Who would honestly buy a Tesla when they can buy a Porsche?

For the same price?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0QE0DC20150810
nationalreview.com/article/397162/tesla-and-its-subsidies-phil-kerpen
youtube.com/watch?v=JnTUuY82NQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any number of reasons. That's the beauty of the free market.

Thats the whole point of tesla. Making electric cars viable for everyone

tesla is new and fresh.
its only your babaric primitive thinking that makes you wish to drive a porsche.

>Thats the whole point of tesla. Making electric cars viable for everyone
And going bankrupt in the process?

>its only your babaric primitive thinking that makes you wish to drive a porsche.
Do I want a real car or some plastic cheap knockoff from the US.
HMMMM, so hard to decide!

>Buying con cars from a conman.

E-mobility creates as many problems as it solves in the state of todays technology.

Enjoy the rare earth mines and the heavy metal pollutants come in hand.

tesla is a battery company

I'll wait for the 25k Subaru electric car which lasts forever and has 4WD

Tesla is whatever will artificially inflate the stock price the most. Musk is a con-man.

>electric cars viable for everyone
>$35k for the cheapest, yet unreleased model

there is no contest. tesla is a fucking reddit circlejerk car. I'm going to probably end up buying a new 718 or used 911 next spring.

what the fuck is this kek

That... is a Tesla.

>horrible reputation, wannabe rich guy car
>zero storage
>no autopilot
>no supercharging

People have destined their bankrupcy for ober a decade. Meanwhile they got over half a million preoders for the model 3

>135k for 200 mile range

Does it pass the emission tests?

Its a start up. Technology trickles down and cheapens.

Btw, tesla is open source so anyone can try and make their own electric car. So in 2025 when most new cars being made are electric and renewable enegies are dirt cheap you'll be thanking tesla.

Because the average consumer is a retard and terrible with money

>for ober a decade
it is über a decade, mate.

Tesla will decline eventually. The "half a million" preorders of the Model 3 are nothing but a scam marketing ploy - you pay 1k and can always get the 1k back at any time, no questions asked. It is like putting money on a bank account, not money up for a car. Not to mention that after the initial rage about the model 3, Tesla has shut up completely about the number of pre-orders received. Why?

Model 3: 35.000$ for 215 miles with the lowest config

>Does it pass the emission tests?
>electric cars

Are you supposed to be funny? You do know the whole emissions test "scandal" in the US was a way to protect American gasoline car makers who do not make any diesels from European competition, right? Right??

>Tesla will decline eventually.

t. every tesla critic ever

never came true, never will

Novelty, and yuppies who want to show off to their neighbors. I live right outside of DC and I'm disgusted at the amount of teslas I see on the road.

They have to be the most plain looking, half assed designed cars I've ever seen.

Tesla is a meme. It will go under pretty quickly if there is a recession. Start shooping cuck hair on Elon Musk now because it's inevitable.

>zero (0) production models delivered

I will wait till i see it. I expect people to be thoroughly disappointed

>is creating

All I see are cars that VW, Porsche, GM, 'are creating'. Yeah okay, so out in 2020 maybe? Tesla has their third model out in 3 months and these hypothetical cars are 'ousting' Model S specs which have been out for 4 years. Tesla also is ramping the Supercharger network every day with thousands of these things, and tying them in with the solar roofs and power walls.

Tesla did the right thing because it went after the infrastructure for electric cars and has an insurmountable lead there. So Porsche comes out with an electric car 2 years from now - but it can't access the already-in-place Tesla supercharger network. Is that the car anyone is going to want?

>tesla is open source so anyone can try and make their own electric car.
We have had electric cars around for over a hundred years. Sorry to say, their "open source" is bs. ICEs and hybrids are way more complicated than pure electric cars.

The tech is in the battery tech and in the surrounding car as well as the manufacturing processes, nothing of which is really something that Tesla is good at.

Tesla is good at marketing.

becasue tesla and or spacex has a track record of overpromising and underdelivering, lol

Tesla does 0 marketing.

Tesla was a scam from the beginning you fucking retards. Most people understood that which is why no one has a fucking Tesla

$25k cars are considered affordable in the US. Teslas are only $10k more and prices will drop over time.

exactly
the only marketing they get, are from americans that hype tesla, because they want to take pride, that they make "good" cars now, and want to compete with the german reich car industry

Tesla is shite tbqh.

