Are martial arts a meme, Sup Forums? Which one is /ourma/?

Are martial arts a meme, Sup Forums? Which one is /ourma/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N8x1YePAJvs
youtube.com/watch?v=hOHvMqAgcmc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Krav-maga.

>not intimidating your foes with your wit
Fighting is for weaklings

seems like wrestling is the most pol of the martial arts, since it beats all the others in a 1 to 1.

also one of the last sports dominated by whites, fuck off cuba you don't count.

Muay Thai is the most practical striking Martial art.
This is not up for debate.

Polish kikboxn m8

mixed martial arts instructor here

That is not a martial art
Krav-maga is a meme and a scam
Not entirely correct. I started my career learning muay thai during 3 years tho

brazilian jiu-jitsu is GOAT

Nope. Even Dutch kickboxing is more effective than pole shit.

>Wrestler beating Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Allrightythen.

Manlet here

Is Judo the only martial art for me?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was invented by a 130lb manlet

What would you say is more practical than muh muay Thai then?

Pankration is the true white man's form of fighting.

No
Im pretty tall and kick boxer manlets fighters can give me a badtime if they know what they are doing.

I came here to post this..
:)

youtu.be/N8x1YePAJvs

they can be pretty memeworthy, but knowing basic stuff, and having experience taking a hit helps in some situations

weight matters more than everything else combined

asians believe stupid shit, martial arts movies aren't purely fantasy in their minds

Aikido is the ultimate martial art in my eyes.
Its a Japanese art of defense about knowing your opponents weakness.
I just like it how its so subtle not a lot of energy is needed, and a result you can subdue an opponent to the floor with one simple hand action.
Forget all this fly kicking and complicated grapple holds aikido is the ultimate one to know.

>falling for the krabby jew meme

Learn Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and you're good for 99% of encounters.

You are trolling right?

Vietnamese kung fu is very good for manlets. And very practical IRL too.

it definitely does, i know the gracies like to meme otherwise but if you look at the history of the sport sakuraba in his prime raped their best one by one.

bjj is a great style, but a wrestler can always control where the fight takes place and often tends to be:
>durable
>strong
>thick neck / jaw

which makes him a difficult opponent for a bjj'er who is acustomed to starting on his knees and fighting circularly on the floor. against a bigger and more athletic opponent used to slams, carries and throws it's a nightmare matchup.

guys like mark kerr and rico rodriguez dominated abu dhabi with their size and strength, they were virtually untappable because of the physical differences.

wrestling builds a body capable for war. bjj trains nerds how to tap someone of comparable size and weight. (which is all it was ever designed to do, as a self-defense system).

greco roman european mongolian japanese african wrestling has a 5000 year tradition in across the planet, because it trains your body to fight.

Boxing is the ultimate red pill

>Aikido
if you are a woman and want to know self defense when you go to your yoga class and a druggie with parkinson try to assault you its pretty good yeah, the rest you wrote is just a meme.

I think you meant "marketed", not invented.

No. Taekwondo is for manlets.

The only clear answer

its a pretty useless skill in todays world, so yes, its just a big time drain

running away from a fight, having a weapon give you better odds than knowing a martial art. enjoy taking a guys back in the street and accidentally slamming your head on a bench

>you can subdue an opponent to the floor with one simple hand action.
kek

Came to post this

I hated wrestling when I was in school because the current world champ at 61 kg was a classmate and he raped me on the mat everyday.

tae kwon do

This. I saw Steven Seagull use it in his cool action movies and I knew it was the one for me

Striking: Boxing/kickboxing/muay thai/ kyokushin(maybe)
Grappling: Wrestling/judo/BJJ/sambo.
Don't bother with anything else

Except that they always looses fights in real life. Seen most trained Muchai getting beat up by an amateur boxer.

