of this position. thank you, and i look forward to your response.

sincerely,

HIGH CONFIDENCE neet

Literally any sales organization will hire you.
All you have to do is not be an autist and work hard.
>inb4 bullshit excuses used by people who fail at everything

Back when I still applied to jobs, I would just upload the resume, and leave all those extra parts blank.

More jobs applied to > less jobs applied to with all the neurotic HR personnel boxes filled in.

I would still get tons of callbacks.

Out of interest, how old are you, what is your level of education and what do you do?

>this dweeb can't even work a website properly and we're gonna trust him to bring profits into our multi-thousand dollar business?
>group chuckle
>ya, he sucks, cross him off the list
>what a shame, i thought he was the one
>i didn't, i hope he kills himself
>group chuckle

>Just pay your way through college with a part time job like I did! Its easy!

no manager, vp, ceo, or boss of any form at any company today can work a website properly

this would never take place. it's your own insecurity and it's a self-defeating anxiety thing. believe me, i know how you feel - i am not trashing you.

>All you have to do is walk in, ask to speak to the manager and then give him a firm handshake!
That is literally how I got my first job and my current job. i'm 25 btw.

You sound like a great fit, please use the web site to apply, user.

(5 min after you left) Get a load of this faggot, can't even work the website. Too stupid to work for min wage here. kek

Hello neet faggot! I'm glad you've chosen to practice your skills with our company.

I'd love to take a look at your experience and qualifications, and tell you more about this job, but I'm having trouble finding your submitted online application. What e-mail address is your application account under?

Oh, here it is. I see you have a 2 month gap in your employment history around 5 years ago. Would you mind filling that in? It'd really help me understand if you will be a good fit.

I'll let Chad know that you contacted me, and we can hopefully move the process along quickly.

Sincerely,

HR BRICK WALL

25, engineering degree, hated engineering by the end, became a pub manager, hoping to completely own my own one within next few years.

Now you tell me why you vote right wing despite the fact you have zero value, proven by the fact you can't even get a job, but don't like the government giving you hand outs. The left wing is for people who want to give scum a chance at doing a job they a physically incapable of.

This nigger knows what's up.

Without some qualifications, you're fucked. But to those that aren't hopeless, you take 15 minutes and write up a template like this here.

You spam that message out to companies that seem nice. If their process is a pain or badly written (like a shitty website), send a message anyway, but don't get too hung up on it.

Yes, you will send it to a shit-ton of places, but one *eventually* **will** be interested and at least contact you back. From there it's up to you to not pocket-spaghetti all over the place.

I write this because chums of mine claim ridiculous apply/response ratios and it just sounds like they're complaining. Applying for jobs is indeed hate the player, not the game.

Its mathematically provable that currencies devalue after bailouts and government coporate subsidies and government spending projects etc. etc.

As time goes on it will only get worse without reset.

"money" is not worth the time, nad gov can just take it all for any reason - google civil asset forfeiture. Bailouts and forfeiture are thing that are recent and no other generation had to deal with the effects of them

>be me
>be 19, living w/ parents, jobless
>be looking for job
>every day, watch indeed.com, monster.com, five other websites like a hawk, apply for everything
>dozens of no-contacts and rejections mount up
>parents keep giving me the 'walk in, firm handshake' bullshit.
>keep trying to explain that the world doesn't work like that anymore, that there are protocols to follow and subverting them by 'walking in, asking to speak to a manager, giving them a firm handshake' and instantly subverting those protocalls sends a terrible message to your employer about your ability to follow basic, clearly posted instructions.
>parents aren't buying it
>one day mom sends me the link to a position as a janitor at a car dealership, no caveats about applying online
>call ahead to ask about the application process, get a time to come in, go in the next day, walk up to the manager, introduce myself, give him a firm handshake, fill out paperwork, instantly hired.
>parents feel instantly vindicated
>never realize that this was the one place in the fucking county that still uses this process
>never learn, as I later did, that I was the only applicant out 14 who was white and the hiring manager just really fucking hated niggers and spics

It all worked out in the end. I worked as their janitor for two years, and it was actually pretty fucking chill, until I left to get a more lucrative job. I guess the takeaway is, the old-time ways of the firm handshake would still work perfectly well, if we just took lazy junglebunnies and beaners out of the equation.

