"Thou shalt not kill!"

>"Thou shalt not kill!"
>Literally condemns his own son to death and has him murdered in the most brutal manner

Is hypocrisy the cornerstone of religion?

Yes.

>How can you prove to me that a divine being exists? I'm not saying that one cannot exist, but what makes you so certain that YOUR god exists and is the "correct" god?
>"W-WELL HOW CAN YOU PROVE THAT HE DOESN'T EXIST???!!! CHECKMATE STUPID ATHEIST AHAHAHA"
>I never said I was an atheist though
>"IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN MY GOD YOU'RE BASICALLY AN ATHEIST AND GOING TO HELL AHAHAH DIRTY ATHEIST!!"

Because he's the hero the world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll crucify him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

It's a corner stone of the human experience. Hope you enjoy your physical form.

1 Corinthians 1:18
"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Why do you Christcucks disregard how amazing the world we're in can be? Yes, it can be evil, but that is necessary for contrast. If we don't have evil we can't have good and vice versa.

Why are you so dissatisfied with your existence as to completely disregard it and believe that you'll go somewhere better afterwards?
Quit restraining yourself and enjoy your life.

Wow, that's some really black and white thinking you got there OP. I guess it's true what they say: atheists have no abstract thinking skills.

>>"Thou shalt not kill!"

No the word is "murder" not "kill"
You shall not murder.

>>Literally condemns his own son to death and has him murdered in the most brutal manner

He killed his son not murdered him.
He was justified therefore it wasn't murder.

>Is hypocrisy the cornerstone of religion?

I think its closure.

God is All and infinite. Divine law is law and is Natural law. Hermes Trismegistus was told Jesus would come. You cannot find fault in Jesus, who was predicited to come since the time of Abraham. Human brain corrupts natural law because it cannot understand what is infinitely good can also be infinitely evil, since the two are just poles in a vast continuum of the all.

But God didn't condemn Jesus to be killed.

The mankind did, and even when he was strung up on the cross, he pled his Father to forgive them.

Staunch atheists are just as closed minded as staunch theists. You need to maintain balance between belief and what appears to be objective reality.

Strawman is the weakest but most common fedora

thats actually their argument

its almost as if god isnt a magic king sitting on a cloud, jesus is not the son of god and instead jesus was simply an exceptionally moral man who was murdered by the religious and political authorities of his time because he preached non violence and love of your neighbour

I went to Catholic school for 8 years when I was growing up. I've heard people argue exactly how I portrayed it in my post.

>but that is necessary for contrast. If we don't have evil we can't have good and vice versa.

Exactly.
Jesus served as a simulacrum to save you.
He gave of himself so you wouldn't have to suffer.

It was a noble sacrifice.

Because the original writing, which was done in Hebrew, reads "do not murder".
Unjustified killing is a sin.
Accidently killing someone in a car crash without intent is not.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

So you're telling me that one man's suffering is enough to provide contrast for the entirety of humanity's joy? That doesn't sound right to me.

Exodus 20:13King James Version (KJV)

13 Thou shalt not kill.

You cannot be anything BUT a staunch atheist.
Blind belief is antithetical to someone who ascribes to the ideal of requiring proof or at least scientific evidence of the existence of something before putting stock in it.

God is unlikely to exist. If it did, then our models of physics wouldn't apply, but they clearly do.

So, either God is not real, or it is incapable of acting outside of the laws of the system it somehow created, in which case it isn't a god, just a powerful being, and is unworthy or worship.

Or, god chooses to not interact with the universe outside of its laws, and is irrelevant until it does.

Why is Jesus God's one and only son? What makes Jesus any different from us? Better yet, what makes us and different from God?

The Holy Trinity says that there are three "parts" to God: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
It's mentioned in the Bible that the Holy Spirit is in everyone and everything. Now, if the Holy Spirit is equivalent to God as told by the Trinity, doesn't that make us and everything else in existence equivalent to God?