The only correct answer is Gunfu

>having a weapon
>UK
Good luck trying to beat me with one of your knives. Not the first time someone tried to assault me with a pocket knife and ended kissing the floor.
>running away from a fight
This is actually a good advice.
You got memed and scammed by jews

>This thread

This pretty much. Boxing and wrestling are the two time honored sports that go back top gladiatorial days. These are white man MA.

No. Ludo is. Or rape flutes.

boxing

Martial arts work for every height, just take what you want.

Or I came to shit post because I know all martial arts is fake and gay. There's no martial arts which works in real life, it's just gymnastics for Dungeon and Dragon players.

how would you say to your fellow anons who have never wrestled, what it feels like to wrestle someone better than you? pressure/intensity.

a lot of these guys think that they could land a punch or outgrapple for a submission or do some kind of wrist flick dim mak shit and disable an opponent, but they've never experienced the humbling physicality of wrestling.

Aren't there two types?
Did the 'peacefull ' one for a year but then Did sambo

My roll determines my martial craft. HERE AND NOW, OH GREAT GAME OF CHANCE LEND ME GUIDANCE!!!

no, in boxing low weight gets owned by upper ones

Mate, you teaching in Barcelona? Any reputable clubs? They all seem quite McDojo so far that I've seen.

Rollerino

Got a point its not really practical when all hell breaks lose good for when i was working on the door as a bouncer for a while and drunken gobshites wanted a go.

But apart from that still dosent beat my normal pub brawling teqnique of picking up whatever i can find be it chair pool cue, bottle and smashing them over the head with it.
Forget your martial arts then you aint gonna stop getting smashed over the head from behind.

>Alchemist
>Blinding your opponents with acid
>Not bad

Also, rolling.

Stab you should be pretty easy to be honest

And if the aggresor uses a large knife you have 0 chance

Yes. There is a reason why boxing is divided in so many weight categories. 5 extra pounds is a world of difference.

For being a well rounded fighter you need to know striking and grappling. Weapons are additional, but only after you mastered the basics. The best combinations are:

>Boxing + Judo

Great combination, best "street package", because of the focus of mobility and speed.
You'll be dangerous man if you know those two.

>Muay Thai + BJJ

Another great combination, it's bascially the "MMA starter set". You also have kicks, Ellbows and what not. And your BJJ enables you to actually spawn fancy kicks, because if someone takes you down you are still feeing comfortable.

>Kyoskushin + Wrestling

Very though and strong combination. Balls-of-steel tier. Probably too hard for many people.

>Sambo

Best stand alone martial art, but difficult to find. Also do the "Sport" version and keep the fuck aways from "Combat Sambo", which is bullshit.

Add-ons:
-Filipino martial arts (Arnis/Kali/Escrima) for no nonsense weapon fighting.
-Aikido for some locks and small joint manipulation (but has a bad "return on investment", because their training is too much hugging).

rollan

you always have a chance cuck

rlllan

Yeah fuck knows probbaly, i hardly know much about it just got taught a little by some martial arts mad work mate.

Martial arts are a redpill of sorts.
15yrs of Kempo here. You would not believe
how little people actually know about how their
bodies move or how their bodies are so easily manipulated. Makes fighting the average person
entertaining actually.

This makes so much sense. I would suggest your Muay Thai fighter was just utter shit? A boxer has zero defense against being kicked in the legs till he can't stand up.
The more rules you learned under, the more giant fucking holes are left where a referee would normally save you. Sport fighting is fucking gay.

Aikido is a meme, its as fake as wwf wrestling

The best combination is wrestling and muay thai/kickboxing.

It's very humbling. Its one of the most futile moments in your life, you understand this other guy has been training to do this much longer and harder than you and their is really nothing you can do to stop him.

It's how I imagine a fish would feel when it's hooked if it could understand what was happening.

He was talking about height. You can overcome a height disadvantage by changing your fighting style.

Neat. And to be fair, I've been doing Aikido for eight years and it's useless as Fuck.

Thanks Allah I started French Boxing fiche years ago, even that works better.