>19
>watch indeed.com, monster.com, five other websites like a hawk

user, you're too young and uneducated for those websites... you're wasting your time. You need to be looking for entry level jobs. If you're a white male, you need to accept that you will never wear a tie while sitting in an office building without your bachelors..

As much as I hate to admit it, there's some truth to that. Depends on the country though, I guess, as I hear that in the US companies outright refuse any direct contact nowadays. Thankfully things aren't that bad here either. After I got culled from a comfy office job I'd held since graduation, I had great difficulties finding a decent job even though my CV was fine and I had recommendations. Thing is, online applications are a fucking meme and a giant waste of time. After working some shit tier jobs I got into a good corp the old fashioned way: Called the switch, asked them to connect to a production manager, asked him if they were hiring, and got called in for an interview. Ta-da, career back on track. Later I heard that they got some 300 online applications for that position and nobody had a single look at them because who has time for that sort of shit? I got the job because I was the only one who called in.

Still not as easy as most boomers think, although many of them have become redpilled as they or their friends have lost their jobs and have tried to reapply at 50+ only to realize nobody wants to hire old farts who might soon drop out on a long sick leave and take far longer to learn the ropes than a fresh college kid.

yes, thanks. and this will be my last posting in this thread because i don't need to say anything more, and you nailed it in further.

applying on the APPLY NOW button is a fucking meme. go to the contacts page. contact HR. failing that, contact a manager but only after a reasonable time has elapsed. that manager may kick you back down to the HR person, and then you go right back to the HR person "hello HR person, i spoke to MANAGER today, and he suggested i reach out to you to discuss x position with your company"

that may fail again but at least you have some juice there

and it's not going to piss anyone off. it shows confidence, a goal, and the go-get-'em attitude that is largely non-existent in young men now. they will love it. generally you don't want to go over peoples heads, but in this circumstance it is worth it.

filling in some fuckin forms on a website is a total waste of time

Holy shit! That must mean it's the same everywhere, and everyone shares your experience! I apologize on behalf of the OP, he didn't realize that this happened to YOU and therefore reality changed and it's actually how it happens for everyone.

>yes, thanks. and this will be my last posting in this thread because i don't need to say anything more, and you nailed it in further.

Go fucking kill yourself, you boomer sack of shit.

whoa, neetbux not arrive today on time or what?

keep making excuses. it will get you nowhere. i am not a boomer. i am 32 years old. i am by no means rich, and i have to watch ever dollar, but i own a business and it's doing well and growing steadily. before that, i worked at two giant companies, managed a sales department at one, and managed a state contract with another. i know exactly how hiring works and i've provided advice here that people would pay for.

dismiss it if you want, i don't care. all i care about now is that you continue to stress over one of the easiest things in life because your own sense of entitlement is stronger than your will to work

Haha you posted again faggot

4D trolling

i like

>and it's not going to piss anyone off. it shows confidence, a goal, and the go-get-'em attitude that is largely non-existent in young men now. they will love it. generally you don't want to go over peoples heads, but in this circumstance it is worth it.

Not a boomer but with some corp years under my belt I have to agree. Thing is that you can't fucking trust online applications worth a shit. It can look great and then you call them in to get a complete low-energy limp dick whose M.Sc in Linguistics mom typed his application. Even if you piss someone off, who the fuck gives a shit? What do you lose? They aren't going to sue you unless you broke into the office or some shit. If a manager tells you to fuck off, big deal. If it didn't work out, chances are they weren't going to hire you anyway. I know the "It's all useless in current year" mentality, just a few years ago I was thinking the same way while working some awful warehousing job with Russians and niggers. Things aren't sweet like they used to, but that's all the more reason to put more effort into it than plopping no-effort online applications and then whining because nobody hired you.