Why does Christianity and other formal doctrines have to be so restrictive and structure oriented? (It's because the Romans were hierarchical and they had a large part in manipulating Christianity) You can follow a belief system and not have it be so structured and limiting; look at Taoism as an example to this.

>it's a different word so it's okay
literally arguing semantics lol

its the shittiest form of confidence scam imaginable
you do a thing for me i promise a reward after you die

Literally not semantics.
Murder means to kill someone with intent and malice.
God didn't kill his Son.

The Jews did.

(((King james)))

semantics
sJˈmantJks/
noun
the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning

My point of view is more oriented towards having flexible beliefs. As humans, we have been proven wrong before. There is nothing stopping us from being proven wrong again (even though it's unlikely).

Maybe it would make more sense to call myself an open-minded atheist. That's really the point that I was trying to get at.

Religions is a literal cancer. You can't expect reason from them.

Is there anything more disgusting than an atheist Seppo?

Hebrew word has a different meaning
Justified and unjustified killing was a concept they had.
Well do you consider hanging Saddam as murder?
No it's killing.
One is justified one isn't

Civic Christians are the worst

God didn't kill Jesus the Jews did.

#notmymessiah

Religion in and of itself is not a cancer, it is a useful tool that people can use to aid in living a productive and happy life.
People just happen to use this tool very foolishly and end up becoming dependent on it.

One can use a hammer to build something, or one can use it to murder somebody. Humans are the source of corruption for what would otherwise be a useful tool. Unfortunately, the Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Islam, etc) have become corrupted beyond repair by foolish people. Abrahamic religions are definitely the most harmful of the belief systems at this point in time.

That doesn't matter. You are choosing to take the weakest argument, stuff it with straw, set it up, and knock it down. You could have lead with something like the problem of evil, or the unnecessary of a divine creator with scientific understanding of the origin of life. Instead you presented the other side doing argument from ignorance, in a mocking tone, thus: strawman.

Alright, well in that case, would you like to make a genuine point for me to argue against? The strawman was purely to get the thread rolling, knowing that it would garner some attention.

Another thing that I didn't mention in my previous reply to your post:
Most people assume that monotheism and polytheism are the only ways to go when it comes to being theistic. This is really just because people are not exposed to many different theologies and philosophies.
"God" does not have to be defined as some anthropomorphic entity. "God" could be defined as simply being the entirety of existence as we know it; this belief in particular is called "pantheism" (which I recommend you look into, it's fairly interesting).

There is also a point of view that kind of walks between theism and atheism called ignosticism (similar to, but not the same as agnosticism).
Ignosticism is where one comes to the conclusion that there is no point in discussing or pondering the existence of a divine without being able to come up with a solid definition for it. If we cannot all agree upon a single definition for "god", then how can we possibly begin to argue for its existence?

Sure it was. How about a refinement of the strawman into a sound argument: Atheism is logically invalid, because it's core concept is fallacious. Premise P is proof of God, and conclusion C is there is a God, and P => C. Agreed? Atheism is saying not P, therefore not C, a logical fallacy in formal logic (denying the antecedent)

That commandment was for men, not for God

Because of that type of logic, I don't particular feel comfortable considering myself to be atheist. If anything, I'm pantheistic.
If you read my previous posts in this thread, you'll perhaps come to the conclusion that I think certainty to be irrational given our limited human perspectives. This conclusion would be true.

Well, did Christ, his Son, murder anybody?

Jesus is God. He sacrificed Himself.

Because this man was not just one man, he was The Son Jesus Christ. A perfect sinless man. Remember, the wage of sin is death. So when God came was born as Christ, and was crucified, he took the price for all of our sins.

What's wrong with semantics? Killing and murder are different things. Killing someone in self defense is not murder. Killing someone for the fun of it is. That's why it's important to note that it says thou shalt not murder rather than thou shalt not kill.

actually the romans did.