And if I used a tank you have zero chance. That doesn't mean knives and martial arts don't have their place. It's also fun as fuck and keeps you in shape.

Good for staying healthy and building confidence but practically boxing is the way to go if you want to win fights in real life, maybe judo if you're a small guy/girl and would just be looking for an opportunity to leg it.

That doesn't mean you're not able to practice boxing, of course someone taller and heavier has an advantage over you that's obvious but that doesn't mean that it's physically impossible to learn boxing if you're shorter than average

DEUS VULT

Boxing, wrestling, karate, and judo

fuck

Where are you from? Can't find mma where I live and was thinking on starting kickboxing, though I'm pretty old (27), dunno if it's weird

not tae kwon do

>By Sven Svensson
>Step 1: Suck his cock without mercy

there we go

No you cant. Manlets are inferior

I'm not him but kickboxing is great. Make sure they spar or compete in local competition. 27 is not old in the slightest. You could start at 40 and still be good.

the fedora of martial arts

Martial arts are largely bullshit, depending on how you view it. It varies greatly on what kind you go for. The average person does it for exercise, to meet new people or to brush up on their self confidence. The kind of scenario where you might consider using it is the kind of scenario that would be best handled with street smarts and knowing when a situation is getting ugly, and just avoid it in the first place. It doesn't make you some sort of warrior when you become a black belt. Getting into a real fight will usually involve either you or them throwing the first punch. Mastering a difficult kata doesn't mean shit in a real fight, and getting hit by a real fist with no pads will make the normal sane person, even a black belt, freak out. It is scary and it fucking hurts. For whatever reason, I've been in quite a few fights in my time. 70% of it comes down to situational awareness, level of sobriety and luck. Having good strength and muscle memory, knowing how to throw a punch, technique is good. But a lot of the time you will end up on the ground trying not to get your head smashed into the bitumen. If you have good training and experience, that can quite often work against you in a court if the other side invests in good legal representation. Every time you get into a street fight you are rolling the dice, and once the law gets involved you have no say in what happens. Martial arts are great, but don't rely on using them, avoid situations with cunts.

Or you can be an asshole about it and bring a knife to a fistfight

Kickboxing is uncomplicated and you train like an athlete, rather than LARPing as an ancient Japanese person in pyjamas. At 27 six months of dedicated training will see you in the ring fighting a Karate blackbelt with many years of training, on about an equal footing. Seen this many times.

I have really shitty mobility i'm built but what kind of combat training should i start?

fpbp

Came to post this.

>Step 2
let him fuck you in the ass for years and become his bitch
>Step 3
After years of sucking his cock and taking his cock up your ass you gain his trust and you slit his throat while he is sleeping

Swedish martial arts

manlet as well, you are at a disadvantage and you will have to put more effort and strategy into it than taller fighters, but its not impossible.
2 years kickboxing here.

roll

Virgin

My sides.

Roule

beniserino :DD

5'4" prime Mike Tyson would unironically destroy all the height babbys of today

youtube.com/watch?v=hOHvMqAgcmc

Krav-maga is the epitome of a meme martial art.
It's not a martial art if it's not an art. Krav-maga is literally just go for the weak spots, and then beat the shit out of people. In other words, nigger street-fighting horseshit par-for-the-course rebranded as a "practical Israeli commando combat system".

/ourma/ is, depending on whether you are a European-Supremacist or appreciate East Asian martial arts, either Glima (Scandinavian wrestling) or, on the Asian side, Kung Fu if you want a beautiful combat art for a pastime and Karate if you just want to beat the shit out of an opponent.

Thanks, I was a little self-conscious because I'm guessing most people starting are way younger

I dont give a fuck about some nigger midget Tyrone. Manlets are inferior and Mike Tyson was and still is a bum

It's always good for white men Tony Ain MMA,boxing,muay Thai and BJJ

This is why you don't bother with Karate. The purpose of the training so you don't freak out.
Once you don't freak out anymore, fights rarely eventuate.

Checked.

begone degenerate