>and references, usually 3
>and cover letters
>and mission statements
>and business philosophy
>and full copies of transcripts
>and differing red tape state requirements
>and even then if we are white men, we still may not get the job we are overly qualified for because diversity quotas must be met

I FUCKING HATE BOOMERS FOR RUINING SHIT THAT WASN'T FUCKING BROKEN IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a massive retard. People with college degrees have it easier than those without. Work for people with college degrees is easier than it is for those without. And everyone who is our boss has at least as many college achievements as us.

another day another dollar

i really am a saint

but you got me. done now though for real. but i sense you didn't post that to bait me into posting again. you posted it because you're mad that i am offering a solution. you don't want one. you just want to be miserable and complain and blame the boogeyman. again, i've outlined what you can do and i promise it's good advice.

for anyone who is serious, look at my posts and the posts of the people who have agreed and supplemented them with additional info. for you pussies who want to fire off one APPLY NOW per week and feel like the world is out to get you, continue to behave like this leaf and watch where it gets you.

>implying is not genuinely autistic and angry

>not starting your own business making software (no startup cost aside from getting a computer)

easy millions to be made. if you're smart enough, that is.

1 more to add

>needlessly specific and narrow X, Y and Z majors only please

If you post one more time you suck cocks.

I can't believe you're a big bad businessman and can't capitalize words.

>tfw I'll never have the starting capital for business ownership

It's what I get for being raised in a family that relied on business schemes that never went anywhere and drove us to homelessness.

,,,,,,I hope yu all appreciate what TRUMP has done for the CONSTITUTION anD FREEDOM. He blue thev F@!k out of those islamic terrorists. AMERICA can't not see here while the wOrld is in terrorm meaning it has dictators an child gassers like ASSSAD,, WE need to take him out just like saddam and GADAFFI oNly then can we be salfe and also we should take out N korea the place my phone wa made in, good people nice products. I f AMERICA wasn't so G-D D@!med lazy maybe wwe could complete with these asian guys with electronics.

STAY SAFE AMERICA AND TRUMP

...but, I currently wear a tie while sitting in an office building. Granted, the tie is strictly optional, office dress code is 'business casual', but I am in an office building, in a chair, in the air conditioning. It's been three years, I've moved up from pushing a mop and being given a can of Raid Wasp and Hornet Killer and being tasked with killing a single, specific insect in that timeframe.

Spoiler: I fucking hate my office job, and long for the days when I pushed a mop and went on commando missions to kill a single wasp to satisfy a high-maintenance customer and the crazy fucking manager. Janitor-mode was /comfy/ as fuck, man. If they made the position full time, or at least let me sleep in a camper in the back parking lot, I'd still be there today...

manager thought process :
This guy is really awkward and sounds highly insecure, is he using pua techniques on me ?probably a psycho.. let's keep smiling and wait till he gtfo
>a week pass
>mail
>heart is racing
Sorry user we...
...from my Iphone

>can't get a better job because no GED
Getting your GED is easy. I didn't even study and was able to pass without any issue. Seriously, just get some money together and do it. Then get a call center job and work your way up. Call centers usually hire full time at 40 hours a wekk, which is more than you're probably getting at wally world. You'll get yelled out a lot, but it'll be worth it in the long run. You probably make under enough to qualify for the pell grant. So, if you don't want to start working full time you can at least start taking your core classes before you figure out what you want to do.

protip: you don't have to go to school for something you actually want to do

ed.gov/programs/fpg/index.html?exp=0

fuck you dad

Winning people over and then working your ass off to prove their convictions has always worked and will always keep working.

Based user is dropping wisdom and y'all NEETS better pick that shit up. Even without a degree all it takes is persistence if you aren't Captain Autismo.

Find HR contacts. Email them your resume. Follow up relentlessly. Literally all it takes.

No degree? You can break median income in

incoming burnout 3 2..

Actually the modern day version is to find the general manager, ceo, whatever, email them, buy them lunch and suck there ass for a job

Already work 40 on the books with an additional 5-7 hours of weekly volunteer time. Not sure if I qualify for grants as I make just under $30k (wage is around $14).

be a boomer

no college, work right out of highschool
no cell phone
no cell phone bills
no isp bills
no PC
no cable box bill ( cable hooked directly to TV )
no flat screen tv
cars and trucks were made cheaply because of very little tech
did not eat out everyday because wife was a homemaker

now young adults have all this shit and they wonder why they are broke

If you can't make at least $50k without a degree then then I don't know if college would be able to help you that much. This is coming from a first semester dropout.
If you weren't making at least $100k right out of college then you wasted your time and are honestly not any better than the Walmart poster.

