Are memes the evolution of occultism?

Are memes the evolution of occultism?

We worship these idols and symbols that represent certain aspects of life, human beings and their ideas, our lives and cosmic events. Greeks had a guy that represented the Sun, a guy that fucked and partied all day, a woman who turned men to stone. Later Romans would be inspired by these symbols to follow in their footsteps, despite them being fictional characters, and fall into the degeneracy that destroyed their empire. We have a frog that feels bad, a man overidden by feelings of depression, a cute ginger woman who is pure of heart and follows Christ

We symbolically and collectively see ourselves as characters like Pepe, or feels guy, a single being yet also an amalgamation of the thoughts of millions . we follow his will through the "messages" he approved using randomly generated numbers. We create for him art, writings, music.

We worship Pepe to the point where we ascribe him to foretelling the future, millions of us post "Trump is gonna win" , one of us is bound to get a post with a perfect 777777, and since Pepe works through random numbers, it means he wills it, and that we will it

This symbol is somehow so great it became the enemy of Hillary Clinton, trying to paint him, a fucking picture of a frog, as everything wrong and evil about the world

All of this is kinda ironic now but man, what if some people dont know that

Memetics are just an extension of what has been happening for the entirety of history - propaganda. Using the internet as a way to spread our ideology has real life influences, and this has spawned a community that worship this good luck. It isn't a form of occultism if it's ironic, but it is a very interesting extension of human behavior.

Yeah but only recently have we been ascribing ideas to symbols that imitated life. Mostly throughout history ideas were represented to abstract symbols, and icons that imitated life were punished

Thats just wrong. Study some paganistic and shamanistic religions and you'll see that it is prevalent in almost all of them. Icons that represent nature are usually tribal, but we can see it in more modern ideologies as well.

Yeah but we ascribed them to general ideas, not real, living individuals

That's bullshit. Roman emperors would be elevated to gods.

Styx, is that you!? Tell me it's you.

Well, that wouldn't make any sense.

The Chinese, Japanese, etc. did as well.

Maybe

Sweeeeet. Keep up the good work, friend.

And it was the Romans who used icons and made art of living beings and then deciding having huge gay orgies was a good idea

Meanwhile Islam forbids all depiction of Allah or Mohammed and theyve been pretty okay until they were introduced to western culture

My weakness is penis

Will do.

The romans made up a god who fucks and parties all day, like an actual person but he jus thad that immortal power of fucking and partying

Of course they saw it and they fucking laughed at the idea, like haha, some idiot that fucks and parties all day, and they understand there is a moral to it

But then one day a lonely and rejected kid's gonna see it and think, "hey, i'm more like Dionysus"

dont all cults start ironically though?

I remember some movie where a class did an expirement by following these weird routines every day in class, just kinda like a group project for fun. Then as it went on they got too into it and eventually they outright became Nazis and some dude got seriously hurt

Having a community such as ours (decentralized and ironic) and having a classroom, which is lead my an authority figure, is significantly different.

As long as we don't latch on to any figures and treat them as though they are unquestionable, we'll be alright.

You sayin philemon looks like that? Daaaayyyuuum

Has Sup Forums ever questioned repeating numbers?

And we only see teachers as authority figures because we just collectively sgree to do so

No, but the energy we invest into making them real produce the desired effects.

Yes and no. Collectively and individually.

Proof

Considering that we all meet in anonymity to discuss how to influence the world and have our own secret symbols, lingo and history I'd say that we're pretty much the Illuminati of the internet. The public know that we exist, know some of our symbols, but most don't know how they all interconnect. They'll write articles about it, trying to explain it, but people just generally don't give a shit.

I imagine IRL secret societies laugh when outsiders try to piece their secret shit together and make asses of themselves, much like we do when some hipster writes an article about here.

Last election. Try to spend more than 5 minutes on Sup Forums and you'll eventually find a few screencaps.

Memes are memes. There's nothing "occult" about them, they are as natural to sapient species as air is required by all living things to survive.
Trump won not because of memes but because his chances were high against Hillary who is practically loser. Sup Forums just convinced itself that it was entirely their doing that he won and so went ahead and unironically embraced Kek or believe that he is real or that memes are magic.
Kek is meme religion/cult or in the most absurd possibility an egregore but even those are normal and we see them today in entities like corporations, organizations and buisiness.

The only way to get rid of memes is to devolve back into prim8s or lose our ability of cognition.
Meme magic is just PURE placebo and "works" only because we think and perceive they do outside of the mind of the person experiencing it it's not affecting anything or existing which is kinda horrific if you ask me imagine something only existing in your mind but not outside, no I'm not saying schizophrenia since schizophreniacs "make it up stuff"
involuntary and believe them while with psychic-memetics it works like a virus and "infects" the mind of its host, which is more real than the psychosis of a schizophreniac.

This is my opinion.