>>Tesla will decline eventually.
>t. every tesla critic ever
Actually, pretty much all predictions about Tesla by its critics have come true. Tesla is still heavily in the red making no money, it has not hit its sales targets, not hit its timeline targets for rolling out cars, not hit its price targets and is currently losing to the big car manufacturers such as Jaguar, BMW, Porsche, Daimler, Audi etc. in upcoming models in the premium sector. Those competitors offer better car tech with the same battery capacity and range.

Tesla will shrink to be relevant in North America only in the next few years and after the inevitable decline in share price which result from that be merged into Ford or GM or some other retard American car company.

Don't bother bringing in the company propped up by government subsidies

>no one has a fucking Tesla
50k cars per year (roughly) for 4 years means at least 200k people have a Tesla.

I see them constantly, but it's true when I travel out of state I see less of em. I saw precisely zero of them up in Idaho.

>t. evey tesla critic ever

change the record.

>They have to be the most plain looking, half assed designed cars I've ever seen.
This so much. Pic related is what a Tesla ACTUALLY looks like.

Ever seen one in real life? They look pretty nice and stand out from the crowd.

Also >always German butthurt in Tesla threads.

I understand, they simply wnat to make the infrastructure available. Fossil fuels will be phased out eventually and tesla and other sister conpanies are at the forefront of the new gen of tech. It boggles me that people dont understand that current paradigms are temporary and these companies are accelerating the development of everything this new tech entails

You mean, Boeing, General Motors, Goldman Sachs, Google, Abercrombie and Wallmart?
So you'd actually want them to make horrible financial decisions? Btw the whole subsidy thing is a meme. Taxpayers benefit from Tesla.

>Those competitors offer better car tech with the same battery capacity and range.

Lol. This is objectively not true.

Kek nice thread. Tesla is a scam. Each car made is sold at a loss and the company only exists due to govt energy credits and ultra low interest rates. Tesla is a perfect example of the fake economy fueled by ZIRP. Also the cars are shit

>becasue tesla and or spacex has a track record of overpromising and underdelivering
100% this. Both Tesla and SpaceX have constantly overpromised and always failed to deliver.

SpaceX has promised manned spaceflight capsules "within 3 years" back in 2006. We are in 2017, where are those capsules? Every year, Musk predicts to lower launch costs to the "hundreds of dollars" and a "mission to mars" and "50 launches a year" and SpaceX, after 16 years, is still in the red making huge losses and losing international commercial GEO sat contracts left and right to Russia, China and Arianespace.

Tesla is no different.

>Porsche
hopefully more reliable than their last experimental vehicle

>what is sarcasm

>Each car made is sold at a loss
This is also objectively not true.

They look boring and bland, just like their interior.

Keep moving the goalposts Muhammed

Lol. That's pretty much all they do

So it does or it doesn't?

You clearly don't quite get the Elon Musk management strategy - which is to overpromise, then drive his people like crazy to try and meet that promise. You're right that they usually fall short, because if it looks like they might actually make it, he increases what he's promised. Hell, he's stated as much in interviews.

Tesla repaid the $452.000.000 US loan + interest + bonus payment, so the taxpayers actually gained from it. Don't fall for Sup Forums memes.

reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0QE0DC20150810

Their design is shit, yes.

Which is dumb because electric cars don't have the same constraints limiting design that internal combustion cars do, yet they try nothing new with it.

V ist neben B

Warum bist du so wütend, Deutsch?

Subsidies != loans

>the company only exists due to govt energy credits and ultra low interest rates
That and retards like the ones in this thread who couldn't recognize a bubble if it was coming out their pozzed assholes, so keep investing in these meme companies.

No, they took a loan from the energy department like a decade ago and paid it back early with interest.

This

Here in Florida we don't see as many, will probably be the case until they start making a 4x4 truck or something you can tow a boat or camper with

>Removing the front grille to increase aerodynamics

People complained about that a lot, now they like it.

Cars are already pretty aerodynamic, why fix it if it ain't broke?

And they've taken billions in subsidies how hard is that to understand?

Musk is a faggot and a scam artist

>same price
>actually worse than a tesla
good try germanigger

>Porsche
>Tesla

OR...I could get a GTR, and get better reliability AND performance

That's because their entire business model is to make some outlandish claim and then have their cronies in tech media hype it up while spreading it to reddit where dumb fedoras will invest (if they have anything left after donating to Bernie and buying dragon dildos).

>reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0QE0DC20150810
You are a fucking retard, and I mean that. First off, article is from 2015. Second, that is including capital expenditures in order to expand at the time. That doesn't mean that cars 'are being sold at a loss'. If they were, the fucking company would stop making them. They posted a profit last quarter, so how could that be true if every car were costing them 4k? Why would they push so hard to get every car out the door that they can every quarter if each one cost them 4k? Fuck you're dumb.

>its only your babaric primitive thinking that makes you wish to drive a porsche.

yeah, but what are the bad points?

>Government subsidies
>Paying for a product to be delieverd

Sure, I guess everything is just subsidies then.
That arguement is the stupidest shit for Spacex, not even half of their revenue comes from government CONTRACTS (hint: not subsidies)

They don't get subsidies, the cars they produce allow buyers to get tax credits. That's a pretty big difference.

>For the same price?

why would they be the same price?

>aerodynamic
I'm talking about aesthetics you autistic moron. The cars objectively look like garbage.

>Porsche and tesla are the only production electric cars
Fuck tesla and especially porsche. I'll get myself a Chevy.

t. BMW employee

>Nissan
>ICE
>2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>I'll get myself a Chevy.

would you honestly buy a come if you already have a pepsi? i already own a tesla fuck off mate why would i want a vw clone

good, bring on some competition

>real car
If it makes you feel superior, sure. But, really Scotland invented the Electric car, so no, porsche isn't real either.

Because you can get a lucid by the time the vision E is out

>they posted a profit

Yeah of like 0.5%

>They posted a profit last quarter
Subsidies and investment mate. You tesla fags never seem to understand shit about business. That's why you fall for media hype telling you to donate to Bernie and Elon Musk

Tesla: If other companies sell more electric cars than us, we win.

Is Tesla the Canada of Cars?

>2014

lel

You do realize they're a growing company right?
Also, yeah, just keep moving the goalposts, hypocrite

why would i buy a porsche if I can get a smart?
lol
costs a fraction of the price and consumes a fraction also

nationalreview.com/article/397162/tesla-and-its-subsidies-phil-kerpen

Yes. Perfect description. And Elon Musk is the Justin Trudeau of businessmen.

ULA is basically Nasa except outsourced to Lockheed in a sweetheart government monopoly to just use the same bullshit Atlas rockets from the 60s to do exactly what Nasa was already doing. They don't give a shit about making anything new. In fact, ULA is pretty much the argument against government monopolized space. No interest in actually changing anything, because they can just ass-rape the government on prices for the same old shit.

The goal of tesla is to show that e cars are better than ice cars and therefore make them accessible to the masses. If anything, its the apple of cars

just like my country
youtube.com/watch?v=JnTUuY82NQ4

>Tesla will decline eventually.

People, mostly butthurt Euros, always say this about hyped up American companies but they are always wrong. See Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and tons of other upstart tech companies around 08. They are saying the same against Uber, Tesla, and the like now.

go be a faggot somewhere else

Smart looks pretty badass desu

Protip: SpaceX is a pseudo-private company.

The US government actually funds that piece of shit.

Ah, ZEV credits, the thing literally any carmaker could take and yet Tesla was the first one smart enough to do it in the magnitude the government wanted.

It's no different than tax breaks and other incentives that try to pull people to a state.

That's exactly what Nevada was doing, so even though they don't get the tax money directly from Tesla, they get all the taxes generated by the Tesla employees in Nevada buying houses, goods and other items.

A lot of states do that for a lot of companies.

Yeah, that piece of shit which did something every other rocket company was saying was impossible simply because they're too retarded and cheap to actually invest in R&D. Fucking rockets have hardly changed since the 60's.

Why buy any of that crap when you can buy a rwd redblock powered Volvo and it'll be clocking the miles long after todays POS cars are long gone

They're really not though. Until they are on the same level of range as an average petrol car they will have an inherent inferiority.

Battery swaps are an option, but still not as convenient as filling up your gas tank. Not to metnion labor intensive and even if automated, very expensive.

Electric cars have a lot of potential but we need massive updates to infrastructure or revolutionize batteries (extremely unlikely) for them to become a #1 option.

>was saying was impossible

yeh, except that never happened