Yeah. And maybe you can have a nice convo first with an HR cunt who didn't read your resume and doesn't know what the job is about instead of talkimg the hiring manager. Then HR cunt (who has NO professional experience) can send you a passive agressive rejection a week later and mentions (((corporate culture))). Fuck HR. They need to be genocided.

Try STEM classes. A firm handshake and/or a suit really do not prepare you for anything remotely technical. If you want to be a non-performing suit, maybe with charisma, but generally your advice is rather droll.

>Getting your GED is easy.
It really is. I got mine over a two-day course, scored in the 97th percentile on reading and language composition, 94th percentile on geography and science, and 85 percentile on math. And I was drunk as hell on the first day of testing.

Didn't mean to be, just felt nervous and figured I'd have three drinks to take the edge off, three turned into 11...and math was on the first day. So, that was a thing.

I went to three interviews and got my job at the last one, took me less than a month. In 2~3 years time I'll have enough experience and certs in my field I could steal jobs anywhere in the world. Being smart in the third world has its perks.

Get a load of this bait

Banks ae insolvent and kept alive by bailouts. This has NEVER hapened before in history, EVER. You can't tell a generation of young people who are on the internet this and expect motivation to remain high. Only the brainwashed morons would continue to feed their insolvent banks.

If you work hard and earn lots in your job you will have it all siezed in time. Don't be surprised - you were warned

not bait
> me, no college degree
> went to a trade high school
> work as industrial worker in union shop right out of school
> join union two years later
> make 90k a year
> on point to retire when i'm 58 with 5k a month pension and 1 million+ annuity

You'll realistically top out at $60-70k after decades in a field without any degree.

Ditto for a BA but you might get to your peak earning period ~10 years sooner.

Some of the more specialized technical fields will start around that $50-70k range but climb into low six figures for peak earning.

Even in a technical career, one day you'll wind up competing for advancement against some guy who knows the field just as well as (or worse than) you, but has a fresh-pressed two-piece and mastery of the firm handshake.

Guess who wins?

6 bucks an hour? 50k is a lot? What shit hole are you from?

was this before or after the test was re-worked for diffuculty a few years ago? Regardless, I'll have to study for at least a year since I haven't been in a classroom since the early 2000s.

diminishing returns is major fear of mine. Thanks for the namedrop.

Hi user,

Thank you for your interest in the Data Analyst - Data Services opening. At this time, we decided to move forward with other candidates.

Your resume will remain accessible to the recruiters on our team and we'll consider your background for other roles within Zillow. We also encourage you to keep a close eye on our website and apply for any roles that are a strong match.

We wish you well in your pursuit of a new opportunity. Thank you again for your time and interest.

Zillow Group Recruiting Team

Dear user,

Thank you for your interest in Rosetta Stone and applying for the position of Technical Writer.

After careful consideration, we have decided to pursue other candidates with qualifications that are a better match to this particular position.

We invite you to check out other open opportunities at jobs.jobvite.com/rosettastone/ and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.

Thank you so much for your interest in Rosetta Stone and we wish you all the best in your job search!

Best Regards,
Rosetta Stone Recruiting Team

Thank you for applying to the Junior Systems Analyst - Phoenix, AZ position with Shamrock Foods Company.

We are reaching out to let you know that we have narrowed our candidate pool
and you are no longer being considered for this specific position. This
decision will not affect the outcome of any other Shamrock Foods
Company applications which you may have submitted.

We hope this outcome will not diminish your interest in a career with us. Please continue to visit our careers website, jobs.shamrockfoods.com, which is updated regularly with new opportunities. From that location you can also join our Talent Community, so we’ll be able to reach out to you if we find your skill set and experience matches a new vacancy.

We wish you every success in your career.

Best Regards,

Talent Acquisition Team
Shamrock Foods Company
2540 N. 29TH Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85009

>You actually get a letter of rejection instead of just ghosted
Lucky bastard.

>You'll realistically top out at $60-70k after decades in a field without any degree.
I already make more than that in a low cost of living state as a self taught programmer.
I don't know your situation or where you live, but if you don't have any debts I would suggest saving and outright buying a house. Where I live you can get a nice house for well under $100k, and under $50k if you buy a plot of land a used mobile home. Mortgage/rent is the single highest thing most people pay for if they have to pay on a mortgage or rent.